60GB 3CCD Hard Disk Drive/SD Hybrid Full-HD Camcorder
60GB 3CCD Hard Disk Drive/SD Hybrid Full-High Definition Camcorder with 1920x1080-Pixel Recording, Advanced Optical Image Stabilizer, Leica Lens, 10x Optical Zoom, Face Detection and 5.1 Surround Sound, Records to Internal Hard Drive and SD Memory Card
- MEDIA .
- Records Onto SD/SDHC Memory Card, Hard Disk Drive
- Recording Format AVCHD (Motion Image)
- Image Sensor (Total) 1/6" CCD (560K x 3 pixels)
- Image Sensor (Effective) 16:9 -- 520K x 3(Moving Picture/Still Picture)
- F Value F1.8 (Wide) / F2.8 (Tele)
Optical Zoom10x Variable Speed Zoom
Focal Length3.0 - 30 mm
- Filter Diameter 37mm
- 35mm Film Camera Equivalent 42.9 - 429 mm (16:9)(Moving Picture/Still Picture)
- Lens Type Leica Dicomar
- 3CCD Camera System Yes
- Image Stabilizer Yes (Advanced O.I.S.)
- Still Picture Recording yes (2.1 Megapixel 16:9)
- Minimum Illumination 5 Lux (1/30 Low Light Mode), 1 Lux (Magic Pix® Mode)
- Focus AF/Manual
- White Balance Auto/Indoor/Outdoor/White Set
- High Speed Shutter 60i: Auto Slow Shutter ON: 1/30-1/8000, OFF: 1/60-1/8000 (Motion Image)(Still Picture, Progressive: 1/30-)24p: Auto Slow Shutter ON: 1/24-1/8000, OFF: 1/48-1/8000 (Motion Image)(Still Picture, Progressive: 1/24-)
- Iris Auto/Manual
- Backlight Compensation Yes
- Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) No
- LCD Monitor 2.7" Wide (300,000 Dots)
- Wide Viewing Angle LCD 170° (Vertically & Horizontally)
Pure Color EngineHD Advanced
Easy-to-Use Mode DialYes
- MagicPix Images Yes
Simultaneous Motion Video & Still Picture RecordingYes
- Microphone Dolby Digital/5.1 ch, Zoom Microphone
- Date Recording Auto Date (in Date Code)
- Fade in/out Yes
- On-Screen Display Language English / Canadian French / Spanish
- LED Video Light No
- Flash 1m - 2.5m (approx.)
- Quick Start 0.6 seconds
Web Camera FunctionNo
- RECORDING & PLAYBACK
- Applicable Disc No
- Cue and Review No
- Skip No
- Video Recording Format AVCHD (Motion Image)
- Recording Mode HD: HA (17 Mbps/VBR), HG (13 Mbps/VBR), HX (9 Mbps/VBR), HE (6 Mbps/VBR)
- Playback Mode HD: HA (17 Mbps/VBR), HG (13 Mbps/VBR), HX (9 Mbps/VBR), HE (6 Mbps/VBR)
- Audio Recording Format Dolby Digital (Dolby AC3) / 5.1-channel
- Recording Time HDD: 60GB: HA (7hrs 40mins)/HG (10hrs 10mins)/HX (15hrs 20mins)/HE (23hrs)SDHC: 16GB: HA (2 hrs)/HG (2hrs 40mins)/HX (4hrs)/HE (6hrs), 8GB: HA (1hr)/HG (1hr 20mins)/HX (2hrs)/HE (3hrs), 4GB: HA (30mins)/HG (40mins)/HX (1hr)/HE (1hr 30mins)
- Still Picture JPEG Picture Size:2.1 MEGA: 1920 x 1080 (16:9)
- Still Picture Recording Number HDD: 60GB: High Picture Quality: 55470, Normal Picture Quality: 87170SDHC: 16GB: (13470, 21170), 8GB: (6690, 10520), 4GB: (3290, 5160)
- Counter Yes
- Remaining Indication Yes
- Pre-Rec Function Yes
- Intelligent Contrast Control Yes
- One-Touch Navigation Yes
- Help Mode Yes
- Tele Macro Yes (50cm)
- AGS (Auto Ground-Directional Standby) Yes
- Disc Copy Function Yes (when using a DVD Burner (VW-BN1), data from SD Memory Card can be copied to a 12-cm DVD Disc)
- SD CARD FEATURES .
- Built-in SD Slot Yes (SD/SDHC)
- DPOF Max. 999 images
- JACKS .
- S-Video In No
- S-Video Out No
- Mini DV In/Out (IEEE 1394) No
- Video Component Yes
- HDMI Yes (mini)
- USB Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0)(mini AB)
- Analog In/Out Out only
- Microphone (stereo mini) No
- Headphone (M3) No
- Accessory Shoe No
- AV Out
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES .
- AC Adaptor Yes
- Battery Pack Lithium-Ion
- Strap No
- Video Component Cable Yes
- AV Cable Yes
- USB Cable Yes
- IR Remote Yes
- SD Memory Card No
- Lens Cap No
- Software HD Writer 2.5E
- DVD Disc No
- DV Tape No
- Disc Cleaning Cloth No
- Other Cables AC/DC Cables
- Free DVD Burner No
- GENERAL .
- Power Supply DC 7.2/9.3 V
- Power Consumption 6.8W
Owner's ManualsOwner's Manuals and Documentation
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
What should I do if my product needs service?
NOTE: This does not apply to TVs, Microwaves, Vacuums, and Massage Chairs
For repairs and exchanges:
Ship your product to:
Panasonic Factory Service Center
4900 George McVay Drive
Suite B; Door-12
McAllen, TX 78503
Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:
Toll Free: 1-866-907-9111
What is O.I.S?
What is AVCHD?
- There are vertical/horizontal lines in my LCD screen. What do I do?
- The LCD screen on my camera is blank. What do I do?
- My lens cover won't open or close. What do I do?
My camera won't power on. What can I do?
Is there any way to place a protective film on the touch screen?
Yes, a protective film can be placed on the touch screen.
Is there a camcorder that records video that does not split into multiple videos when the file size exceeds 4GB?
All of the Panasonic camcorders maximum file size is 4GB.
Is there a camcorder that is compatible with a 128GB SDXC SD Card?
There are no camcorders compatible with a 128GB SDXC SD Card.
Is the camcorder compatible with Mac OSX?
Note: Videos recorded in 1080/60p is incompatible with iMovie.
I saw a notice on Panasonic's web site that a firmware update was available for my camera. What is a "firmware update" and is it important that I install it?
I have used the wrong charger cable, now my camcorder doesn't turn on. How can I fix this?
You will be required to send it to our Service Center to have the camcorder repaired. Click the below link and submit a new repair request. http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/RequestCenter?storeId=15001&catalogId=11017
How do I fix my LCD screen when it is freely swinging in and out while in use?
How do I combine two scenes, because when I pause the video when recording it creates a different scene?
How do I clean my camcorder?
How can videos and pictures be transferred to my PC without using the supplied software?
Note: The files that are drag and drop cannot be edited, burn or playback using the supplied software.
It is recommended to use the supplied software to transfer the pictures and videos to the PC.
How can the error message "Check card" be resolved when inserting SD card.
Check if the SD works in the PC. If yes, format the SD card using the PC and reinsert the SD card.
If the issue persists try to use a different SD card. If the issue remains on all of the SD cards the camcorder needs servicing. Click the link below and submit a new repair request: http://shop.panasonic.com/ecom/onlineRepair/login
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
How can I maximize my SD Card?
How can I fix the camcorder when it beeps twice and powers off even when fully charged?
How can I fix LCD screen picture loss and vertical lines?
How can I fix a loose LCD screen?
How can I check the status of my camcorder repair?
How am I able to correct the error message that my laptop does not find the new equipment whenever I connect my Camcorder to the laptop?
Does the camcorder have an upgrade conversion kit or a trade in value?
There are no upgrades kits or trade in values for the camcorder. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Does software come with this camcorder?
Can this camera be connected to a PC?
Can the camera's menu be shown in any other language?
Can I view my pictures on my TV screen?
You can view pictures on a TV screen by connecting your camera to your TV with the AVcable.
Can I use this camcorder as a webcam?
No, you cannot use this unit as Webcam.
Can I transfer videos without connecting the camcorder to the PC?
Can I record in PAL?
No, NTSC only.
Can I leave the battery attached when I store the camera?
Can I increase the time that the camcorder pre-records up from 3 seconds?
No. currently the pre-record feature is set to 3 seconds before you press the [record] button.
Can I go back and time stamp my photos after I have copied them to my PC?
Can I get the time and date to show on my video when I import it to my computer?
Can additional languages be added to the camera?
The camera is unable to add additional languages.
Am I able to use the Panasonic software with a different brand camcorder?
Am I able to transfer videos to the computer using the USB cable?
Am I able to charge the battery by using the USB port?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to charge the battery by using the USB port.
Why is my computer unable to detect the camcorder?
Why does the product not turn on after using the wrong charger?
Note: Panasonic is not responsible for 3rd party failure
Where can I order parts for my product?
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
What type of lenses do Panasonic camcorders use?
Panasonic camcorders use Leica lenses which are made out of high quality glass.
What size SD Card can I use in my Camera?
What should I do if my camera won't turn on?