Progressive Scan DVD Video Recorder
Progressive Scan DVD Video Recorder with Built-in 160 GB Hard Disk and TV Guide On Screen™ - Records to DVD-RAM and DVD-R discs
- Multi-Format Playback (Playable Disc Type) DVD-Video, DVD-Audio (2-channel), DVD-RAM, DVD-R, Video CD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW
- DVD-RAM Video Playback Capability Yes
DVD-R PlaybackCapability Yes
CD-R/RW PlaybackCapability Yes
MP3 PlaybackCapability Yes
- Recordable Disc Type DVD-RAM, DVD-R
Time Slip FunctionChasing Playback
Simultaneous Record and Play
Time SlipTM Button
TV Guide On ScreenTM Program GuideYes
- Built-in Hard Disk Drive 160 GB (stores up to 284 hours of programming in EP mode)
Relief Recordingto Hard Disk Yes
- One-Touch Record and Play Yes
Rapid Random Access, Recording and Playback Yes, with Hard Drive and DVD-RAM discs
- Auto Renewal Recording No
Selectable Recording ModesXP/SP/LP/EP/FR
- New Direct Navigator Yes
- Quick View Yes
- Bilingual Recording Yes, Hard Disk and DVD-RAM disc only
Picture Quality Improvement Functions
3D Y/C Separation
3D Noise Reduction
Block Noise Reduction
Mosquito Noise Reduction
- Video D/A Converter 54MHz/10-bit
- Picture Control Brightness, Color, Contrast, Gamma
- Black Level Control Yes
- Horizontal Resolution More than 500 lines
- Image Viewer/Storage (for memory cards) JPEG & TIFF files
- MPEG2 Encoding with Hybrid VBR (Variable Bit Rate) Technology Yes
- Dolby Digital® (Dolby AC-3) 2ch Audio Recording Yes
- Audio Recording Level Control No
Advanced Surround (V.S.S.)Yes
- Audio D/A Converter 96kHz/24-bit
Composite Video Inputs: 3 (RCA)
S-Video Inputs: 3
Audio L/R Inputs: 3 (RCA)
RF Inputs: 1 (UHF/VHF)
DV Input TerminalYes
- PC Card Slot Compatible with Standard PC Card, SD Memory Card, CompactFlash Card, MultiMediaCard, Smart Media Card, and Memory Stick
- Built-in SD Card Slot Yes
- 2ch Audio Out Yes
- A/V Outputs 2 (RCA)
- Component Video Out (Y, PB, PR) Switchable (480P/480I)
- S-Video Outputs 2
- Composite Video Outputs 2 (RCA)
- Optical Digital Output for DTS® & Dolby Digital® Surround Sound Yes
- Digital Audio Out Optical (Dolby Digital, DTS, and PCM)
- SD Card Playable File Formats Still Picture: JPEG & TIFF
- Power Source AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption 39W (15W in standby mode)
- Remote Control Universal (TV/DVD)
- Model Color Silver
- Color Silver
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 3 1/8'' x 16 15/16'' x 11 15/32''
- Weight 9.9 lbs.
- Version: DR-070
Some DVD-Video disc does not playback due to new copy control.
We do not assure playability of DVD-R but playback is available.
DVD-RAM x 16 disc start NG.
Improvement of playability against high-reflection detection for DVD-ROM.
Improvement of playability against DVD-ROM discs with fingerprint.
Correction of version of FVU (since 5.Jun.2006).
Countermeasure of freezing or picture darkness on DVD playback through STB BOX MADE BY Scientific Atlanta as Model#:SA3250.
- Release Date: 11-6-2007
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
Why can't a rented disc play in my player?If you're having difficulty playing a disc that you have rented or borrowed, try a disc that you own to see if it plays. If it does play then there could be a problem with the borrowed or rented disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth to remove any fingerprints or smudges.
Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
What do I do in the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
Can I playback a DVD from another region other than Region "1", "0", or "play in all regions"?No, this device is unable to playback a DVD from other regions.