Add-on Home Monitoring System Motion Sensor
- Wireless Motion Sensor for Panasonic Home Monitoring System
- Detects motion in interior rooms and spaces
- Receive text alerts on your smartphone/tablet
- Arm and disarm motion sensor via smartphone/tablet
- Select from high or low sensitivity options
- Easy DIY set-up, one-touch syncing with system
- Hub unit required KX-HNB600W
- Sensor Sensitivity Select Switch Yes (High/Low)
- Status Indication LED (red/green)
- Easy Setup One Push Pairing
- Power Source Alkaline Battery (AA x 2)
- Battery Life Approx. 1 year (when motion is detected 50 times a day and the surrounding temperature is approx. 25 °C (77 °F))
- Sensor Detection Method Pyroelectric infrared sensor (heat sensor)
- Detection range: Horizontal: approx. ±45°, Vertical: approx. ±10°, Distance: approx. 16.4 feet)
- (when the surrounding temperature is approx. 25 °C (77 °F))
- Wall Mountable Yes
- Operating Conditions 0 °C (32 °F) or greater than 40 °C (104 °F)
- Dimensions (W x H x D in) Rear Cover Attached: Approx. 2 7/8 x 1 5/8 x 2 27/32
- Wall Mounting Adaptor Attached: Approx. 2 7/8 x 2 13/32 x 2 27/32
- Weight (lb) Rear Cover Attached: Approx. 0.15
- Wall Mounting Adaptor Attached: Approx. 0.17
- UPC 885170197459
KX-HNS102W is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Glad we added this to the system! This motion sensor is a perfect item to accompany the cameras. One of these sensors can trigger any one or even all of the cameras to record. We’ve set ours to have four cameras record. If something moves, we figure we may as well take a look at it from every angle we can. The sensor can also trigger the alarm to sound. In our experience, it doesn’t respond to automatically-timed lights coming on, whereas a camera’s motion sensor is more likely to do so. False alarms are thus pretty unlikely. Best of all the motion sensors run on alkaline AA batteries, so the sensors can be placed anywhere it is convenient, not necessarily near an AC outlet. They are easy to aim, since there is no wire pulling back from the wall for power. The motion sensor can be set to trigger an alert on a smart phone. Once we popped the batteries in, we had the sensor added to the hub unit in minutes. Thanks, Panasonic, for keeping it simple! We could not be happier with this purchase.
Date published: 2015-11-25
- Connected Home Accessories
How can I update the software of the Hub?When software update is available you will automatically receive a software update notice to your mobile device. Once accepted the Hub will download the new software through your home Wi-Fi network and update itself. Software update of the Hub will take about 16 minutes to complete. During the update do not unplug the Hub or turn off your mobile device.
Why do I get the following error from my Home Monitoring System: Troubleshooting Connection Unsuccessful: Network Signal Error (Weak Signal using 3G, 4G, LTE or Wi-Fi)?This is caused by a weak signal with your mobile device.
1. Make sure you can connect to the internet using your mobile device.
2. Move to an area where there is a strong signal.
3. Try changing from mobile data (3G, 4G, LTE) to Wi-Fi.
4. For iOS user verify if the iPhone or iPad allows mobile data transmission for the app. To check this, Tap "Settings" of the device and tap "Cellular" & scroll down to "USE CELLULAR DATA FOR:" the "Home Network" app should have green toggle switched to On.
How do I reset the hub and re-start the initial setup?1) Disconnect the AC adaptor from the hub.
2) While pressing the Wi-Fi SETUP button on the rear of the hub and the CAMERA and OTHER DEVICE buttons on the side of the hub (total 3 buttons), connect the AC adaptor to the hub. Do not release the buttons yet.
3) Continue to hold the buttons down until the hub's LED indicator lights in yellow, then release the buttons.
4) Wait for the hub's LED indicator to light in green (about 2 minutes).
5) Press and hold the Wi-Fi SETUP button until the hub's LED indicator blinks in green.
6) Wait for the hub's LED indicator to light in red.
(The hub has been successfully reset.)
7) Disconnect the AC adaptor from the hub and then connect it again to restart the hub.
Can I access the system using a computer?No. The system can be accessed using the APP on your mobile devices.