SC-BTT370 Home Theater System with 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Full HD 3D Blu-ray Disc™ Player
- VIERA Cast featuring Netflix® & Skype™
- 2-Way Tabletop Speakers
- WI-FI Built In / Wireless Rear Ready
- Two HDMI Inputs (One HDMI Output)
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 1.59
Netflix update and Blu-ray playability
Stability and functionality of VIERA Connect Apps
Playability of Blu-ray Disc
Adds support for Viera Connect Service
Quality of Skype call and video mail
VIERA CAST update
Playability of AVCHD Disc
Wireless LAN Connectivity with WEP encryption
Viera Cast update to Skype Video mail function
Blu-ray Disc playability and other improvements
Viera Cast update to Skype service
VIERA Link HDAVI Control compatibility
- Release Date: 3-22-2014
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
FULL HD 3D
- DVD Playback DVD-Video
DVD Video Recording
MP3/JPEG/MPO (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL )
+R/+R(DL)/+RWPlayback Video, AVCHD
- Enhanced Full HD Up Sampling (New P4HD) Yes
- Digital Noise Reduction Yes
- Deep Color Yes
- Audio D/A Converter 192kHz/24bit
96kHz SurroundRe-Master Yes
- Digital Tube Sound Yes
- High Clarity Sound Yes
VIERA Link™ (HDAVI Control 5)Yes
- HDMI (Output) 1
- Video Out 1
- Adaptive Chroma Processing Yes
- 3D Effect Controller Yes
- 2D-3D Conversion Yes
- Wireless LAN System Built-in
- New Stylish GUI Yes
- BD-Live Yes
- LAN (Ethernet) Terminal Yes (for BD-Live, VIERA CAST™ and Firmware Update)
- Power Supply AC 120V, 60Hz
- Output Channel 5.1ch
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (RMS)
Total Power: 1000W
Front: 160W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Center: 160W (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Surround: 160W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Subwoofer: 200W (100Hz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (FTC)
Total Power: 430W
Front: 60W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
Center: 90W (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
Surround: 60W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
Subwoofer: 100W (45Hz-120Hz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
- SD Memory Card (SDHC/SDXC) JPEG / MPO / MPEG2 / AVCHD
- Cinema Surround Plus Yes
- Dolby® Digital Decoder / Dolby® Pro Logic® II Yes
- Digital Music Connection for iPod/iPhone Yes
- Clear Sound Digital Amplifier Yes
- 7.1ch Virtual Sound Effect with 5.1ch Yes
- Whisper-mode Surround Yes
- EQ (Flat/Heavy/Clear/Soft) Yes
- Center Focus Yes
- Subwoofer Level Yes
- H.Bass Yes
- Easy Setup Yes
- Selectable Speaker Layout Yes
- Universal Dock for iPod/iPhone Yes (Integrated)
- iPod / iPhone Playback (Music / Video / Photo) Yes
- iPod/ iPhone Full Title List on Screen Display for Music & Video Contents Yes
- Front Configuration 2 way 2 speaker, Bass-ref.
Front Speaker Unit
Woofer: 2-1/2" Cone Type
Tweeter: 1" Semi-dome Type
- Center Configuration 1 way 1 speaker, Bass-ref.
- Center Speaker Unit Full Range: 2-1/2 Cone Type
- Surround Configuration 1 way 1 speaker, Bass-ref.
- Surround Speaker Unit Full Range: 2-1/2 Cone Type
- Subwoofer Configuration 1 way 1 speaker (Down Firing)
- Subwoofer Speaker Unit Woofer: 6-1/2" Cone Type
- Normal Use Power Consumption [Approx.] (Main Unit) 85W
- Standby Power Consumption [Approx.] (Main Unit) 0.05W
- Digital Synthesizer Tuner Yes
- Station Presets 30-FM
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 16-15/16 x 1-1/2x 10-31/32"
- Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 6.0
- Front Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 15-29/32" x 5-5/16" x 5-5/16"
- Front Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 1.8
- Center Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 3-3/16" x 5-23/32" x 2-15/16"
- Center Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 1.1
- Surround Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 4-19/32" x 3-5/32" x 2-15/16"
- Surround Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 0.8
- Subwoofer Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 16-1/16" x 7-3/32" x 11-13/16"
- Subwoofer Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 9.5
- Dolby® Digital Decoder Yes (Dolby® Digital Plus/ Dolby® TrueHD)
- DTS™ Decoder Yes (DTSTM-HD Master Audio Essential/ DTSTM-HD High Resolution Audio)
- Anti-Distortion Speaker Yes (Front,Center)
- Wireless Rear Ready
- HDMI In (2)
- Optical In 1
- Analog Audio In RCA
- Television Signal System NTSC
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 18.56'' x 20'' x 15.38''
- BD-ROM FULL HD 3D
- UPC 885170029866
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: email@example.comPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.