SC-XH50 Home Theater System with DVD Player
- 1080p DVD Upconversion
- 5.1Ch Front Layout/Surround, 300 Watts
- HDMI w/ ARC (Audio Return Channel)
- Playable Discs
- DVD DVD-Video
DVD-R/DVD-R DL/DVD-RWDVD-Video MP3(DVD-R/DVD-RW)
- Audio System
- Output Channel 5.1ch
Output Power: Home Theater Mode (RMS)
Total Power: 300W
Front: 55W x 2 (1kHz, 5ohms, 10% THD)
Center: 55W (1kHz, 5ohms, 10% THD)
Surround: 55W x 2 (1kHz, 5ohms, 10% THD)
Subwoofer: 55W (100Hz, 5ohms, 10% THD)
Output Power: Home Theater Mode (FTC)
Total Power: 160W
Front: 25W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 5ohms, 1% THD)
Center: 25W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 5ohms, 1% THD)
Surround: 26W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 5ohms, 1% THD)
Subwoofer: 34W (20Hz-300Hz, 5ohms, 1% THD)
- Dolby ® Digital Decoder Yes
- High Quality Picture
- 1080p Up-Conversion with HDMI Yes
- Deep Color -
- High Quality Sound
- Dolby ® Digital Decoder / Dolby ® Pro Logic ® II Yes
- Digital Music Connection for iPod/iPhone -
- Dialog Enhancer Yes
- Whisper-mode Surround Yes
- EQ Yes
- Subwoofer Level Yes
- Easy to Use
VIERA Link™ (HDAVI Control 5)Yes
- Easy Setup Yes
- Selectable Speaker Layout Yes
Universal Dock for iPod/iPhone-
iPod / iPhone Playback (
- iPod/ iPhone Full Title List on Screen Display for Music & Video Content -
- SPEAKER SYSTEM
- Front Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-ref.
- Front Speaker Unit [Approx.] 2-1/2" Full Range, Cone Type
- Center Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-ref.
- Center Speaker Unit [Approx.] 2-1/2" Full Range, Cone Type
- Surround Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-ref.
- Surround Speaker Unit [Approx.] 2-1/2" Full Range, Cone Type
- Subwoofer Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-ref.
- Subwoofer Speaker Unit [Approx.] 4-3/4" Woofer (Cone Type)
- HDMI Out Yes
- Video Out Yes
- Optical In Yes
- Analog Audio In RCA
- System Configuration NTSC
- Power Supply AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption (Approx.) 47W
- in Standby Mode 0.4W
- Digital Synthesizer Tuner Yes
- Station Presets 30-FM
- Dimensions, Weights
14-3/16 x 1-7/8 x 10-3/4inch
- Front Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 3-5/32x 4-11/16 x 2-11/16 inch
- Front Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 0.71lbs
- Center Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 3-5/32x 4-11/16 x 2-11/16 inch
- Center Weight (lb.) [Approx.] .86lbs
- Surround Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 3-5/32x 4-11/16 x 2-11/16 inch
- Surround Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 0.71lbs
- Subwoofer Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 6-1/32 x 9-1/16 x 9-3/16 inch
- Subwoofer Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 4.6lbs
- UPC 885170030039
SC-XH50 is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Only works occasionally Has a mind of its on. Turns on and off only when it wants to.
Date published: 2012-01-24
- Home Theater System Remote Controls
What do I do in the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
How do I connect a Panasonic home theater system to my TV?Panasonic recommends that you use an HDMI cable to connect the HDMI output of your Blu-ray disc player to the HDMI input on your TV. Then place your TV on the correct HDMI input using your TV remote control.
What should I do if I am not getting any sound from the center or the right speaker?Center Speaker
Check the speaker wire connection on the back of the unit. Unplug the speaker wire from the back of the unit, and then reinsert it into the center speaker slot on the back of the unit. Next, go to the unit's audio settings and perform a speaker test. If you are using a stereo channel source or the unit has no center channel encoded, turn on the "Super Surround" option.
The right speaker of the center channel is a "Super Tweeter" it along with the full range speaker produce a more natural sound even though you may not hear audio coming from the super tweeter. Super tweeters produce high frequencies which may not be heard at all times.
How do I use the ARC feature with my home theater system?ARC is an abbreviation for Audio Return Channel. To use this feature the HDMI cable you are using must be compliant to HDMI v1.3 spec or later. Older cables may not work correctly.
VIERA Link can work with either the HDMI- ARC feature of a compatible TV.
For ARC usage make sure that the systems HDMI ARC port is connected to the TVs ARC port.
1. Press [HOME].
2. Select "Others" icon and press [OK].
3. Select "Setup" and press [OK].
4. Select "Audio" and press [OK].
5. Select "TV Audio Input" and press [OK]. Then select the "ARC" option.
Afterwards the TV's ARC feature will control the home theater system and the sound from the TV will be heard through the systems speakers.