Blu-ray Disc ™ Player with 7.1ch Lossless Decode and Analog Output, BD-Live, SD Card Slot
Blu-ray Disc ™ Player with PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus, 7.1ch Lossless Decode and Analog Output, BD-Live, VIERA Link ™, SD Card Slot
Firmware & Drivers
- Version: 2.4
- Issues Addressed: Resolves video pixelization issue when playing certain chapters in the following titles: Star Wars, the Complete Saga (6 disc set)
- Release Date: 10-9-2011
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- DMP-BD55 - How to Test the Network Connection
- DMPBD55 - How to Change the Component Resolution
- DMPBD55 - How to Change the Aspect
- DMPBD55 - How to Change the HDMI Resolution
- DMPBD55 - How to Turn on the HDMI Audio Mode
- DMPBD55 - How to Change the Remote Code
- DMPBD55 - How to Turn on the HDMI Video Mode
- DMPBD55 - How to Turn on Viera Link
- DMPBD55 - How to Set the HDMI RGB Output Range
- How to Connect to BD-Live
- How to Connect External Devices to your TV
- FORMAT: .
- BD-RE / BD-RE DL BD-MV (BD-RE version3), BDAV (SESF), JPEG (HD)
- BD-R/BD-R DL BD-MV (BD-R version2), BDAV (SESF)
- DVD Playback DVD-Video
- DVD-RAM Playback DVD-VR, JPEG (HD), AVCHD
DVD-R/-RW/-R(DL)Playback DVD Video, DVD-VR, AVCHD, DivX® (DVD-R/-R DL only)
+R/+R(DL)/+RWPlayback DVD-VR, AVCHD
CD-R/-RWPlayback CD-DA, DivX® (CD-R/-RW only), MP3(CD-R/-RW only), JPEG (HD) (CD-R/-RW only)
- SD Memory Card AVCHD, JPEG (HD)
- VIDEO: .
PHL Reference Chroma ProcessorYes
- P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) Yes
- Precise Pixel Generation Yes
- 16-Level Motion Detection w/ Pixel-Based Motion Adaptive Yes
- Diagonal Processing Yes
- 3:2/2:2 Pull-Down Progressive Processing Yes
i/p Conversion for
- Video D/A Converter 148.5MHz/12bit
- Progressive Scan Yes
- Digital Noise Reduction 3D-NR/Integrated NR
- Deep Color Yes
- Picture Mode Yes (Normal/Soft/Fine/Cinema/User)
Picture AdjustmentYes (Brightness, Color, Contrast, Sharpness, Gamma Correction)
- AUDIO: .
- Audio D/A Converter 192kHz/24bit
- Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus Decoder Decode and Bitstream output
- Dolby® True HD Decoder Decode and Bitstream output
- DTS/DTS-HD High Resolution Audio Decoder Decode and Bitstream output
96kHz SurroundRe-Master (for all formats)
- Advanced Surround (V.S.S.) Yes
- Night Surround Mode Yes
- Dialogue Enhancer Yes
- Dynamic Range Compression Yes
- CONVENIENT: .
- Super Hi Speed Scan Yes
- Audio/JPEG Navigation Menu Yes
- VIERA Link (HDAVI Control 3) Yes
- INPUT/OUTPUT: .
- HDMI™ Support features: Deep Color, x.v.Color, High Bit Rate Audio
- Component Video Out (Y, PB, PR) Yes
- Video Out Yes
- 7.1ch Audio Out analog
- 2ch Audio Out No
- Digital Audio Out 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- SD Memory Card Slot Yes (front)
- Ethernet for Network Yes
- SPECIFICATIONS: .
- Audio S/N 115dB
- Dynamic Range 100dB
- Power Source AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption 21W (approx)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 23/16'' x 1615/16'' x 913/16''
- Weight 5.7
Will a Blu-ray disc that is Region All Disc play in this product?
Yes, a Blu-Ray that is Region All Disc can play in this player.
Why won't a rented disc play in my player?
If you're having difficulty playing a disc that you have rented or borrowed, try a disc that you own to see if it plays. If it does play then there could be a problem with the borrowed or rented disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth to remove any debris or fingerprints.
Why isn't Netflix available in the VIERA Connect Market?
This issue can be resolved by entering the proper DNS server address into the unit. Try entering 18.104.22.168 as your DNS server address and 22.214.171.124 for the secondary DNS address if that option is available for your unit.
Why is a "No Read" error message appearing on my product?
Ensure that the surface of the disc is not dirty, scratched or smudged, or try another disc and see what happens. If the product is unable to play all discs, then it will require servicing.
Why does the audio and video sometimes drop while watching a movie?
Remove the HDMI cable from the player and the TV. Reconnect the cable to both the player and a different HDMI input on the TV. If the problem continues test a different HDMI cable.
Why can't a rented disc play in my player?
If you're having difficulty playing a disc that you have rented or borrowed, try a disc that you own to see if it plays.
If it does play then there could be a problem with the borrowed or rented disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth to remove any fingerprints or smudges.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
What do I need to do if I forgot my network services access code?
In order to reset the access code follow the steps:
- Turn the unit on (2011 and newer) Unit must be off for 2010.
- Press and hold [OK], the yellow button and the blue button on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds.
– POWER LED starts to flash, and “00RET” is displayed on the screen.
- Press  (right) repeatedly on the remote control until "08FIN" is displayed on the screen.
- Press and hold [OK] for more than 5 seconds
What can I do when my remote control freezes or locks up?
When attempting to use the remote, make sure you look at the front of the Blu-ray Player to make sure it is not showing an error message. If it says "SET 1", "SET 2", or "SET3", the remote code has been changed and you will need to change it back. Press and hold the desired #1 ot #2 or #3 button on the remote to programm the remote.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
My unit has no power. What do I do?
If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
Is this a mult-region disc player?
No, this model is not a multi-region disc player.
I would like to have the latest firmware update sent to me for my Blu-ray Player.
The latest firmware updates are available in our "Support" section and can be downloaded free of charge. Click on this link (Click Here.) and enter your model number. Click on support and then find the update by clicking the "Drivers & Downloads" tab. If you need the update sent to you please contact us by one of the methods listed to the right side of the page in the "Contact Us" box. There will be a minimum charge of
How do I update the firmware in my Blu-ray Player?
Go into "Setup", > "Player Settings" > "System" > "Firmware Update" > "Update Now". While you are in this menu you can also make sure that automatic Update Check is set to on for future updates.
How do I set the time on my Blu-ray player?
This player does not have a clock or time feature you can change.
How do I reset the product (DMP-BD35K,DMP-BD55K,DMP-BD601K,DMP-BD605K,DMP-BD60K,DMP-BD70VK,DMP-BD80K)?
- Press [POWER] on the unit to turn off the unit.
- Press and hold [PAUSE], [POWER] and [OPEN/CLOSE] on the unit at the same time for more than 5 seconds until "HELLO" is displayed on the unit.
- The power will turn on and then turn off.
How do I reset my Blu-ray Player or DVD Recorder?
1 Press [POWER] on the unit to turn off the unit.2 Press and hold [PAUSE], [POWER] and [OPEN\/CLOSE] on the unit at the same time for more than 5 seconds until "HELLO" is displayed on the unit.3 The power will turn on and then turn off.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How can I correct no sound while playing back DTS discs?
You can log into the player's menu and change the DTS Audio Output option to Bitstream and not PCM.
How am I able to change the region code for my Blu-Ray player?
The model will playback DVDs from Region 1 and will also play Blu-ray discs from Region A. The region code is listed on the rear of the disc packaging. The player's region code is unable to be changed.
Can this product be upgraded to work with Amazon Video on Demand?
No, This product was released before Blu-Ray players had the VieraCast Feature.
Can I clean the blu-ray lens in my Blu-ray Player or Home Theater System?
The bluray lens has to be cleaned by a certified technician. It cannot be cleaned by any other means.
Am I able to playback a DVD from another Region other than Region 1?
No, on this device you are unable to playback a DVD from other Region.
Am I able to play a Blu-ray or DVD disc from another country?
No, the player will only play discs that are Region 1 or All.