Progressive Scan DVD Recorder with VHS VCR, SD Slot & 1080p Up-Conversion
Progressive Scan DVD Recorder with VHS VCR, SD Slot, ACCUTUNE 8482; Digital Tuner, 1080p Up-Conversion with HDMI, EZ Sync 8482; HDAVI Control & HDMI Simple Connection, and 2x LP Horizontal Resolution (500 lines)
- COMPATIBILITY: .
- Multi-Format Playback (Playable Disc Type) DVD, DVD-RAM, DVD-R/-RW, DVD-R(DL), +R/+R(DL)/+RW, CD, CD-R/RW
- DVD Playback Capability DVD-Video
- DVD-RAM Video Playback Capability DVD-VR, JPEG
DVD-R PlaybackCapability Yes
CD-R/RW PlaybackCapability CD-DA, MP3, JPEG, DivX®
MP3 PlaybackCapability Yes
- RECORDABLE DISCS: .
- Recordable Disc Type DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-R (DL), DVD-RW, +R, +R(DL), +RW
- DVD-RAM Ver 2.0 (2x speed), Ver 2.1 (2-3x speed), Ver 2.2 (2-5x speed)
- DVD-R Ver 2.0 (1x speed, 1-4x speed, 1-8x speed), Ver 2.1 (1-16x speed)
DVD-R (DL)Ver 3.0 (2-4x speed, 2-8x speed)
- DVD-RW Ver 1.1 (1x speed, 1-2x speed), Ver 1.2 (2-4x speed, 2-6x speed)
- +R Ver 1.0 (2.4x speed), Ver 1.1 (2.4-4x speed), Ver 1.2 (2.4-8x speed), for DL Ver 1.3 (2.4-16x speed)
- +R (DL) Ver 1.0 (2.4x speed), Ver 1.1 (2.4-8x speed)
- +RW Ver 1.1 (2.4x speed), Ver 1.2 (2.4-4x speed)
- CONVENIENCE: .
- EZ Sync™ HDAVI Control Y (HDAVI Control II)
Time Slip FunctionChasing PlaybackSimultaneous Record and PlayTime SlipTM Button
TV Guide On ScreenTM Program GuideNo
- Built-in VCR Yes
- Built-in Hard Disk Drive No
Relief Recordingto Hard Disk No
- One-Touch Record and Play Yes
- 1 Second Quick Start Yes, using DVD-RAM discs only
Rapid Random Access, Recording and Playback No
Selectable Recording ModesXP/SP/LP/EP
- On-Screen Menu Icons Yes
- Hi Speed Smooth Scan Y
- New Direct Navigator Yes
- Quick View Yes
- Bilingual Recording Yes
- Commercial Skip Yes
- VIDEO: .
- 2x LP Horizontal Resolution Recording Yes
- VHS Refresh Dubbing to DVD Yes
- Horizontal Resolution 500 lines
- Image Viewer/Storage (for memory cards) JPEG files
- AUDIO: .
- Dolby Digital® (Dolby AC-3) 2ch Audio Recording Yes
Advanced Surround (V.S.S.)Yes
- INPUT/OUTPUT: .
- Analog Audio (2 Ch) Input: LINE (pin jack) x 2
- A/V Inputs Y
- Video In LINE (pin jack) x 2
DV Input TerminalYes
- S-Video In S Connector x 2
- HDMI Interface Y (Ver. 1.3)
- Built-in SD Card Slot Yes
- 2ch Audio Out Yes
- A/V Outputs Y
- Component Video Out (Y, PB, PR) Y(DVD priority)
- S-Video Outputs S Connector x 1(DVD priority)
- Composite Video Outputs LINE (pin jack) x 2 (one is DVD priority)
- Digital Audio Out Optical (Dolby Digital, DTS, and PCM)
- SD MEMORY CARD SLOT .
Compatible MediaSD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card
- Image File Format FAT12, FAT16 (SD Memory Card) FAT32 (SDHC Memory Card)
- SD Image File Format JPEG conforming DCF (Design rule for Camera File System)
- Image File Number of Pixels 34 x 34 to 6,144 x 4096 (Sub sampling: 4:2:2 or 4:2:0)
- OTHER: .
- Power Source AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption Normal Use: Approx. 30WQuick Start ON: Approx. 14.0WShipping Condition: Approx. 2.4W
- Remote Control Y
- Model Color Black
- Color Black
- Recording Format (DVD-Ram) DVD Video Recording Format
- Recording Format (DVD-R, DVD-R(DL), DVD-RW) DVD-Video Format
Recording Time 4.7GB (Approximate)
XP Mode 1 hour, SP Mode 2 hours, LP Mode 4 hours,
EP Mode6/8 hours
Recording Time 8.5GB DVD-R DL/+R DL Disc (Approximate)
XP Mode 1 hour & 45 minutes, SP Mode 3 hours & 35 minutes, LP Mode 7 hours & 10 minutes,
EP Mode10 hours & 45 minutes/14 hours & 20 minutes
- TV Channel Analog/Digital Analog/Digital 2-69ch
- CATV Channel Analog/Digital Analog/Digital 1-135ch
- TV System NTSC color signal, 525 lines, 60 fields
- Recording System MPEG2 (Hybrid VBR)
- VHS Playable Format Hi-Fi, SQPB
- VHS Operations Repeat Play
- VHS Rec. Mode SP/EP/VP
- VHS Copying Way One-touch 2-way copying
- Operating Temperature 41-104°degrees
- Operating Humidity Range 35-80% RH (no condensation)
- 1080p Up-Conversion with HDMI Yes
- Digital Broadcast Capable-Built in ATSC Tuner Yes
- Automatic Program Information Acquisition Yes
- Long Time Recording with High Picture Quality (EP mode: 8 hours) Yes
- Real-Time Variable Bit Rate Control Yes
- Auto Drive Select Yes
- Auto DVD Disc Finalizing Yes
- JPEG & Video Recording on the same disc (DVD-RAM only) Yes
- Universal Design GUI (Graphic User Interface) Yes
- CPRM Recording Capability (DVD-RAM only) Yes
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 35/16'' x 1615/16'' x 135/8''
- Weight 11.66
- UPC 037988254798
- Version: UJ-225
Improved playback DVD+R media which was recorded by SONY DVD Recorder.
Optimization of track jump control for CD-RW.
Improvement of recording quality for DVD-R DL.
Enhances Closed Captioning display.
Enables the unit to the download the New V-Chip/Regional Rating Table (RRT).
Modification to improve VHS Timer Recording.
ATSC level meter indication improvement with weak signal.
Stops disc rotation when the [EJECT] button is pressed.
Countermeasure for occurred aging mode by remote control signal.
Protection against Drive unit fuse blowing due to customer Disc condition.
Improved HDMI function.
(Depends on TV) Upgrade program for next generation drive.
When recording program of 5.
1 channel audio, the center channel audio is not output.
The title information of the recorded program is not displayed correctly.
Hang-up sometimes occurs using JPEG of RAM disc on "Direct Navigator".
"Copying has been stopped" message is displayed on the "Status" screen.
"oooooo" is indicated continuously on power off after malfunction occurs.
DVD-Video is played back on indication of "oooooo" after power off using EZ-Sync.
- Release Date: 5-21-2008
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- Version: RRT
- Issues Addressed: The RRT Firmware will enable the DVD Recorder to download the new V-Chip Regional Rating Table data stream.
- Release Date: 12-19-2007
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
Why can't a rented disc play in my player?If you're having difficulty playing a disc that you have rented or borrowed, try a disc that you own to see if it plays. If it does play then there could be a problem with the borrowed or rented disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth to remove any fingerprints or smudges.
Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
What do I do in the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
Can I playback a DVD from another region other than Region "1", "0", or "play in all regions"?No, this device is unable to playback a DVD from other regions.