DVD Home Theater Sound System
- 1080p Upconversion
- Front Surround Mode
- HDMI Audio Return
- Replacement Accessories
- Home Theater System Remote Controls
- PLAYABLE DISCS:
- DVD-ROM DVD Video
- System Configuration NTSC
- RECEIVER SECTION:
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (RMS)
Total Power: 1000W
Front: 125W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Center: 250W (1kHz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
Surround: 125W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Subwoofer: 250W (100Hz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (FTC)
Total Power: 446W
Front: 60W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
Center: 106W (120Hz-20kHz, 6ohms, 1% THD)
Surround: 60W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
Subwoofer: 100W (45Hz-120Hz, 6ohms, 1% THD)
- Selectable Speaker Layout Yes (5.1ch Surround or 5.1ch All Front Layout)
- EQ (Flat/Heavy/Clear/Soft) Yes (4 preset)
- Subwoofer Level Yes
- Center Focus Yes
- Whisper-mode Surround Yes
- Dolby® Digital Decoder / Dolby® Pro Logic® II Yes
- Digital Synthesizer Tuner Yes
- Dolby® Digital Decoder Yes
- DTS™ Decoder Yes
- Easy Setup Yes
- Station Presets 30-FM
- DVD/CD SECTION:
- Dialog Enhancer Yes
- 1080p Up-Conversion with HDMI Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- Zoom Function Yes (Normal, Auto, x2, x4)
- Video D/A Converter 108MHz/12-bit
- UNIVERSAL DOCK:
Universal Dock for
- iPhone® Integrated
- iPod Playback (Music/Video/Playback) Yes
- iPod Full Title List on Screen Display for Music & Video Content Yes
VIERA Link™Yes (HDAVI Control 4)
- HDMI Out 1
- Video Out 1
- Audio Input 1 (AUX)
- Digital Input 1 (Optical)
- SPEAKER SYSTEM:
- Front Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-reflex
- Front Speaker Unit 2-1/2" Full Range, Cone Type
- Front Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 0.88
- Front Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 4-11/16" x 3-5/32" x 2-11/16"
- Center Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-reflex
- Center Speaker Unit 2-1/2" Full Range, Cone Type
- Center Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 1.32
- Center Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 3-11/32" x 5-23/32" x 2-13/16"
- Surround Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-reflex
- Surround Speaker Unit 2-1/2" Full Range, Cone Type
- Surround Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 0.88
- Surround Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 4-11/16" x 3-5/32" x 2-11/16"
- Subwoofer Configuration Bass-Reflex Type
- Subwoofer Speaker Unit 6-1/2" Woofer (Cone Type)
- Subwoofer Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 11-13/32" x 5-23/32" x 10-5/32"
- Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 6.0
- Dimensions (WxHxD) [Approx.] 2-1/8" x 16-15/16" x 11-5/16"
- HOME THEATER RECEIVER:
- Super Surround Yes
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
Why won't a rented disc play in my player?
If you're having difficulty playing a disc that you have rented or borrowed, try a disc that you own to see if it plays. If it does play then there could be a problem with the borrowed or rented disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth to remove any debris or fingerprints.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
What should I do if my Home Theater System will not turn on?
Try the following:
1. Press and hold the power button on the unit for a few seconds.
2. Ensure that the power cord is inserted properly into the back of the unit.
3. To verify that power is available, connect another device, such as a lamp, to the power source that the unit is connected.
4. If operation is not restored, please contact Panasonic for service assistance.
What should I do if my Home Theater freezes or locks-up?
1. Unplug all cables and USB devices from the home theater. 2. Unplug the power, wait about 30 seconds then reconnect.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
My unit has no power. What do I do?
If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
I would like to add a couple of outdoor speakers in my patio that are connected to this Home Theater System. Is this possible?
Using other speakers can damage the product and sound quality will be negatively affected. We recommend that you use the speakers that were supplied with the product.
I can still hear my TV speakers while connected to my Home Theater. Is there a way to turn them off?
Yes, check with your TV manufacturer's instruction manual to turn off or disable your TV speakers.
How do I reset the SC-PT480 Home Theater System?
While stopped and "DVD/CD" is the source, press and hold [STOP] on the main unit and [>10] on the remote control until "INITIALIZED" disappears from the TV. Turn the unit off and on again. All settings will return to the default values. (This does not work during program and random modes, or when setup menu or START menu is displayed.)
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
Am I able to playback a DVD from another Region other than Region 1?
No, on this device you are unable to playback a DVD from other Region.
Am I able to play a Blu-ray or DVD disc from another country?
No, the player will only play discs that are Region 1 or All.