TA1 Series Ultra-Thin Pocket HD Camcorder
- iFrame and MP4 Recording: iFrame and MP4 recording modes allow quick and easy uploading and editing of your videos on Mac and PCs
- Skype Enabled: Make Skype video calls on your PC or Mac using the TA1 as your webcam and mic
- Ultra-thin Design: Record FULLHD video anytime anywhere
- Records Onto SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
- Recording Format JPEG
- Image Sensor (Total) 1/4.1" MOS
- Total Pixels 5.33 megapixels
- F Value F2.8
- 35mm Film Camera Equivalent 49mm (16:9), 59mm (4:3) [Motion Image]49mm (16:9), 39mm (4:3) [Still Image]
- Image Stabilizer Electronic Image Stabilizer (EIS)
- Still Picture Recording:4:3 0.3 megapixels (640 x 480) [4:3]
- Still Picture Recording:16:9 2.1 megapixels (1920x1080) [16:9] 8.0 megapixels (3264 x 2448), 1.9 megapixels (1600 x 1200)
- Shutter Speed: Motion Image Auto(1/30-1/4000)
- Shutter Speed: Still Image Auto(1/20-1/4000)
- Minimum Illumination 12 lx
- Standard Illumination 1400 lx
- Focus Auto
- White Balance Auto
- LCD Monitor 2.0" LCD ( 153,600 dots)
- Microphone 1ch, Monaural
- Speaker Dynamic type
- On-Screen Display Language English / French / Spanish
- LED Video Light Yes
- Media Remaining Indication Yes
- Signal System 1080/30p, 720/30p, 540/30p, 480/30p
- Recording Mode MP41920 x 1080 30p (12Mbps / VBR)1280 x 720 30p (9Mbps / VBR)640 x 480 30p (3Mbps / VBR)iFrame 960 x 540 30p (24Mbps / VBR)
- Playback Mode MP41920 x 1080 30p (12Mbps / VBR)1280 x 720 30p (9Mbps / VBR)640 x 480 30p (3Mbps / VBR)iFrame 960 x 540 30p (24Mbps / VBR)
- Image Sensor (Effective)-Motion Image 2.93 megapixels [16:9]2.19 megapixels [4:3]
- Image Sensor (Effective)-Still Image 2.93 megapixels [16:9]5.08 megapixels [4:3]
- Audio Compression AAC (Monaural)
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- AV Yes
- AV Cable Yes
- USB Cable Yes-USB extension cord
- Rechargeable Battery Pack min. 940 mAh / Normal
- Included Software HD Writer PE 1.0 (Built-in type)
- Power Supply Power Supply (Battery / USB) DC3.6V / 5.0V
- Power Consumption Max. 2.5W (Recording/Charging)
- Weight (w/o Battery) approx. .21 lb
- Dimension (W x H x D) 2.09" x 4.09" x 0.70"
- Compress (Recording Format) MP4, iFrameMPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC file format compliant (.MP4))
- Continuous Recording Time MP4 : 29 minutes 59 secondsiFrame : approx. 20 minutes
- UPC 885170023932
HM-TA1 is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great for the price I find that this camcorder works great for the price. A few notes though, after a week using this product the labels on the buttons are almost completely rubbed off so I have to guess what each button does now (except for the record button). The cover for the USB port doesn't pop open easily and is annoying. I took this to Mexico and found that it stops working properly at the temperatures you see in a beach environment but that is expected of any electronic device in high heat. One last note, it takes a long time to charge. Overall this is a cool camcorder. It has decent sound, great video, is easy to use and easy to interface to a computer.
Date published: 2011-05-03
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from easy to use Great little video camera. It is very easy to use as far as shooting and sharing online. I like that it uses sd cards because we already have a lot of them. The editing was a snap too. Only a couple of drawbacks so far. the wrist strap should have been attached lower so it is more comfortable while using it. And the video output cable is not HDMI it's just an A/V cable. I do like the camera overall.
Date published: 2011-01-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Sooo Good it's just awesome what panasonic has done it is so small and awesome love you i think ever one should have it.
Date published: 2010-08-01
Does software come with this camcorder?HD Writer VE 2.0 You can copy the motion/still picture data to the HDD of PCs or write to media such as Blu-ray discs, DVD discs or SD cards using HD Writer VE 2.0, which is the software installed in the supplied CD-ROM. Refer to the operating instructions of HD Writer VE 2.0 (PDF file) for details on how to use it.
Are there drivers available for Windows 7 or 8?No, there are no drivers for Windows 7 or Windows 8.
If I turn the camcorder upside down , I hear rattling noise is this normal?This rattling noise is the Optical image stabilization sensor which assists with reduces any handshake while recording. This is normal.
How do I clean my camcorder?Before cleaning, detach the battery or pull out the AC adaptor from the AC outlet, and then wipe the product with a dry soft cloth.