NEW! HC-X900 HD Camcorder
- Ultrafine Image Quality
- High Performance New Wide LEICA Lens (F1.5 Wide 29.8mm)
- Clear Sound 5.1 Dolby Digital Creator
Next-Generation Imaging System
3MOS System Pro
The 3MOS System Pro has achieved a revolutionary leap forward in each of its elements - lens, sensor and engine. In the F1.5, 29.8mm wide-angle Leica Dicomar Lens, a Nano Surface Coating enhances image rendering in every shooting situation. The Advanced 3MOS Sensor employs a pixel shifting technology to achieve the equivalent of four times the pixel count of Full-HD. And the Crystal Engine Pro II processes this huge amount of pixels at high speed to produce a remarkable level of Full-HD picture quality. The 3MOS System Pro offers Panasonic's highest-ever image quality with breathtaking detail, vibrant colors, and minimal noise when shooting in dimly lit places. It will preserve your memories in all their natural beauty.
3MOS System Pro produces vibrant colors and finely detailed images with minimum noise.
Bright, High-Performance Lens
New 29.8mm Wide-Angle* F1.5 LEICA Dicomar Lens with Nano Surface Coating Technology
New large-diameter F1.5 lens is mounted with a Nano Surface Coating applied to the front lens surface. These advanced lens systems suppress ghosts and flaring when shooting moving pictures, and let you record bright images with very little noise even in dark places. In addition, the 29.8mm wide-angle* is especially convenient for recording indoor or in tight spaces.
* 35mm camera equivalent.
Equivalent to Four Times the Pixel Count of Full-HD
Advanced 3MOS Sensor with Pixel Shift Technology
The 3MOS Sensor splits the light information captured by the lens into the three primary colors - red, green and blue - and processes each color with its own individual sensor. This reduces light loss compared to the 1MOS sensor. Pixel Shift Technology, which took years to develop, provides a huge number of effective pixels for moving pictures – equivalent to four times the pixel count of Full-HD. This technology renders ultrafine images with excellent color reproduction and superb detail.
Enhanced Resolution and Noise Reduction Effects
Crystal Engine Pro II
The X900/X900M features the newly developed, ultra-high speed Crystal Engine Pro II. By using this engine to perform high-speed processing of the huge number of pixels – approximately equivalent to four times the pixel count of Full-HD – that are obtained with pixel shift technology, superb Full-HD image quality is achieved even in detailed image parts. The improved processing capability also dramatically reduces noise by 40%* compared with previous models, to record clear, stunningly beautiful images even in dim lighting. It also makes it possible to record highly detailed 3D images with Full-HD quality.**
* Compared to HDC-HS900/TM900/SD900.
** The optional VW-CLT2 3D Conversion Lens is required for shooting 3D images.
Easily save important scenes in 3D.
FULL HD 3D Recording with 3D Conversion Lens
By simply mounting the VW-CLT2 3D Conversion Lens, you can record FULL HD 3D images* with the MVC (Multiview Video Coding) recording system of the AVCHD 3D format. Right-eye and left-eye images are both recorded and played in Full-HD quality, using the Frame Sequential Method to produce FULL HD 3D images. The 3D Conversion Lens is smaller than the one for last year's models, and its brightness has also been increased from F3.2 to F2.0. In addition, 1.5x zooming** is now possible, allowing a versatile range of 3D shooting. This brings all the lifelike ambience of the actual scene right into the living room. The X900/X900M is also equipped with a 3.5-inch wide LCD that allows 3D viewing without the need for special eyewear. Images taken in 3D can be checked on the spot.
* The optional VW-CLT2 3D Conversion Lens is required for shooting 3D images.
** 1.5x digital zoom.
Full-HD images for the right and left eyes are simultaneously recorded through two lenses, using a 3D lens that artificially reproduces the phenomenon of visual disparity.
The TV alternately reproduces the left-eye and right-eye images, which are viewed through 3D Eyewear. To play back 3D images, simple insert an SD Memory Card in the slot of a VIERA 3DTV or use an HDMI mini cable to connect the camera to a 3D TV.
How do humans perceive 3-dimensional Images?
Because the left and right eyes are located at different positions on the face, the left and right eyes perceive slightly different images. The difference between the two images is called "visual disparity". The brain processes these two images with visual disparity to reconstruct spatial conditions, enabling us to see thing with three-dimensional depth.
Crisp, clear images even for fast-moving subjects
AVCHD Progressive Compliant 1080/60p Recording
1080/60p recording (Full-HD, 1,920 x 1,080, 60 progressive recording) conveys about twice the information of 1080i (interlace) recording. Fast-moving subjects, such as in sports scenes, are smoothly recorded. The progressive recording of the X900/X900M fully complies with the AVCHD Progressive standard.
Interlaced Scanning (1080/60i)
Only half of the image data is reproduced in each picture. Fabric patterns run together, and moiré patterns appear.
Progressive Scanning (1080/60p)
Reproduces all of image data in a single picture. Patterns in fabric are crisp and clear with no color bleeding.
Beautiful zoom shots of distant subjects.
Intelligent 23x Zoom
The X900/X900M feature an Intelligent Zoom function that goes all the way up to 23x. When using Intelligent Zoom, Intelligent Resolution technology lets you shoot at high zoom rates while preserving the image resolution. You get sharp images of highly detailed objects – without the blurry edges.
Powerful hand-shake compensation over the entire zoom range.
HYBRID O.I.S. +
HYBRID O.I.S. + uses five-axis correction to thoroughly suppress blurring all the way from wide-angle shots to powerful zoom shots. It also achieves superb effects when shooting while walking. This lets you capture crisp, clear images, without blurring, in almost every shooting situation.
Even more powerful hand-shake compensation.
O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) Lock
The image-stabilizing effect is increased by pressing and holding the O.I.S. Lock indication on the LCD screen, which maximizes the blur detection sensitivity. This is great for when you want to zoom at a fixed angle, like for bird watching.
Captures large groups, even when shooting from up close.
29.8mm Wide-Angle Lens*
The 29.8mm wide-angle lens on the X900/X900M fit more people and more of the background into the frame than a conventional lens. This is especially handy when you want to take a group photo in a small room.
* 35mm camera equivalent
Accessories for even more wide-angle shooting fun
Wide Conversion Lens (Optional)
Wide conversion lenses, which further extend wide-angle shooting capability, have been added the X900/X900M as optional accessories. The VW-W4907H model allows 0.75x wide-angle shooting.
* Not available when the 3D conversion lens is attached.
Craft images with intuitive ease.
Manual Ring *
The manual ring gives you easy, fingertip control over the focus, zoom and exposure settings. You'll find using the ring a much more intuitive, comfortable, user-friendly process than accessing a menu screen. With the manual ring and manual operation, the X900/X900M is a pleasure to use and gives you the freedom to craft unusually expressive images.
* HC-X900/X900M only.
Just rotate the ring to zoom in and out. You have full control of the zooming speed and can zoom in or out to the precise degree you want.
Just rotate the ring to focus. You can focus on the exact point you want, even if it's not in the center of the frame. You can also change the focus as you shoot, to get the kind of creative shots you sometimes see in movies.
Select from Auto, Indoor 1, Indoor 2, Sunny, Cloudy, and White Set according to the location, weather or type of lighting. You'll always get the best possible coloring even if the light source changes.
The shutter speed can be adjusted from 1/24 to 1/8,000 of a second.* Use a high shutter speed when shooting sports events or fast-moving subjects, and you can get clear, sharp, incredible action shots.
* In NTSC areas. 1/25 to 1/8,000 of a second in PAL areas.
Use the ring to adjust the aperture to regulate the amount of light let in. You can also use this setting to attain a shallow depth of field, blur the background, or create frames that emphasize the foreground, for creating movie-like expressions.
Slow events that take place over long periods of time can be condensed into short images.
Time Lapse Recording
The time lapse function uses longer frame intervals than standard shooting. You can use this function to capture shortened or condensed footage of events that actually take place over a much longer time period. For example, time lapse recording is ideal for shooting a flower in the process of blooming, or a long, slow sunset. With time lapse recording, you have an interesting new video technique to explore.
Film-like beauty: Captures more data to deliver richer images.
Digital Cinema Mode
Progressive 1080/24p (NTSC)*
Set the HD camcorder to Digital Cinema mode to shoot in the progressive 1080/24p (24 pictures per second) format for NTSC area. Progressive scanning captures clear, vibrant images with intricate detail. You also get faithful images with an appealing film-like quality.
Images are rich and luxuriant, just like at the movies.
Digital Cinema Color*** with VIERA
Selecting the Digital Cinema Color mode makes it possible to shoot film-like images that are ideally suited to the Digital Cinema Color of VIERA TVs. Colors recorded in this mode look richer than those recorded using the conventional Panasonic standard. For example, the subtle shades of red and gold in flowers, and the greens of leafy trees are remarkably true to life.
* The video captured as 24p using Digital Cinema Mode is converted and recorded as 60i.
*** When using a TV that is compatible with "x.v.Color", images that are recorded in Digital Cinema Color mode will have a wider color range than conventional images. The color range varies depending on the TV. x.v.Color is a registered trademark.
Stunning still images, even when enlarged.
Still Picture Recording
Still Picture Recording at 16 Megapixels
Still Picture Recording mode lets you shoot with a maximum resolution of 16 megapixels.* You can also simultaneously record still images and video at 14.7 megapixels.**
* For images recorded with a 3:2 aspect ratio.
** For images recorded with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
60 Frames/Sec High-Speed Burst Shooting*
This function lets the camcorder snap up to 60 consecutive 2.1-megapixel still images* per second for a total of 180 continuous images in about 3 seconds. You can use it to analyze a golf swing, tennis stroke or other motion.
* In PAL areas, 50 consecutive 2.1-megapixel still images per second.
iA Mode for Still Images
The iA function is active even when the camera is in still-image mode. When the Intelligent Scene Selector detects the shooting situation, it automatically switches to one of the five Scene modes for still-image shooting, and optimizes the settings for the still image.
• Sports • Portrait • Spot Light • Snow • Beach
• Sunset • Fireworks • Scenery • Night Scenery
• Night Portrait • Macro
Smile Shot (Still Image)
The Smile Shot function automatically detects subject smiles, and captures the best possible smile while you're shooting movies. It lets you easily catch those fleeting, easy-to-miss stills of a smiling subject. It will also optimize the focus and exposure for your subject's smiling face.
Capture the smiles of only certain subjects - Face Recognition Linked Capture the smiles of an entire group - Face Detection Linked Capture the smiling face of a moving subject - AF/AE Tracking Linked
Capturing voices over a wide area for a more life-like sound.
5.1-Ch Surround Sound System (X900/X900M)
The X900/X900M is equipped with five electret condenser microphones. The five electret condenser microphones help capture the sound source and distance accurately, so you get a more 3-dimensional effect. The Zoom Mic function improves 6 dB* by suppressing the noise coming from any direction other than the front of the camera. This enables the sound of the subject to be clearly captured. Low-frequency performance has also been improved for more natural sound recording. You get a realistic sound space that's a perfect match with the true-to-life HD images.
* Compared with HDC-HS900/TM900/SD900
• Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. "Dolby" and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
Picks up audio from all directions to reproduce a natural, lifelike sound field.
Zoom Mic (12x)
The Zoom Mic function links the microphones to the lens action. When you zoom in on a subject, the microphones focus on the sound in that same direction.
With the five highly directional microphones, this mode enables the microphones to focus on sounds coming from right in front of you, even when the lens is not zooming.
Wind Noise Canceller (X900/X900M)
The technology of the previous Wind Cut function has evolved to form the Wind Noise Canceller. It automatically detects and suppresses only wind noise, to give you natural sounds with lifelike ambience. Also, unlike the previous Wind Cut function, which switched to monaural recording, the Wind Noise Canceller enables stereo recording. This maintains natural sounds when shooting outdoors.
Sharp focusing even up close.
You can shoot macro close-ups while maintaining a distance of 95cm from your subject. In addition, using the zoom at full magnification makes it much easier to capture extreme close-ups without your body or camera casting a shadow on the subject and while keeping the background in soft focus.
easy operation & usability
Intuitive shooting, easy viewing
3.5" Wide 3D-Compatible LCD* with Intuitive Touch Operation
The X900M feature a 1,152,000-dot 8.8-cm/3.5-inch wide 3D-compatible LCD. This makes it possible to shoot 3D images while checking 3D effects without having to use any special equipment. Offers intuitive touch operation. When shooting, you can use Touch Zoom to instantly zoom in and out by simply touching with a fingertip, and Touch Shutter to automatically focus when shooting still images by simply touching the subject on the screen. For playback, you can also change thumbnail pages by sliding a fingertip across the screen. You get smooth, intuitive operation and don't have to take your eyes off of the LCD screen.
* HC-X900/X900M only.
- Touch Zooming
You can easily zoom in and zoom out by simply touching the LCD with your fingertips.
- Touch Shutter
You can touch the subject on the LCD screen to instantly focus on it and takes a still picture.
- Touch for Playback
You can flip through thumbnail pages, display one of the thumbnail scenes, and more, with fingertip operation.
Wide Viewing Angle LCD*
The LCD has a viewing angle of 170°, both vertically and horizontally. Images are clear and bright even when viewed from an angle, so everyone can gather around the LCD to enjoy on-the-spot recordings.
* Only when shooting 2D images.
Expressive performance with detailed.
0.24" Electronic Viewfinder and Interface *
This 263,424-dot equivalent / 0.24-inch viewfinder is easy to use and convenient for focusing and other adjustments. You can enjoy more professional shooting with handy functions.
* HC-X900/X900M only.
Electronic Viewfinder The extendable electronic viewfinder is easy to use and convenient for focusing and other adjustments. Mic and Headphone Terminal There's a mic input terminal and a headphone jack on the side of the camcorder. Plug in an external mic or headphones (both optional) if desired. Accessory Shoe Optional accessories can be attached here to increase shooting versatility.
Makes optimal settings automatically - for both motion and still images.
iA (Intelligent Auto)
This powerful function senses the shooting conditions and automatically makes the settings and activates functions that will deliver optimal results. With both motion and still images, iA does the bothersome settings for you and makes it easy to capture beautiful, well-focused images.
* The functions included in iA may not be applied when conditions do not call for them.
Great for sudden photo opportunities! Saves energy too!
Approx. 1-sec Quick Power-On
Switch the power on and the HD camcorders are in standby mode in approx. 1 second,* ready to shoot when you are. When the LCD is closed, the power automatically switches off. This fast startup and automatic shutdown also help reduce battery consumption.
* Depending on the recording conditions, start time may be longer than 1 second.
0.6-sec Quick Start
Using Quick Start mode, you simply flip open the LCD and you're ready to shoot in just 0.6 seconds.* When Eco mode is also used, the power turns off whenever the camcorder has not been operated for 5 minutes. This reduces wasted power consumption, and enables a longer battery life.
* Depending on the recording conditions, start time may be longer than 0.6 seconds.
A precise way to check the lighting.
Ideal for making fine brightness adjustments that are difficult to see in the LCD.
A handy guide for correcting the exposure is shown right in the monitor.
- Zebra Pattern
A "zebra pattern" is displayed in areas of the frame where the lighting is excessive and the image is over-exposed.
- Brightness Level
The light level is metered at the center of the frame and displayed as a percentage (%). This serves as a guide when you're shooting a subject that's backlit, or when you want to keep the light level the same even though the lighting conditions change.
The histogram displays in graph form the exposure and contrast conditions over the entire frame. This lets you determine fine gradation details that are difficult to tell by just looking at the screen.
Ideal for Mac and PC users.
The X900/X900M lets you record videos in the iFrame. With iFrame, the video in your camera is the same format you'll edit, so it's fast to import and edit with compatible video editing software. iFrame is based on standards, so it works with a number of applications – such as iMovie.
Adjusts the focus easily.
This function shows which subjects are in-focus by displaying their outlines in blue. You can easily check the focus on LCD when manually focusing, to ensure consistently clear, sharp images.
Supports your best composition.
Composition Guide Lines
With wide LCD monitors, it's hard to keep images perfectly level. The X900/X900M solves this by displaying horizontal and vertical Composition Guide Lines that make it easy to keep the subject straight and level.
No more lost lens caps.
Auto Lens Cover
When the power is turned on, the lens cover automatically opens. When the power goes off, the lens cover closes.
You don't have to keep removing and replacing a lens cap - or worry about losing it.
Easy time setting - Both on the destination and at home.
The displayed map lets you easily set the time for the location you want. Setting the time is as easy as selecting a city from the displayed map. The World Time function lets you set the time for two cities, home and destination. You don't have to figure out the time difference at your destination, and it's easy when you get home.
- Product Overview
- Imaging Technology
- Shooting Performance
- Easy Operation & Usability
- Playback / Networking
Playback / Networking - 2D images
Play a compilation of the most exciting scenes.
Advanced Highlight Playback
Select the days of the recordings you want to see, and this innovative function automatically selects the most exciting scenes, arranges them, plays them with music, and save them, or ones that the user has personally selected, according to a set time interval. It decides how exciting a scene is, based on zooming, panning, and scene changes, and whether there are faces. The X900/X900M has both advanced with the addition of playback effects that include slow motion, still image fading, and flash playback. Four image effect modes* – natural, pop, dynamic and classical – have also been added. Set different effects based on the mood of your images, and enjoy memorable scenes just the way you remember them when shooting. The Face Highlight Playback mode places priority on selecting the faces of subjects who are registered in the Face Recognition function, for quick playback of the scenes where they are clearly recorded, together with music.
* Only during playback with the main unit.
Playback image effect mode
Enjoy more impressive highlight playback with natural switching effects.
View highlight playback of the images you've taken, together with a variety of fun effects.
Enjoy highlight playback with speedy, dynamic effects.
Enjoy highlight playback with dramatic effects applied mainly to your subject's faces.
Variety of index for easy selection of particular scenes.
Face Highlight, Highlight and Time Frame Index
The index function has been enhanced with the addition of a feature that divides each recorded
scene into a number of smaller scenes, and displays thumbnails for each. This makes it much
easier to find a particular part of a scene without having to fast-forward.
- Face Highlight Index
The Face Highlight Index selects scenes that have faces in them and displays them in an index format. This handy function lets you quickly find and view scenes that have people in them.
- Highlight Index
The camera automatically selects and displays the most exciting scenes. It determines the level of importance of each scene based on zooming and panning, and whether there are faces. This gives you an easy, convenient way to view all the highlights together.
- Time Frame Index
This mode divides each recorded clip into 3-second, 6-second, 12-second, 1-minute and 5-minute intervals, and displays them. This is convenient when you want to find a specific scene within a long clip.
Easily watching with connect a cable - or just use the memory card.
Easy Connecting, Easy Viewing
Just connect your HD camcorder to an HDTV and get ready for an incredible high-definition
video show. If your TV is HDMI* compatible, a single HDMI mini cable is all you need. When
using a video component cable, you need a separate audio cable.
* HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of
HDMI Licensing LLC.
- VIERA Link
- Connect your HD camcorder to a VIERA* or compatible Blu-ray Disc™ Player* via an HDMI mini cable, and you can control both units in synchronized operation with a single remote control. This kind of simple, easy operation makes it enjoyable to view your recordings.
* Availability of models may differ depending on the country.
* With VIERA Link, a control signal sent through the HDMI cable allows linked operation of a VIERA TV, compatible DIGA DVD recorder, and the HD camcorder. Please note that this function applies only to equipment that is compatible with VIERA Link, and that VIERA Link does not let you control every function of all connected equipment.
- Playback with SD Card
- Just slip the SD card from your camcorder into the SD card slot on your VIERA TV* or Blu-ray Disc™ Player,* and you're ready to view Full-HD moving images recorded.
* Availability of models may differ depending on the country.
The models availability varies depending on countries and regions. format still images can be viewed with other SD Memory Card Slot-equipped models.
Copy in Full-HD 1080/60p, Full-HD 1080/60i, or MPEG-2 Format
Archiving and Playback
The HD camcorders have a USB Host function that lets you connect directly to a DVD burner
via a USB cable. Then just press a button and you can copy the moving images you recorded
from the SD card or Built-in Memory to a DVD disc.*
* Except for 1080/60p recording format.
** AVCHD compatible models.
- Easy AVCHD to MPEG-2 Conversion
- You can make a copy either in the original high-definition AVCHD format,* or in the standard-definition DVD-Video (MPEG-2) format. Choose the one that matches your playback equipment.* Except for 1080/60p recording format.
- Archiving 1080/60p Data with a PC or Blu-ray Disc™ Recorder***
You can save 1080/60p video data onto a Blu-ray Disc™ by using a PC or Blu-ray Disc™ Recorder.*** *** Available only for Spring 2012 or newer models.
Playback with a DVD burner
To view the disc you just burned, simply connect the HD camcorder to an HDTV via an HDMI mini cable.
- The 12-cm DVD discs that you create with a DVD burner can be played on a Blu-ray Disc™ Player.
Use your PC and included software HD Writer AE 4.1
Editing, Archiving and YouTube™ or Facebook™ Uploading
HD Writer AE 4.1 software, included with the camcorder, makes it easy to play or edit videos on your PC and have more fun when the shooting's done. Also, the ordinarily time-consuming task of converting and archiving data from 60p to AVCHD or MPEG-2 format can be easily done at high speed by connecting the 3MOS camcorder to a PC with a USB cable and using the camcorder's Conversion Assist function.
Also Enjoyable When the Shooting's Done
- Importing Data
When the camcorder is connected to a PC, the software automatically starts up. Importing data takes only a few clicks of the mouse.
- Easy YouTube™ and Facebook™ Uploading
The videos you've recorded are easily uploaded to YouTube™ or Facebook™ in their original high quality. HD Writer AE 4.1 lets you share your videos worldwide.
Along with the full editing functions such as adding titles, rearrangement scenes, transition effects, and editing images, a Timeline mode has also been added. This allows a timeline to be displayed with a storyboard, for highly accurate editing while fine-tuning the timing of video images. The playback timing of background music can also be finely adjusted to enable precise insertion.
- Short Movie Story
The newly added Short Movie Story function makes it possible to transform still images and videos into dramatic short videos. Once the still images/videos, a theme, and background music are selected, the software takes over to automatically produce the movie. When completed, you can save the video onto a disc in HD image quality, or easily upload it to YouTube™ or Facebook™.
- Video Retouch
Video Retouch is a new function that lets you decorate images with text, graphic painting or stamp pens. By using a game-like approach to add an extra editing touch to finished images, they become even more attractive and enjoyable.
Make a copy either in the original high-definition AVCHD format, or in the standard-definition DVD-Video (MPEG-2) format.
Playback / Networking - 3D images
Enjoy 3D images the easy way.
2D to 3D Conversion
Images that were shot in 2D without using the 3D Conversion Lens can be easily transformed into 3D images with the 2D to 3D Conversion function. Simply connect the camcorder to a 3D-compatible TV with an HDMI cable. The 2D to 3D Conversion function then uses the image processing capability of the engine to convert 2D images into 3D. This is an easy, casual way to enjoy the excitement of 3D.
Easy Connecting for 3D Video Playback and Archiving
- Connection for 3D Video Playback
- With Panasonic VIERA 3DTV,* you can easily watch FULL HD 3D images using the Frame Sequential Method by simply inserting an SD Memory Card** into the SD card slot or connecting the camcorder with an HDMI mini Cable.** Playback is also possible with a Panasonic 3D-compatible Blu-ray Disc™ player or recorder.*** The recorder can be used to save high-quality 3D images as well.
* A TV that is capable of side-by-side method 3D playback, 3D Eyewear, and HDMI cable connection are required to play the recorded 3D images. Some VIERA 3DTV models allow direct 3D-image playback from an SD card.
** Applicable models
VIERA playback is possible on Spring 2012 or newer models. DIGA playback and recording are also possible on Spring 2012 or newer models. Playback on other-brand equipment produces side-by-side method 3D images.
*** If the player/recorder is not 3D-compatible, you need to set the 3D mode on the TV manually.
**** To play the content with a recorder, the data must be copied to an HDD.
• Some VIERA 3DTV models may require a firmware update to play 3D images from an SD card.
For details, please visit http:/panasonic.net/avc/viera/information_3dviv/
• Model availability varies depending on the country and region.
- Connection for 3D Side-by-Side Video Archiving
- Recorded 3D data can be saved onto a DVD by simply connecting the X900/X900M to an optional DVD burner with a USB cable and pressing a button. You can also use an AVCHD-compatible recorder to save data onto a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD.
* To burn the content onto a BD/DVD, the data must be copied to an HDD.
** The models availability varies depending on countries and regions.
- Connection for 3D MVC Format Video Archiving
- Recorded MVC (Multiview Video Coding) format 3D data can be saved onto a Blu-ray Disc™ by simply connecting the X900/X900M to an AVCHD-compatible recorder with a USB cable and pressing a button.
Easy Editing (HD Writer AE 4.1)
HD Writer AE 4.1 offers a wide variety of 3D editing functions. 3D switching allows various effects to be added to scene transitions. Titles can be inserted in front of the images, and special effects can be positioned with the titles, with a lever for adjusting the visual disparity. This makes editing 3D images as easy as editing ordinary 2D images. If the user's system supports NVIDIA 3D Vision, the 3D images can be checked as editing proceeds.
- About HD Writer AE 4.1:
This software is not compatible with Microsoft Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98/98SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000 and Windows NT.
Supplied CD-ROM is available for Windows only.
Operation on an upgraded OS is not guaranteed.
When 2 or more USB devices are connected to a PC, or when devices are connected though USB hubs or by using extension cables, proper operation is not guaranteed.
Operation on an OS other than the one pre-installed is not guaranteed.
This software does not support the multi-boot environments.
This software does not support the multi-monitor environments.
Operation is not guaranteed on Windows XP Media Center Edition, Tablet PC Edition, Windows Vista Enterprise or Windows 7 Enterprise.
Available with administrator account in Windows XP.
Available with administrator account or standard account in Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Installation and un installation of the software requires an administrator account.)
- Microsoft®, Windows®, Windows Vista® and Windows® 7 are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- YouTube™ and the YouTube Logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
- Facebook and the Facebook logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Facebook, Inc.
- iMovie and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation of the U.S.
- Intel, Pentium, Celeron and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Other names of systems and products mentioned in these instructions are usually the registered trademarks or trademarks of the manufacturers’ who developed the system or product concerned.
- All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
- Image Sensor 1/4.1"" MOS Sensor x 3
- Total Pixels 9.15 megapixels (3.05 megapixels x 3 )
- Effective Pixles
- Motion Image 6.57 - 6.21 megapixels (2.19 - 2.07 megapixels x 3) [16:9]
- Still Image 7.11 megapixels (2.37 megapixels x 3) [3:2] / 6.57 - 6.21 megapixels (2.19 - 2.07 megapixels x 3) [16:9] / 6.87 megapixels (2.29 megapixels x 3) [4:3]
- F Value F1.5 (WIDE) / F2.8 (TELE)
Optical Zoom12 x
Focal Length2.84 - 34.1 mm
- 35 mm Film Camera Equivalent
- Motion Image 29.8 - 368.8 mm [16:9]
- Still Image 29.8 - 357.7 mm [3:2], / 29.8 - 368.8 mm [16:9], / 31.0 - 372.0 mm [4:3],
- Filter Diameter 49 mm
- Lens Brand Leica Dicomar Lens
- Standard Illumination 1400 lx
Minimum Illumination1.6 lx (1/30, Low Light, Scene Mode), 1 lx (Color Night View)
- Focus Auto/ Manual
- Intelligent Zoom OFF 12 x
- Intelligent Zoom ON 23 x
Digital Zoom30 x/ 700 x (The maximum value of zoom magnification)
White BalanceAuto / Indoor1 / Indoor2 / Sunny / Cloudy / White set
- Shutter Speed
- Motion Image [60i / 60p] / Auto Slow Shutter ON : 1/30-1/8000 / Auto Slow Shutter OFF : 1/60-1/8000 / [24p] / Auto Slow Shutter ON : 1/24 - 1/8000 / Auto Slow Shutter OFF : 1/48 - 1/8000
- Still Image 1/2 - 1/2000, (Video Flash On: 1/2 - 1/500)
- Iris Auto/ Manual
- Image Stabilizer Hybrid O.I.S.+ with O.I.S. lock
- Recording Media SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
- Recording Format [AVCHD] AVCHD 3D/ Progressive / [iFame] MP4
- Compression Method [2D] MPEG-4 AVC/ H.264 / [3D] MPEG-4 MVC/ H.264
- Signal System 1080/ 60p, 1080/ 60i, 540/ 30p
- Recording/ Playback Mode 1080/ 60p (28Mbps / VBR) , (1920 x 1080) / HA (17Mbps / VBR) , (1920 x 1080) / HG (13Mbps / VBR) , (1920 x 1080) / HX (9Mbps / VBR) , (1920 x 1080) / HE (5Mbps / VBR) , (1920 x 1080) / iFrame (28Mbps / VBR) , (960 x 540) / AVCHD 3D (28Mbps / VBR) , (1920 x 1080
Thumbnail Display20 thumbnails/page, 9 thumbnails/page, 1 thumbnails/page
- Audio Recording System 1080/60p, HA, HG, HX, HE : Dolby Digital (5.1ch/ 2ch) / iFrame: AAC (2ch) / MP4: AAC (2ch)
Microphone5.1ch Surround, Zoom and Focus Microphone
STILL IMAGE SECTION
- Recording Format JPEG (DCF/Exif2.2), MPO
- Recirding Image Size
- Still Image 14.7 megapixels (5120 x 2880), 8.3 megapixels (3840 x 2160), 5.8 megapixels (3200 x 1800) [16:9] / 16 megapixels (4896 x 3264), 8.6 megapixels (3600 x 2400?, 6.1 megapixels (3024 x 2016) [3:2] / 15.1 megapixels (4480 x 3360), 8.6 megapixels (3392 x 2544), / 5.8 megapixels (2784 x 2088), 0.3 megapixels (640 x 480) [4:3] / [3D] 2.1 megapixles (1920 x 1080) [16:9]
- Simultaneous Recording 14.7 megapixels (5120 x 2880), 8.3 megapixels (3840 x 2160), 2.1 megapixels (1920 x 1080) / [3D] 2.1 megapixles (1920 x 1080) [16:9]
- Flash Yes
Power Supply7.2V (Battery) / 9.3V (AC Adaptor)
- Power Consumption Max. 8.9W (Recording) / Max. 10.3W (Charging)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) Approx. 67 x 72 x 150[mm] (2.64 x 2.83 x 5.90 [inch])
- Weight (w/o battery and SD card) Approx. 425g (0.93 lb)
LCD Monitor3.5"" Wide 3D LCD¿monitor (1,152,000 dots)
- View Finder Yes
- Manual Ring Yes
- HDMI Yes (mini)
- Microphones (stereo mini) Yes
- Headphone (stereo mini) Yes
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- AV Multi Yes
- Accessory Shoe Yes (cold)
- On-Screen Display Language English, French, Spanish
- AC Adaptor Yes
- AC Cable Yes
- DC Cable Included AC adopter
- Rechargeable Battery Pack Yes (1,250 mAh)
- IR Remote Yes
- AV Multi Cable Yes
- Shoe adaptor Yes
- Lens Hood Yes
- USB Cable Yes
- Bandled Software HD Writer AE 4.1
- UPC 885170089365
- Lenses + Filters
SupportOwner's ManualsHow To Guided TutorialsFAQs
What support content is available for my product?
Click on a link below that interests you the most:
- Panasonic Community - Join our Community and participate in Discussions where you can learn more about our Products. You will also be able to get advice from other members and Product Experts, as well as documents, FAQ’s, tutorials, and updates.
- Live Chat - Chat with a representative from 9am-9pm Monday-Friday and 10am-7pm Saturday/Sunday EST.
- Email Contact - For email inquiries, send them to email@example.com, you will receive a response within 24-48 hours.
- Parts/Accessories - Order parts and/or accessories from our supply chain, Encompass.
- Service Locator - Locate the closest Authorized repair center to you for TVs, Microwaves, Vacuums, or Massage Chairs.
- Service Request - If you need a product repaired and is NOT a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair, you can use our Online Repair Request. There, you will be able to get a repair estimate, pay online, and track the repair status.
- Panasonic Community - Join our Community and participate in Discussions where you can learn more about our Products. You will also be able to get advice from other members and Product Experts, as well as documents, FAQ’s, tutorials, and updates.