Smart Network Blu-ray Disc™ Player DMP-BD81
- Enjoy multi-format playback via Blu-ray, DVD, CD and USB
- Stream music in Dolby® Digital sound
- Create personalized TV home screens with Multi-User Mode
- WiFi LAN adaptor for smart networking features sold separately
Firmware & Drivers
- How to Change a Movie's Audio Soundtrack
- How to Lock a Player's Networking Features
- How to Update the Player's Firmware
- How to Connect the Blu-ray Player, Theater System and TV
- How to Connect a Blu-ray Player using an Optical Audio Cable
- How to Log In and Search on Netflix
- How to Register with Amazon Video on Demand.
- How to Complete a Full Reset Procedure.
- First Time Setup
- How to Perform a Network Connection Test
- How to Navigate Internet Content
- How to Change the Web Browser's Search Engine.
- How to Access Internet Content
- How to Log into Your Facebokk Account.
- How to Log into Your Pandora Account.
- How to Lock Internet Applications
- How to Connect a Mobile Device to the VIERA Connect Youtube App.
- How to Turn On Subtitles in Netflix
- How to Change Audio in Netflix
- How to log into your Netflix account for the first time.
- Troubleshooting your Blu-ray Player connection with your Home Network
- How to Connect External Devices to your TV
- FULL HD 3D/ BD-Video yes
- BD-RE/ BD-RE DL (Ver.3)
- JPEG/ MPO yes/ -
- DVD-Video yes
- DVD-R*1/ DVD-R DL*1/ DVD-RW*1
- DVD-Video/ DVD Video Recording yes
- FLAC/ WAV/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3 yes (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- JPEG/ MPO yes/ - (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- +R*1/ +R DL*1/ +RW*1
- Video/ AVCHD yes
- CD, CD-R/ -RW
- CD-DA yes
- FLAC/ WAV/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3 yes
- JPEG/ MPO yes/ -
- Dolby® Digital / Dolby® TrueHD yes, Decode (2ch) and Bitstream Output*2
- DTS™-HD Master Audio Essential/ DTS™-HD High Resolution Audio yes, (Decode and Bitstream Output*2)
- Slot yes
- USB Standard USB 2.0 High Speed
- FLAC/ WAV/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3 yes
- JPEG/ MPO yes/ -
HIGH QUALITY PICTURE
- Video on Demand in HD Quality yes
- Deep Color yes
- x.v.Color yes*4
HIGH QUALITY SOUND
- High Quality Network Audio Playback yes
- Multi-User Mode/ Stylish GUI/ Wallpaper yes
- Internet Apps yes (Simple)*6
- Wireless LAN System Capable with Optional Adaptor*7
- External HDD Playback yes*8
- BD-Live™ yes*9
- HDMI Output yes
- Video Output -
- Analog Audio Output -
- LAN (Ethernet) Terminal yes (for DLNA, BD-LiveTM*9, Internet AppsTM (Simple)*6 and Firmware Update)
- Video System NTSC
Power SupplyAC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption
- Normal Use [Approx.] 11W*10
- Power Consumption - Standby
- Quick Start Off [Approx.] 0.5W*10
- Quick Start On [Approx.] 3.5W*10
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 12-5/16 x 1-11/16 x 7-2/16 inch(312 x 43 x 180 mm)*11
- Weight [Approx.] 2.2 lbs. (1.0 kg)
- NOTE *1 Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices. / *2 HDMI connection required. / *3 Only Full-HD and SD 24p content can be up-converted for 4K2K resolution. For 4K Up-scaling playback a TV with same resolution is required. / *4 This function is effective only when reproducing AVCHD data recorded with x.v.Color technology. The function cannot be used with BD-ROM or DVD-ROM discs. HDMI connection is required. / *5 Compatible with Android™ devices, Ver. 4.2 and above and Miracast certified. For information on whether the smartphone, etc. supports Miracast, contact the manufacturer of the device. / *6 Requires broadband Internet service. / *7 With the purchase of Wireless LAN Adaptor DY-WL5. / *8 The external HDD with capacities of 2TB or less in processing NTFS/ FAT32 data is supported. Playback is not possible with some external hard disk drives. / *9 To enjoy content, you will need to insert a USB flash drive (1GB or more of free space/ sold separately). Requires broadband Internet service. / *10 Using included AC adaptor. / *11 Excluding the projecting parts and the pedestal.
- WARNING The recording and playback of content on this or any other device may require permission from the owner of the copyright or other such rights in that content. Panasonic has no authority to and does not grant you that permission and explicitly disclaims any right, ability or intention to obtain such permission on your behalf. It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of this or any other device complies with applicable copyright legislation in your country. Please refer to that legislation for more information on the relevant laws and regulations involved or contact the owner of the rights in the content you wish to record or playback. Playability may vary depending on the contents, discs and quality of the recording. For content recorded for your personal use. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- TRADEMARK NOTICE Blu-ray Disc™, Blu-ray™ and the logos are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association. / "AVCHD" and the "AVCHD" logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation. / MPEG Layer-3 audio coding technology licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson. / Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. / DTS, DTS-HD, the Symbol & DTS and the Symbol together are registered trademarks, and DTS-HD Master Audio is a trademark of DTS, Inc. / HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries. / DLNA, the DLNA Logo and DLNA CERTIFIED are trademarks, service marks, or certification marks of the Digital Living Network Alliance. / Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
What should I do if my product needs service?
NOTE: This does not apply to TVs, Microwaves, Vacuums, and Massage Chairs
For repairs and exchanges:
Ship your product to:
Panasonic Factory Service Center
4900 George McVay Drive
Suite B; Door-12
McAllen, TX 78503
Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted.
Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).
Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.
Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:
Toll Free: 1-866-907-9111
Please reference your Service Job number when contacting You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
How do I check my Electronic Serial Number (ESN)?
For models that were made in 2010 and 2011 you need to launch Netflix and press the keys on your remote in this sequence: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. This will bring up an information screen with your Electronic Serial Number (ESN).
If you have a model from 2012, 2013, or 2014, you only need to go to the Netflix Information Screen and select "Device" for your ESN.
How do I change the slide show speed in Picassa?
Select a photo so that it fills the screen. Then press the [PLAY] button. Press the [OPTION] button and select "Speed".
How do I activate my Netflix account?
Start by pressing the Netflix button on your remote or select the App showing on screen. If you do not have an existing Netflix account you'll see a Netflix screen offering a free month. "Start your Free Month" should already be highlighted. Click on it and fill out the information required on the next screen.
How come my player sometimes wont let me access my network features?
Panasonic recommends that you have a wired networked player on for at least 60 seconds before you attempt to access networked features. Please wait at least 90 seconds if you are using a device wirelessly.
How can I reset the ratings password on this product?
While the pruduct is on, press and hold [OK], [B] and [Y] on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds. "00 RET" is displayed on the unit's display. Next repeatedly press [Right Arrow] on the remote control or [POWER] on the unit until "03 VL" is displayed on the unit's display. Finally press and hold [OK] on the remote control or [OPEN/CLOSE] on the unit for at least 3 seconds.
How can I remove the information toolbar from the Web Browser?
No, you cannot remove the information toolbar from the Web Browser.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How can I prevent the screen from flickering?
It is recommended that you turn off the 24p feature of the player.
How can I get the best picture?
To ensure the best picture when using your Blu-ray player:
- When connecting the player to your HD TV set, do not use a Composite (Yellow) cable. A composite (analog) cable provides standard-definition picture. Use only an HDMI cable, which provides High Definition picture.
- On your HD TV set, select the HDMI input as the source.
- On your HD TV set, change the "Picture Mode" to "Cinema", "Movie" or "THX".
- Verify the picture quality by playing a commercial Blu-ray disc from a major studio. Note: When watching content from the Internet, picture quality will vary depending on your home network speed and the quality of the source content.
How can I change the remote code. Everytime I press any button on remote control it displays "1" on the product display?
Please press and hold the [OK] and  button on the remote for 10 seconds. This will change the remote code.
How am I able to turn on Closed Captioning or Subtitles when using Netflix?
On units made in 2010, the Netflix platform did not allow for Closed Captioning.
On units made in 2011, 2012,and 2013 the Closed Captioning is selected prior to playing your program or movie.
On units made in 2014, the choice is made after starting the movie or program.
Click here for examples.
How am I able to switch accounts on Netflix?
Multiple Netflix accounts can not be used simultaneously. You must de-register the current account to register a different account.
Does the player have a reset button?
No, the player does not have a reset button. You can reset the player by following these instructions: 1) While the unit is on, press and hold [OK], [B] and [Y] on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds. "00 RET" is displayed on the Unit's display. 2) Repeatedly press the [RIGHT] arrow button on the remote control until "08 FIN" is displayed on the Unit's display.3) Press and hold [OK] on the remote control for at least 3 seconds. This procedure also resets the VIERA Connect password and all networking information.
Does the DLNA function work with the Windows 8 operating system?
Does the DLNA feature have a slideshow option?
Yes. Select a photo album, then press the [OPTION] button and select "Start Slideshow".
Does the DLNA feature have a screen saver?
Yes. A screen saver will automatically appear during a period of inacivity when music is played or photos are displayed.
Does the browser play Flash videos?
Does my model have built-in wireless capability?
No, this Home Theater requires optional wireless dongle Panasonic part number DY-WL5.
Do I need to have a YouTube membership to use the mobile pairing feature?
Do I need a YouTube/Google account to sign in?
Can this product be upgraded to work with Amazon Video on Demand?
No, This product was released before Blu-Ray players had the VieraCast Feature.
Can this player playback music CDs?
Can this player playback AVI files?
Can this player output a 24p signal?
Can the Blu-ray remote be used to control my TV?
You can control Panasonic TV's power, volume and change its inputs.
Can I use the DLNA feature with my tablet?
Yes. DLNA can be used with a tablet. You will either need to turn the DLNA feature on or download a DLNA application.
Can I use the DLNA feature with my smartphone?
Yes. DLNA can be used with a smartphone. You will either need to turn the DLNA feature on or download a DLNA application.
Can I use a USB keyboard with this player ?
The unit is not designed to work with a keyboard. That being said some Apps will respond and work quite well but the browser will not work with the keyboard.
Can I upload photos from an SD Card or USB flash drive that is inserted into this player directly to Facebook?
No. You would only be able to view photos that have already been uploaded to Facebook via your PC or other device.
Can I turn this player into a region-free device?
No, this player can not be turned into a Region Free machine.
Can I save multiple photos for each "personalized user" on my Blu-ray player?
No. Only one personalized photo can be saved per user. If you take a new photo, it will over-write the previous photo.
Can I prevent people from using the Internet Apps on my player?
Yes, you can lock applications so that a password is required to use them. Press the [INTERNET] button and select the "Settings" button. Then choose "Lock", create a password, and select the apps you wish to lock.
Can I export videos from my PC to the YouTube app on the player?
No, but you can upload videos from your PC to YouTube, and then watch them on the player.
Can I delete apps that came pre-installed on the player?
Can I delete a personalized user?
A user can be deleted by resetting the Blu-ray player. An alternative to resetting the player is editing the "personalized user settings". The user's name and photo, if applicable, can be changed.
Can I connect my player directly to my modem?
Yes, the player can be connected directly to a modem via an Ethernet cable or wirelessly (using Wireless LAN Adapter DY-WL5).
Can I clean the blu-ray lens in my Blu-ray Player or Home Theater System?
The bluray lens has to be cleaned by a certified technician. It cannot be cleaned by any other means.
Am I able to playback a DVD from another Region other than Region 1?
No, on this device you are unable to playback a DVD from other Region.
Am I able to play a Blu-ray or DVD disc from another country?
No, the player will only play discs that are Region 1 or All.
Am I able to connect a wireless keyboard so I do not have to use the remote to type?
No, a wireless keyboard can not work with this model.
What type of audio does Netflix output through the HDMI jack on the Blu-ray player?
The blu-ray player will output either 2 channel or 5.1 channel depending upon the movie selected and its audio options. To check the movies available audio options available select a movie. Then select the Audio and Subtitles option, and select which audio option you would like to select. Most movies are only available in 2 channel.
What type of audio does Netflix output through the Digital Optical jack on the TV?
The Netflix App will output only stereo audio on units made in 2010. Netflix Apps from 2011 and after are capable of outputting Stereo and Dolby 5.1 if the program or movie is available in both of those formats. The audio selection is made in the program's menu.
What should I do if my Blu-ray player will not turn on?
Press and hold the power button on the unit for a few seconds. Ensure that the power cord is inserted properly into the back of the unit. If the unit power cord is plugged into a power strip, unplug it and then plug the power cord into a wall outlet and see what happens. Try a different wall outlet.
What should I do if my Blu-ray player freezes or locks-up?
If your Blu-ray player is not responding then do as follows: 1. Unplug all cables and USB devices from the player. 2. Unplug the power, wait about 30 seconds then reconnect. We recommend connecting the player to the Internet and updating its Firmware.
What is the emergency eject procedure for this "Recorder" or "Player"?
While the product is off, press and hold [OK], [B] and [Y] on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds. [00 RET] is displayed on the product's display. Then repeatedly press [arrow right] on the remote control or [POWER] on the product until [06 FTO] is displayed on the product's display. Finally press [OK] on the remote control or [OPEN\/CLOSE] on the product.
What is the emergency disc eject procedure for this product?
While the product is off, press and hold [OK], [B] and [Y] on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds. [00 RET] is displayed on the product's display. Then repeatedly press [arrow right] on the remote control or [POWER] on the product until [06 FTO] is displayed on the product's display. Finally press [OK] on the remote control or [OPEN/CLOSE] on the product.
What does the error message "U73" mean?
The error message U73 may be caused by Inferior quality HDMI cables, HDMI cables that are not compliant with HDMI specification, HDMI cable connector, pins or port on the device is damaged or the connected deviced does not comply with HDMI specifications.
What do I need to do if I forgot my network services access code?
In order to reset the access code follow the steps:
- Turn the unit on (2011 and newer) Unit must be off for 2010.
- Press and hold [OK], the yellow button and the blue button on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds.
– POWER LED starts to flash, and “00RET” is displayed on the screen.
- Press  (right) repeatedly on the remote control until "08FIN" is displayed on the screen.
- Press and hold [OK] for more than 5 seconds
What can I do when my remote control freezes or locks up?
When attempting to use the remote, make sure you look at the front of the Blu-ray Player to make sure it is not showing an error message. If it says "SET 1", "SET 2", or "SET3", the remote code has been changed and you will need to change it back. Press and hold the desired #1 ot #2 or #3 button on the remote to programm the remote.
What are MKV files?
MKV is a file extension used for the Matroska file format for video, audio, or picture storage.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
The Blu-ray player will turn off after 30 minutes of inactivity. Can that feature be turned off?
No. This feature is not driven by any menu feature. The feature was designed to save energy.
My unit has no power. What do I do?
If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
Is this a mult-region disc player?
No, this model is not a multi-region disc player.
Is there a reset button for the Player?
No, the player does not have a reset button. You can reset the player by following these instructions:
- While the player is on and in the Stop position, press and hold [OK], [B] and [Y] on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds. "00 RET" is displayed on the TV.
- Repeatedly press the [RIGHT] arrow button on the remote control until "08 FIN" is displayed on the unit's display.
- Press and hold [OK] on the remote control for at least 3 seconds. The player will then turn istelf off.This procedure also resets the VIERA Connect password and all networking information.
Is the YouTube pair option available for all smartphones and tablets?
It is available for all iOS (Apple) and Android devices.
If the firmware update is interrupted and it causes a problem with the player, can the player revert back to the previous firmware version?
The player cannot revert back to previous firmware. The unit should be sent to service.
I would like to have the latest firmware update sent to me for my Blu-ray Player.
The latest firmware updates are available in our "Support" section and can be downloaded free of charge. Click on this link (Click Here.) and enter your model number. Click on support and then find the update by clicking the "Drivers & Downloads" tab. If you need the update sent to you please contact us by one of the methods listed to the right side of the page in the "Contact Us" box. There will be a minimum charge of
I have a "Device error" message next to Wireless Settings in the menu. What should I do?
Turn the unit off and reset the unit by pressing and holding [OK], [B], and [Y] on the remote at the same time for more than 5 seconds. When "00 RET" appears on the display press the [Right arrow] on the remote until "08 FIN" is on the display. Then press and hold [OK] on the remote for at least 3 seconds
How to I enter my email address into Netflix?
Press the [OK] button on the remote and begin entering your email address registered for Netflix and access the onscreen keyboard.
How to eject my disc if the [EJECT] button does not work?
Remove the unit's power cord for 30 seconds then plug it back in. Press and hold [KEYS], [B] and [Y] on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds. - "00 RET" is displayed on the unit's display. Press [R] repeatedly on the remote.
How many devices can I register to my Netflix account?
It is no longer necessary to keep track of how many devices you log into with your email adress and password. There is however a limit of two users streaming at the same time on the basic monthly plan. For more information go to Netflix.com.
How do I update the firmware in my Blu-ray Player?
Go into "Setup", > "Player Settings" > "System" > "Firmware Update" > "Update Now". While you are in this menu you can also make sure that automatic Update Check is set to on for future updates.
How do I update my players firmware / software?
Press [HOME] -> Setup -> Player Settings -> System -> Firmware Update -> Update Now
How do I turn on subtitles?
Subtitles may or may not be contained on your particular disc. Go to the top menu to locate the section of the disc to enable the subtitles if they are available. It may be found under "settings", "languages" or "audio settings".
How do I turn on Subtitles in Netflix for my 2014 Blu-ray?
To learn how to do this, Click Here
How do I turn on closed captioning?
Closed captioning is only available with a composite video connection (not displayed through HDMI). It can be enabled through the TV's CC menu setting.
How do I set the time on my Blu-ray player?
This player does not have a clock or time feature you can change.
How do I pair my YouTube account with the app on my smartphone?
Follow the steps listed below:
- Open the smartphone app and select the "Account Settings" option.
- Select "Pair YouTube TV" and enter the numeric code displayed on the TV.
- Give the TV a name.
- Use the app to search for a video and select "Play on TV" to stream from your mobile device.
How do I pair my mobile device with my YouTube account?
Follow the steps listed below:
- Select the YouTube icon in VIERAConnect.
- Navigate to the SIGN IN & SETTINGS icon on the left hand side using the UP/DOWN navigational buttons.
- Select PAIR DEVICE. A numeric code will be displayed.
- Go to www.youtube.com/pair on your tablet/smartphone, enter the code provided by the TV, and select ADD THIS TV.
- Use your tablet/smartphone to search for a video on YouTube and select "Play on TV" to stream from your mobile device.
How do I manually change the resolution on this product?
While the unit is on, press and hold [OK], [B] and [Y] on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds. "00 RET" is displayed on the unit's display. Next repeatedly press [arrow right] on the remote control or [POWER] on the unit until "04 PRG" is displayed on the unit's display. Finally press and hold [OK] on the remote control or [OPEN/CLOSE] on the unit for at least 3 seconds. Then manually set the resolution.
How do I make changes in my VUDU account?
To make changes in your Vudu account please go to http://www.vudu.com.
This applies to all Panasonic TVs and Blu-ray Players made from 2011 to the current year.
How do I input letters/characters using my Blu-ray remote?
Use the Up, Down, Left and Right arrow keys on the remote control to highlight and select the on-screen characters you want to input.
How do I find my player's MAC Address?
Press the [SETUP] button, select "Network" and then "Network Settings". The MAC Address will be located at the bottom of the Network Settings screen.
How do I enable the Remote Device Settings on my blu-ray player?
1) Press [HOME] on the remote. 2) Select "Setup". 3) Select "Player Settings". 4) Select "Network". 5) Select "Network Settings". 6) Select "Remote Device Settings". 7) Change "Remote Device Operation" to "On".
How do I enable the Network Drive Connection on my blu-ray player?
1) Press [HOME] on the remote. 2) Select "Setup". 3) Select "Player Settings". 4) Select "Network". 5) Select "Network Settings". 6) Select "Network Drive Connection" and change the setting to "On". Note: By default this setting is Off.
How do I deregister a Netflix account ?
It is no longer necessary to deregister your Netflix account from any of your devices. You can register as many devices as desired. The only limitation is that you can only use two devices at any one time on the basic monthly subscription. Check with Netflix for other plans.
How do I connect this player to a TV that doesn't have an HDMI input?
An HDMI connection is recommended. If your TV does not have a HDMI input, other manufactures have HDMI-to-analog video converters. Panasonic has not tested and does not endorse any particular converter brand.
How do I connect this device to a wireless network?
This player features Wi-Fi built in. To connect to the wireless network press the [HOME] button. Then select "Player settings" and scroll to the "Network" option. Then press the [OK] button. Select the "Easy Network Settings and follow the onscreen prompts. For this setup, it is important to know the wireless network name (SSID) and encryption key (password). Click here for an Interactive for troubleshooting Home network connections.
How do I connect this device to a wireless network?
This player does not have Wi-Fi built in. To make this player Wi-Fi compatible the Panasonic wireless dongle, part number DYWL5, will need to be obtained and connected into the players USB port. Then press the [HOME] button. Then select "Player settings" and scroll to the "Network" option. Then press the [OK] button. Press the [OK] button with "Easy Network Settings" selected and then follow the onscreen prompts. For this setup it is important to know the wireless network name (SSID) and encryption type.
Will a Blu-ray disc that is Region All Disc play in this product?
Yes, a Blu-Ray that is Region All Disc can play in this player.
Why won't a rented disc play in my player?
If you're having difficulty playing a disc that you have rented or borrowed, try a disc that you own to see if it plays. If it does play then there could be a problem with the borrowed or rented disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth to remove any debris or fingerprints.
Why isn't Netflix available in the VIERA Connect Market?
This issue can be resolved by entering the proper DNS server address into the unit. Try entering 126.96.36.199 as your DNS server address and 188.8.131.52 for the secondary DNS address if that option is available for your unit.
Why is my Blu-ray player unable to read or play the disk I inserted?
Please check the instruction manual to determine if the disc is a playable type.
Why is an error message displayed when I click the Netflix icon?
Try deactivating the Netflix account and then re-registering the account. First, access the Netflix application. Then, use the Panasonic remote to press the arrow buttons in the following sequence: [Up], [Up], [Down], [Down], [Left], [Right], [Left], [Right], [Up], [Up], [Up], [Up]. A screen will appear and you will be able deactivate the Netflix account. Re-enter your account information.
Why is a "Wireless Adapter Not Connected" error message appearing on my unit?
Ensure that the required wireless LAN adapter (DY-WL5) is fully inserted into the USB port on the product. If the error message appears again, then disconnect and reconnect the adapter.
Models: SCBTT190, SCBTT195, SCBTT196, DMPBD77, DMPBD79, DMPBD81
Why is a "No Read" error message appearing on my product?
Ensure that the surface of the disc is not dirty, scratched or smudged, or try another disc and see what happens. If the product is unable to play all discs, then it will require servicing.
Why does the message, "SET1", "SET2" or "SET3", display on the player when I press a button on the remote control?
The remote control and main unit are using different codes. On the remote control, press and hold [OPTION] and the following button at the same time for more than 5 seconds depending on the indication SET 1: [G], SET 2: [B], SET 3: [Y].
Why does my disc not play when I press [PLAY] on the remote?
Some discs require that you press the [ENTER] or [OK] button to get to the movie playing..
Why does it say my Netflix account is already in use?
If you see this message, it means that there are more than the allotted number of users streaming content from your Netflix account at the same time. This is not an issue with our equipment. Check the Netflix Help Center website for further information.
Why does "this operation is not permitted" appear when I press a button while playing a movie?
You are on a portion of the disc that prevents the current function you are attempting to do. Please wait until scene change or stop the movie to attempt your function.
Why can't I log into Netflix?
The Netflix login requires the usage of a registered email address and account password. If the password uses special characters or captial lettering, the password entered must include the capital lettering. Netflix also limits the total number of devices that can be registered. The maximum number of devices registered is 6. Netflix will not allow a 7th device to be registered.
There may also be an issue with the DNS server you are using. This issue can be resolved by entering the proper DNS server address into the TV. The server information entered should be the DNS server address of your internet service provider. Contact your internet service provider to obtain their DNS server address. Follow the instructions below to enter the DNS address.
- Press the [Menu] button on the TV's remote.
- Select "Network" and then press the [OK] button.
- Select "IP address/DNS settings" and then press the [OK] button.
- Set "DNS setting mode" to "Manual".
- Select "DNS".
- Press the "OK" button.
- Enter your internet service provider's DNS server address.
- Press the [RETURN] button.
- Select "Connection test".
- Go to the VIERA Connect Market and locate the Netflix icon.
Why can't I log into Netflix?
The Netflix login requires the usage of a registered email address and account password. If the password uses special characters or a combination of upper and lower case letters, they must be entered exactly that way. Entering incorrect information or charcters would be the only reason for not being able to log into Netflix.
Why can't a rented disc play in my player?
If you're having difficulty playing a disc that you have rented or borrowed, try a disc that you own to see if it plays.
If it does play then there could be a problem with the borrowed or rented disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth to remove any fingerprints or smudges.
Why am I unable to access Netflix? Also, why are my Netflix videos not streaming properly?
To troubleshoot the problem, check if you can connect to another App on your device. If you cannot open and use any of the other Apps then you may have a networking issue. If you can use other Apps, try unplugging the device for at least 30 seconds. After plugging it back in try accessing Netflix again.
Which video quality should I select in Vudu?
Vudu recommends that you have at least a speed of 9 Mbps to stream the 1080p resolution and a speed of 4.5Mbps to stream the 720p resolution. They do not have any specific speeds for 3D viewing.
You can do a speed test inside of the Vudu app that can tell you what quality should be chosen when playing back videos. The speed test can be accessed by going to Vudu Home, selecting:
"My Vudu" -> "Info and Settings" -> "Network Speed Test".
Where do I insert an SD Card in my Blu-ray Player?
This player does not have an SD card capability for storage but it does have a USB port.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
When I try accessing my Network Content I have to enter my 4-digit password.? How can I remove the password requirement?
You can disable the network content password requirement. First, enter the player's Setup menu. Then, select "System", followed by "Ratings", and finally "Network Service Lock". Enter the 4-digit password and you will have the option to disable the lock.
What type of audio does Netflix output through the HDMI jack on the Blu-ray player?
The Netflix App will output only stereo audio on units made in 2010. Netflix Apps 2011 and newer are capable of outputting stereo and Dolby 5.1 if the program or movie is available in both of those formats. The audio selection is made in the program's menu.