LUMIX® ZS8 14.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
LUMIX® ZS8 14.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
Effective Pixels14.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1/2.33-inch CCD sensor / 14.5 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
- Aperture F3.3 - 5.9/ Multistage Iris Diagram (F3.3 - 6.3 (W) / F5.9 - 6.3 (T))
Focal Lengthf=4.3-68.8mm (24-384mm in 35mm equiv.)(28-448mm in 35mm equiv. in movie recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 18.9x (4:3 / 10M), 22.5x (4:3 / 7M), 27.0x (4:3 / 5M), 33.8x (4:3 / under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom 20x
- Lens LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR12 elements in 10 groups(3 Aspherical Lenses / 6 Aspherical surfaces / 1 ED Lens)
- 2-Speed Zoom Yes
Optical Image StabilizerPower O.I.S. (Off / On)
Digital Zoom4x(Max. 64.0 x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom)(Max. 135 x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 50 cm - infinity / Tele 200 cm - infinityMacro / Intelligent AUTO/ movie recording: Wide 3 cm - infinity / Tele 100cm - infinity
- Focus Range Display Yes
- AF Metering Face / AF Tracking / 23pt / 1pt / Spot
- Shutter Speed Still: 60 - 1/4000 secStarry Sky Mode : 15, 30, 60sec
- Focus Normal / AF Macro, Zoom Macro, Quick AF, AF TrackingContinuous AF (only for motion picture)
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600High Sensitivity mode (ISO 1600-6400)
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set (Selectable at Portrait, Soft Skin, Transform, Self-Portrait, Panorama Assist, Sports, Baby, Pet, High Sensitivity, Highspeed Burst, Pinhole, Photo Frame, High Dynamic)
ExposureProgram AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
Intelligent Multiple/ Center-weighted/ Spot
- Face Detection Photo
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Transform, Self-Portrait, Scenery, Panorama Assist, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, Party, Candle Light, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst (image priority/speed priority)
- Additional Still Image Scene Modes Flash Burst, Starry Sky, Fireworks, Beach, Snow, Aerial, Pinhole, Film Grain, High Dynamic (standard/ art/ B&W), Photo Frame, Underwater
- Shutter Interval approx. 0.7 sec
Self Timer2sec / 10sec
- Auto Review 1sec, 2sec, Hold, OFF
- Image Quality Fine/Standard
- Motion Picture Recording 4:3 VGA: 640 x 480 pixels, 30fps (Motion JPEG)QVGA: 320 x 240 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
- Motion Picture Recording HD Movie 1280x 720 pixels, 30fps (Quicktime Motion JPEG)
- Aspect Ratio 1:1 / 4:3 / 3:2 / 16:9
- Intelligent Exposure Photo & Movie
Composition Guide LinesYes (2 patterns)
- Scene Mode Help Screen No
- LCD Monitor 3.0" TFT Screen LCD Display (230K dots)Field of View : approx. 100%Power LCD mode, AUTO Power LCD mode, High Angle mode
- Playback Mode Normal Playback, Slideshow, Flitering Playback (Picture Only, Video Only, Travel, Category, Favorites), Calendar Playback
- OSD Language English, Spanish
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Interface AV Output (NTSC), USB2.0 High speed
- Power ID-Security Li-ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 895mAh) (Included)AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC) (Optional)
Battery Life340 pictures (CIPA Standard)
- Built-in-Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off0.6 - 5.0m (Wide/ISO Auto), 1.0 - 2.8m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0QuickTimeAdobe ReaderSuper LoiLoScope (trial version)
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery PackAV cable, USB CableHand Strap, CD-ROM
- Quick Menu Yes
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, 1.9 f/s Max. 5 images (Standard mode), Max 3 images (Fine Mode)High-speed Burst Mode: approx. 5.5 f/s (image priority) approx. 10 f/s (speed priority)(recorded in 3M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9, 2.5M for 1:1)
- Focus Icon Select Yes (in Face Recognition only)
- Optical Zoom in Motion Picture Yes
- Macro Zoom Yes
- Orientation Detector Yes
- Slideshow Mode All / Picture Only / Video Only / Travel / Category / FavoritesBGM Effect (Natural / Slow / Swing / Urban / OFF)
- Show Histogram Yes
- Delete Image Single / Multi / All / All except Favorites
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- Wind-Cut in Motion Picture Yes
- Intelligent ISO Control Photo
- Face Recognition Photo
- Intelligent Scene Selector Photo (Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Sunset, Macro)
- File Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3)Motion picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Intelligent Auto, P, A, S, M, Custom, SCN, My SCN2, My SCN1, Movie
- Still Picture Recording 4:3 4320x3240(14M) / 3648x2736(10M) / 3072x2304(7M) / 2560x1920(5M) / 2048X1536(3M) / 640X480(0.3M)
- Still Picture Recording 3:2 4320x2880 (12.5M) / 3648x2432 (9M) / 3072x2048 (6M) / 2560x1712 (4.5M) / 2048x1360 (2.5M) / 640x424 (0.3M)
- Still Picture Recording 16:9 4320x2432 (10.5M) / 3648x2056 (7.5M) / 3072x1728 (5.5M) / 2560x1440 (3.5M) / 1920x1080 (2M) / 640x360 (0.2M)
- Still Picture Recording 1:1 3232x3232 (10.5M) / 2736x2736 (7.5M) / 2304x2304 (5.5M) / 1920x1920 (3.5M) / 1536x1536 (2.5M)/ 480x480 (0.2M)
- Color Mode / Color Effect Standard, Natural, Vivid, Black & White, Sepia, Cool, Warm, Happy (only in iA Mode)
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / Yes / Yes
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Photo
- Mode Switch [Recording] / [Playback]
- Easy Zoom / Zoom Resume Yes/Yes
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12/30-thumbnails / Yes
- Calendar Display / Dual-Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / No
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection Yes / Yes
- Travel Date / World Time Yes / Yes
- Built-in-Memory approx. 70MB
- Microphone / Speaker Mono / Yes
- AF Tracking Photo
- Intelligent Resolution Technology Photo & Movie
- Optical Image Stabilizer Photo / Movie
- Playback Motion Picture Yes (Motion JPEG)
- LUMIX Image Uploader Yes
- Recommended Humidity 40%RH to 60%RH
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / Yes / No / No
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 4.13" x 2.27" x 1.31"
- Weight Approx. 188g without Battery and SD Memory Card (0.414 lb)Approx. 210g with Battery and SD Memory Card (0.462 lb)
- UPC 885170033344
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
Advanced Features Manuals
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.