Smart Network Blu-Ray Disc™ Player DMP-BD87
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Netflix®, CinemaNow, VUDU, Hulu+, YouTube Streaming
- Ultra Fast Booting and Loading
- FULL HD 3D -
- BD-Video yes
- BD-RE/ BD-RE DL (Ver.3)
- MPO -
- BD-R/ BD-R DL (Ver.2)
- MKV yes
- DVD-Video yes
- DVD-R/ DVD-R DL/ DVD-RW
- DVD-Video yes *1
- DVD Video Recording yes *1
- AVCHD yes *1
- FLAC yes *1 (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
MP3yes *1*2 (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- MKV yes *1 (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
JPEGyes *1 (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- MPO -
- +R/ +R DL/ +RW
- Video yes *1
- AVCHD yes *1
- CD, CD-R/ -RW
- CD-DA yes (-RW*3)
- FLAC yes (-RW*3)
- MKV yes (-RW*3)
- MPO -
- Dolby® Digital Plus/ Dolby® TrueHD yes Decode（2ch) and Bitstream Output*4
- DTS™-HD Master Audio Essential/ DTS™-HD High Resolution Audio yes Decode and Bitstream Output*4
SD Memory Card
- Slot -
- MPO -
- MPEG2 / AVCHD -
- Slot yes
- Front For Playback
- Rear -
- USB Standard USB 2.0 High Speed
- FLAC yes
- MKV/ MP4 yes
- MPO -
High Quality Picture
- Adaptive Chroma Processing -
- 2D-3D Conversion -
- 3D Effect Controller -
- Full HD Up Sampling (New P4HD) -
1080/24p Playbackyes *5
- Deep Color yes
- x.v.Color yes *6
High Quality Sound
- TWIN HDMI -
- Pure Audio on HDMI -
- High Clarity Sound Plus -
- Digital Tube Sound -
- Audio D/A Converter 192kHz/24bit
- Analog 7.1ch Output -
96kHz Surround Re-Master-
Easy to Use
- Touch Pad Remote -
- Smartphone Remote Control -
- Smart Sensor for Eco Quick Start -
- Multi-User Mode/ Stylish GUI / Wallpaper yes
VIERA Link™ (HDAVI Control 5)- (HDMI-CEC)
- VIERA Connect™ -
- Wireless LAN System yes (Built-in)
- DLNA (DMP&DMR) Function yes
- Network Drive Access yes
- BD-Live™ yes *11
- HDMI Output yes
- Video Output yes
- Optical Output -
- Coaxial Output -
- Analog Audio Output 2ch
- LAN (Ethernet) Terminal yes (for DLNA, BD-Live™*11, IP Service and Firmware Update)
- Video System NTSC
- Audio S/N 90dB
- Dynamic Range 90dB
Power SupplyAC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption
- Normal Use[Approx.] 15W
- Standby - Quick Start Off[Approx.] 0.5W
- Standby - Quick Start On[Approx.] 5.0W
- Main Unit[Approx.]
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 16-15/16 x 1-7/16 x 7-27/32 inch*13
- Weight [Approx.] 3.3 lbs.
- NOTE *1 Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices. / *2 For contents recorded disc media from CDs for your personal use. / *3 Playability may vary depending on the contents, discs and quality of the recording. / *4 HDMI connection required. / *5 For BD,DVD and VOD via HDMI in BBT01, BDT500, BDT320 and BDT220. For BD via HDMI in BD87 and BD77. / *6 This function is effective only when reproducing AVCHD data recorded with x.v.Color technology. The function cannot be used with BD-ROM or DVD-ROM discs. HDMI connection is required.x.v.Color is a registered trademark. / *7 CD sampling is done at 88.2 kHz. MP3 data can be re-mastered only on CD. / *8 Requires the device with the App installed and the player to be connected to the same home network. / *9 Requires broadband Internet service. / *10 With purchase of Wireless LAN Adaptor DY-WL5. / *11 To enjoy content, you will need to insert an SD card in BBT01, BDT500, BDT320 and BDT220 or USB flash drive in BD87 and BD77 (1GB or more of free space/ sold separately). Requires broadband Internet service. / *12 Using included AC adaptor. / *13 Excluding the projecting parts and the pedestal. / *Specifications are subject to change without notice. Weight and dimensions are approximate.
- UPC 885170067400
- Version: 1.46
Network Service update to support CinemaNow
Playability of Blu-ray Disc™
Improves stability of system
HDMI compatibility System Stability
- Release Date: 10-8-2013
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
What do I do in the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
What should I do if my Blu-ray player freezes or locks-up?If your Blu-ray player is not responding then do as follows:
1. Unplug all cables and USB devices from the player.
2. Unplug the power, wait about 30 seconds then reconnect.
We recommend connecting the player (wired) to your network and attempt updating its Firmware again.
Why is a "No Read" error message appearing on my players display?
Ensure that the surface of the disc is not dirty, scratched or smudged, or try another disc and see what happens. If the product is unable to play all discs, then it will require servicing.
If you elect to have your Blu-ray Player, DVD Recorder or Home Theater System serviced, please contact Panasonic via email before sending your unit in at email@example.com. Be sure and provide the model number of your player and a description of what is wrong with the unit. This condition is usually a repair issue and depending on the units age it may or may not be possible due to parts availability.Click here to submit a repair request. Be sure to have your model number directly from your device and include any hyphens or suffixes ex. DMC-G1A.
If you decide to have your player serviced:
Ship your product to:
Panasonic Factory Service Center
4900 George McVay Drive
Suite B; Door-12
McAllen, TX 78503
Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted.
Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).
Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.
Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:
Please reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Why does the message, "SET1", "SET2" or "SET3", display on the player when I press a button on the remote control?The remote control and main unit are using different codes. On the remote control, press and hold [OPTION] and the following button at the same time for more than 5 seconds depending on the indication SET 1: [G], SET 2: [B], SET 3: [Y].
On the remote control, press and hold [OK] and the corresponding number ,  or  for "SET 1", "SET 2" or "SET 3" respectively.