Progressive Scan DVD Recorder with VHS VCR, SD Slot & 1080p Up-Conversion
This item is currently not available.
Progressive Scan DVD Recorder with VHS VCR, SD Slot, ACCUTUNE 8482; Digital Tuner, 1080p Up-Conversion with HDMI, EZ Sync 8482; HDAVI Control & HDMI Simple Connection, and 2x LP Horizontal Resolution (500 lines)
|Your Favorite Moments As Large As Life
Bring back special moments and enjoy high-quality images. With a slot for your SD digital image memory card, you can create a slideshow of your favorite photos taken with your digital camera on your Pansonic plasma television.
One-Touch 2-Way Copying2 from VHS to DVD
Simply press a button and One-Touch 2-Way Copying lets you transfer material from VHS tapes to DVD discs3 and vice versa. This means you can easily record your entire video library onto DVD for a collection that takes up much less space. During tape-to-DVD copying, there's also a handy function that reads recording start (VISS) signals on a tape and automatically creates thumbnails on the DVD discs3.
Accurate Tuning Delivers Beautiful Images
The Accutune 8482 Digital Tuner is a high performance hybrid tuner capable of receiving both digital and analog broadcasts. It uses a signal processor to effectively control noise and distortion, and its proprietary matching circuits allow it to transform and separate digital or analog signals. When digital broadcast signals drop out, generally the picture either disappears or becomes filled with block-noise, but the Accutune 8482 Digital Tuner produces a beautiful picture even under difficult reception conditions, such as when there are obstacles interfering with direct signal access.
Enjoy HD Quality Images
With twice the horizontal resolution (500 lines vs. the 250-line standard of many other DVD recorders) when recording in LP mode, you can fit up to four hours of recordings on one DVD (4.7GB capacity) and still enjoy crisp, vibrant and exceptionally detailed images. 1080p up-conversion with HDMI converts video images to 1080p digital resolution for sharp, high-impact images.
Record and Play Almost Any DVD Format
Incredibly versatile and multi-format-friendly, you can record to and play back just about any DVD, including DVD-R/-RW/-RAM/+R/+RW discs, as well as DVD-Video, DVD-R (dual layer), DVD+R (dual layer), CD, CD-DA and CD-R/RW (including MP3 files). With a Panasonic DVD recorder, never think twice about what disc you need.
Get High-Resolution Progressive Playback
Panasonic DVD recorders are equipped with a high-precision progressive video processor that handles 30-frame progressive scan images1 on NTSC discs. This lets you enjoy high-resolution progressive playback of original DVD images.
Easy Connection and Control
Tired of tangled wires? HDMI Simple Connection lets you connect your components with one cable, while EZ Sync 8482 HDAVI Control means you can connect your DVD player to your Panasonic components and control operation with one touch of your remote.
- To enjoy a progressive scan picture, a TV with progressive scan capabilities must be used.
- One-Touch 2-Way Copying is possible with DVD discs that have not been finalized.
- DVD discs are DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW
- Advanced Television Systems Committee.
- Available for DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL DVD+RW discs.
- Official DivX Certified product. Plays all versions of DivX video (including DivX6) with standard playback of DivX media files. DivX, DivX Certified, and associated logos are trademarks of DivX, Inc. and are used under license. About DivX: DivX is a popular media technology created by DivX, Inc. DivX media files contain highly compressed video with high visual quality that maintains a relatively small file size.
- COMPATIBILITY: .
- Multi-Format Playback (Playable Disc Type) DVD, DVD-RAM, DVD-R/-RW, DVD-R(DL), +R/+R(DL)/+RW, CD, CD-R/RW
- DVD Playback Capability DVD-Video
- DVD-RAM Video Playback Capability DVD-VR, JPEG
DVD-R PlaybackCapability Yes
CD-R/RW PlaybackCapability CD-DA, MP3, JPEG, DivX®
MP3 PlaybackCapability Yes
- RECORDABLE DISCS: .
- Recordable Disc Type DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-R (DL), DVD-RW, +R, +R(DL), +RW
- DVD-RAM Ver 2.0 (2x speed), Ver 2.1 (2-3x speed), Ver 2.2 (2-5x speed)
- DVD-R Ver 2.0 (1x speed, 1-4x speed, 1-8x speed), Ver 2.1 (1-16x speed)
DVD-R (DL)Ver 3.0 (2-4x speed, 2-8x speed)
- DVD-RW Ver 1.1 (1x speed, 1-2x speed), Ver 1.2 (2-4x speed, 2-6x speed)
- +R Ver 1.0 (2.4x speed), Ver 1.1 (2.4-4x speed), Ver 1.2 (2.4-8x speed), for DL Ver 1.3 (2.4-16x speed)
- +R (DL) Ver 1.0 (2.4x speed), Ver 1.1 (2.4-8x speed)
- +RW Ver 1.1 (2.4x speed), Ver 1.2 (2.4-4x speed)
- CONVENIENCE: .
- EZ Sync™ HDAVI Control Y (HDAVI Control II)
Time Slip FunctionChasing PlaybackSimultaneous Record and PlayTime SlipTM Button
TV Guide On ScreenTM Program GuideNo
- Built-in VCR Yes
- Built-in Hard Disk Drive No
Relief Recordingto Hard Disk No
- One-Touch Record and Play Yes
- 1 Second Quick Start Yes, using DVD-RAM discs only
Rapid Random Access, Recording and Playback No
Selectable Recording ModesXP/SP/LP/EP
- On-Screen Menu Icons Yes
- Hi Speed Smooth Scan Y
- New Direct Navigator Yes
- Quick View Yes
- Bilingual Recording Yes
- Commercial Skip Yes
- VIDEO: .
- 2x LP Horizontal Resolution Recording Yes
- VHS Refresh Dubbing to DVD Yes
- Horizontal Resolution 500 lines
- Image Viewer/Storage (for memory cards) JPEG files
- AUDIO: .
- Dolby Digital® (Dolby AC-3) 2ch Audio Recording Yes
Advanced Surround (V.S.S.)Yes
- INPUT/OUTPUT: .
- Analog Audio (2 Ch) Input: LINE (pin jack) x 2
- A/V Inputs Y
- Video In LINE (pin jack) x 2
DV Input TerminalYes
- S-Video In S Connector x 2
- HDMI Interface Y (Ver. 1.3)
- Built-in SD Card Slot Yes
- 2ch Audio Out Yes
- A/V Outputs Y
- Component Video Out (Y, PB, PR) Y(DVD priority)
- S-Video Outputs S Connector x 1(DVD priority)
- Composite Video Outputs LINE (pin jack) x 2 (one is DVD priority)
- Digital Audio Out Optical (Dolby Digital, DTS, and PCM)
- SD MEMORY CARD SLOT .
Compatible MediaSD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card
- Image File Format FAT12, FAT16 (SD Memory Card) FAT32 (SDHC Memory Card)
- SD Image File Format JPEG conforming DCF (Design rule for Camera File System)
- Image File Number of Pixels 34 x 34 to 6,144 x 4096 (Sub sampling: 4:2:2 or 4:2:0)
- OTHER: .
- Power Source AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption Normal Use: Approx. 30WQuick Start ON: Approx. 14.0WShipping Condition: Approx. 2.4W
- Remote Control Y
- Model Color Black
- Color Black
- Recording Format (DVD-Ram) DVD Video Recording Format
- Recording Format (DVD-R, DVD-R(DL), DVD-RW) DVD-Video Format
Recording Time 4.7GB (Approximate)
XP Mode 1 hour, SP Mode 2 hours, LP Mode 4 hours,
EP Mode6/8 hours
Recording Time 8.5GB DVD-R DL/+R DL Disc (Approximate)
XP Mode 1 hour & 45 minutes, SP Mode 3 hours & 35 minutes, LP Mode 7 hours & 10 minutes,
EP Mode10 hours & 45 minutes/14 hours & 20 minutes
- TV Channel Analog/Digital Analog/Digital 2-69ch
- CATV Channel Analog/Digital Analog/Digital 1-135ch
- TV System NTSC color signal, 525 lines, 60 fields
- Recording System MPEG2 (Hybrid VBR)
- VHS Playable Format Hi-Fi, SQPB
- VHS Operations Repeat Play
- VHS Rec. Mode SP/EP/VP
- VHS Copying Way One-touch 2-way copying
- Operating Temperature 41-104°degrees
- Operating Humidity Range 35-80% RH (no condensation)
- 1080p Up-Conversion with HDMI Yes
- Digital Broadcast Capable-Built in ATSC Tuner Yes
- Automatic Program Information Acquisition Yes
- Long Time Recording with High Picture Quality (EP mode: 8 hours) Yes
- Real-Time Variable Bit Rate Control Yes
- Auto Drive Select Yes
- Auto DVD Disc Finalizing Yes
- JPEG & Video Recording on the same disc (DVD-RAM only) Yes
- Universal Design GUI (Graphic User Interface) Yes
- CPRM Recording Capability (DVD-RAM only) Yes
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 35/16'' x 1615/16'' x 135/8''
- Weight 11.66