Home Theater Audio System
Home Theater Audio System with Surround Sound Receiver, Front Speakers, Surround Speakers, Compact Center Channel Speaker, and Passive Subwoofer — 2-Way Wireless/Wireless 2nd Room Audio Ready
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (RMS)
Total Power: 800W
Front: 90W x 2 (1kHz, 4 ohms, 10% THD)
Center: 220W (1kHz, 6 ohms, 10% THD)
Surround: 90W x 2 (1kHz, 4 ohms, 10% THD)
Subwoofer: 220W (100Hz, 6 ohms, 10% THD)
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (FTC)
Total Power: 500W
Front: 50W x 2 (150Hz-20kHz, 4 ohms, 1% THD)
Center: 150W (150Hz-20kHz, 6 ohms, 1% THD)
Surround: 50W x 2 (150Hz-20kHz, 4 ohms, 1% THD)
Subwoofer: 150W (45Hz-150Hz, 6 ohms, 1% THD)
- Center Focus Yes
- Remote Control A/V remote controls most current Panasonic TVs and DVD Players/Recorders
- HDMI Terminals No
- SPEAKER SYSTEM:
- HOME THEATER RECEIVER:
Dolby Digital DecoderYes
Dolby Pro Logic DecoderDolby Pro Logic II
- Rear Wireless Ready Yes, 2-Way Wireless when used with optional Panasonic SH-FX60 2-Way Wireless Receiver
- Wireless 2nd Room Audio Ready Yes, when used with optional Panasonic SH-FX80 Wireless 2nd Room Receiver Kit
- 360° Sound No
- Surround Enhancer No
- H. Bass Sound No
- EZ Sync™ HDAVI Control No
- Sound Field Control (SFC) Yes
- Super Surround Sound No
- Surround Music Yes
- Subwoofer Level Control 5-step subwoofer level control (min, 5, 10, 15, max) via Subwoofer Level key on remote
- FM/AM Digital Synthesizer Tuner Yes
- Energy Star® Qualified Yes
- Speakers - Wall-Mounting Holes and Built-In Nuts Yes
- Magnetically Shielded Speakers Yes
Component Video OutNo
- S-Video Out No
- Composite Video Out No
- Music Port Yes, provides simple connection for portable audio players
- Digital Inputs 3 (2 optical, 1 coaxial)
- Audio Inputs 1
- Receiver Dimensions (inches, W x H x D) 16 15/16 x 4 1/8 x 15 1/32
- Receiver Weight (lbs) 8.4
- Front Speaker Cabinet Dimensions (W x H x D) inches 3 5/8 x 10 5/8 x 3 3/4
- Front Speaker Weight (lbs) 1.8
- Color silver
- Weight 17.3 lbs
- Output Power - Home Theater Mode (RMS) Total Power: 800W
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
What should I do if my Home Theater System will not turn on?
Try the following:
1. Press and hold the power button on the unit for a few seconds.
2. Ensure that the power cord is inserted properly into the back of the unit.
3. To verify that power is available, connect another device, such as a lamp, to the power source that the unit is connected.
4. If operation is not restored, please contact Panasonic for service assistance.
What should I do if my Home Theater freezes or locks-up?
1. Unplug all cables and USB devices from the home theater. 2. Unplug the power, wait about 30 seconds then reconnect.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
My unit has no power. What do I do?
If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
I would like to add a couple of outdoor speakers in my patio that are connected to this Home Theater System. Is this possible?
Using other speakers can damage the product and sound quality will be negatively affected. We recommend that you use the speakers that were supplied with the product.
I can still hear my TV speakers while connected to my Home Theater. Is there a way to turn them off?
Yes, check with your TV manufacturer's instruction manual to turn off or disable your TV speakers.
How do I reset the SC-HT40 Home Theater System?
1. Press and hold [SETUP] to enter the setup menu.
2. Press [TUNE - or +] to select "RESET" then press [ENTER].
3. Press [TUNE +] to select "RESET YES" then press [ENTER].
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.