Multifunction Network Laser Fax Machine
33.6kbps Multifunction Laser Fax, w/ Built-in Ethernet
- Replacement Accessories
- Toner + Drum Units
- GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS .
- Print Method Laser
- Print Speed 14 PPM
- Paper Tray Capacity 250 sheets
- ADF Capacity 20 sheets
Interface(s)10/100 Base-TX Ethernet
Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Compatible Operating Systems Windows 98/Windows Me/Windows 2000/Windows XP/Windows Vista®/Windows 7
- Input Paper Capacity Input Paper Capacity
- 2-Line, 16-character LCD Display Yes
- Fax Modem Speed 33.6 Kbps Super G3 Fax
Transmission Speed4 seconds per page
- Data Compression System MH/MR/MMR
Fax memory capacity
Approx. 150 pages of memory transmission
Approx. 100 pages of memory reception
Out of Paper ReceptionYes
- ECM Yes
- Dual Access Yes
- Resolution Up to 203 x 392 dpi
- One-Touch Stations 20 x 3 station
- Speed Dial Stations 300 + 22 stations
Distinctive Ring DetectionYes
- Junk Fax Prohibitor Yes
- Delayed Transmission Yes
- Journal Report Yes
- Telephone Handset Yes (Corded)
- TEL/TAD/FAX Switching Yes
- Redial Yes
- SCAN FUNCTION .
- Scanner Type CIS
- Scanning Capability B/W Scanning
- Scan Resolution Up to 9,600 x 9,600 dpi (Interpolated)
- Scan Formats TIFF, JPEG, BMP, PDF
"Scan to" featureViewer/File/E-mail/OCR
- Direct Scan-to-Email Yes
- PRINTER FUNCTION .
- Print Emulation GDI - Host Based
- PC Print Yes
- Print Resolution 600 x 600 dpi
- Paper size LTR/LGL
- COPY FUNCTION .
- Memory Copy Speed 10 CPM
- Resolution (Copier) 600 x 600 dpi
- Multi-Copy up to 99
- Reduction Copy 25% to 400% (1% step)
- Enlargement Copy 25% to 400% (1% step)
- Collate/Sort/Copy Yes
- N in 1 Function Yes
- OTHER .
Standby: Approx. 7.5 W
Transmission: Approx. 18 W
Reception: Approx. 300 W
Copy: Approx. 310 W
Maximum: Approx. 950 W
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 14.57'' x 16.93'' x 18.9''
- Weight 20.72 lbs
Fax Advantage Program1-year Exchange Warranty
- UPC 885170018860
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.
For repairs and exchanges of all other products:
Ship your product to:
Panasonic Factory Service Center
4900 George McVay Drive
Suite B; Door-12
McAllen, TX 78503
Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted.
Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).
Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.
Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:
Please reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
What should I do if I cannot send a fax or have no dial tone?
- Check that power cord is plugged into a working outlet and that it is also secure on the back of the unit.
- Check if telephone line cord connections are secure from the wall jack and is also connected to the"EXT" jack on the product instead of the "LINE" jack.
- Try a different phone cord the problem may be with the phone cord.
- Unplug the fax machine and install a phone in its place. If the phone has a dial tone then it's a problem with the fax. If the phone doesn't have dial tone but is working on the other jack then there could be a problem with the jack where the fax is currently plugged in to.
- If you have connected the fax machine through a computer modem, connect the fax machine directly to a telephone line jack.
- If possible, move the unit to a different location.
How can I connect my fax to a home phone line with an answering machine?
To ensure both your answering machine and fax work hand in hand to receive messages and faxes, they must be connected to each other. The telephone line port from the answering machine that is normally plugged into the wall jack should be connected into the EXT port of the fax machine. Then set your answering machine to pick up on the 4th or lower ring count and the fax to 5 EXT TAM.
How do I change the language?
The default language is English:
- Press [Menu] [#]   
- Press  to select "English"
- Press  to select "Spanish"
- Press [Set] then press [Menu].
- Press [Menu] [#]   
How do I set it to receive faxes automatically?
To receive faxes automatically press the [AUTO ANSWER] button repeatedly to display [FAX ONLY MODE] .
What is the maximum number of recipients I can fax a document to?
You can send a fax to a maximum of 20 recipients once they have been programmed into the broadcast memory.
Why are there smudges or streaks on all the print outs made by the unit?
Streaks, smudges or markings on all print outs made by the unit means that the drum has reached its drum life. A drum can be used with 3 to 4 toner cartridge replacements. If you have used more than that number we suggest that you replace the drum to correct the issue.
Why is there no power to the fax machine?
Make sure that the power cord is connected. Also, try a different power outlet.