Blu-ray Disc™ Player
Blu-ray Disc™ Player with SD Card Slot, BD-Live Compatible, Precise Digital Audio & Video and UniPhier™ Technology
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 2.30
Resolves issues with The Dark Knight BD where trailers are displayed in an incorrect aspect and player will hang up.
Resolves X-Files: I Want to Believe BD where bonus features being displayed in an incorrect resolution.
Resolves The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian BD not playing all bonus features.
Some content is played then disc returns to the disc menu.
Corrects block noise which appears during playback of promotion disc made for use with JVC’s LCD TV in the US market.
Corrects frame skip during playback of select DVDs:
"A Story of Unfortunate Events"
Corrects video flicker within PinP during playback of select BD titles: Horton Hears a Who
Corrects hang up during playback of large MP3 files.
Corrects the Integrated NR setting from being reset after power off.
Corrects 4:3 PiP (Secondary Video) from VC-1 specification so it is displayed as 16:9.
Corrects playback of game on the Enchanted BD when Secondary Audio is set to OFF.
Enhances playback of BD media with 24p frame rate. Discs to date with this issue:
"Starship Troopers 3"
"Kill Bill: Volume 1"
"Kill Bill: Volume 2"
- Release Date: 11/21/2011
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- How to Connect to BD-Live
- How to Connect the Blu-ray Player using an Optical Audio Cable
- How to Connect the Blu-ray Player to a Home Theater with Analog Cables
- How to Connect the Blu-ray Player to a Theater system and TV
- How to Find the Networks Default Gateway
- How to Connect External Devices to your TV
- How to Accomplish ip address testing - DMPBD50
- How to Setup Network connections - DMPBD50
- How to Select subtitle language - DMPBD50
- How Setup Basic Audio Video Connections
- FORMAT: .
- BD-RE / BD-RE DL BD-MV(BD-RE version3),JPEG
- BD-RE SL/DL BD-MV (BD-RE Version 3), JPEG
- DVD-RAM Playback DVD-VR, JPEG, AVCHD
- DVD-ROM DVD Video
DVD-R/-RW/-R(DL)Playback DVD Video, DVD-VR, AVCHD, DivX® (DVD-R/-R DL only)
+R/+R(DL)/+RWPlayback DVD-VR, AVCHD
CD-R/-RWPlayback CD-DA, DivX® (CD-R/-RW only), MP3(CD-R/-RW only), JPEG (HD) (CD-R/-RW only)
- SD Memory Card AVCHD, JPEG
- VIDEO: .
PHL Reference Chroma ProcessorYes
- P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) Yes
- Precise Pixel Generation Yes
- 16-Level Motion Detection w/ Pixel-Based Motion Adaptive Yes
- Diagonal Processing Yes
- 3:2/2:2 Pull-Down Progressive Processing Yes
i/p Conversion for
- Video D/A Converter 148.5MHz/12bit
- Progressive Scan Yes
- Digital Noise Reduction Yes
- Picture Mode Yes
- HD i/p Conversion [1080p (P4HD)] Yes
- NTSC Output Selectable Yes
- AUDIO: .
- Audio D/A Converter 192kHz/24bit
Dolby® Digital Plus
Decode and Bitstream output
Decode and Bitstream output
DTS™-HD Decode and Bitstream output
- Re-Master for DVD/CD Yes (all formats)
- Advanced Surround (V.S.S.) Yes
- Dialogue Enhancer Yes
- Dynamic Range Compression Yes
- Super Hi Speed Scan Yes
- Audio/JPEG Navigation Menu Yes
- VIERA Link (HDAVI Control 3) Yes
- INPUT/OUTPUT: .
- HDMI™ Support version: HDMI™ V1.3 with Deep Color™1080p output: 24p(for BD-ROM only)/60p
- Component Video Out (Y, PB, PR) Yes
- S-Video Out Yes
- Video Out Yes
- 2ch Audio Out Yes
- Digital Audio Out 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- SD Memory Card Slot Yes (front)
- Ethernet for Network Yes
- Multi Channel Independent Output Yes
- SPECIFICATIONS: .
- Audio S/N 115dB
- Dynamic Range 100dB
- Power Source AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption 25W (approx)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 25/16'' x 1615/16'' x 125/8''
- Weight 7.3
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.