Full HD 3D Blu-ray Disc™ Home Theater System
3D Blu-ray DVD Playback
Wireless LAN Adaptor Included
Pure Direct Sound Speaker
- Replacement Accessories
Home Theater System Remote Controls
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 1.33
Blu-ray Disc™ playability and other improvements
Blu-ray Disc™ playability
VIERA CAST -ray Disc™ playability
- Release Date: 7-31-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- DVD-ROM DVD Video
- CD CD-DA
FULL HD 3D BD
BD-RE / BD-RE DL
- BD-R/ BD-R DL Version2
- DVD-RAM DVD-VR/ JPEG/ AVCHD
DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-R DLDVD Video
JPEG/MP3 (DVD-R/ -R DL only)
- SD Memory Card (SDHC/SDXC) AVCHD/ JPEG / MPEG2
- Television Signal System NTSC
- Output Channel 5.1ch
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (RMS)
Total Power: 1000W
Front: 125W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Center: 250W (1kHz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
Surround: 125W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Subwoofer: 250W (100Hz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (FTC)
Total Power: 446W
Front: 60W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
Center: 106W (120Hz-20kHz, 6ohms, 1% THD)
Surround: 60W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
Subwoofer: 100W (45Hz-120Hz, 6ohms, 1% THD)
- Selectable Speaker Layout Yes
- EQ (Flat/Heavy/Clear/Soft) Yes (4 preset)
- Subwoofer Level Yes
- Center Focus Yes
- Whisper-mode Surround Yes
- Dolby® Digital Decoder / Dolby® Pro Logic® II Yes
- Digital Synthesizer Tuner Yes
- Dolby® Digital Decoder Yes (Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Digital)
- DTS™ Decoder Yes (DTS™-HD Master Audio Essential, DTS™-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS™)
- Easy Setup Yes
- Digital Amplifier Yes
- High Clarity Sound Yes
96kHz Surround Re-MasterYes
- Station Presets 30-FM
- Cinema Surround Yes
- 7.1ch Virtual Sound Effect with 5.1ch Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- Video D/A Converter 148.5 MHz/12-bit
- PHL Reference Chorma Processor Plus Yes
- High Precision 4:4:4 Yes (Adaptive High Precision 4:4:4)
- 1080/24p Playback Yes
- Digital Noise Reduction Yes
- Picture Mode Yes
- Picture Adjustment Yes
- Zoom Function (JPEG) Yes
- x.v.color™ Yes
- Enhanced Full HD Up Sampling (New P4HD) Yes
- P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) Yes
Universal Dock for
iPod/ iPhonePlayback ( Music/Video/Photo) Yes
- iPod/ iPhone Full Title List on Screen Display for Music & Video Contents Yes
VIERA Link™Yes (HDAVI Control 5)
- Remote Control AV Remote Control
- Wireless LAN System Yes
- HDMI Out 1 (Support Features: 3D, ARC Content type)
- SD Memory Card Slot 1
- Video Out 1
BD-Live, VIERA CAST™ and Firmware Update)
- Wireless Terminal (for Wireless Rear Speakers) 1
- USB Slot (for Wi-Fi) 1
- Digital Input 1 (Optical)
- Front Configuration 2-way 3-speaker, Bass-reflex
Front Speaker Unit
Woofer: 1-3/8 x 4" Cone Type x2,
Tweeter: 1" Semi-dome Type
- Front Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 5.07
- Front Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 40-11/32 x 10-1/16 x 10-1/16
- Center Configuration 2-way 3-speaker, Bass-reflex
- Center Speaker Unit Woofer: 1-3/8 x 4" Cone Type x2, Tweeter: 1" Semi-dome Type
- Center Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 2.34
- Center Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 2-11/32 x 16-23/32 x 3
- Surround Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-reflex
- Surround Speaker Unit 2-1/2" Full Range, Cone Type
- Surround Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 0.88
- Surround Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 4-11/16" x 3-5/32" x 2-11/16"
- Subwoofer Configuration 1 way 1 speaker (Kelton Type)
- Subwoofer Speaker Unit Woofer: 6-1/2'' Cone Type, Passive Radiator: 10"
- Subwoofer Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 10.1
- Subwoofer Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 12-11/16 x 7-1/8 x 13-13/16
- Pure Direct Sound Speaker Yes (front, center)
- Advanced Bamboo Cone Yes (front, center)
- Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 7.71
- Dimensions (WxHxD) [Approx.] 2-7/16 x 16-15/16 x 11-5/16
- Audio Inputs 1 (AUX)
- Standby Power Consumption [Approx.] (Main Unit) 0.05W
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
Will a Blu-ray disc that is Region All Disc play in this product?
Yes, a Blu-Ray that is Region All Disc can play in this player.
Why won't a rented disc play in my player?
If you're having difficulty playing a disc that you have rented or borrowed, try a disc that you own to see if it plays. If it does play then there could be a problem with the borrowed or rented disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth to remove any debris or fingerprints.
Which video quality should I select in Vudu?
Vudu recommends that you have at least a speed of 9 Mbps to stream the 1080p resolution and a speed of 4.5Mbps to stream the 720p resolution. They do not have any specific speeds for 3D viewing.
You can do a speed test inside of the Vudu app that can tell you what quality should be chosen when playing back videos. The speed test can be accessed by going to Vudu Home, selecting:
"My Vudu" -> "Info and Settings" -> "Network Speed Test".
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
What type of audio does Netflix output through the Home Theater's speakers?
The Blu-ray Home Theater system will output either 2 channel (stereo) or 5.1 channel (surround sound), depending on the movie selected and its audio options. To check the movies' available audio options, select a movie, then select the Audio and Subtitles option, and lastly, choose your desired audio option.
What should I do if my Home Theater System will not turn on?
Try the following:
1. Press and hold the power button on the unit for a few seconds.
2. Ensure that the power cord is inserted properly into the back of the unit.
3. To verify that power is available, connect another device, such as a lamp, to the power source that the unit is connected.
4. If operation is not restored, please contact Panasonic for service assistance.
What should I do if my Home Theater freezes or locks-up?
1. Unplug all cables and USB devices from the home theater. 2. Unplug the power, wait about 30 seconds then reconnect.
What is the recommended gauge of wire for Panasonic speakers?
Panasonic packages AWG 18 speaker wire cables to use with all Home Theater Systems. Replacing or altering the original speaker cables could void the manufacturer's warranty.
What is the recommended connection for my Home Theater to connect to my TV?
Panasonic recommends that you use a HDMI cable from the HDMI output of your blu-ray disc player to a HDMI input on your TV. Then place your TV on the correct HDMI input using your TV remote control. Click here for Connection assistance Interactive.
What can I do when my remote control freezes or locks up?
When attempting to use the remote, make sure you look at the front of the Blu-ray Player to make sure it is not showing an error message. If it says "SET 1", "SET 2", or "SET3", the remote code has been changed and you will need to change it back. Press and hold the desired #1 ot #2 or #3 button on the remote to programm the remote.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
My unit has no power. What do I do?
If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
My Ipod is not being detected by my Home Audio System. What should I do?
Please make sure that your Ipod version is compatible with our product by checking the Ipod compatibility chart referenced on your user manual. Check if your Ipod is properly docked or connected to the product and verify if the Ipod is charging. If it is not charging, try another Ipod on the product. If two identical or different versions of Ipods are not detected by the product, it may a problem with the dock or connector and may require servicing of the product.
I would like to add a couple of outdoor speakers in my patio that are connected to this Home Theater System. Is this possible?
Using other speakers can damage the product and sound quality will be negatively affected. We recommend that you use the speakers that were supplied with the product.
I can still hear my TV speakers while connected to my Home Theater. Is there a way to turn them off?
Yes, check with your TV manufacturer's instruction manual to turn off or disable your TV speakers.
How often do I need to update the software on my Home Theater System?
Firmware updates are released to correct problems that some customer's may have. If your unit is not experiencing the noted issues, there is no need to install the update.
How do I use the ARC feature with myHome Theater system?
ARC is an abbreviation for Audio Return Channel. To use this feature the HDMI cable you are using must be compliant to HDMI v1.3 spec or later. Older cables may not work correctly.
VIERA Link can work with either the HDMI-ARC feature of a compatible TV.
For ARC usage make sure that the systems HDMI ARC port is connected to the TVs ARC port.
1. Press [HOME].
2. Select "Others" icon and press [OK].
3. Select "Setup" and press [OK].
4. Select "Audio" and press [OK].
5. Select "TV Audio Input" and press [OK]. Then select the "ARC" option.
Afterwards the TV's ARC feature will control the home theater system and the sound from the TV will be heard through the systems speakers.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How am I able to change the region code for my Blu-Ray player?
The model will playback DVDs from Region 1 and will also play Blu-ray discs from Region A. The region code is listed on the rear of the disc packaging. The player's region code is unable to be changed.
Do I need an HDMI 1.4 or higher cable in order for HDMI pass-through to work?
HDMI pass-through will work with a 1.3 or 1.4 HDMI cable.
Can I clean the blu-ray lens in my Blu-ray Player or Home Theater System?
The bluray lens has to be cleaned by a certified technician. It cannot be cleaned by any other means.
Am I able to playback a DVD from another Region other than Region 1?
No, on this device you are unable to playback a DVD from other Region.
Am I able to play a Blu-ray or DVD disc from another country?
No, the player will only play discs that are Region 1 or All.