Blu-ray Disc™ Home Theater System
- VIERA CAST™ (Wi-Fi Ready)
- True Cinema Surround
- Wireless Rear Speaker Ready
- PLAYABLE DISCS:
- DVD-ROM DVD Video
- CD CD-DA
BD-RE / BD-RE DL
BD-MV (BD-RE version3)
- BD-R/ BD-R DL BD-MV (BD-R version2)
- DVD-RAM DVD-VR/ JPEG/ AVCHD
DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-R DLDVD Video
JPEG/MP3 (DVD-R/ -R DL only)
- SD Memory Card (SDHC/SDXC) AVCHD/ JPEG / MPEG2
- Television Signal System NTSC
- RECEIVER SECTION:
- Output Channel 5.1ch
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (RMS)
Total Power: 1000W
Front: 125W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Center: 250W (1kHz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
Surround: 125W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Subwoofer: 250W (100Hz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (FTC)
Total Power: 446W
Front: 60W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
Center: 106W (120Hz-20kHz, 6ohms, 1% THD)
Surround: 60W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
Subwoofer: 100W (45Hz-120Hz, 6ohms, 1% THD)
- Selectable Speaker Layout Yes (5.1ch Surround or 5.1ch All Front Layout)
- EQ (Flat/Heavy/Clear/Soft) Yes (4 preset)
- Subwoofer Level Yes
- Center Focus Yes
- Whisper-mode Surround Yes
- Dolby® Digital Decoder / Dolby® Pro Logic® II Yes
- Digital Synthesizer Tuner Yes
- Dolby® Digital Decoder Yes (Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Digital)
- DTS™ Decoder Yes (DTS™-HD Master Audio Essential, DTS™-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS™)
- Audio D/A Converter 192kHz/24-bit
- Digital Amplifier Yes
- High Clarity Sound Yes
96kHz Surround Re-MasterYes
- Station Presets 30-FM
- Cinema Surround Yes
- 7.1ch Virtual Sound Effect with 5.1ch Yes
- Dynamic Range Compression Yes
- VIDEO SECTION
- Deep Color Yes
- Video D/A Converter 148.5 MHz/12-bit
- PHL Reference Chorma Processor Plus Yes
- High Precision 4:4:4 Yes
- 1080/24p Playback Yes
- Digital Noise Reduction Yes
- Picture Mode Yes
- Picture Adjustment Yes
- Zoom Function (JPEG) Yes
- x.v.color™ Yes
- P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) Yes
- UNIVERSAL DOCK:
Universal Dock for
iPod/ iPhonePlayback ( Music/Video/Photo) Yes
- iPod/ iPhone Full Title List on Screen Display for Music & Video Contents Yes
VIERA Link™Yes (HDAVI Control 5)
- Remote Control AV Remote Control
- Smart Setup Easy Setup
Wireless LAN System
- HDMI Out 1
- Video Out 1
- Audio Input 1 (AUX [Stereo Mini Jack, 3.5mm])
- Wireless Terminal 1
- Ethernet Terminal 1
- USB Slot (for Wi-Fi) 1
- Digital Input 2 (optical)
- SPEAKER SYSTEM:
- Front Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-reflex
- Front Speaker Unit 2-1/2" Full Range, Cone Type
- Front Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 0.88
- Front Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 4-11/16" x 3-5/32" x 2-11/16"
- Center Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-reflex
- Center Speaker Unit 2-1/2" Full Range, Cone Type
- Center Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 1.32
- Center Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 3-11/32" x 5-23/32" x 2-13/16"
- Surround Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-reflex
- Surround Speaker Unit 2-1/2" Full Range, Cone Type
- Surround Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 0.88
- Surround Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 4-11/16" x 3-5/32" x 2-11/16"
- Subwoofer Configuration 1 way 1 speaker, Bass-reflex
- Subwoofer Speaker Unit 6-1/2" Woofer (Cone Type)
- Subwoofer Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 6.17
- Subwoofer Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 11-13/32" x 5-23/32" x 10-5/32"
- Pure Direct Sound Speaker No
- Advanced Bamboo Cone Yes (center)
- Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 7.1
- Dimensions (WxHxD) [Approx.] 2-1/8" x 16-15/16" x 11-5/16"
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: 1.77
VIERA CAST update
Blu-ray Disc playability
BD player powers off for no apparent reason
brIP Man BD-Disc menu playability
VIERA CAST compatibility
Changed the screen message about Network.
Fixed the problem that some BD Discs can not be played when inserting SD Card.
The Perfect Gateway
*A problem still remains some contents of BD Live of "Inglourious Basterds" can not be played.
Fixed the problem that some titles of VIERA CAST Amazon service can not be played.
Gone with the Wind
Once Upon a Time in America (The data size of these titles is large)
Fixed the problem that the BD Disc can not be played by mode.
Julie & Julia
iPod interoperability improvement.
- Release Date: 9-29-2015
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
What do I do in the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
How do I connect a Panasonic home theater system to my TV?Panasonic recommends that you use an HDMI cable to connect the HDMI output of your Blu-ray disc player to the HDMI input on your TV. Then place your TV on the correct HDMI input using your TV remote control.
What should I do if I am not getting any sound from the center or the right speaker?Center Speaker
Check the speaker wire connection on the back of the unit. Unplug the speaker wire from the back of the unit, and then reinsert it into the center speaker slot on the back of the unit. Next, go to the unit's audio settings and perform a speaker test. If you are using a stereo channel source or the unit has no center channel encoded, turn on the "Super Surround" option.
The right speaker of the center channel is a "Super Tweeter" it along with the full range speaker produce a more natural sound even though you may not hear audio coming from the super tweeter. Super tweeters produce high frequencies which may not be heard at all times.
How do I use the ARC feature with my home theater system?ARC is an abbreviation for Audio Return Channel. To use this feature the HDMI cable you are using must be compliant to HDMI v1.3 spec or later. Older cables may not work correctly.
VIERA Link can work with either the HDMI- ARC feature of a compatible TV.
For ARC usage make sure that the systems HDMI ARC port is connected to the TVs ARC port.
1. Press [HOME].
2. Select "Others" icon and press [OK].
3. Select "Setup" and press [OK].
4. Select "Audio" and press [OK].
5. Select "TV Audio Input" and press [OK]. Then select the "ARC" option.
Afterwards the TV's ARC feature will control the home theater system and the sound from the TV will be heard through the systems speakers.