DVD Home Theater System
Home Theater System with Built-In DVD Recorder, Hard Disk Recorder, 5 Speakers, and Active Subwoofer
Progressive Scan DVD-RAM/DVD-R Recorder / Receiver
2 Slim Tallboy Speakers
1 Center Channel Speaker
2 OmniCastTM Surround Speakers
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (RMS)
Total Power: 800W
Front: 70W x 2 (1kHz, 4 ohms, 10% THD)
Center: 260W (1kHz, 4 ohms, 10% THD)
Surround: 70W x 2 (1kHz, 4 ohms, 10% THD)
Subwoofer: 260W (100Hz, 4 ohms, 10% THD)
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (FTC)
Total Output Power: 470W
Front: 45W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 4 ohms, 1% THD)
Center: 140W (120Hz-20kHz, 4 ohms, 1% THD)
Surround: 45W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 4 ohms, 1% THD)
Subwoofer: 150W (45Hz-120Hz, 4 ohms, 1% THD)
- Remote Control Universal
Dolby Digital DecoderYes
Dolby Pro Logic DecoderDolby Pro Logic II
- Rear Wireless Ready No
- 360° Sound No
- H. Bass Sound No
- Multi-Channel Sound Field Yes
- Sound Field Control (SFC) Yes
- FM/AM Digital Synthesizer Tuner Yes
- 5 DVD/CD Changer No
Multi-Format Playback (Playable Disc Type)
DVD-RAM/DVD-R, CD, CD-R/RW, Video CD, MP3
- Dialogue Enhancer Yes
- Cinema Mode Yes
- Built-In VCR No
- Tall-Boy Speakers Yes, with Height Adjustable Stand
- Magnetically Shielded Speakers Yes
Component Video OutYes
- S-Video Out Yes
- Composite Video Out Yes
- Digital Inputs 1 (Optical)
- Audio Inputs Yes
- Receiver Dimensions (inches, W x H x D) 17 5/8 x 3 3/16 x 14 5/8
- Receiver Weight (lbs) 12.8
- Front Speaker Cabinet Dimensions (W x H x D) inches 9 27/32 x 44 3/16 x 9 23/32
- Front Speaker Weight (lbs) 9.3
- Center Speaker Cabinet Dimensions (inches, W x H x D) 12 19/32 x 3 15/32 x 4 9/32
- Center Speaker Weight (lbs) 3.3
- Surround Satellite Speaker Cabinet Dimensions (inches, W x H x D) 7 15/16 x 21 9/16 x 7 7/8
- Surround Satellite Speaker Weight (lbs) 5.1
- Subwoofer Cabinet Dimensions (inches, W x H x D) 11 7/32 x 16 15/32 x 18 11/16
- Subwoofer Weight (lbs) 31.7
- Weight 31.7 lbs
- System Configuration Progressive Scan DVD-RAM/DVD-R Recorder / Receiver
What do I do in the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
How do I connect a Panasonic home theater system to my TV?Panasonic recommends that you use an HDMI cable to connect the HDMI output of your Blu-ray disc player to the HDMI input on your TV. Then place your TV on the correct HDMI input using your TV remote control.
What should I do if I am not getting any sound from the center or the right speaker?Center Speaker
Check the speaker wire connection on the back of the unit. Unplug the speaker wire from the back of the unit, and then reinsert it into the center speaker slot on the back of the unit. Next, go to the unit's audio settings and perform a speaker test. If you are using a stereo channel source or the unit has no center channel encoded, turn on the "Super Surround" option.
The right speaker of the center channel is a "Super Tweeter" it along with the full range speaker produce a more natural sound even though you may not hear audio coming from the super tweeter. Super tweeters produce high frequencies which may not be heard at all times.
How do I use the ARC feature with my home theater system?ARC is an abbreviation for Audio Return Channel. To use this feature the HDMI cable you are using must be compliant to HDMI v1.3 spec or later. Older cables may not work correctly.
VIERA Link can work with either the HDMI- ARC feature of a compatible TV.
For ARC usage make sure that the systems HDMI ARC port is connected to the TVs ARC port.
1. Press [HOME].
2. Select "Others" icon and press [OK].
3. Select "Setup" and press [OK].
4. Select "Audio" and press [OK].
5. Select "TV Audio Input" and press [OK]. Then select the "ARC" option.
Afterwards the TV's ARC feature will control the home theater system and the sound from the TV will be heard through the systems speakers.