Blu-ray Disc™ Home Theater System
- True Cinema Surround: Deliver cinema quality sound to each seat in your home theater
- Advanced Bamboo Cone Speaker: Enjoy much more responsive sound
- Audio Return Channel HDMI 1.4: Eliminate an audio cable connection between the TV audio output and the main unit's audio input
- Replacement Accessories
- Home Theater System Remote Controls
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 1.76
Fixed the problem that some BD Discs can not be played when inserting SD People" "The Perfect Gateway""9""Inglourious Basterds""*A problem still remains" Some contents of BD Live of "Inglourious Basterds" can not be played
Fixed the problem that the BD Disc can not be played by mode. "Julie & Julia"
Fixed the problem that some titles of VIERA CAST Amazon service can not be played. "Gone with the Wind" "Once Upon a Time in America" (The data size of these titles is large)
Changed the screen message about Network.
iPod interoperability improvement.
VIERA CAST update
BD disc playability improvement
VIERA CAST compatibility
BD player powers off for no apparent reason
IP Man BD-Disc menu playability
Blu-ray Disc playability™
- Release Date: 4-20-2012
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- PLAYABLE DISCS:
- DVD-ROM DVD Video
- CD CD-DA
- BD-ROM No
BD-RE / BD-RE DL
BD-MV (BD-RE version3)
- BD-R/ BD-R DL BD-MV (BD-R version2)
- DVD-RAM DVD-VR/ JPEG/ AVCHD
DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-R DLDVD Video
JPEG/MP3 (DVD-R/ -R DL only)
- SD Memory Card (SDHC/SDXC) AVCHD/ JPEG / MPEG2
- Television Signal System NTSC
- RECEIVER SECTION:
- Output Channel 5.1ch
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (RMS)
Total Power: 1000W
Front: 125W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Center: 250W (1kHz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
Surround: 125W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Subwoofer: 250W (100Hz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
Output Power - Home Theater Mode (FTC)
Total Power: 446W Front: 60W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
Center: 106W (120Hz-20kHz, 6ohms, 1% THD)
Surround: 60W x 2 (120Hz-20kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)
Subwoofer: 100W (45Hz-120Hz, 6ohms, 1% THD)
- Selectable Speaker Layout Yes (5.1ch Surround or 5.1ch All Front Layout)
- EQ (Flat/Heavy/Clear/Soft) Yes (4 preset)
- Subwoofer Level Yes
- Center Focus Yes
- Whisper-mode Surround Yes
- Dolby® Digital Decoder / Dolby® Pro Logic® II Yes
- Digital Synthesizer Tuner Yes
- Dolby® Digital Decoder Yes (Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Digital)
- DTS™ Decoder Yes (DTS™-HD Master Audio Essential, DTS™-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS™)
- Audio D/A Converter 192kHz/24-bit
- Digital Amplifier Yes
- High Clarity Sound Yes
96kHz Surround Re-MasterYes
- Station Presets 30-FM
- Cinema Surround Yes
- 7.1ch Virtual Sound Effect with 5.1ch Yes
- Dynamic Range Compression Yes
- VIDEO SECTION
- Deep Color Yes
- Video D/A Converter 148.5 MHz/12-bit
- PHL Reference Chorma Processor Plus Yes
- High Precision 4:4:4 Yes
- 1080/24p Playback Yes
- Digital Noise Reduction Yes
- Picture Mode Yes
- Picture Adjustment Yes
- Zoom Function (JPEG) Yes
- x.v.color™ Yes
- P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) Yes
- UNIVERSAL DOCK: .
Universal Dock for
iPod®/ iPhoneIntegrated (ipod only)
iPod/ iPhonePlayback ( Music/Video/Photo) Yes (ipod only)
- iPod/ iPhone Full Title List on Screen Display for Music & Video Contents Yes (ipod only)
VIERA Link™Yes (HDAVI Control 5)
- Remote Control AV Remote Control
- Smart Setup Easy Setup
- Wireless LAN System No
- HDMI Out 1
- Video Out 1
- Audio Input 1 (AUX [Stereo Mini Jack, 3.5mm])
- Wireless Terminal No
- Ethernet Terminal No
- USB Slot (for Wi-Fi) No
- Digital Input 2 (optical)
- SPEAKER SYSTEM:
- Front Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-reflex
- Front Speaker Unit 2-1/2" Full Range, Cone Type
- Front Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 0.88
- Front Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 4-11/16" x 3-5/32" x 2-11/16"
- Center Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-reflex
- Center Speaker Unit 2-1/2" Full Range, Cone Type
- Center Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 1.32
- Center Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 3-11/32" x 5-23/32" x 2-13/16"
- Surround Configuration 1-way 1-speaker, Bass-reflex
- Surround Speaker Unit 2-1/2" Full Range, Cone Type
- Surround Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 0.88
- Surround Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 4-11/16" x 3-5/32" x 2-11/16"
- Subwoofer Configuration 1 way 1 speaker, Bass-reflex
- Subwoofer Speaker Unit 6-1/2" Woofer (Cone Type)
- Subwoofer Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 6.17
- Subwoofer Dimensions (H x W x D) [Approx.] 11-13/32" x 5-23/32" x 10-5/32"
- Wireless Rear No
- Pure Direct Sound Speaker No
- Advanced Bamboo Cone Yes (center)
- Weight (lb.) [Approx.] 7.1
- Dimensions (WxHxD) [Approx.] 2-1/8" x 16-15/16" x 11-5/16"
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
Will a Blu-ray disc that is Region All Disc play in this product?
Yes, a Blu-Ray that is Region All Disc can play in this player.
Why won't a rented disc play in my player?
If you're having difficulty playing a disc that you have rented or borrowed, try a disc that you own to see if it plays. If it does play then there could be a problem with the borrowed or rented disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth to remove any debris or fingerprints.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
What type of audio does Netflix output through the Home Theater's speakers?
The Blu-ray Home Theater system will output either 2 channel (stereo) or 5.1 channel (surround sound), depending on the movie selected and its audio options. To check the movies' available audio options, select a movie, then select the Audio and Subtitles option, and lastly, choose your desired audio option.
What should I do if my Home Theater System will not turn on?
Try the following:
1. Press and hold the power button on the unit for a few seconds.
2. Ensure that the power cord is inserted properly into the back of the unit.
3. To verify that power is available, connect another device, such as a lamp, to the power source that the unit is connected.
4. If operation is not restored, please contact Panasonic for service assistance.
What should I do if my Home Theater freezes or locks-up?
1. Unplug all cables and USB devices from the home theater. 2. Unplug the power, wait about 30 seconds then reconnect.
What is the recommended gauge of wire for Panasonic speakers?
Panasonic packages AWG 18 speaker wire cables to use with all Home Theater Systems. Replacing or altering the original speaker cables could void the manufacturer's warranty.
What can I do when my remote control freezes or locks up?
When attempting to use the remote, make sure you look at the front of the Blu-ray Player to make sure it is not showing an error message. If it says "SET 1", "SET 2", or "SET3", the remote code has been changed and you will need to change it back. Press and hold the desired #1 ot #2 or #3 button on the remote to programm the remote.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
My unit has no power. What do I do?
If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
I would like to add a couple of outdoor speakers in my patio that are connected to this Home Theater System. Is this possible?
Using other speakers can damage the product and sound quality will be negatively affected. We recommend that you use the speakers that were supplied with the product.
I can still hear my TV speakers while connected to my Home Theater. Is there a way to turn them off?
Yes, check with your TV manufacturer's instruction manual to turn off or disable your TV speakers.
How do my reset SC-BTT Series Home Theater System?
While the unit is off, press and hold [VOLUME +], [OPEN/CLOSE] and [POWER] on the main unit at the same time for more than 5 seconds.
Models: SCBT228, SCBT230, SCBT235, SCBT730, SCBTT195, SCBTT268, SCBTT270, SCBTT273, SCBTT370, SCBTT770
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
Does this model come with an web browser?
No, this model does not have a Web Browser.
Can I clean the blu-ray lens in my Blu-ray Player or Home Theater System?
The bluray lens has to be cleaned by a certified technician. It cannot be cleaned by any other means.
Am I able to playback a DVD from another Region other than Region 1?
No, on this device you are unable to playback a DVD from other Region.
Am I able to play a Blu-ray or DVD disc from another country?
No, the player will only play discs that are Region 1 or All.