TM90K HD Camcorder with 26x Optical/40x Intelligent Zoom
- 28mm Wide-Angle Lens with 26x Optical and 40x Intelligent Zoom
- 1080/60 Progressive Recording
- 3D Lens Ready
- 16GB Built-in Memory
- Replacement Accessories
- Records Onto Built-in memory (16GB), SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
- Image Sensor (Total) 1/4.1" MOS
- Total Pixels 3.32 megapixels
- F Value F1.8(WIDE) / 3.5(TELE)
- Intelligent Zoom 40x
- Intelligent Zoom OFF 26x
Digital Zoom60x / 1500x (The maximum value of zoom magnification)
- Filter Diameter 41.5mm (When attached to a step-up ring)
35mm Film Camera Equivalent
28.0-729mm (16:9) [Motion Image]
31.7-730mm (3:2), 28.0-729mm (16:9), 34.2-729mm (4:3) [Still Image]
- Lens Type Panasonic
- Image Stabilizer HYBRID O.I.S. [Optical Image Stabilizer]
- Still Picture Recording:4:3 5.0 megapixels (2592 x 1944), 1.9 megapixels (1600 x 1200), .3 megapixels (640 x 480) [4:3]
- Still Picture Recording:3:2 4.8 megapixels (2688 x 1792), 1.9 megapixels (1680 x 1120) [3:2]
- Still Picture Recording:16:9 4.5 megapixels (2816 x 1584), 2.1 megapixels (1920 x 1080) [16:9]
Shutter Speed: Motion Image
[60i / 60p] Auto Slow Shutter ON : 1/30-1/8000
OFF : 1/60-1/8000
- Shutter Speed: Still Image 1/2-1/2000, video flash: 1/2-1/500
4.0 lx (1/30 Low Light scene mode)
1 lx (Color Night Rec)
- Standard Illumination 1400 lx
- Focus Auto/Manual
- White Balance Auto/Indoor1/Indoor2/Sunny/Cloudy/White Set
- Iris Auto/Manual
- Backlight Compensation Yes
- LCD Monitor 3.0" Wide LCD (230,400 dots)
- Simultaneous Recording 4.5 megapixels (2816 x 1584) , 2.1 megapixels (1920x1080) [16:9]
- Creating Still Picture from Motion Picture 2.1 M (1920 x 1080) [16:9]
- Microphone 2-ch Stereo, Zoom Microphone
- Speaker Dynamic type
- On-Screen Display Language English / French / Spanish
- LED Video Light Yes
- Flash Yes
- Media Remaining Indication Yes
- Signal System 1080 / 60p, 1080 / 60i, 540 / 30p
1080/60p (28Mbps/VBR), (1920x1080)
1080 / 60p (28Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080)
HA (17Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080)
HG (13Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080)
HX (9Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080)
HE (5Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080)
iFrame (28Mbps / VBR), (960 x 540)
- Image Sensor (Effective)-Motion Image 1.94 megapixels - 2.61 megapixels [16:9]
Image Sensor (Effective)-Still Image
2.09 megapixels- 2.52 megapixels [3:2]
1.94 megapixels - 2.61 megapixels [16:9]
2.18 megapixels - 2.24 megapixels [4:3]
Compression (Recording Format)
MPEG4-AVC/H.264 (AVCHD standard compliant)
iFrame : MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC file format compliant (.MP4))
- Audio Compression 1080 / 60p / HA / HG / HX / HE : Dolby Digital (5.1ch)iFrame : AAC (2ch)
- DPOF Max. 999 images
- HDMI Yes (mini)
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Microphone (stereo mini) Yes
- Accessory Shoe Yes (Cold)
- AC Adaptor Yes
- USB Cable Yes
- Stylus Pen Yes
- Rechargeable Battery Pack min. 1790 mAh / Lithium-Ion
- Included Software HD Writer AE 3.0
- Power Supply DC3.6V / 5.0V
- Power Consumption Max. 5.2W (Recording) / Max. 7.7W (Charging)
- AV Multi Yes
- AV Multi Cable Yes
- Weight (w/o Battery) approx. 245g ( 0.54lb)
- Dimension (W x H x D) 1.99 x 2.48 x 4.67 [inch]
- AC Cable Yes
- DC Cable included AC Adaptor
- Shoe adaptor Yes
- Weight (w/o Lens Cap) approx. 219g ( 0.48lb)
- Dimension (W x H x D) w/ Lens 3.07 x 2.32 x 4.37 [inch]
- F Value (with 3D Conversion Lens (VW-CLT1)) F3.3
- Focal Length (with 3D Conversion Lens (VW-CLT1)) 2.3mm
- 35mm Film camera Equivalent (with 3D Conversion Lens (VW-CLT1)) 58mm (16:9) [Motion Image]
- Minimum Illumination (with 3D Conversion Lens (VW-CLT1)) 28 lx (1/30)
- STANDARD ACCESSORIES (with 3D Conversion Lens (VW-CLT1)) Lens Front Cap, Lens Rear Cap, Lens Pouch
- UPC 885170040168
Owner's ManualsOwner's Manuals and Documentation
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
What should I do if my product needs service?
NOTE: This does not apply to TVs, Microwaves, Vacuums, and Massage Chairs
For repairs and exchanges:
Ship your product to:
Panasonic Factory Service Center
4900 George McVay Drive
Suite B; Door-12
McAllen, TX 78503
Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:
Toll Free: 1-866-907-9111
- The LCD screen on my camera is blank. What do I do?
- My lens cover won't open or close. What do I do?
My camera won't power on. What can I do?
Is this model camcorder compatible with Mac OS X?
Is there any way to place a protective film on the touch screen?
Yes, a protective film can be placed on the touch screen.
Is there any software for the Max that will work with the camcorder?
Yes, you would be able to use iMovie for videos and iPhotos for pictures.
Is there a camcorder that records video that does not split into multiple videos when the file size exceeds 4GB?
All of the Panasonic camcorders maximum file size is 4GB.
Is there a camcorder that is compatible with a 128GB SDXC SD Card?
There are no camcorders compatible with a 128GB SDXC SD Card.
Is the camcorder compatible with Mac OSX?
Note: Videos recorded in 1080/60p is incompatible with iMovie.
I saw a notice on Panasonic's web site that a firmware update was available for my camera. What is a "firmware update" and is it important that I install it?
I have used the wrong charger cable, now my camcorder doesn't turn on. How can I fix this?
You will be required to send it to our Service Center to have the camcorder repaired. Click the below link and submit a new repair request. http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/RequestCenter?storeId=15001&catalogId=11017
How do I fix my LCD screen when it is freely swinging in and out while in use?
How do I combine two scenes, because when I pause the video when recording it creates a different scene?
How do I clean my camcorder?
How can videos and pictures be transferred to my PC without using the supplied software?
Note: The files that are drag and drop cannot be edited, burn or playback using the supplied software.
It is recommended to use the supplied software to transfer the pictures and videos to the PC.
How can the error message "Check card" be resolved when inserting SD card.
Check if the SD works in the PC. If yes, format the SD card using the PC and reinsert the SD card.
If the issue persists try to use a different SD card. If the issue remains on all of the SD cards the camcorder needs servicing. Click the link below and submit a new repair request: http://shop.panasonic.com/ecom/onlineRepair/login
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
How can I maximize my SD Card?
How can I fix the camcorder when it beeps twice and powers off even when fully charged?
How can I fix LCD screen picture loss and vertical lines?
How can I fix a loose LCD screen?
How can I check the status of my camcorder repair?
How am I able to correct the error message that my laptop does not find the new equipment whenever I connect my Camcorder to the laptop?
Does the camcorder have an upgrade conversion kit or a trade in value?
There are no upgrades kits or trade in values for the camcorder. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Does software come with this camcorder?
Can this camera be connected to a PC?
Can the camera's menu be shown in any other language?
Can the camcorder record in 24P mode?
Can I view my pictures on my TV screen?
You can view pictures on a TV screen by connecting your camera to your TV with the AVcable.
Can I use this camcorder as a webcam?
No, you cannot use this unit as Webcam.
Can I transfer videos without connecting the camcorder to the PC?
Can I record in PAL?
No, NTSC only.
Can I leave the battery attached when I store the camera?
Can I increase the time that the camcorder pre-records up from 3 seconds?
No. currently the pre-record feature is set to 3 seconds before you press the [record] button.
Can I go back and time stamp my photos after I have copied them to my PC?
Can I get the time and date to show on my video when I import it to my computer?
Can additional languages be added to the camera?
The camera is unable to add additional languages.
Am I able to use the Panasonic software with a different brand camcorder?
Am I able to transfer videos to the computer using the USB cable?
Am I able to record with this camcorder for a continuous 3 hours? Also, am I able to record with a LCD screen closed using a smartphone or tablet to operate?
Why is my computer unable to detect the camcorder?
Why does the product not turn on after using the wrong charger?
Note: Panasonic is not responsible for 3rd party failure
Where can I order parts for my product?
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
What type of lenses do Panasonic camcorders use?
Panasonic camcorders use Leica lenses which are made out of high quality glass.
What size SD Card can I use in my Camera?
What size and type memory card can I use in my camcorder?
- In 2007, camcorders can use up to a maximum of 4GB SDHC Card.
- In 2008, camcorders can use up to a maximum of 8GB SDHC Card.
- In 2009, camcorders can use up to a maximum of 32GB SDHC Card.
- In 2010 to current, camcorders use up to a maximum of 64GB SDXC Card.
What should I do if my camera won't turn on?
What is O.I.S?
What is AVCHD?
- There are vertical/horizontal lines in my LCD screen. What do I do?