Cordless Phone with Smartphone Connect and Slim Base KX-PRW130W- 1 Handset
This item is currently not available.
- Use your smartphones as home phone handsets with Smartphone Connect
- Sync up to four smartphones and tablets via WiFi for landline calls
- Baby monitor alerts you automatically when infant is crying
- Get voicemail alerts at home, office or away with TAD
- Hear who's calling with advanced Talking Caller ID
- Replacement Accessories
- Color W[White]
- Frequency 1.9 GHz
- Frequency Range 1.92 GHz - 1.93 GHz
- Number of Channels 60 Channels
- System DECT6.0
- Number of Phone Lines 1
- Multiple Handsets Capability Up to 6 Handsets
- Multiple Base Units Capability -
- LCD Language English, Spanish
- Wi-Fi® Connection Y (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)
- Android™ OS Version -
- Power Saving
- Intelligent ECO Mode Y
- Smartphone Connect
- Smartphone Connect Y
- Multiple Smartphones Capability Up to 4 Smartphones
- Supported Devices iPhone, iPad, or iPad mini (iOS 5.0 or later) or An Android device (Android 4.0 or later)
- Wireless Network Standard IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Simplified Configuration WPS (PBC)
- Easy Wi-Fi Setup Button Y
- Wi-Fi Repeater Mode Y
- Phonebook Copy from Smartphone Y
- Ringtone Copy from Smartphone Y(30 items)
- Wallpaper Image Copy from Smartphone Y(2 items)
- Conference Call with Outside Landline and Smartphone Y
- Transfering Landline Call (between Smartphone and Handsets) Y
- Playing Aanswering System Messages Y
- Link-to-Cell -
- Mobile Registration Number -
- Simultaneous Communication -
- Ring as Cell Mode -
- Text Message Alert -
- Talking Text Sender Alert -
- Device Battery Charging -
- Smartphone Docking Station
- Smartphone Stand -
- Stereo Speaker -
- Compatible Devices of Battery Charging -
- Playing Music from a Bluetooth Device -
- Music Player Remote Control by DECT Handset -
- Key Detector Compatible Y
- Multiple Key Detector Capability Up to 4 Key Detector
- Range Extender Available Y
- Range Boost -
- Noise Reduction Y
- Customized Sound System (Equalizer) Treble/Bass
- Compatible with Hearing Aid T-Coil (TIA-1083 Compliant) -
- Power Back-Up Operation -
- Baby Monitor Y
- Smart Function Key -
- Any Key Answer Y
- Silent Mode Y
- Bypassing Silent Mode (Specified Phonebook Group) Y
- Voice Mail Y
- Voice Mail Alert (Light-Up Indicator on Handset) -
Conference Call with Outside Line
- Barge In (Call Share) Y
- Intercom (Handset to Base Unit) -
- Intercom (Handset to Handset) Y
- Intercom All -
- Clock Y
- Calendar/Scheduler Y
- Alarm (Wake-up / Memo alarm) Y/Y
- Advanced Alarm (A day of the week / Snooze) Y/Y
- Bluetooth® Headset Capability (HSP Support) -
- Bluetooth Audio Headphone/Speaker Capability (A2DP Support) -
- Google Play™ Support -
- Caller ID/Phonebook
- Caller ID Y
- Caller ID Memory 50 items
- Call Waiting Caller ID Y
- Category Ringer / Ringer ID Y
- Talking Caller ID (Handset) Y
- Talking Caller ID (Base Unit) Y
- Talking Caller ID Language English
- Call Block Y(100 numbers)
- Handset Phonebook Memory (Name/Number) -
Base Unit Phonebook Memory (Name/Number)
1 name + 1 phone number: 500 items
1 name + 2 phone numbers: 250 items
1 name + 3 phone numbers: 166 items
- Phonebook Copy from Cellular Phone via Bluetooth -
- Speed Dial (Handset) Y
- Speed Dial (Base Unit) -
- Chain Dial Y(Handset)
2.2 inch FullDot TFT Color
240x320 pixels (QVGA)
- LCD Backlight Color White
- Touchscreen -
- Front Camera -
- Rear Camera -
- LED Flash -
- GPS -
- SD Memory Card Slot -
- USB Jack -
- USB Version -
- Lighted Handset Keypad White
- Speakerphone (Volume Steps) Y(6-step)
- Ringer Pattern (Tone+Melody) 40(10+30)
- Ringer Volume Steps 6+OFF
- Receiver Volume Steps 4
- Redial Memory 5(Name & Number)
- Ringer Indicator (Color) -
- Charge Indication (Color) -
- Hold Y
- Music on Hold -
- Mute Y
- Flash Y
- Headset Jack -
- Reversible Handset Charging -
- Rubber Grip -
- Wall Mountable (Charger) -
- Base Unit
- Dial Keypad -
- Corded Handset (Power Outage Operation) -
- Speakerphone (Volume Steps) -
- Ringer Pattern (Tone+Melody) 1(1+0)
- Ringer Volume Steps 6+OFF
- Redial Memory -
- Locates Cell -
- Hold -
- Music on Hold -
- Mute -
- Flash -
- Handset Locator Y
- Headset Jack -
- Wall Mountable -
- Answering System
- Answering System Y
- Total Recording Time About 38 min
- 2-Line Answering System Operation -
- Optional greeting message for each line -
- Programmable greeting message by time setting -
- Fast-Forwarding and Rewinding Message Y
- Audible Message Alert Y(Base Unit)
- Message Alert (Light-Up Indicator on Handset) -
- New Message Notification by a Call Y
- Announcement Language of New Message Notification English, Spanish
- Visual Message List (Handset LCD) Y
- Recording Conversation -
- Speaker Volume Steps(Base Unit Speaker) 8+OFF
- Call Screening (Handset) Y
- Call screening (Base Unit) -
- Language of Pre-recorded Greeting Message English, Spanish
- Remote Operation from Handset Y
- Remote Operation from Outside (DTMF) Y
- Toll Saver (New Messages Recorded / No New Message) 2/5
- Key Detector Included (Quantity) -
- Range Extender Included -
- Belt Clip Included -
- Optional Handset
- Optional Handset Y(KX-PRWA13)
- Rechargeable Battery Ni-MH(AAA x 2)
- Talk Time Up to 11 hours
- Standby Time Up to 168 hours (7 days)
- Charge Time About 7 hours
- Power Consumption
- Base Unit Standby Power Consumption 2.0 W
- Charger Standby Power Consumption 0.3 W
Base Unit Dimensions
(W x D x H) Approx. 165 mm x 79 mm x 49 mm
(W x D x H) Approx. 47 mm x 26 mm x 145 mm
(W x D x H) Approx. 78 mm x 52 mm x 80 mm
Key Detector Dimensions
(W x D x H) -
(W x D x H) -
- Base Unit Weight Approx. 170 g
- Handset Weight with Battery Approx. 110 g
- Charger Weight Approx. 70 g
- Key Detector Weight -
- Range Extender Weight -
- UPC 885170170957
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.
For repairs and exchanges of all other products:
Ship your product to:
Panasonic Factory Service Center
4900 George McVay Drive
Suite B; Door-12
McAllen, TX 78503
Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted.
Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).
Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.
Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:
Please reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
How do I check my voicemail using the handset?
To retrieve your voicemail message(s) from your Telephone Provider, you will need to enter in the voicemail access number. To store your voicemail access number on the handset, follow the below: Press [MENU] [#]    Enter in the voicemail access number Press [SAVE] [VM] will appear on the display once you have stored the voicemail number. Note: Please contact your Telephone Provider if you do not know the Voicemail access number, PIN and/or password.
How do I clear 'New Voicemail' on my handset's display?
Your telephone is alerting you that you have a new voice message from your phone company's assigned Voice mailbox. Procedure to access your voice mailbox would vary depending on the instructions of your phone company / service provider. Once you listen to your new messages, "New Voicemail" should be cleared from the handset.
Note: If the handset still indicates there are new messages even after you have listened to all new messages, turn it off by pressing and holding [#] until the handset beeps.
Can I block calls using my phone?
Some models will allow you to block calls. Caller ID service is required to identify phone numbers to match what you have stored on the call block list. Some units are capable of blocking up to 250 phone numbers, if you have more than 250 numbers to block then subscribing to a call block service from you phone company is an option. Please refer to the operating manual for additional information.
How do I unblock a number from my phone?
To unblock a number do the following procedure:
- On the handset press [MENU] [#]   
- Press the [▲] or the [▼] to select your desired entry
- Press the softkey [ERASE]
- Press [SELECT] on "Yes"
- Press [OFF] to exit the setting.
Can I access my answering machine while I am away from home?
Yes. You can access the answering machine remotely by dialing your phone number on any touch tone phone to call it and as soon as you hear your greeting message play, enter your mailbox password or remote code and follow the voice prompt, as soon as you are done listening to your messages you can hang up.
How do I change my remote access code for my answering machine?
A remote access code must be entered to operating the answering system remotely. This code prevents unauthorized parties from listening to your messages when your away from home. To change your remote code, perform one of the following procedures below using your cordless handset:
- Press [MENU] [#]    on the handset
- Key in your preferred 3 digit code
- Press [OK] or [SAVE]
* * * OR * * *
- Press [MENU] and scroll down by pressing [▲] or [▼] until "Answering Device" is displayed, then press [OK]
- Press your [▲] or [▼] repeatedly until "Setting" is displayed, then press [OK]
- Press your [▲] or [▼] until "Remote Code" is displayed, then press [OK]
- Key in your preferred 3 digit code
- Press [OK] or [SAVE] to save the change then press [OFF]
Does my phone have Bluetooth capability?
Yes, some models supports Bluetooth connectivity. Your cell phone must be Bluetooth capable. After you pair the cell phone to the telephone, you will be able to do one or more of the following:
Use any of the handset to make or answer calls
Copy the phonebook items from your cell phone to the telephone
Register a Bluetooth headset for hands-free conversation
Cell Phone Compatibility Chart
How do I copy the contacts on my cell phone to my Panasonic phone?
Please note the following before you start copying your cell phone contacts to your Panasonic phone:
- If a copied entry has 2 or more phone numbers, each phone number (6 max.) is stored as a separate entry with the same name.
- Your cell phone's Bluetooth is turned on If a phonebook entry includes additional data such as a picture, that entry may fail to copy to the base unit.
- If you receive a call while copying phonebook entries, the copying procedure stops. Try again after finishing the call.
- Check your cell phone's compatibility by clicking here.
- On the handset press [MENU] [#]   .
- Press [SELECT] on your desired cellular phone. If the cell phone is registered press [SELECT] on "Other Cell".
- Once "Transfer Phonebook" from cell appears on the cordless handset, start pairing your cell phone to the KXTGxx device and follow your Cellular phone's instructions.
- For other cellular phones (not registered), you need to search for and select the base unit. The base unit PIN (default: "0000") may be required. The entries being copied are displayed on the handset.
Why can't I access my Phonebook through the Smartphone Connect App on my iPhone?
You will need to update your Smartphone Connect App to version 2.5 or higher which should be available through the Apple App Store on your iPhone.
Why can't I hear the dial tone?
Make sure that the base unit has power. Check if all cords are secure and plugged in properly from the wall and from the back of the base unit. Try to plug the unit to a known working jack then test again. If you have a different phone on the same line, and you are also not getting a dial tone, it is possibly a line problem. If that is the case, it is advised to contact your local phone company for further assistance.
Why does the handset display "Check Tel Line", "Check tel line 1", or "Check tel line 2"?
Check the connections by making sure the supplied phone line is securely plugged into the back of the phone and wall jack. You can also try to plug the phone into a different phone jack inside the house or at a friends house to test that you are not having a line problem.
Why does the phone display "Line in Use" or "Busy"?
Someone might be using the line. If you have multiple handsets, please check to see if the other handsets were properly hung up or in the charger. If you have already done this, and the error "Line in use" is still appearing on the phone, check any other phones are getting a dial tone.
If the problem persists, follow these procedure:
- Unplug your Panasonic phone both from the phone jack.
- Try relocating the telephone on a different phone jack inside the house.
- Try using a different line cord if you have any other available.
- Try using the phone at a friend or neighbors house.
How can I re-register my handset or register additional handsets?
To register a handset, perform the following steps:
- Press [MENU] [#]    on the Handset
- Press and hold down the [LOCATOR] button on the base for about 5 seconds until you hear the registration tone
If all registered handsets starts ringing, press [LOCATOR] again to stop, then repeat this step, procedure needs to be completed within 90 seconds
- Press [OK] on the handset
How do I deregister a handset which is no longer in use?
To deregister a handset, you will need to follow the below steps: Press [MENU] [#]   
To deregister a handset, you will need to follow the below steps:
- Press [MENU] [#]   
- Press [▲]/[▼] to select the handset
- Press [SELECT]
- Press [▲]/[▼] to select "YES"
- Press [SELECT] to deregister the handset
How do I change the ringer tone of my handset?
To change the ringer tone of the handset. Press [MENU] on the handset then press [OK] to Select "INITIAL SETTING". Press [OK] again for "RINGER SETTING". Press [▲] or [▼] repeatedly to get to "RINGER TONE" then press [OK] you can choose from the selection on the phone by pressing [▲] or [▼] Press [OK] to select your desired ringer tone.
Can I change the channel of my phone?
The frequency is fixed and the channel cannot be changed, the telephone bandwidth is selected automatically.
Can I change the language display on my cordless phone from English to Spanish?
Yes, you may change the language from English (default) to Spanish.
Depending on the model, you will need to follow the below options:
- Press [MENU] [#]   
- on the handset
- Press your [▲] or your [▼] to select your desired setting
- Press [SAVE] then OFF
- On the handset press [MENU]
- Press the [▲] or [▼] to scroll to "INITIAL SETTINGS" then press [OK]
- Press again the [▲] or the [▼] to scroll to "DISPLAY SETTINGS" then press [OK]
- Scroll again by pressing the [▲] or [▼] repeatedly to get "CHANGE LANGUAGE" then press [OK]
- Select setting by pressing the [▲] or [▼] then press [OK] then [OFF]
For further assistance, please refer to the Operating Manual.
Do I need to have this phone plugged in to a phone jack?
No. This telephone system can work without having it plugged on a land line or a conventional phone jack, just use your cell line subscription for calls. If you do not connect the telephone line cord and use only cell lines, set the cell line only mode to use this unit more conveniently. To activate cell only mode, follow these steps. On the handset press [MENU] [#]    When "ON" is highlighted, press [SELECT] Once you set this mode to "ON" you may now use the [TALK] button to make calls instead of [CELL]
How can I conference call using multiple handsets?
To listen in on a conversation, just pick up another handset and press talk. Note "Call Sharing" mode must be turned on. Please refer to your Operating Manual for additional information.
How can I prevent others from listening to my call?
To prevent others from barging in, sharing a call or listening in to conversations when one of the handset is in use, you would need to turn on the Privacy feature. Depending on your model, please follow the below options:
Press [MENU] [#]    and select "ON" then press [SAVE] on the handset.
Press [MENU] and scroll with [▲]/[▼] to "Initial Setting" and press [OK]. Scroll to "Privacy Mode" and press [OK] Select "ON" and press [SAVE].
Note: This will only apply to the handsets registered to this Panasonic Telephone System.
How do I adjust the brightness of the screen on my handset and/or base unit?
You can adjust the LCD contrast of the handset and/or base unit by following these procedure:
- Make sure that the handset is not in use
- Press [MENU] [#]   
- Press any of the number keys from  - 
There are 6 levels of selection
- Press the soft key [SAVE]
- Press [OFF]
How do I chain dial from this phone?
To auto dial a number:
- Press the Phonebook icon or [Ph. Book] button on the handset or base
- Select your desired entry from the phonebook
- Press [OK] or [CALL]
How do I connect to a Wi-Fi Network with a Smartphone Connect App?
To connect to a wireless network you will use one of the handsets supplied with your phone system to configure the base unit to connect to your wireless router. There are two ways to connect to a wireless router;
- Typical configuration (DHCP) - SSID and password
- Simplified configuration (WPS)
- Before beginning, make sure your base unit and your wireless router are turned on and functioning.
- Recommended wireless router standard: IEEE 802.11g or IEEE 802.11n
- Typical configuration (DHCP) - SSID and password
How much radiation does the phone output?
This product complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. RF transmission power is 115 mW (max.)
Messages are announced out loud, how do I turn off call screening?
To Turn off the Call Screen Feature, depending on your model you will need to follow the below steps:
- Press [GREETING CHECK] on the base
- Hold down the [▼] until the base beeps
- On the base or the handset, Press [MENU] [#]   
- Use your [▲] or your [▼] to select "Off"
- Press [SAVE]
What is "three way calling" and how do I perform this?
This service may be offered by phone companies which allows you to call a party and by pressing the [Flash] button and allows you to receive another dial tone to call another phone number. Pressing [Flash] again will join all three parties together.
What is the recommendation for the location of the telephone base unit?
To optimize the range and/or audio quality, please be aware that metal objects and electronic devices/appliances within proximity of the main base unit, may block the signal from reaching the handsets. Note: Panasonic Model# KX-TGA405 Range Extender may be used to increase the distance. Please refer to the Phone System Operating Manual for compatibility.
What should I do if my base unit does not have power and there are no lights lit?
If your base unit is not receiving power ensure you are using the correct AC adapter for the base unit. If the problem persists then you can try plugging it into a different power outlet to test. For units with multiple handsets, you can use the AC adapter from one of the smaller chargers and plug into the base to test. If you have followed the steps mentioned above and your base unit still does not have power, the telephone system may need service. Please refer to your operating instructions warranty page for details.
Why does the handset display "Charge for 7h" when I remove and reinsert the batteries?
This is normal. When the batteries are taken out, the handset loses track of how much the batteries are charged. You may use the phone normally, but the battery indication will not be accurate until charged for about 7 hours.
Why is there silence when answering the call when I use my cell phone?
This is related to the auto connect feature. Some models of cell phones automatically mute the phone itself and, while it is connected, only use the Bluetooth connection for sound. To stop this from happening during a call, you can press  or  on the base (whichever corresponds to the cell phone you're using) so that the LED light turns red. Alternatively, to disable the feature altogether, on the handset press [MENU] [#]   , and press [▲] or [▼] to raise or lower the time between auto connect attempts. "Off" corresponds to manual reconnect only. To manually reconnect a cell phone to the base, just press the button on the base that corresponds to the cell phone you're using  or .
Will I damage the batteries by keeping the phone on the charger?
No, it is safe to keep the handset on the charger whenever it is not in use. Use only the Nickel Metal Hydride rechargeable batteries. Never use Alkaline or any other types as these could damage your handset.
Will my two Panasonic Phone System be able to intercom each other?