IC Recorder with Built-In Zoom Microphone and USB Terminal
Features IC Recorder with Built-In Zoom Microphone, USB Terminal for PC Link, Password-Protected Security Folders, Quick-Search Dial and 134 Hours Recording Time (SP Mode)
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 2.1
Enables compatibility of the Voice Editing software with the Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ Home Basic, Home Premium, and Business 32-bit editions for customers who purchased one f the above listed models and received Voice Editing 2.0 Premium Edition as an included accessory.
1. This software update is specifically for Windows Vista.
2. Proper installation and functioning is not guaranteed on Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98SE,or earlier versions of Windows.
- Release Date: 1-1-2000
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- External Mic Jack Yes
- Batteries Required Yes
- Speakers 20mm/8ohms
- Continuous Play Time 15h/12h
- Built-In Zoom Microphone Yes
- Security Folder Yes
- Intelligent Security Yes
- PC Link Finction/USB Terminal Yes
- Digital Transcriber Yes
- Speech to Text Yes
- Translation & Text to Speech Yes
- Long Recording Time SP Mode: 134 hrs
- Recording Files 99 Files Each in 5 Folders
- Digital VAS Function Yes
- Recording Modes HQ/FQ/SP
- Timer Recording Yes
- Speed Control 5 Steps
- Standard Accessories USB Cable, PC software "Voice Editing Ver 2.0 Premium Edition", Mini jack cable (M3 - M3)
- Recording Format TRC (Triple Rate CODER)
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 1-17/32" x 4-1/8" x 9/16"
- Recording Sound (Stereo/Monoaural) Monoaural
- Weight (with batteries) 2.17 oz
- Weight (without batteries) 1.37 oz
- Headphone/Earphone Jack Yes
- Output Power 300mW
- Battery Power AAA x 2
- Battery Life (Hour) Recording (Alkaline) 30h/21h
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 4.13'' x 1.53'' x 0.56''
- UPC 037988254804
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.