Smart Network 3D Blu-ray Disc™ Player DMP-BDT271 with HDMI 2.0 cable
- Up-convert Blu-ray™ to 4K Ultra HD equivalent, convert 2D to 3D
- Enjoy sports, games and multi-media via built-in WiFi
- Easily view your smartphone/tablet content with Miracast™
- Includes HDMI 2.0 cable
DMP-BDT271 is rated out of 5 by 8.
Rated 2 out of 5 by Anonymous from Technical issues Price is great because of my employee discount, product is below average, screens lock up from day 1
Date published: 2016-03-30
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Updated Review after two weeks of use The positives: the picture is great with blue ray DVD's and Netflix. I used the Miracast feature with my windows phone and found it works quite well. This player has a lot of good features. Negatives: I can see where other reviewers were turned off when using the remote control to navigate through the menus. This player has 'frozen' on a number of occasions. When it does, I have to disconnect the AC power cord and re-plug to get the unit to work again. Usually, it does what it is supposed to do and other times it is very slow to respond to remote control commands. Overall: When it works, it works great. I do find the player a bit annoying with the 'inconsistent' remote control command response. For me, it's not a deal breaker. I enjoy the video quality and that's what I bought it for. I do wish it worked better. My overall impression of the player is that it was not ready for production. The other Panasonic products I own and have owned have always performed very well.
Date published: 2016-01-25
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Worst Blue-Ray Ever Problems with Blue-Ray right out of the box. Very Slow and at times unresponsive. Installed update using a wired connection and blue-ray confirmed update was successful. Im not so sure though because after the update it never worked again.
Date published: 2016-01-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from I have used Panasonic equipment for many years, and my expectations for this 3D Blu-ray disc player were fulfilled. The remote control is small, but it works well with careful use.
Date published: 2016-01-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from High quality and very reliable as is a trademark of Panasonic.
Date published: 2016-01-01
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from DMP-BDT271 Many feature but did not need them as the TV was already a smart tv. Good price and easy to set up
Date published: 2015-12-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Addicted to panasonic products I will start out with the negative first and that is the way it was shipped. The product could have been very easily stolen from our front porch due to the fact that the player was in its regular retail box and not placed inside of a plain box with no markings. That being said I have nothing but positives about the player. It is about 3/4 the size of our previous Panasonic Blu ray and packs a lot of features such as Netflix. The streaming is seamless and the signal has to travel quite a distance from the router to the player. I really did not have to read the instructions very deeply because I have other devices such as smart tvs that are set up very similarly. I have not utilized all features but am confident that we will be pleased. I also own health products under the Panasonic name and never have been dissatisfied. I will continue to seek Panasonic products because I firmly believe that you get the best bang for the buck.
Date published: 2015-12-16
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from great picture! Setup was easy and it staying connected to the WiFI with no issues. We put in a older DVD that was 4:3. It up converted the movie and it look great! I couldn't tell it wasn't a BlueRay disk. The menu is the only thing I thing that Panasonic could have been done a better job on. You have to go through a few icons to get to the Apps and your not sure your headed in the right direction to get there.
Date published: 2015-12-11
What do I do if the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
What should I do if my Blu-ray player freezes or locks-up?If your Blu-ray player is not responding then do as follows:
1. Unplug all cables and USB devices from the player.
2. Unplug the power, wait about 30 seconds then reconnect.
We recommend connecting the player (wired) to your network and attempt updating its Firmware again.
What can I do if I am have difficulties accessing Netflix?For Netflix related problems please do the following:
1. Connect your player to your Wired / Wireless network.2. Check to ensure that your player is set to your current "Time Zone". The wrong "Time Zone" may cause connectivity issues. To check the Time Zone, go to "Setup" -> "Player Settings" -> "Network" -> "Network Settings" -> "Network Service Settings" -> "Time Zone".3. Click the [Netflix] button on your players remote to launch the Netflix application. If Netflix does not load what is the error message displayed?4. If you experience an error in connection do the following: "Setup" -> "Player Settings" -> "Network" -> "Network Settings" -> "IP Address/DNS Settings" -> "DNS Auto Configuration". Change this setting from "On" to "Off" then change your "Primary DNS" to 18.104.22.168 and your "Secondary DNS" to 22.214.171.124.5. Check to see if other Apps are able to be accessed. If other Apps can be accessed and Netflix is the only App not loading, this may be a Netflix issue.
How do I activate my Netflix account?Start by pressing the Netflix button on your remote or select the App showing on screen. If you do not already have an existing Netflix account you'll see an option on Netflix screen offering a free month. "Start your Free Month" should already be highlighted. Navigate to the form and Click [OK] and fill out the information as required on the screen.