Additional Digital Cordless Handset
Additional Digital Cordless Handset for use with the KX-TG106 Series
- Color Metallic Gray
- Channels 60 Channels
- Multi Handset (Capability) 1 (up to 6)
- Handset Locator Yes
- Number of Phone Lines 1
- Power Outage Operation Yes
Call BlockYes (30-Station)
- Frequency 1.9 GHz
- System DECT 6.0
- Shipment Battery Rechargeable Ni-MH Batteries (AAA x 2)
- Battery Life (Talk) 12 hours
- Battery Life (Standby) 6 days
- Charge Time 7 hours
- LCD Backlit Color Amber
- LCD (Handset) 1.8-inch Full Dot Monochrome
- Backlit Keypad Yes
- Hold/Soft Key Yes
- Talk Volume 4-Step
- Speakerphone Volume 8-step
- Speakerphone Volume(Handset) 6-step
- Headset Jack Yes
- Ringer Volume Handset & Base: High/Mid/Low/Off
- Light-Up Indicator/Ringer Color (LED) Yes (Amber)
- Belt Clip Yes
- Redial Memory 10-history (Name and No.)
- Mute/Flash Buttons Yes
- Intercom (Handset to Handset/Handset to Base) Yes
- Conference Call Up to 3-way (L1-L2-Handset or Base, LINE-Handset-Base, Handset-Handset-Line)
- Any Key Answer/Talk Yes
- Barge In/Privacy Mode Yes
- Clock/Alarm Yes (Tone/Melody)
- Menu Operation Yes
- Wall Mountable Yes
- Dial Keypad Yes
- Silent Mode Yes
- Number of LCD Language Display 2-English/Spanish
- Caller ID Compatible Yes
Caller ID Memory50-Station
- Phonebook Memory (Name and Number) 50-Station (16 char / 32 digits)
- Voice Mail Yes*Requires registration in Phonebook function
- Answering Machine Yes
- Recording Time (ICM+OGM) About 18 min.
- Remote Operation/Turn On Yes (from outside line (DTMF))
- Base Dimensions H x W x D (in.) 2.7 x 8.4 x 6.9
- Handset Dimensions H x W x D (in) 6.2 x 1.9 x 1.4
- Charger Dimensions H x W x D (in.) 2 x 3 x 3.4
- Base Weight (lbs.) 1.5875 lbs.
- Handset Weight (lbs.) 0.46
- Charger Weight (lbs.) 0.21
- Choice Mail (Message Alert) Yes
- Digital Speakerphone Yes
- Weight 0.9 lbs
- UPC 037988481699
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.
For repairs and exchanges of all other products:
Ship your product to:
Panasonic Factory Service Center
4900 George McVay Drive
Suite B; Door-12
McAllen, TX 78503
Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted.
Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).
Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.
Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:
Please reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
How can I turn on the audible message alert to notify when I have a new message on the answering machine?
Some models have this feature to allow the base unit to beep to inform you of a new message arrival when new messages are recorded. The base unit beeps 2 times every minute until you listen to the messages, if the "Base unit beep" setting is turned on. The default setting is "Off".
To activate the feature follow these procedure:
- Press [MENU] [#]   
- Select the desired setting, "ON" or "OFF"
- Press SAVE then the OFF button
How do I adjust incoming ringer volume?
To adjust the ringer volume of the handset or Base unit. Press [+] or [-] on the base or [▲] or [▼] on the cordless handset repeatedly to select the desired volume while the unit is ringing for an incoming call.
How do I adjust the volume on my handset during a call?
To adjust the volume of the handset during a call, you can press [▲] or [▼] on the handset.
Can I change the channel of my phone?
The frequency is fixed and the channel cannot be changed, the telephone bandwidth is selected automatically.
Can I change the font size on the display of my phone?
No. The font size is fixed and there is no option to change it.
How do I adjust the brightness of the screen on my handset and/or base unit?
You can adjust the LCD contrast of the handset and/or base unit by following these procedure:
- Make sure that the handset is not in use
- Press [MENU] [#]   
- Press any of the number keys from  - 
There are 6 levels of selection
- Press the soft key [SAVE]
- Press [OFF]
How do I program or troubleshoot my telephone handset?
For proper procedures, please use you Base Unit model number as part of your search or filter as your handset is compatible to numerous models.
How do I reset the Telephone handset and/or base unit?
At the back of the handset, press the notch of the handset cover firmly, and slide it to open the battery compartment. Remove the batteries completely and install them back again. When installing the batteries, avoid touching the battery ends or the unit contacts. To reset the phone system, unplug the main base from the electrical outlet and remove the batteries for 5 seconds. Install the batteries and replug the base. Do not reset your phone unless necessary.
How much radiation does the phone output?
This product complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. RF transmission power is 115 mW (max.)
What kind of batteries can I use for my handset?
The handsets uses Ni-MH (nickel metal hydride) type rechargeable AAA batteries. To order replacement battery, please click here or contact 1-800-332-5368. The Panasonic rechargeable AAA batteries are recommended for best cordless handset performance. Never use Alkaline or any other types as these could damage your handset.
Note: Some handsets will display "Insert battery", "Use rechargeable battery", or "Don't use this battery" if the batteries needed to be replaced or the incorrect batteries have been used.
Why does the handset display "Please lift up and try again"?
You attempted to dial from the cordless handset while located in the charger. Lift the handset out of the charger and try again. If the same error message appears on the handset after lifting the handset from the cradle, reset the handset by removing the battery from the phone then re-install them again.