DIY Wireless Home Baby Monitor Kit
- Includes Baby Monitor Camera and Hub Unit
- See, hear and talk to your child from your smartphone/tablet
- Play gentle lullabies to calm your child and help them sleep
- Record video to Micro SD card, play on your computer
- Ideal for monitoring babysitters, caregivers and pets
- One-touch syncing with your WiFi router and smartphone/table
- KX-HNB600 Hub Unit
- Frequency Range DECT: 1.92 GHz–1.93 GHz
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.412 GHz–2.462 GHz
- SD Card Slot for Recording Video Yes (microSD max 2 GB / microSDHC max 32 GB)
- Status Indication LED (red / yellow / green)
- Easy Setup One Push Pairing Button (Handset, Camera, Other Device)
- Wi-Fi setup button
- Expandability Digital cordless handset (KX-HNH100): Up to 6
- Camera (KX-HNC600/HNC200): Up to 4
- Sensor/Smart Plug (KX-HNS101/HNS102/HNA101): Up to 50
- Smartphone/tablet: Up to 8
- Phone Features Landline Telephone Function, Smartphone Connect, Answering System, Call Block
- Sensor Detect Notification (Window Sensor/Motion sensor/Motion sensor in Camera) Via Landline Call Via Home Network System Application Hub Buzzer
- Digital Cordless Handset (alert, announcement)
- Alert Tone Volume Steps 6setps + OFF
- Wall Mountable Yes
- Operating Conditions 0 °C (32 °F) or greater than 40 °C (104 °F)
- 20% – 80% relative air humidity (dry)
- Dimensions (W x H x D in) Approx. 5 1/8 x 5 1/8 x 1 21/32
- Weight (lb) Approx. 0.49 lb
- KX-HNC200 Indoor Camera
- Camera Angle Horizontal: approx. 70°, Vertical: approx. 50°
- Video Compression H.264
- Image Sensor 0.3 Megapixel CMOS
- Max Frame Rate (resolution) VGA up to 6 fps / QVGA up to 10 fps (H.264)
- Recording Time Up to 15 min
- Night Vision 20 ft (6 m)
- Sensor Sound / Temperature/ Visual
- (Visual Detection Range: Horizontal: approx. 70°, Vertical: approx. 50°)
- Waterproof No
- Speaker/Microphone Yes
- Status Indication LED (red / green / amber)
- Easy Setup One Push Pairing Button
- Wall Mountable Yes Adjustable mounting angles: Horizontal: ±90, vertical: facing forward - facing down approx. 60°
- (adjustable when mounting)
- Power Source AC (120V/60Hz)
- Operating Conditions 0 °C (32 °F) or greater than 40 °C (104 °F)
- Up to 90% Relative Air Humidity (non-condensing)
- Dimensions (W x H x D in) Approx. 2 15/16 x 2 15/16 x 4
- Weight (lb) Approx. 0.35
- UPC 885170197534
KX-HN6001W is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great for monitoring an apartment!! I live in an apartment and recently bought the Home Network System Baby Monitor (KX-HN6001) for the purpose of monitoring the apartment from work or any other area through my smart phone. The Home Network System HUB (KH-HNB600) was simple to set-up and connect to the wi-fi in my apartment and the Home Network app on my phone. I am not a technical inclined person and had no problem in following the simple instructions, which are short and to the point. The Home Network System Indoor Camera (KX-HNC200) is more than I expected. The colors I see through the Home Network app on my phone are bright and clear, providing of course that there is light in the area being monitored. I bought a microSD card to record images from the camera and this also provides me with a record with time log of what is being recorded. The fact that I can also hear what is going on inside and outside the apartment (I can hear from work the neighbor's dog barking and people talking outside on the sidewalk# gives me a high level of assurance. I also appreciate that the camera provides a constant monitoring of the temperature in the apartment and that I get notified through my phone whenever something triggers the sound or temperature sensors, whether a loud noise or the temperature in the apartment has exceeded the parameters I set-up. The Home Network app is excellent. It provides a great deal of flexibility and capabilities in managing the different devices that can be incorporated. The one thing that is missing at this time is a smoke/fire detector that can be added to the system. I hope that this is being considered by Panasonic. Overall, I am very pleased. I have always bought Panasonic products (tv, radio, etc.) for their quality and this system is certainly no exception.
Date published: 2015-12-03
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great Idea I just discovered this system when I was looking for a new baby monitor and decided to try it out. I am glad I did because it's about to save me $50/month on home security. I was immediately impressed with the way this system is setup. I'll assume you already know about this product and how it works. Since it's so easy to add cameras and sensors, I plan to buy a few door sensors, cameras, and a siren to have a custom home security system and save money. It will notify your cell phone wherever you're at if your system is triggered, just like ADT does, except the authorities won't automatically be called for you. You'd have to call them yourself after receiving the notification. No big deal in my opinion. The setup process is easy but can take a long time. The initial steps of getting started and connecting to your home network include a few minutes of just sitting there watching the light blink. It feels long, but it works and it's easy. ** BE SURE TO CONNECT TO A 2.4GHZ WIFI NETWORK - THIS DOES NOT SUPPORT 5GHZ ** The only negative aspect I can confidently gripe out is the camera quality. While it's good quality for a cheap camera, you'd think they'd offer different options. It's clear enough to see what's going in the big picture, but you can't make out details if you wanted to. So if you're looking for a system with high resolution video, this is not for you. My older Motorola MBP35 had better camera quality. Since you can run the app on an iPad, it kind of makes up for it since you can look at it on bigger screen at least. Also, we have 2 cameras and the thermometer readings are constantly different by about 5 degrees, even when we let them sit right next to each other for a few hours. I am not sure which reading to trust, or if either of them are accurate, and if that's fixable? Overall, a great system that is being updated pretty consistently. If you were on the fence about trying it out, and need it for either a baby monitor or even a basic home alarm with low-to-medium resolution cameras, go ahead and try it. You'll probably like it.
Date published: 2015-08-11
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Feature Packed Wireless Camera/Hub I purchased just the hub and the indoor camera, primarily to be able to check on our dog when left home alone. The unit is simple to setup and use. It has two weakness however. The quality of the picture is fair at best, especially when the room is brightly or dimly lit. The other weakness is that the cell phone app only allows one device to view the camera at a time. Further, the app is quirky when trying to swift from one cell phone to another.
Date published: 2015-04-09
How can I update the software of the Hub?When software update is available you will automatically receive a software update notice to your mobile device. Once accepted the Hub will download the new software through your home Wi-Fi network and update itself. Software update of the Hub will take about 16 minutes to complete. During the update do not unplug the Hub or turn off your mobile device.
Why do I get the following error from my Home Monitoring System: Troubleshooting Connection Unsuccessful: Network Signal Error (Weak Signal using 3G, 4G, LTE or Wi-Fi)?This is caused by a weak signal with your mobile device.
1. Make sure you can connect to the internet using your mobile device.
2. Move to an area where there is a strong signal.
3. Try changing from mobile data (3G, 4G, LTE) to Wi-Fi.
4. For iOS user verify if the iPhone or iPad allows mobile data transmission for the app. To check this, Tap "Settings" of the device and tap "Cellular" & scroll down to "USE CELLULAR DATA FOR:" the "Home Network" app should have green toggle switched to On.
How do I reset the hub and re-start the initial setup?1) Disconnect the AC adaptor from the hub.
2) While pressing the Wi-Fi SETUP button on the rear of the hub and the CAMERA and OTHER DEVICE buttons on the side of the hub (total 3 buttons), connect the AC adaptor to the hub. Do not release the buttons yet.
3) Continue to hold the buttons down until the hub's LED indicator lights in yellow, then release the buttons.
4) Wait for the hub's LED indicator to light in green (about 2 minutes).
5) Press and hold the Wi-Fi SETUP button until the hub's LED indicator blinks in green.
6) Wait for the hub's LED indicator to light in red.
(The hub has been successfully reset.)
7) Disconnect the AC adaptor from the hub and then connect it again to restart the hub.
Can I access the system using a computer?No. The system can be accessed using the APP on your mobile devices.