Home Theater Receiver
Home Theater Receiver with Built-in Dolby Digital/DTS-ES Decoder, Black
Dolby Digital DecoderYes
- Dolby® Surround Pro Logic II
- Subwoofer Level Control Yes
- Large Speaker Terminals Yes (Speaker A only)
- Discrete Inputs Yes
Enhanced Class H+ with
MOS-FET Output Stage
- 2-Channel Down Mixing Yes
- User-Friendly HELP Function Yes
- SFC (Sound Field Control) 6 presets
- Digital Synthesizer Tuner Yes (Frequency Range - FM Tuner: 87.9-107.9MHz, AM Tuner: 530-1710kHz)
- Subwoofer Output Yes
- Remote Control Illuminated Universal Remote Control
Speaker Size Configurationlarge/small/none (except left/right channels)
- Tape Monitor Yes
- Speaker Selector A and/or B
- Output Power - Stereo Mode 100W per channel (40Hz-20kHz, 6 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Energy Star Qualified No
- Frequency Response PHONO: RIAA standard curve ±0.8dBCD, TAPE, DVD, TV, VCR: 10Hz-70kHz, ±3dB
S/N Ratio (IHF A)
PHONO: 70dB (80dB, IHF '66)
CD, TAPE, DVD, TV, VCR: 78dB
DVD 6-channel: 100dB (IHF A, rated power, S=2V),
85dB (94dB, IHF '66)
A or B: 4-8 ohms
A and B: 8 ohms
Center: 6-8 ohms
Surround: 6-8 ohms
- Component Video Inputs/Outputs 2 inputs, 1 output
- Output Power - Home Theater Mode 100W per channel (6 channels, 1kHz, 6 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- DVD-Audio Ready Yes
- Multi-Source Re-Master Processing No
- Gold-Plated Terminals No
- S-Video Inputs/Outputs 3 in, 1 out
- Video Inputs/Outputs 3 inputs, 2 outputs
- Digital Inputs/Outputs 4 in (3 optical, 1 coaxial), 1 out (optical)
- Audio Inputs/Outputs 5 in, 2 out
- HDMI Input/Output No
- Full-Digital Processing No
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 6 7/32'' x 16 15/16'' x 14 25/32''
- Weight 23.100 lbs
What do I do in the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
How do I connect a Panasonic home theater system to my TV?Panasonic recommends that you use an HDMI cable to connect the HDMI output of your Blu-ray disc player to the HDMI input on your TV. Then place your TV on the correct HDMI input using your TV remote control.
What should I do if I am not getting any sound from the center or the right speaker?Center Speaker
Check the speaker wire connection on the back of the unit. Unplug the speaker wire from the back of the unit, and then reinsert it into the center speaker slot on the back of the unit. Next, go to the unit's audio settings and perform a speaker test. If you are using a stereo channel source or the unit has no center channel encoded, turn on the "Super Surround" option.
The right speaker of the center channel is a "Super Tweeter" it along with the full range speaker produce a more natural sound even though you may not hear audio coming from the super tweeter. Super tweeters produce high frequencies which may not be heard at all times.
How do I use the ARC feature with my home theater system?ARC is an abbreviation for Audio Return Channel. To use this feature the HDMI cable you are using must be compliant to HDMI v1.3 spec or later. Older cables may not work correctly.
VIERA Link can work with either the HDMI- ARC feature of a compatible TV.
For ARC usage make sure that the systems HDMI ARC port is connected to the TVs ARC port.
1. Press [HOME].
2. Select "Others" icon and press [OK].
3. Select "Setup" and press [OK].
4. Select "Audio" and press [OK].
5. Select "TV Audio Input" and press [OK]. Then select the "ARC" option.
Afterwards the TV's ARC feature will control the home theater system and the sound from the TV will be heard through the systems speakers.