Progressive Scan DVD Recorder with Playback and DV Input, Silver
Progressive Scan DVD Recorder with ACCUTUNE 8482; Digital Tuner, 2x LP Horizontal Resolution (500 lines), Super Multi-Format Recording & Playback and DV Input, Silver
- COMPATIBILITY: .
- Multi-Format Playback (Playable Disc Type) DVD, DVD-RAM, DVD-R/-RW, DVD-R(DL), +R/+R(DL)/+RW, CD, CD-R/RW
- DVD Playback Capability DVD-Video
- DVD-RAM Video Playback Capability DVD-VR
DVD-R PlaybackCapability DVD-Video, DVD-VR(DVD-RW only)
DVD-R (DL)Playback Capability DVD-Video
+R/ +R (DL), +RW Playback Capability Video
CD-R/RW PlaybackCapability CD-DA, MP3, JPEG
MP3 PlaybackCapability Yes
- RECORDABLE DISCS: .
- Recordable Disc Type DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-R (DL), DVD-RW, +R, +R(DL), +RW
- DVD-RAM Ver 2.0 (2x speed), Ver 2.1 (2-3x speed), Ver 2.2 (2-5x speed)
- DVD-R Ver 2.0 (1x speed, 1-4x speed, 1-8x speed), Ver 2.1 (1-16x speed)
DVD-R (DL)Ver 3.0 (2-4x speed, 2-8x speed)
- DVD-RW Ver 1.1 (1x speed, 1-2x speed), Ver 1.2 (2-4x speed, 2-6x speed)
- +R Ver 1.0 (2.4x speed), Ver 1.1 (2.4-4x speed), Ver 1.2 (2.4-8x speed), for DL Ver 1.3 (2.4-16x speed)
- +R (DL) Ver 1.0 (2.4x speed), Ver 1.1 (2.4-8x speed)
- +RW Ver 1.1 (2.4x speed), Ver 1.2 (2.4-4x speed)
- CONVENIENCE: .
- EZ Sync™ HDAVI Control No
Time Slip FunctionChasing PlaybackSimultaneous Record and PlayTime SlipTM Button
TV Guide On ScreenTM Program GuideNo
- Built-in VCR No
- Built-in Hard Disk Drive No
Relief Recordingto Hard Disk No
- One-Touch Record and Play Yes
- 1 Second Quick Start Yes, using DVD-RAM discs only
Rapid Random Access, Recording and Playback No
Selectable Recording ModesXP/SP/LP/EP
- On-Screen Menu Icons Yes
- Hi Speed Smooth Scan Y
- New Direct Navigator Yes
- Quick View Yes
- Bilingual Recording Yes
- Commercial Skip Yes
- VIDEO: .
- 2x LP Horizontal Resolution Recording Yes
- VHS Refresh Dubbing to DVD No
- Horizontal Resolution 500 lines
- Image Viewer/Storage (for memory cards) JPEG files
- AUDIO: .
- Dolby Digital® (Dolby AC-3) 2ch Audio Recording Yes
Advanced Surround (V.S.S.)Yes
- INPUT/OUTPUT: .
- Analog Audio (2 Ch) Input: LINE (pin jack) x 2
- A/V Inputs Y
- Video In LINE (pin jack) x 2
DV Input TerminalYes
- S-Video In S Connector x 2
- HDMI Interface No
- Built-in SD Card Slot No
- 2ch Audio Out Yes
- A/V Outputs Y
- Component Video Out (Y, PB, PR) Yes
- S-Video Outputs 1
- Composite Video Outputs LINE (pin jack) x 1
- Digital Audio Out Optical (Dolby Digital, DTS, and PCM)
- SD MEMORY CARD SLOT .
- Image File Format No
- SD Image File Format No
- Image File Number of Pixels No
- OTHER: .
- Power Source AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption Normal Use: Approx. 24WQuick Start ON: Approx. 14.1WShipping Condition: Approx. 2.4W
- Remote Control Y
- Model Color Silver
- Color Silver
- Recording Format (DVD-Ram) DVD Video Recording Format
- Recording Format (DVD-R, DVD-R(DL), DVD-RW) DVD-Video Format
Recording Time 4.7GB (Approximate)
XP Mode 1 hour, SP Mode 2 hours, LP Mode 4 hours,
EP Mode6/8 hours
Recording Time 8.5GB DVD-R DL/+R DL Disc (Approximate)
XP Mode 1 hour & 45 minutes, SP Mode 3 hours & 35 minutes, LP Mode 7 hours & 10 minutes,
EP Mode10 hours & 45 minutes/14 hours & 20 minutes
- TV Channel Analog/Digital Analog/Digital 2-69ch
- CATV Channel Analog/Digital Analog/Digital 1-135ch
- TV System NTSC color signal, 525 lines, 60 fields
- Recording System MPEG2 (Hybrid VBR)
- VHS Playable Format No
- VHS Operations No
- VHS Rec. Mode No
- VHS Copying Way No
- Operating Temperature 41-104°degrees
- Operating Humidity Range 35-80% RH (no condensation)
- 1080p Up-Conversion with HDMI No
- Digital Broadcast Capable-Built in ATSC Tuner Yes
- Automatic Program Information Acquisition Yes
- Long Time Recording with High Picture Quality (EP mode: 8 hours) Yes
- Real-Time Variable Bit Rate Control Yes
- Auto Drive Select No
- Auto DVD Disc Finalizing Yes
- JPEG & Video Recording on the same disc (DVD-RAM only) No
- Universal Design GUI (Graphic User Interface) Yes
- CPRM Recording Capability (DVD-RAM only) Yes
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 23/8'' x 16-15-16'' x 915/16''
- Weight 6.16
- UPC 037988254743
- Version: U7-426
When the self-recorded RW is inserted or removed, an error message is displayed.
During DVD-RW timer recording, if [STOP] is pressed during the recording, hang up may occur.
During DVD-RW timer recording, deck reboot may occur.
During playback of DVD-Video with Closed Caption (CC) subtitle, when [DISPLAY] is pressed twice, CC subtitle doesn't remain displayed.
There is a case that hang-up occurs at [FF] or [REW] after playback from Direct Navigator".
There is not "DVD Management" items in "Function" menu by DVD-RW made by other recorder.
Timer recording is not performed if reservation screen starts 1 minute before the timer recording starts.
Hang-up happens when management screen is opened immediately after DVD-R insertion.
Counter-measure for occurred aging mode by remote control signal.
Put protection for Drive unit fuse blow due to customer Disc condition.
Upgrade program for next generation drive.
When recording program with 5.1 channel audio, the center channel audio is not output.
The title information of the recorded program is not displayed correctly.
ATSC level meter indication improvement with weak signal.
Stops disc rotation when the [EJECT] button is pressed.
Enhances Closed Captioning display.
Enables the unit to the download the New V-Chip/Regional Rating Table (RRT).
Improved playback DVDR media which was recorded by SONY DVD Recorder.
Optimization of track jump control for CD-RW.
Improvement of recording quality for DVD-R DL."
- Release Date: 5-21-2008
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- Version: RRT
- Issues Addressed: The RRT Firmware will enable the DVD Recorder to download the new V-Chip Regional Rating Table data stream.
- Release Date: 5-21-2008
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
Why can't a rented disc play in my player?If you're having difficulty playing a disc that you have rented or borrowed, try a disc that you own to see if it plays. If it does play then there could be a problem with the borrowed or rented disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth to remove any fingerprints or smudges.
Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
What do I do in the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
Can I playback a DVD from another region other than Region "1", "0", or "play in all regions"?No, this device is unable to playback a DVD from other regions.