Full HD 38X Long-Zoom Camcorder
- 32-1216mm 38X long zoom
- BSI Sensor for less blurring in low light
- Built-in creative effects add fun to your videos
- Image stabilizer reduces shake during recording
- Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
- MAIN SENSOR
- Image Sensor 1/5.8" BSI MOS Sensor
- Total Pixels 2.51 megapixels
- Effective Pixels (Motion Image) 2.12 megapixels [16:9]
- Effective Pixels (Still Image) 2.12 megapixels [16:9]
- SUB SENSOR
- Image Sensor -
- Total Pixels -
- MAIN LENS
- F Value F1.8 (WIDE) / F4.2 (TELE)
Focal Length2.35 - 89.3 mm
- 35 mm Film Camera Equivalent (Motion Image) 32.9 - 1646 mm [16:9]
- 35 mm Film Camera Equivalent (Still Image) 32.9 - 1646 mm [16:9]
- Filter Diameter -
- Lens Brand Panasonic Lens
- SUB LENS
- F Value -
- 35 mm Film Camera Equivalent (Motion Image) -
- Standard Illumination 1400 lx
Minimum Illumination4 lx (Scene Mode Low Light 1/30), 1 lx (Color Night Rec)
- Focus Auto / Manual
- Intelligent Zoom OFF 38x
- Intelligent Zoom ON 75x
Digital Zoom100 x / 2500 x (The maximum value of zoom magnification)
White BalanceAuto / Indoor1 / Indoor2 / Sunny / Cloudy / White set
- Shutter Speed
- Motion Image [60i] / Auto Slow Shutter ON : 1/30 - 1/8000 / Auto Slow Shutter OFF : 1/60 - 1/8000
- Still Image -
- Iris Auto / Manual
- Image Stabilizer Image Stabilizer
- Creative Control Miniature Effect, Silent Movie, 8mm Movie, Time Lapse Rec
- Recording Media SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
- Recording Format [AVCHD] AVCHD / [iFrame / MP4] MP4
- Compression Method MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Recording/ Playback Mode HA (17Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080) / HG (13Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080) / HE (5Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080) / iFrame (28Mbps / VBR), (960 x 540) / MP4 (1.5Mbps / VBR), (640 x 360)
Thumbnail Display20 thumbnails/page, 9 thumbnails/page, 1 thumbnail/page
- Audio Recording System HA, HG, HE: Dolby Digital (2ch) / iFrame, MP4: AAC (2ch)
STILL IMAGE SECTION
- Recording Format JPEG (DCF/Exif2.2)
- Recording Image Size
- Still Image [16:9] 8.9 megapixels (3968 x 2232), 2.1 megapixels (1920 x 1080)
- Simultaneous Recording -
- Flash -
Power Supply3.6V (Battery) / 5.0V (AC Adaptor)
- Power Consumption Max. 3.5W (Recording) / Max. 5.3W (Charging)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) Approx. 53 x 60 x 114 mm (2.087 x 2.362 x 4.488 inch)
- Weight (w/o battery and SD card) Approx. 181g (0.399lb)
LCD Monitor2.7" Wide LCD monitor (230,400 dots)
- View Finder -
- Manual Ring / Dial -
- AV Yes
- HDMI Yes (mini)
- Microphones (stereo mini) -
- Headphone (stereo mini) -
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- USB Charge Yes
- LED Video Light -
- Accessory Shoe -
- On-Screen Display Language English, French, Spanish
- Standard -
- Frequency -
- NFC -
- AC Adaptor Yes
- AC Cable -
- DC Cable -
- Rechargeable Battery Pack Yes (970 mAh)
- Battery Charger -
- IR Remote -
- AV Multi Cable -
- AV Cable Yes
- Shoe adaptor -
- Lens Hood -
- USB Cable Yes
- Lens cap -
- Stylus pen -
- Bandled Software HD Writer LE 2.1
- NOTE Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- UPC 885170178052
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
What should I do if my product needs service?
NOTE: This does not apply to TVs, Microwaves, Vacuums, and Massage Chairs
For repairs and exchanges:
Ship your product to:
Panasonic Factory Service Center
4900 George McVay Drive
Suite B; Door-12
McAllen, TX 78503
Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted.
Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).
Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.
Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:
Toll Free: 1-866-907-9111
Please reference your Service Job number when contacting You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Will this camcorder remember my Wi-Fi settings?
Why does my wireless access point get disconnected?
If you use another 2.4GHz device such as a Microwave, or cordless phone, you may interrupt the signal.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
What size SD Card can I use in my Camera?
Cameras with a manufacturing date of 2006 or before can use Standard Sd Cards ( 2GB Max ) only. Models manufactured from 2007 thru 2009 can use Standard SD Cards and SDHC Cards ( Max 32GB ) Cameras Manufactured 2010 and later can use all SD Cards up to and including SDXC cards (64GBMax ).There is no firmware update that willincrease the maximum size of the SD Card for allowable usage.
What size and type memory card can I use in my camcorder?
Panasonic camcorders use a SD (Secure Digital) card. There is the Standard SD, and also the SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity), and SDXC (Secure Digital eXtended Capacity) Card Formats that can be used.
- In 2007, camcorders can use up to a maximum of 4GB SDHC Card.
- In 2008, camcorders can use up to a maximum of 8GB SDHC Card.
- In 2009, camcorders can use up to a maximum of 32GB SDHC Card.
- In 2010 to current, camcorders use up to a maximum of 64GB SDXC Card.
Depending on the specific model of your camcorder. Refer to the owner's manual for the type of card to be used. Recording video also requires a fast memory card and so Class 6 cards up to the newer Class 10 cards are recomended.
What is the the difference between "Maximum continuously recordable time" and "Actual recordable time"?
The actual recordable time refers to the time that is recorded when repeatedly starting/stopping recording, turning the unit on/off, moving the zoom lever etc. The maximum continiously recordable time refers to the recordable time when recording without pause, powering on/off etc.
- There are vertical/horizontal lines in my LCD screen. What do I do?
- The LCD screen on my camera is blank. What do I do?
- My lens cover won't open or close. What do I do?
My camera won't power on. What can I do?
If you have a second battery, try it to see if you can power on the camera. If you don't have an extra battery and you're sure the battery you have is fully charged then the camera may need to be serviced. Click Here.
Is this model camcorder compatible with Mac OS X?
Yes, the camcorder is compatible with the Mac OS. You will be required to use iMovie11 in order to import the videos, however any videos recorded in 1080/60p is not compatible with iMovie.
Is there any software for the Max that will work with the camcorder?
Yes, you would be able to use iMovie for videos and iPhotos for pictures.
Is there an optional battery charger for this camcorder? (HCV130,250,550,750,HCW850 )
Yes, it is accessory number VW-BC10PP
Is the supplied software compatible with Windows 8?
Yes, the software supplied with the camcorder is compatible with Windows 8 OS.
I saw a notice on Panasonic's web site that a firmware update was available for my camera. What is a "firmware update" and is it important that I install it?
Panasonic may occasionally add a new feature to the camera, or if we discover a minor problem after the camera started selling Panasonic may issue new firmware to make the necessary changes. Any new firmware release includes a description of the changes it makes. If you are having the problem it corrects, or if you want to add the new feature, follow the instructions and install the update. You should always begin the firmware update usong a fully charged battery.
I have used the wrong charger cable, now my camcorder doesn’t turn on. How can I fix this?
You will be required to send it to our Service Center to have the camcorder repaired. Click the below link and submit a new repair request. http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/RequestCenter?storeId=15001&catalogId=11017
How long will it take to charge the battery ?
Using the supplied battery it should take approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes.
How long can I record on a single battery charge ?
If you're recording in AVCHD then you should be able to record for about 40 minutes. If you shoot in MP4 or iFrame it will be about 45 minutes.
How do I resolve a "Check card" error message when inserting a micro SD card with adapter in the camcorder?
Make sure that the micro SD card is placed correctly in the adapter. There might be a compatibility issue with the SD card and the camcorder. It is recommended that you try another card to see what exactly the issue is with the camcorder.
How do I fix my LCD screen when it is freely swinging in and out while in use?
You will be required to send it to our Service Center to have the camcorder repaired. Click the below link and submit a new repair request. Click Here
How do I combine two scenes, because when I pause the video when recording it creates a different scene?
You are able to combine both of the scenes into one by using the HD Writer software that is provided with the camcorder. To use the software however, you will require an Operating System no earlier than Windows XP
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How can I connect wirelessly to my smartphone? (HCV550, HCV750, HCW850)
If you're connecting to a wireless network, follow these steps:
- Make sure the smartphone is connected to the wireless access point by checking its settings.
- Make sure this unit and the smartphone are connected to the same wireless network.
- Make sure the wireless access point is registered with this unit.
- Make sure the smartphone is properly connected to this unit by checking the Wi-Fi settings of the smartphone.
- Make sure the SSID and password have been inputted correctly .
- Make sure the smartphone is not connected to the wireless access point. If it is connected, then change the Wi-Fi access point using the smartphone's Wi-Fi setup.
How can I compare the features of the new camcorders?
Go to the Shop site, select Cameras & Camcorders from the dropdown menu.Select Camcorders from the list. Place a check mark in the box above the camcorders you wish to compare (you can compare up to 4 items at once) Click on "Compare" at the top of the page.
How can I check the status of my camcorder repair?
You can check the repair status of your camera by clicking on the link below and entering your email address and password. Click Here or contacting our Call Center at 1-800-211-7262.
Does this camcorder support 64GB SDXC cards?
Yes, this camcorder does support 64GB SDXC cards.
Does this camcorder support 5Ghz wireless signal?
No, this unit only supports 2.4Ghz wireless signals.
Does this camcorder have Wi-Fi?
Does this camcorder have a touch screen ?
Does this camcorder have a firmware upgrade?
There is no firmware available for this camcorder.
Does this camcorder allow me to upload video and still images to my social network?
Yes, using a smartphone you can perform record and playback functions as well as upload to a social networking services.
Can this camcorder operate only with the AC adapter?
Yes, the camcorder can operate using only the AC adapter.
Can the camcorder record in 24P mode?
Can I transfer videos without connecting the camcorder to the PC?
Yes, you can transfer vidoes and still pictures using Wi-Fi.
Can I add additional Web Services to my Lumix Club Account?
Yes you can add Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Picasa, Flickr, and Ustream.
Am I able to record with this camcorder for a continuous 3 hours? Also, am I able to record with a LCD screen closed using a smartphone or tablet to operate?
Yes, the camcorder is capable of continuous recording for 3hrs if the camcorder is connected to an AC adapter and there is sufficent recordable space available on the memory.