5.1-Channel Cinema Surround Sound Bar System SC-HTB880
- Low-profile sound bar sits in front of TV without blocking view
- Bask in surround sound with 5 speakers and wireless subwoofer
- Experience pure audio/video with 4K/3D signal pass-through
- Connect devices via Bluetooth®, NFC, HDMI and audio inputs
- Output Channel 5.1ch
- Power Output - Home Theater Mode (RMS)
- Total Power 500W
- Front 50W/ch (1kHz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
- Center 50W (1kHz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
- Surround 50W/ch (1kHz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
- Subwoofer 250W (100Hz, 8ohms, 10% THD)
- Dolby® Digital yes
- Dolby® Pro Logic® II/ Dolby® Virtual Speaker yes
- DTS™ Digital Surround yes
HIGH QUALITY PICTURE
- FULL HD 3D Compatible yes
- 1080p Output (x.v.Color, Deep Color) yes
HIGH QUALITY SOUND
- LincsD-Amp yes (2nd generation)
- Clear-mode Dialog yes
- Dialog Level Control yes
- Multi Angle Sound yes
- aptX®Low Latency yes
- H.Bass yes
- Down Firing Subwoofer yes
- Up to 7.1ch Linear PCM Input via HDMI yes
- 4K Signal Pass Through yes
- Wireless Subwoofer yes
- Auto Gain Control yes
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) yes*1
- IR Blaster Included yes
- VIERA Link™ (HDAVI Control 5) yes
- Wall-Mountable Speaker yes
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology yes
- Panasonic Music Streaming App yes*2
- NFC (One-Touch Connection) yes*3
- Configuration 2-way 2 speakers, Bass-reflex
- Speaker Unit [Approx.] Woofer: 2-1/2" (6.5 cm) Cone Type / Tweeter: 1" (2.5 cm) Semi-dome Type
- Configuration 1-way 1 speaker, Bass-reflex
- Speaker Unit [Approx.] Full Range: 2-1/2" (6.5 cm) Cone Type
- Configuration 1-way 1 speaker, Bass-reflex
- Speaker Unit [Approx.] Woofer: 6-1/2" (16 cm) Cone Type
- HDMI Output yes (TV)
- HDMI Input yes (2) (BD/ DVD, AUX)
- Digital Audio Input yes (TV)
- Power Supply*1 AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption - Total [Approx.]
- Normal Use [Approx.] 31W
- Standby [Approx.] 0.4W*4
- Power Consumption - Subwoofer [Approx.]
- Normal Use [Approx.] 46W
- Standby [Approx.] 0.2W*5
- Suitable TV Sizes 50"
- Front Speaker
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 44-9/32 x 2 x 4-3/4 inch (1125 x 51 x 121 mm)
- Weight [Approx.] 6.8 lbs. (3.1 kg)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 7-3/32 x 16-1/16 x 12-1/16 inch (180 x 408 x 306 mm)
- Weight [Approx.] 11.9 lbs. (5.4 kg)
- NOTE *1 ARC compatible TV is required. / *2 Download on the App Store. Download on Google Play™. / *3 To use NFC without downloading App, an OS Version 4.1 or later AndroidTM device is requrired. The installation of the Panasonic Music Streaming App allows use of an Android smartphone or tablet with the NFC function and OS Version 4.1 or earlier. / *4 The other connected devices have to be turned off. Standby (Bluetooth standby on) power consumption approximately 3.0W (HTB880), 3.5W (HTB580). / *5 Standby (Wireless Link is not activated) power consumption approximately 0.4W (HTB880), 1.0W (HTB580). / Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- TRADEMARK NOTICE Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. / DTS, DTS-HD, the Symbol & DTS and the Symbol together are registered trademarks, and DTS-HD Master Audio is a trademark of DTS, Inc. / The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Panasonic Corporation is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners. / Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. / "Google Play" and "Android" are trademarks of Google Inc. / aptX® software is copyright CSR plc or its group companies. All rights reserved. The aptX® mark and the aptX logo are trademarks of CSR plc or one of its group companies and may be registered in one or more jurisdictions. / HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
What should I do if my Home Theater System will not turn on?
Try the following:
1. Press and hold the power button on the unit for a few seconds.
2. Ensure that the power cord is inserted properly into the back of the unit.
3. To verify that power is available, connect another device, such as a lamp, to the power source that the unit is connected.
4. If operation is not restored, please contact Panasonic for service assistance.
What should I do if my Home Theater freezes or locks-up?
1. Unplug all cables and USB devices from the home theater. 2. Unplug the power, wait about 30 seconds then reconnect.
What should I do if I am not getting any sound from the center speaker?
Check the speaker wire connection on the back of the unit. Unplug the speaker wire from the back of the unit, and then reinsert it into the center speaker slot on the back of the unit. Next, go to the unit's audio settings and perform a speaker test. If you are using a stereo channel source or the unit has no center channel encoded, turn on the "Super Surround" option.
What is the recommended connection for my Home Theater to connect to my TV?
Panasonic recommends that you use a HDMI cable from the HDMI output of your blu-ray disc player to a HDMI input on your TV. Then place your TV on the correct HDMI input using your TV remote control. Click here for Connection assistance Interactive.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
My unit has no power. What do I do?
If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
How often do I need to update the software on my Home Theater System?
Firmware updates are released to correct problems that some customer's may have. If your unit is not experiencing the noted issues, there is no need to install the update.
How do I use the ARC feature with myHome Theater system?
ARC is an abbreviation for Audio Return Channel. To use this feature the HDMI cable you are using must be compliant to HDMI v1.3 spec or later. Older cables may not work correctly.
VIERA Link can work with either the HDMI-ARC feature of a compatible TV.
For ARC usage make sure that the systems HDMI ARC port is connected to the TVs ARC port.
1. Press [HOME].
2. Select "Others" icon and press [OK].
3. Select "Setup" and press [OK].
4. Select "Audio" and press [OK].
5. Select "TV Audio Input" and press [OK]. Then select the "ARC" option.
Afterwards the TV's ARC feature will control the home theater system and the sound from the TV will be heard through the systems speakers.
How do I connect this device to a wireless network?
This player features Wi-Fi built in. To connect to the wireless network press the [HOME] button. Then select "Player settings" and scroll to the "Network" option. Then press the [OK] button. Select the "Easy Network Settings and follow the onscreen prompts. For this setup, it is important to know the wireless network name (SSID) and encryption key (password). Click here for an Interactive for troubleshooting Home network connections.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.