3.1 Channel Sound Bar Home Theater System
- 3.1 channel sound
- Smart networking wireless Bluetooth technology
- Compatible with 3D signal
- Wireless down firing subwoofer
- Output Channel 3.1ch
- Power Output - Home Theater Mode (RMS)
- Total Power 310W
- Front 60W/ch (1kHz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
- Center 60W (1kHz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
- Subwoofer 130W (100Hz, 8ohms, 10% THD)
- Dolby® Digital yes
- Dolby® Pro Logic® II/ Dolby® Virtual Speaker yes
- DTS™ Digital Surround yes
HIGH QUALITY PICTURE
- FULL HD 3D Compatible yes
- 1080p Output (x.v.Color, Deep Color) yes
HIGH QUALITY SOUND
- Clear-mode Dialog yes
- Dialog Level Control yes
- Multi Angle Sound yes
- H.Bass yes
- Down Firing Subwoofer yes
- Up to 7.1ch Linear PCM Input via HDMI yes
- Wireless Subwoofer yes
- Auto Gain Control yes
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) yes*1
- IR Blaster Included yes
- VIERA Link™ (HDAVI Control 5) yes
- Wall-Mountable Speaker yes
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology yes
- Panasonic Music Streaming App yes*2
- NFC (One-Touch Connection) yes*3
- Configuration 1-way 1 speaker, Bass-reflex
- Speaker Unit [Approx.] Full Range: 2-1/2" (6.5 cm) Cone Type
- Configuration 1-way 1 speaker, Bass-reflex
- Speaker Unit [Approx.] Woofer: 6-1/2" (16 cm) Cone Type
- HDMI Output yes (TV)
- HDMI Input yes (BD/ DVD)
- Digital Audio Input yes (TV)
- <footnote>Power Supply</footnote> AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption - Total [Approx.]
- Normal Use [Approx.] 31W
- Standby [Approx.] 0.4W*4
- Power Consumption - Subwoofer [Approx.]
- Normal Use [Approx.] 21W
- Standby [Approx.] 0.2W*5
- Suitable TV Sizes 42"
- Front Speaker
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 37-13/32 x 2-3/32 x 4-11/32 inch (950 x 53 x 110 mm)
- Weight [Approx.] 5.7 lbs. (2.6 kg)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 7-3/32 x 16-1/16 x 12-1/16 inch (180 x 408 x 306 mm)
- Weight [Approx.] 11.0 lbs. (5.0 kg)
- NOTE *1 ARC compatible TV is required. / *2 Download on the App Store. Download on Google Play™. / *3 To use NFC without downloading App, an OS Version 4.1 or later AndroidTM device is requrired. The installation of the Panasonic Music Streaming App allows use of an Android smartphone or tablet with the NFC function and OS Version 4.1 or earlier. / *4 The other connected devices have to be turned off. Standby (Bluetooth standby on) power consumption approximately 3.0W (HTB880), 3.5W (HTB580). / *5 Standby (Wireless Link is not activated) power consumption approximately 0.4W (HTB880), 1.0W (HTB580). / Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- TRADEMARK NOTICE Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. / DTS, DTS-HD, the Symbol & DTS and the Symbol together are registered trademarks, and DTS-HD Master Audio is a trademark of DTS, Inc. / The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Panasonic Corporation is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners. / Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. / "Google Play" and "Android" are trademarks of Google Inc. / aptX® software is copyright CSR plc or its group companies. All rights reserved. The aptX® mark and the aptX logo are trademarks of CSR plc or one of its group companies and may be registered in one or more jurisdictions. / HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
- UPC 885170177826
iF Design Awards for 2015
SC-HTB580 is rated out of 5 by 14.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great complement to Panasonic TV I purchased the Panasonic SC-HTB580 sound bar in March for improved sound quality while watching my Panasonic television. The sound is much fuller along with a noticeable base sound. The sound bar and television easily linked together which allows me to use the original tv remote for both units. This Panasonic sound bar does everything I need it to do. While there may be some higher priced sound bars with more features and better sound quality, I am very pleased with my purchase of the HTB580 as it does everything I need it to do.
Date published: 2015-06-21
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from A suitable sound system for a Panasonic LED TV The installition was easy and the VIERA Link system works well with the Panasonic TC-58LE64 LED TV. The sound syncs well with the picture. If you use the Panasonic VIERA Link system, there are limited controls for bass and treble settings. It is not the best sounding system, but it was by far not the most expensive either.
Date published: 2015-06-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great buy! Great price, quick delivery, easy install and setup, great sound, love watching movies and listening in cinema mode. Awesome!
Date published: 2015-06-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Never would have thought... I love this soundbar and sub. It isn't quite the same as my old receiver and huge Onkyo 6.1 surround sound speaker system was, but is comes pretty close without having all those speakers and wires all over the place. I have this connected to my Panasonic 50" plasma using ARC over HDMI. It took a little while to figure out the first time I set it up but ever since then it has worked exactly like you would want ARC to work. One remote (the one from the cable company) controls everything and the soundbar's audio follows the TV source as it is selected/changed. No extra button pushes or switching to get the soundbar to play the new input. The sound quality is night and day compared to just the TV's speakers. Especially for movies, loud scenes, and if there is music playing on the show/movie. I've also used it for playing music and Howard Stern over NFC/bluetooth and it works pretty well here (5 stars for Howard, 3.5 for music). It looks nice too.
Date published: 2015-03-27
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great for the price Panasonic has always been my go to for home theater sound and this most recent purchase did not disappoint. Great sound, and for the cost it can't be beat!
Date published: 2015-03-24
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Decent Sound Bar Setup wasn't too difficult and sound is great!
Date published: 2015-03-23
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from I thought sound bars were supposed to be easy I really don't know how to rate this thing because I can't get it to work! Three people have spent a total of two hours trying to get it to work with a new TV. The only thing we managed to accomplish is LOSING THE SOUND to the Wii U. I could not be more frustrated and my children could not be more disappointed.
Date published: 2015-01-18
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Decent sound bar Ok for my bedroom TV.
Date published: 2015-01-15
What do I do in the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
How do I connect a Panasonic home theater system to my TV?Panasonic recommends that you use an HDMI cable to connect the HDMI output of your Blu-ray disc player to the HDMI input on your TV. Then place your TV on the correct HDMI input using your TV remote control.
What should I do if I am not getting any sound from the center or the right speaker?Center Speaker
Check the speaker wire connection on the back of the unit. Unplug the speaker wire from the back of the unit, and then reinsert it into the center speaker slot on the back of the unit. Next, go to the unit's audio settings and perform a speaker test. If you are using a stereo channel source or the unit has no center channel encoded, turn on the "Super Surround" option.
The right speaker of the center channel is a "Super Tweeter" it along with the full range speaker produce a more natural sound even though you may not hear audio coming from the super tweeter. Super tweeters produce high frequencies which may not be heard at all times.
How do I use the ARC feature with my home theater system?ARC is an abbreviation for Audio Return Channel. To use this feature the HDMI cable you are using must be compliant to HDMI v1.3 spec or later. Older cables may not work correctly.
VIERA Link can work with either the HDMI- ARC feature of a compatible TV.
For ARC usage make sure that the systems HDMI ARC port is connected to the TVs ARC port.
1. Press [HOME].
2. Select "Others" icon and press [OK].
3. Select "Setup" and press [OK].
4. Select "Audio" and press [OK].
5. Select "TV Audio Input" and press [OK]. Then select the "ARC" option.
Afterwards the TV's ARC feature will control the home theater system and the sound from the TV will be heard through the systems speakers.