Smart Network Blu-ray Disc™ Player DMP-BD81
- Enjoy multi-format playback via Blu-ray, DVD, CD and USB
- Stream music in Dolby® Digital sound
- Create personalized TV home screens with Multi-User Mode
- WiFi LAN adaptor for smart networking features sold separately
- FULL HD 3D/ BD-Video yes
- BD-RE/ BD-RE DL (Ver.3)
- JPEG/ MPO yes/ -
- DVD-Video yes
- DVD-R*1/ DVD-R DL*1/ DVD-RW*1
- DVD-Video/ DVD Video Recording yes
- FLAC/ WAV/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3 yes (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- JPEG/ MPO yes/ - (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- +R*1/ +R DL*1/ +RW*1
- Video/ AVCHD yes
- CD, CD-R/ -RW
- CD-DA yes
- FLAC/ WAV/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3 yes
- JPEG/ MPO yes/ -
- Dolby® Digital / Dolby® TrueHD yes, Decode (2ch) and Bitstream Output*2
- DTS™-HD Master Audio Essential/ DTS™-HD High Resolution Audio yes, (Decode and Bitstream Output*2)
- Slot yes
- USB Standard USB 2.0 High Speed
- FLAC/ WAV/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3 yes
- JPEG/ MPO yes/ -
HIGH QUALITY PICTURE
- Video on Demand in HD Quality yes
- Deep Color yes
- x.v.Color yes*4
HIGH QUALITY SOUND
- High Quality Network Audio Playback yes
- Multi-User Mode/ Stylish GUI/ Wallpaper yes
- Internet Apps yes (Simple)*6
- Wireless LAN System Capable with Optional Adaptor*7
- External HDD Playback yes*8
- BD-Live™ yes*9
- HDMI Output yes
- Video Output -
- Analog Audio Output -
- LAN (Ethernet) Terminal yes (for DLNA, BD-LiveTM*9, Internet AppsTM (Simple)*6 and Firmware Update)
- Video System NTSC
Power SupplyAC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption
- Normal Use [Approx.] 11W*10
- Power Consumption - Standby
- Quick Start Off [Approx.] 0.5W*10
- Quick Start On [Approx.] 3.5W*10
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] 12-5/16 x 1-11/16 x 7-2/16 inch(312 x 43 x 180 mm)*11
- Weight [Approx.] 2.2 lbs. (1.0 kg)
- NOTE *1 Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices. / *2 HDMI connection required. / *3 Only Full-HD and SD 24p content can be up-converted for 4K2K resolution. For 4K Up-scaling playback a TV with same resolution is required. / *4 This function is effective only when reproducing AVCHD data recorded with x.v.Color technology. The function cannot be used with BD-ROM or DVD-ROM discs. HDMI connection is required. / *5 Compatible with Android™ devices, Ver. 4.2 and above and Miracast certified. For information on whether the smartphone, etc. supports Miracast, contact the manufacturer of the device. / *6 Requires broadband Internet service. / *7 With the purchase of Wireless LAN Adaptor DY-WL5. / *8 The external HDD with capacities of 2TB or less in processing NTFS/ FAT32 data is supported. Playback is not possible with some external hard disk drives. / *9 To enjoy content, you will need to insert a USB flash drive (1GB or more of free space/ sold separately). Requires broadband Internet service. / *10 Using included AC adaptor. / *11 Excluding the projecting parts and the pedestal.
- WARNING The recording and playback of content on this or any other device may require permission from the owner of the copyright or other such rights in that content. Panasonic has no authority to and does not grant you that permission and explicitly disclaims any right, ability or intention to obtain such permission on your behalf. It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of this or any other device complies with applicable copyright legislation in your country. Please refer to that legislation for more information on the relevant laws and regulations involved or contact the owner of the rights in the content you wish to record or playback. Playability may vary depending on the contents, discs and quality of the recording. For content recorded for your personal use. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- TRADEMARK NOTICE Blu-ray Disc™, Blu-ray™ and the logos are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association. / "AVCHD" and the "AVCHD" logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation. / MPEG Layer-3 audio coding technology licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson. / Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. / DTS, DTS-HD, the Symbol & DTS and the Symbol together are registered trademarks, and DTS-HD Master Audio is a trademark of DTS, Inc. / HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries. / DLNA, the DLNA Logo and DLNA CERTIFIED are trademarks, service marks, or certification marks of the Digital Living Network Alliance. / Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
- UPC 885170177833
- DVD Remote Controls
What do I do in the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
What should I do if my Blu-ray player freezes or locks-up?If your Blu-ray player is not responding then do as follows:
1. Unplug all cables and USB devices from the player.
2. Unplug the power, wait about 30 seconds then reconnect.
We recommend connecting the player (wired) to your network and attempt updating its Firmware again.
Why is a "No Read" error message appearing on my players display?
Ensure that the surface of the disc is not dirty, scratched or smudged, or try another disc and see what happens. If the product is unable to play all discs, then it will require servicing.
If you elect to have your Blu-ray Player, DVD Recorder or Home Theater System serviced, please contact Panasonic via email before sending your unit in at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure and provide the model number of your player and a description of what is wrong with the unit. This condition is usually a repair issue and depending on the units age it may or may not be possible due to parts availability.Click here to submit a repair request. Be sure to have your model number directly from your device and include any hyphens or suffixes ex. DMC-G1A.
If you decide to have your player serviced:
Ship your product to:
Panasonic Factory Service Center
4900 George McVay Drive
Suite B; Door-12
McAllen, TX 78503
Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted.
Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).
Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.
Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:
Please reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Why does the message, "SET1", "SET2" or "SET3", display on the player when I press a button on the remote control?The remote control and main unit are using different codes. On the remote control, press and hold [OPTION] and the following button at the same time for more than 5 seconds depending on the indication SET 1: [G], SET 2: [B], SET 3: [Y].
On the remote control, press and hold [OK] and the corresponding number ,  or  for "SET 1", "SET 2" or "SET 3" respectively.