Home Theater System Sound Bar SC-HTB20
- Multi-positional Speaker Layout
- Pure Brilliant Sound
- Clear Mode Dialog
- Output Channel 2.1ch
- Power Output[Home Theater Mode (RMS)]
- Total Power 240W
- Front 65W x 2 (1kHz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
- Subwoofer 110W (100Hz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
- Power Output[Home Theater Mode (FTC)]
- Total Power 90W
- Front 25W x 2 (110-20kHz, 6ohms, 1.0% THD)
- Subwoofer 40W (50-110Hz, 3ohms, 1.0% THD)
- Dolby® Digital yes
- Dolby® Pro Logic® II / Dolby® Virtual Speaker yes
- DTS™ yes
High Quality Picture
- FULL HD 3D Compatible yes
- 1080p Output (x.v.Color™*1, Deep Color) yes
High Quality Sound
- Anti-Jitter Digital Amplifier yes
- Clear-mode Dialog yes
- Down Firing Subwoofer yes
- Nanosized Bamboo Cone Speaker yes (Woofer)
- Up to 7.1ch Linear PCM Input via HDMI yes
Easy to Use
- Multi-Positional Speakers yes
- Wireless Subwoofer -
- Dialog Level Control yes
- Auto Gain Control yes
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) yes
VIERA Link™ (HDAVI Control 5)yes
- Auto Lip Synchronization Function yes
- Wall-Mountable yes
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology -
- Configuration 1 way 1 speaker, Bass-reflex
- Speaker Unit [Approx.] Full Range 1-3/8" x 4" Track Cone Type x 1
- Configuration 1 way 1 speaker, Bass-reflex (Down Firing)
- Speaker Unit [Approx.] Woofer: 6-1/2" Cone Type
- HDMI Output yes (TV)
- HDMI Input yes (BD/ DVD)
- Optical Input yes (2) (TV, AUX)
- Analog Audio Input
- RCA -
- 3.5mm -
Power SupplyAC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption (Total) [Approx.]
- Normal Use 40W
- Standby 0.07W*3
- Power Consumption (Main Unit*2) [Approx.]
- Normal Use 40W
- Standby 0.07W*3
- Power Consumption (Subwoofer) [Approx.]
- Normal Use -
- Standby -
- Main Unit
- Dimensions (W x H x D)*4 [Approx.] -
- Weight [Approx.] -
- Front - Bar Style (for wall-mount)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 29-47/64 x 1-59/64 x 2-5/16 inch
- Weight [Approx.] 2.9 lbs.
- Front - 2.1ch Separated Style (with stand)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 4-31/32 x 16-15/16 x 5-1/8 inch
- Weight [Approx.] 1.6 lbs.
- Front - 2.1ch Separated Style (for wall-mount)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 1-59/64 x 14-55/64 x 2-5/16 inch
- Weight [Approx.] 1.4 lbs.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 7-3/32 x 16-1/16 x 12-1/64 inch
- Weight [Approx.] 12.2 lbs.
- NOTE *1 x.v.Color is a trademark. / *2 For HTB20, the main unit works as a subwoofer. / *3 The other connected devices have to be turned off. / *4 Excluding the projecting parts. / *Specifications are subject to change without notice. Weight and dimensions are approximate.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
What types of devices can I connect to my Home Theater System?
This sound bar has two optical inputs and one HDMI input. Therefore, up to 3 different devices can be connected to the sound bar, not including the TV.You can connect a cable or satellite box to this sound bar using either an Optical or HDMI cable.
What should I do if my Home Theater System will not turn on?
Try the following:
1. Press and hold the power button on the unit for a few seconds.
2. Ensure that the power cord is inserted properly into the back of the unit.
3. To verify that power is available, connect another device, such as a lamp, to the power source that the unit is connected.
4. If operation is not restored, please contact Panasonic for service assistance.
What should I do if my Home Theater freezes or locks-up?
1. Unplug all cables and USB devices from the home theater. 2. Unplug the power, wait about 30 seconds then reconnect.
What audio formats are compatible with the SC-HTB20/350/550 sound bar?
The sound bar will accept Dolby Digital, DTS and LPCM audio formats.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
My unit has no power. What do I do?
If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
Is this sound bar capable of passing a 3D signal through it?
Yes, 3D signals can pass through the HDMI connections.
I can still hear my TV speakers while connected to my Home Theater. Is there a way to turn them off?
Yes, check with your TV manufacturer's instruction manual to turn off or disable your TV speakers.
How do I select my Optical inputs on the SC-HTB20?
Simply press the corresponding remote button for the correct input. Press either the [TV] or [AUX] button on the remote control.
How do I reset the SC-HTB20/500/520 Home Theater System?
While this unit is on, press [POWER] on this unit for more than 4 sec. (All the indicators will blink twice when the unit is reset.)
How do I reset the Home Theater System?
While this system is on, press [POWER] on the active subwoofer for more than 4 sec. (All the indicators will blink twice when the active subwoofer is reset.)
How do I connect my TV to SC-HTB20 or HTB550 bar?
ou can connect this sound bar via the Optical or HDMI-ARC outputs of the TV.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
Can I use VIERA Link with this sound bar?
Yes, with VIERA Link you can control the volume level and turn the sound bar on and off. Also, you may want to change the TV's VIERA Link menu to set the sound bar as the default audio choice.
Can I use this sound bar with the ARC feature of my TV?
Yes. Simply connect the HDMI ARC connection of the soundbar to the HDMI ARC connection on your TV.
Can I connect video devices to my sound bar?
The sound bar is designed to connect two video devices to the HDMI inputs on the sound bar and the video from these devices can be sent to the TV through the HDMI output on the sound bar.
Can I connect my cable box to this sound bar?
Yes, you can connect a cable or satellite box to this sound bar using either an Optical or HDMI cable.
Can I connect devices to the SC-HTB20, HTB550, HTB170, or HTB770 sound bar using analog audio cables?
No, this sound bar is only designed for equipment with Optical or HDMI outputs available.
Can I connect any TV to the SC-HTB20 or HTB550 sound bar?
Yes, you can connect this sound bar to any TV via an Optical or HDMI-ARC connection.
Can I adjust the dialogue and bass heard from the SC-HTB20, or HTB196?
Yes. You can adjust the bass and dialogue.