Full HD 3D Blu-ray Disc™ Home Theater SC-BTT195
- 3D Surround Effect
- Viera Connect
- Smartphone Remote Control
- Replacement Accessories
- SD + Micro SD Cards
- Home Theater System Remote Controls
Firmware & Drivers
- Version: 1.61
VIERA Connect™ compatibility and other improvements To support Smartphone/Tablet remote application
VIERA Connect™ update Wireless LAN Connectivity
Stability and functionality of VIERA Connect™ Apps Playability of Blu-ray Disc™
Corrects Wireless LAN Connectivity
VIERA Connect™Update DLNA Compatibility
Playability of Blu-ray Disc™
- Release Date: 11-6-2013
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- 2012 Compatible HTS - How to Set Up ARC
- 2012 Compatible Home Theaters - How to Log In and Search on Netflix
- 2012 Blu-ray/Home Theater - How to Test the Skype Camera
- 2012 Blu-ray/Home Theater - How to Make a Video Call using Skype
- 2012 Compatible HTS - How to Connect to Your Wireless Network
- 2012 Compatible HTS - How to Set the TV Default Audio Source
- 2012 Compatible HTS - How to Connect a Cable Box or Satellite Receiver
- 2012 Compatible HTS - How to Obtain Different Surround Effects
- 2012 Blu-ray/Home Theater - How to Enable Netflix Subtitles
- 2012 How to Lock VIERA Connect Applications
- 2012 How to Adjust the VIERA Connect Screen Size
- Watch Video - Getting TV Sound from your Home Theater
- 2012 How to Register your Pandora Account
- 2012 How to Obtain Surround Sound from Netflix
- 2012 How to Output a Blu-ray Disc in 24p
- 2012 How to Change the Audio Output
- 2012 How to Reset the Player's Settings
- 2012 How to Change the Player's Remote Code
- 2012 How to Convert 2D Video to 3D
- 2012 How to Turn Off the VIERA Connect Beep
- 2012 How to Connect to Facebook
- 2012 How to Change the Players DNS Settings
- How to Playback Photos by Starting the Slideshow
- How to Set the Player's BD-Video Rating
- 2012 How to Install Free Applications from the VIERA Market
- Troubleshooting your Blu-ray Player connection with your Home Network
- SC-BTT190/195/196/490: How to Turn on Remote Device Operation
- SC-BTT190/195/196/490: How to Adjust the Audio Delay Feature
- How to Hide Apps on VIERA Connect
- 2012 How to Perform a Network Connection Test
- Troubleshooting the Network Connection BD
- How to get sound from your Home Theater System
- How to get TV sound from your Home Theater System
- Connecting your Blu-ray player/Home Theatre to the Built in Network
- Troubleshooting the Network Connection (Video)
- FULL HD 3D yes
- BD-Video yes
- BD-RE/ BD-RE DL (Ver.3)
- MPO yes
- BD-R/ BD-R DL (Ver.2)
- MKV yes
- DVD-Video yes
- DVD-R/ DVD-R DL/ DVD-RW
- DVD-Video yes*1
- DVD Video Recording yes*1
- AVCHD yes*1
- FLAC yes*1 (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
MP3yes*1*2 (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- MKV yes*1 (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
JPEGyes*1 (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- MPO yes*1 (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- +R/ +R DL/ +RW
- Video yes *1
- AVCHD yes *1
- CD, CD-R/ -RW
- CD-DA yes (-RW*3)
- FLAC yes (-RW*3)
- MKV yes (-RW*3)
- MPO yes (-RW*3)
- Output Channel 5.1ch
- Power Output [Home Theater Mode (RMS)]
- Total Power 1000W
- Front 160W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
- Center 160W (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
- Surround 160W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
- Subwoofer 200W (100Hz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
- Power Output [Home Theater Mode (FTC)]
- Total Power 430W
- Front 60W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
- Center 90W (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
- Surround 60W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
- Subwoofer 100W (45Hz-120Hz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
- Dolby® Digital yes
- Dolby® Digital Plus/ Dolby ® TrueHD yes
- Dolby® Pro Logic® II yes
- DTS™-HD Master Audio Essential/ DTS™-HD High Resolution Audio yes
SD Memory Card
- Slot yes
Compatible MediaSD/ SDHC/ SDXC
- MPO yes
- MPEG2/ AVCHD yes
- Slot yes (2)
- Front For Playback (or Communication Camera)
- Rear For Wireless LAN adaptor or Communication Camera
- USB Standard USB 2.0 High Speed
- FLAC yes
- MKV/ MP4 yes
- MPO yes
High Quality Picture
- Adaptive Chroma Processing yes
- 2D-3D Conversion yes (BD/ DVD/ CD/ SD Memory Card/ VOD/USB/NAS)
- 3D Effect Controller yes (BD/ DVD/ CD/ SD Memory Card/ VOD/USB/NAS)
- Full HD Up Sampling (New P4HD) yes
1080/24p Playbackyes *4
- 1080p Up-Conversion with HDMI yes
- Deep Color yes
- x.v.Color yes *5
High Quality Sound
- 3D Cinema Surround yes
- Anti-Jitter Digital Amplifier yes
- Clear Sound Digital Amplifier yes
- Digital Music Connection for iPod®/ iPhone® yes
- Down Firing Subwoofer -
- Anti-Distortion Structure Speaker -
- High Clarity Sound Plus yes
- Digital Tube Sound yes
- EQ/ Center Focus/ Subwoofer Level yes
96kHz Surround Re-Masteryes *6
- 7.1ch Virtual Surround Effect yes
Easy to Use
- Wireless Rear Speakers -
- Smartphone Remote Control yes *7
- Multi-User Mode/ Stylish GUI/ Wallpaper yes
- Selectable Speaker Layout yes
- ARC yes
- Easy Settings yes
VIERA Link™ (HDAVI Control 5)yes
- VIERA Connect™ yes *8
- Wireless LAN System Ready*12
- DLNA (DMP&DMR) Function yes
- Network Drive Access yes
- BD-Live™ yes *9
- iPod/ iPhone Connection yes (USB Connection)
- iPod / iPhone Playback (Music / Video / Photo) Music only
- Configuration 1 way 1 speaker, Bass-reflex
- Speaker Unit [Approx.] Full Range: 2-1/2" Cone Type
- Configuration 2 way 2 speaker, Bass-reflex
- Speaker Unit [Approx.] Full range: 2-1/2" Cone Type / Super Tweeter: Piezo Type
- Configuration 1 way 1 speaker, Bass-reflex
- Speaker Unit [Approx.] Full Range: 2-1/2" Cone Type
- Configuration 1 way 1 speaker, Bass-reflex
- Speaker Unit [Approx.] Woofer: 6-1/2" Cone Type
- HDMI Output yes
- Video Output -
- HDMI Input -
- Optical Input yes
- Music Port -
- Analog Audio Input
- RCA yes (AUX)
- LAN (Ethernet) Terminal yes (for BD-Live™*9, VIERA Connect™*8 and Firmware Update)
- Video System NTSC
Power SupplyAC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption
- Normal Use[Approx.] 83W
- Standby[Approx.] 0.05W
- Band/Station Presets 30-FM
- Main Unit
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 16-15/16 x 1-55/64 x 10-23/64 inch *13
- Weight [Approx.] 5.3 lbs.
- Front Speaker
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 11-1/2 x 46-21/32 x 11-1/2 inch
- Weight [Approx.] 5.3 lbs.
- Center Speaker
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 11-1/32 x 3-5/16 x 3-3/32 inch
- Weight [Approx.] 1.2 lbs.
- Surround Speaker
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 3-5/32 x 5-1/2 x 2-13/16 inch
- Weight [Approx.] 0.8 lbs.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 5-23/32 x 11-13/32 x 10-5/32 inch
- Weight [Approx.] 6.6 lbs.
- NOTE *1 Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices. / *2 For contents recorded disc media from CDs for your personal use. / *3 Playability may vary depending on the contents, discs and quality of the recording. / *4 For BD-ROM /BD-R and DVD-Video via HDMI. / *5 This function is effective only when reproducing AVCHD data recorded with x.v.Color technology. The function cannot be used with BD-ROM or DVD-ROM discs. HDMI connection is required. x.v.Color is a registered trademark. / *6 CD sampling is done at 88.2 kHz. MP3 data can be re-mastered only on CD. / *7 Requires the device with the App installed and the home theater to be connected to the same home network. / *8 Requires broadband Internet service. / *9 To enjoy content, you will need to insert an SD card or USB flash drive (1GB or more of free space/ sold separately). Requires broadband Internet service. / *10 To enjoy video/photo contents on iPod/iPhone, please connect your home theater sound system with composite video cable to your TV. / *11 With purchase of SH-FX71 / *12 With purchase of Wireless LAN Adaptor DY-WL5. / *13 Excluding the projecting parts. / *Specifications are subject to change without notice. Weight and dimensions are approximate.
What can I do when my remote control freezes or locks up?
When attempting to use the remote, make sure you look at the front of the Blu-ray Player to make sure it is not showing an error message. If it says "SET 1", "SET 2", or "SET3", the remote code has been changed and you will need to change it back. Press and hold the desired #1 ot #2 or #3 button on the remote to programm the remote.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
My unit has no power. What do I do?
If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
Is CinemaNow available on the 2012 home theater and Blu-ray products?
Yes it is, as well as Hulu Plus, Netflix Vudu, Viewster (Movies On Demand), BIGFlix VOD (Video On Demand) and USTREAM.Tv, are all available on our 2012 products.
I would like to add a couple of outdoor speakers in my patio that are connected to this Home Theater System. Is this possible?
Using other speakers can damage the product and sound quality will be negatively affected. We recommend that you use the speakers that were supplied with the product.
I can still hear my TV speakers while connected to my Home Theater. Is there a way to turn them off?
Yes, check with your TV manufacturer's instruction manual to turn off or disable your TV speakers.
How often do I need to update the software on my Home Theater System?
Firmware updates are released to correct problems that some customer's may have. If your unit is not experiencing the noted issues, there is no need to install the update.
How do my reset SC-BTT Series Home Theater System?
While the unit is off, press and hold [VOLUME +], [OPEN/CLOSE] and [POWER] on the main unit at the same time for more than 5 seconds.
Models: SCBT228, SCBT230, SCBT235, SCBT730, SCBTT195, SCBTT268, SCBTT270, SCBTT273, SCBTT370, SCBTT770
How do I use the ARC feature with myHome Theater system?
ARC is an abbreviation for Audio Return Channel. To use this feature the HDMI cable you are using must be compliant to HDMI v1.3 spec or later. Older cables may not work correctly.
VIERA Link can work with either the HDMI-ARC feature of a compatible TV.
For ARC usage make sure that the systems HDMI ARC port is connected to the TVs ARC port.
1. Press [HOME].
2. Select "Others" icon and press [OK].
3. Select "Setup" and press [OK].
4. Select "Audio" and press [OK].
5. Select "TV Audio Input" and press [OK]. Then select the "ARC" option.
Afterwards the TV's ARC feature will control the home theater system and the sound from the TV will be heard through the systems speakers.
How do I update my Home Theater's firmware / software?
Occasionally, Panasonic may release updated firmware for this unit that may add or improve the way a feature operates. These updates are available free of charge. This unit is capable of checking the firmware automatically when connected to the Internet via a broadband connection.
When a new firmware version is available, the following message is displayed. To update the firmware:
Press [HOME] -> "Others" -> "Setup" -> "System" -> "Firmware Update" -> "Update Now"
DO NOT DISCONNECT the unit from the AC power or perform any operation while the update takes place.
After the firmware is installed, "FINISH" will be displayed on the unit's display and the unit will restart.
How do I turn the "Beeps" on or off in VIERA Connect?
The beeps in the VIERA Connect screen can be turned on/off under the "Settings" option in VIERA Connect. That is: Viera Connect -> Settings ->Navigation Beeps.
How do I turn on subtitles?
Subtitles may or may not be contained on your particular disc. Go to the top menu to locate the section of the disc to enable the subtitles if they are available. It may be found under "settings", "languages" or "audio settings".
How do I turn on closed captioning?
Closed captioning is only available with a composite video connection (not displayed through HDMI). It can be enabled through the TV's CC menu setting.
How do I simulate surround sound from the stereo audio source on the SC-BTT190/195/490/196?
You would be required to press the [SURROUND] button on the remote then press the [UP, DOWN] arrow to select "2 CH SOURCE" then press the [OK] button. You will then get 4 Surround Effects option to choose from which are: Multi Channel out, Super Surround, Dolby Pro Logic II Movie and Dolby Pro Logic II Music
How do I set the Media Renderer feature to stream media from a computer on the home network?
First, under Network Settings in the player, turn on "Network Drive Connection". Then navigate to Network from the "Home Screen". The option "Network Drive" will now appear. Select the media type to play.
How do I select the Optical cable input on the SC-BTT190/195/490/SC-XH170?
You can access the Optical input on the home theater system by pressing the [EXT-IN] several times until "D-IN" is selected.
How do I select different surround modes? (SC-BTT190/195/490 or SC-XH170)
The system defaults to two channel sound when used. To make the surround speakers active press the [SURROUND] button until "MULTI-CH" or "MANUAL" is selected. If "MANUAL" is chosen press the [LEFT] or [RIGHT] navigational buttons to choose a specific surround mode.
Surround modes include Dolby Pro Logic II Movie, Dolby Pro Logic II Music, and Super Surround.
How do I reset theSC-BTT190/195/490 Home Theater System?
1 While the unit is off, press and hold [OK], [B] and [Y] on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds. "00 RET" will display on the unit.
2 Repeatedly press [>] (right) on the remote control or [POWER] on the unit until "08 FIN" is displayed on the unit's display.
3 Press and hold [OK] on the remote control or [OPEN/CLOSE] on the unit for at least 3 seconds.
How do I reset the SC-BTT190/195/490 home theater?
- While the unit is off, press and hold [OK], [B] and [Y] on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds. "00 RET" will display on the unit.
- Repeatedly press [>] (right) on the remote control or [POWER] on the unit until "08 FIN" is displayed on the unit's display.
- Press and hold [OK] on the remote control or [OPEN/CLOSE] on the unit for at least 3 seconds.
How do I control my iPod with the SC-BTT190/195/490?
You can control the iPod/iPhone with the following steps.
1. Connect your iPod or iPhone to front USB port with the Apple charging cord.
2. Then press the [HOME] button and select the "iPod" option and press the [OK] button.
3. Navigate the onscreen menu system to locate the album or song that you would like to play and press the [OK] button.
How do I connect the SC-BTT190/195/490 to my TV?
Panasonic recommends that you use an HDMI cable to connect the HDMI output of your Blu-ray disc player to the HDMI input on your TV. Then place your TV on the correct HDMI input using your TV remote control.
How do I connect SC-BTT190, or SC-BTT195 to my wireless network?
This Home Theater requires the usage of the DYWL5 wireless dongle to be connected to the home theater. Then press the [HOME] button. Then select "Others", then "Setup" and scroll to the "Network" option. Then press the [OK] button. Select the "Easy Network Settings and follow the onscreen prompts. For this setup, it is important to know the wireless network name (SSID) and encryption key (password).
How do I connect my Home Theater System to my computer and stream files from it?
-There are 2 options: DLNA and Media Renderer. DLNA allows the player to connect to a DLNA server hosted on your computer. Media Renderer allows the player to connect directly to your computer using the PC's IP address and shared folder name.
How do I connect my cable/satellite box to the SC-BTT190, BTT195, or BTT490?
Connect an Optical cable from the "Optical Out" port on the back of the cable/satellite box to the "Digital Audio In" port on the back of the Home Theater unit.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How can I get the best picture on the SC-BTT190, BTT195, BTT490?
-To ensure the best picture when using your Home Theater:
1. When connecting the player to your HD TV set, do not use a Composite (Yellow) cable. A composite (analog) cable provides standard-definition picture. Use HDMI cable only, which provides High Definition picture.
2. On your HD TV set, select the HDMI input as the source.
3. On your HD TV set, change the "Picture Mode" to "Cinema", "Movie" or "THX".
4. Verify the picture quality by playing a commercial Blu-ray disc from a major studio.
Note: When watching content from the Internet, picture quality will vary depending on your home network speed and the quality of the source content.
How can I connect SA-BTT190, SA-BTT195 or SA-BTT196 to my wireless network?
You need a Wireless LAN Adapter DY-WL5 (optional). Only DY-WL5 can be used with this unit.
How am I able to change the region code for my Blu-Ray player?
The model will playback DVDs from Region 1 and will also play Blu-ray discs from Region A. The region code is listed on the rear of the disc packaging. The player's region code is unable to be changed.
Does this model come with an web browser?
No, this model does not have a Web Browser.
Does my SC-BTT190, BTT195 have an HDMI pass-through feature?
Unfortunately it does not. HDMI pass-through works with units that have separate HDMI IN and HDMI AV/OUT ports. This unit only has a single HDMI AV/ARC Out port. The SC-BTT490 has this feature.
Does my model have built-in wireless capability?
No, this Home Theater requires optional wireless dongle Panasonic part number DY-WL5.
Does my Home Theater have built in wireless capability?
No, this Home Theater requires optional wireless dongle Panasonic part number DY-WL5.
Do I need an HDMI 1.4 or higher cable in order for HDMI pass-through to work?
HDMI pass-through will work with a 1.3 or 1.4 HDMI cable.
Can I turn off the Viera Connect beep sound? (SCBTT190,195,490)
Yes. A. Choose "Settings" on Home Screen. B. Choose "Navigation Beeps". Set "Navigation Beeps" to OFF.
Can I stream 3D movies through a VIERA Connect App?
Yes. Currently the Vudu Application allows you the ability to stream 3D content to your blu-ray player. Make sure that you have the blu-ray player connected to a 3D compatible TV.
Can I clean the blu-ray lens in my Blu-ray Player or Home Theater System?
The bluray lens has to be cleaned by a certified technician. It cannot be cleaned by any other means.
Can I adjust the speaker level for the SC-BTT190,BTT195, or BTT490?
Yes, during playback press the [CH SELECT] to activate the speaker setting mode,. Next press [CH SELECT] several times to select the respective speaker you would like to adjust. Finally press the [UP, DOWN] arrow to increase or decrease the speaker level for each speaker.
Can anyone watch 3D?
As a general recommendation children 6 and younger should not use 3D eyewear. When this product is being used by a child, the parent or guardian should check to ensure that the child is not becoming dizzy or nauseated.
Am I able to playback a DVD from another Region other than Region 1?
No, on this device you are unable to playback a DVD from other Region.
Am I able to play a Blu-ray or DVD disc from another country?
No, the player will only play discs that are Region 1 or All.
Will a Blu-ray disc that is Region All Disc play in this product?
Yes, a Blu-Ray that is Region All Disc can play in this player.
Why won't a rented disc play in my player?
If you're having difficulty playing a disc that you have rented or borrowed, try a disc that you own to see if it plays. If it does play then there could be a problem with the borrowed or rented disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth to remove any debris or fingerprints.
Why is my Home Theater unable to read or play the disc I inserted? (SC-BTT190/195/196/490)
Discs that cannot be played in this unit:
- Super Audio CD
- Photo CD
- Video CD and Super Video CD
- WMA discs
- All types of DivX discs
- PAL discs
- HD DVD
- BD-Video discs recorded at a rate of 50 fields/sec
- Discs from other countries (This unit can play disc labeled for region "A" for Blu-ray and "1" or "All" for DVD)
- Recordable discs (DVD-R/RW/R DL, +R/+RW/+R DL and CD-R/RW ) which were not finalized by the recorder.
Why is a "Wireless Adapter Not Connected" error message appearing on my unit?
Ensure that the required wireless LAN adapter (DY-WL5) is fully inserted into the USB port on the product. If the error message appears again, then disconnect and reconnect the adapter.
Models: SCBTT190, SCBTT195, SCBTT196, DMPBD77, DMPBD79, DMPBD81
Why is a "No Read" error message appearing on my product?
Ensure that the surface of the disc is not dirty, scratched or smudged, or try another disc and see what happens. If the product is unable to play all discs, then it will require servicing.
Why don't I hear sound coming from the right speaker of my center channel on the SC-BTT190/195/196?
The right speaker of the center channel is a "Super Tweeter" it along with the full range speaker produce a more natural sound even though you may not hear audio coming from the super tweeter. Super tweeters produce high frequencies which may not be heard at all times.
Why does my wireless connection drop?
To enjoy videos via Viera Connect, the Internet speed should be at 1.5 Mbps or higher. Check the speed of your internet connection with your internet service provider. With a computer, you can measure the available speed of your internet connection by visiting a speed test website.
Note: Freezing can be caused by interference from a microwave oven or other wireless devices such as a cordless phone.
If your Home Theater is too far from the router to ensure a consistent wireless connection, then consider a LAN (Ethernet wire) connection, instead of Wi-Fi.
Why does my SC-BTT195 shut off 30 minutes after being turned on?
Sleep mode is active. To turn it off, press the [Sleep] button on the device's remote until "OFF" is displayed on the device's LCD.
Why does a "Authentication Failed" message appear when I attempt to connect to my wireless network?
First, verify that the SSID of your home network was entered correctly. Next, ensure that your encryption key (wireless network access password) was entered correctly. Remember, your password is case sensitive!
Why does "this operation is not permitted" appear when I press a button while playing a movie?
You are on a portion of the disc that prevents the current function you are attempting to do. Please wait until scene change or stop the movie to attempt your function.
Why are there black bars on my screen when I use my SC-BTT190/195/196/490?
BLACK BARS ON TOP / BOTTOM:
Most movies are filmed in a format wider than your TV's 16:9 aspect ratio. Some discs adjust the picture to eliminate the borders while other discs keep the film's original format.
When the disc's content is in wide-screen format, then black bars are displayed at the top and bottom of the picture.
Changing the TV's FORMAT (or aspect) setting to a ZOOM mode may eliminate the bars. However, the zooming effect trims the sides of the pictures, so some content is cut off.
BLACK BARS ON LEFT / RIGHT:
Older content is filmed in 4:3 (old TV) format. When playing 4:3 content on your HD TV set, black bars are displayed on each side of the screen.
To eliminate the side bars, change your TV's FORMAT (aspect) settings. For example, Panasonic TV's have a format mode called "JUST" which is specially designed to stretch a 4:3 image to fill the screen.
Why am I unable to play some .mp4 videos from my laptop via DLNA?
For videos the following audio and video codec's must be adhered to for such content to play with DLNA and Media Renderer: [SD-Video Files (SD-Video Standard Ver.1.3)], [AVCHD Standard compatible files], [Motion JPEG files (taken with LUMIX)], [MP4 files (Video codec H.264 | Audio codec MP3/AC-3/LPCM)], [MKV files (Video codec H.264 | Audio codec MP3/AC-3/LPCM)], and [MPEG-2 PS files].
Why am I unable to hear sound when my TV is connected to my SC-BTT190/195/196/490 system via optical cable?
On the Home Theater's remote, press the [Radio/EXT-IN] button until [D-IN] is displayed.
Why am I unable to hear sound when my Home Theater is connected to my TV's (ARC) using a 1.4 HDMI cable?
Under your TV's Audio settings, check for: Advance audio ->HDMI # in. Make sure it is set to Digital and not "Component" or "Video". These settings will not give audio.
Why am I unable to connect my Blu-ray player to my laptop's DLNA server?
If the laptop is connected wirelessly and the Blu-ray player is connected wired or vice versa this would prevent the player from connecting to the DLNA server.
Which video quality should I select in Vudu?
Vudu recommends that you have at least a speed of 9 Mbps to stream the 1080p resolution and a speed of 4.5Mbps to stream the 720p resolution. They do not have any specific speeds for 3D viewing.
You can do a speed test inside of the Vudu app that can tell you what quality should be chosen when playing back videos. The speed test can be accessed by going to Vudu Home, selecting:
"My Vudu" -> "Info and Settings" -> "Network Speed Test".
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
Where can I find the 3D movies on Vudu?
Currently, you can find 3D content through Vudu via your Blu-ray player. Vudu's 3D content is located by accessing the Vudu App then selecting: "Collections option" -> "Showcases" -> "3D Showcase". Make sure you have the Home Theater connected to a 3D compatible TV.
Where can I find 3D movies on VIERA Connect?
Currently, you can find 3D content through Vudu via your Home Theater system.
Vudu's 3D content is located by accessing the Vudu App then selecting: "Collections option" -> "Showcases" -> "3D Showcase". Netflix and Amazon also have 3D content. Just search 3D.
Make sure you have the Home Theater connected to a 3D compatible TV.
When I power the product on I want it to automatically receive audio signal from my cable box. (SC-BTT190,195,196)
Connect the cable box audio cables directly to the Panasonic home theater. Use either a RCA or an optical cable to do so and ensure that your video cable is connected to the TV.
What version HDMI cable is needed to view 3D on my TV?
Any HDMI cable with the proper pin structure will carry 3D.
What type of audio does Netflix output through the Home Theater's speakers?
The Blu-ray Home Theater system will output either 2 channel (stereo) or 5.1 channel (surround sound), depending on the movie selected and its audio options. To check the movies' available audio options, select a movie, then select the Audio and Subtitles option, and lastly, choose your desired audio option.
What should I do if my Home Theater System will not turn on?
Try the following:
1. Press and hold the power button on the unit for a few seconds.
2. Ensure that the power cord is inserted properly into the back of the unit.
3. To verify that power is available, connect another device, such as a lamp, to the power source that the unit is connected.
4. If operation is not restored, please contact Panasonic for service assistance.
What should I do if my Home Theater freezes or locks-up?
1. Unplug all cables and USB devices from the home theater. 2. Unplug the power, wait about 30 seconds then reconnect.
What should I do if I am not getting any sound from the center speaker?
Check the speaker wire connection on the back of the unit. Unplug the speaker wire from the back of the unit, and then reinsert it into the center speaker slot on the back of the unit. Next, go to the unit's audio settings and perform a speaker test. If you are using a stereo channel source or the unit has no center channel encoded, turn on the "Super Surround" option.
What network features does my Home Theater have? (SC-BTT190/196/195/490)
The Home Theater allows you to access the VIERA Connect service through it's network interface. The player also allows the ability to view local compatible content through the DLNA feature.
What is the recommended connection for my Home Theater to connect to my TV?
Panasonic recommends that you use a HDMI cable from the HDMI output of your blu-ray disc player to a HDMI input on your TV. Then place your TV on the correct HDMI input using your TV remote control. Click here for Connection assistance Interactive.
What is Network Drive?
By using "Network Drive" Connection from your Blu-ray player you can playback Photos, Videos, and Music saved on your PC connected to your home network without installing any additional software on your PC.
What is a Media Renderer?
Media Renderer makes it possible to play back Videos and Photos on your TV when it's connected to our Blu-ray player over the network with Windows Media Player 12 (Windows 7 PC), an iPhone/iPod using supported third party Application or DLNA certified Smartphone or Tablets. In this case your PC or Smartphone works as a controller and/or server.
What information will I need in order to log onto my Network PC from my Blu-ray player or Blu-ray Home Theater system?
You need to know the computers IP address e.g. 192.168.0.1 and the name of the shared folder on the computer you wish to connect to. If the computer needs a password before you can use it, you will also need to know it.