Progressive-Scan DVD Recorder
Progressive-Scan DVD Recorder with DV Input, Silver - Records to DVD-RAM/-R/-RW/+R Discs
- Multi-Format Playback (Playable Disc Type) DVD: DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW CD: CD (CDDA), Video CD, CD-R/RW (including MP3 and JPEG files)
- DVD-RAM Video Playback Capability Yes
DVD-R PlaybackCapability Yes
CD-R/RW PlaybackCapability Yes
MP3 PlaybackCapability Yes
- Recordable Disc Type DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R
Time Slip FunctionChasing PlaybackSimultaneous Record and PlayTime SlipTM Button
TV Guide On ScreenTM Program GuideNo
- Built-in Hard Disk Drive No
Relief Recordingto Hard Disk No
- One-Touch Record and Play Yes
- 1 Second Quick Start Yes, using DVD-RAM discs only
Rapid Random Access, Recording and Playback Yes, with DVD-RAM discs
Selectable Recording ModesXP/SP/LP/EP/FR
- Quick View Yes
- Flexible Recording (FR Mode) Yes
- Bilingual Recording Yes, DVD-RAM disc only
- 2x LP Horizontal Resolution Recording Yes, records 500 lines of horizontal resolution in LP mode
- VHS Refresh Dubbing to DVD Yes
- 4x Natural Gradation Yes
- Picture Quality Improvement Functions Real-Time Variable Bit Rate Control Integrated Noise Reduction(NR) Visibility Modulation Technology
- Video D/A Converter 54MHz/12-bit
- Black Level Control Yes
- Horizontal Resolution More than 500 lines
- Dolby Digital® (Dolby AC-3) 2ch Audio Recording Yes
S-Video Inputs: 2 (1 front)
Composite Video Inputs: 2 (1 front)
Audio L/R Inputs: 2 (1 front)
RF Inputs: 1 (VHF/UHF)
DV Input TerminalYes
- PC Card Slot No
- Built-in SD Card Slot No
- Component Video Out (Y, PB, PR) Yes
- S-Video Outputs 1
- Optical Digital Output for DTS® & Dolby Digital® Surround Sound Yes
- Power Source AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption 23W (9W in standby mode)
- Remote Control Universal (TV/DVD)
- Color Silver
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2 1/2'' x 16 15/16'' x 9 27/32''
- Weight 5.62 lbs
Firmware & Drivers FIRMWARE
- Version: U3-161
DVD-Video unplayable due to region code change.
Picture separation due to Interlace to Progressive change.
Remote code change.
Fixing of Auto Clock Setting (ACS) problem.
Fixing of weekly/daily schedule recording problem.
Countermeasure for matter that finalized DVD-R recorded fully cannot be played back with DVD player software of PC.
Countermeasure for matter which timer recording sometimes does not work after daily scheduled recording.
Countermeasure for matter which flexible recording does not work correctly under specific conditions.
Countermeasure for matter which bit rate of flexible recording mode is not correct in case of schedule recording past 12:00 AM. (ex. 11:30 PM
Countermeasure for matter which "!" is displayed even if remaining time is enough under specific conditions.
Countermeasure for only a part of reservation is executed in case of setting a scheduled recording for two or more programs a week.
U99 is displayed after reading of "Search and Rescue" as DVD-Video.
- Release Date: 11-6-2007
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
Why can't a rented disc play in my player?If you're having difficulty playing a disc that you have rented or borrowed, try a disc that you own to see if it plays. If it does play then there could be a problem with the borrowed or rented disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth to remove any fingerprints or smudges.
Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
What do I do in the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
Can I playback a DVD from another region other than Region "1", "0", or "play in all regions"?No, this device is unable to playback a DVD from other regions.