Progressive Scan DVD Video Recorder
Progressive Scan DVD Video Recorder with Built-in 100 GB Hard Disk and TV Guide On Screen™ - Records to DVD-RAM/-R/-RW/+R Discs
- Multi-Format Playback (Playable Disc Type) DVD: DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW CD: CD (CDDA), Video CD, CD-R/RW (including MP3 and JPEG files)
- DVD-RAM Video Playback Capability Yes
DVD-R PlaybackCapability Yes
CD-R/RW PlaybackCapability Yes
MP3 PlaybackCapability Yes
- Recordable Disc Type DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R
Time Slip FunctionChasing Playback
Simultaneous Record and Play
Time SlipTM Button
TV Guide On ScreenTM Program GuideYes
- Built-in Hard Disk Drive 100 GB (stores up to 177 hours of programming in EP mode)
Relief Recordingto Hard Disk Yes
- One-Touch Record and Play Yes
- 1 Second Quick Start Yes, using DVD-RAM discs or the built-in hard drive
Rapid Random Access, Recording and Playback Yes, with Hard Drive and DVD-RAM discs
Selectable Recording ModesXP/SP/LP/EP/FR
- Quick View Yes
- Flexible Recording (FR Mode) Yes
- Bilingual Recording Yes, Hard Disk and DVD-RAM disc only
- 2x LP Horizontal Resolution Recording Yes, records 500 lines of horizontal resolution in LP mode
- VHS Refresh Dubbing to DVD Yes
- 4x Natural Gradation Yes
Picture Quality Improvement Functions
Real-Time Variable Bit Rate Control
Integrated Noise Reduction(NR)
Visibility Modulation Technology
- Video D/A Converter 54MHz/12-bit
- Black Level Control Yes
- Horizontal Resolution More than 500 lines
- Dolby Digital® (Dolby AC-3) 2ch Audio Recording Yes
S-Video Inputs: 3 (1 front)
Composite Video Inputs: 3 (1 front)
Audio L/R Inputs: 3 (1 front)
RF Inputs: 1 (VHF/UHF)
DV Input TerminalNo
- PC Card Slot No
- Built-in SD Card Slot Yes
Component Video Outputs (Y, PB, PR): 1
S-Video Outputs: 2
Audio L/R Outputs: 2
RF Outputs (VHF/UHF): 1
- Component Video Out (Y, PB, PR) Yes
- S-Video Outputs 2
- Optical Digital Output for DTS® & Dolby Digital® Surround Sound Yes
- SD Card Playable File Formats Still Picture: JPEG & TIFF
- Power Source AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption 31W (14W in standby mode)
- Remote Control Universal (TV/DVD) with Smart Wheel
- Color Silver
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2 1/2'' x 16 15/16'' x 13 13/16''
- Weight 9.92 lbs.
- Version: UA-340
Improvement of performance for DVD-R/+R and DVD-RW.
Countermeasure for OPU lens tarnish by optimizing focus actuator drive system.
Improve performance for DVD-RW/ -R/ +R.
Countermeasure for that data was rarely recorded on wrong position when Audio/Video Stream is recorded on HDD which has much fragmentation and is recorded almost fully.
Countermeasure for that Audio/Video Stream data was occasionally read from wrong position when a file (program) which has much fragmentation is played back.
Countermeasure of freezing or picture darkness on DVD playback through set top box made by Scientific Atlanta Model# Explorer 3250.
- Release Date: 11-6-2007
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
Why can't a rented disc play in my player?If you're having difficulty playing a disc that you have rented or borrowed, try a disc that you own to see if it plays. If it does play then there could be a problem with the borrowed or rented disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth to remove any fingerprints or smudges.
Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
What do I do in the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
Can I playback a DVD from another region other than Region "1", "0", or "play in all regions"?No, this device is unable to playback a DVD from other regions.