LUMIX® ZS8 14.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
LUMIX® ZS8 14.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
- 16x Optical Zoom LEICA DC Lens with 24mm Ultra Wide Angle
- Power O.I.S.
- Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
- Cases, Bags + Straps
Effective Pixels14.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1/2.33-inch CCD sensor / 14.5 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
- Aperture F3.3 - 5.9/ Multistage Iris Diagram (F3.3 - 6.3 (W) / F5.9 - 6.3 (T))
Focal Lengthf=4.3-68.8mm (24-384mm in 35mm equiv.)(28-448mm in 35mm equiv. in movie recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 18.9x (4:3 / 10M), 22.5x (4:3 / 7M), 27.0x (4:3 / 5M), 33.8x (4:3 / under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom 20x
- Lens LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR12 elements in 10 groups(3 Aspherical Lenses / 6 Aspherical surfaces / 1 ED Lens)
- 2-Speed Zoom Yes
Optical Image StabilizerPower O.I.S. (Off / On)
Digital Zoom4x(Max. 64.0 x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom)(Max. 135 x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 50 cm - infinity / Tele 200 cm - infinityMacro / Intelligent AUTO/ movie recording: Wide 3 cm - infinity / Tele 100cm - infinity
- Focus Range Display Yes
- AF Metering Face / AF Tracking / 23pt / 1pt / Spot
- Shutter Speed Still: 60 - 1/4000 secStarry Sky Mode : 15, 30, 60sec
- Focus Normal / AF Macro, Zoom Macro, Quick AF, AF TrackingContinuous AF (only for motion picture)
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600High Sensitivity mode (ISO 1600-6400)
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set (Selectable at Portrait, Soft Skin, Transform, Self-Portrait, Panorama Assist, Sports, Baby, Pet, High Sensitivity, Highspeed Burst, Pinhole, Photo Frame, High Dynamic)
ExposureProgram AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
Intelligent Multiple/ Center-weighted/ Spot
- Face Detection Photo
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Transform, Self-Portrait, Scenery, Panorama Assist, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, Party, Candle Light, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst (image priority/speed priority)
- Additional Still Image Scene Modes Flash Burst, Starry Sky, Fireworks, Beach, Snow, Aerial, Pinhole, Film Grain, High Dynamic (standard/ art/ B&W), Photo Frame, Underwater
- Shutter Interval approx. 0.7 sec
Self Timer2sec / 10sec
- Auto Review 1sec, 2sec, Hold, OFF
- Image Quality Fine/Standard
- Motion Picture Recording 4:3 VGA: 640 x 480 pixels, 30fps (Motion JPEG)QVGA: 320 x 240 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
- Motion Picture Recording HD Movie 1280x 720 pixels, 30fps (Quicktime Motion JPEG)
- Aspect Ratio 1:1 / 4:3 / 3:2 / 16:9
- Intelligent Exposure Photo & Movie
Composition Guide LinesYes (2 patterns)
- Scene Mode Help Screen No
- LCD Monitor 3.0" TFT Screen LCD Display (230K dots)Field of View : approx. 100%Power LCD mode, AUTO Power LCD mode, High Angle mode
- Playback Mode Normal Playback, Slideshow, Flitering Playback (Picture Only, Video Only, Travel, Category, Favorites), Calendar Playback
- OSD Language English, Spanish
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Interface AV Output (NTSC), USB2.0 High speed
- Power ID-Security Li-ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 895mAh) (Included)AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC) (Optional)
Battery Life340 pictures (CIPA Standard)
- Built-in-Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off0.6 - 5.0m (Wide/ISO Auto), 1.0 - 2.8m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0QuickTimeAdobe ReaderSuper LoiLoScope (trial version)
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery PackAV cable, USB CableHand Strap, CD-ROM
- Quick Menu Yes
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, 1.9 f/s Max. 5 images (Standard mode), Max 3 images (Fine Mode)High-speed Burst Mode: approx. 5.5 f/s (image priority) approx. 10 f/s (speed priority)(recorded in 3M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9, 2.5M for 1:1)
- Focus Icon Select Yes (in Face Recognition only)
- Optical Zoom in Motion Picture Yes
- Macro Zoom Yes
- Orientation Detector Yes
- Slideshow Mode All / Picture Only / Video Only / Travel / Category / FavoritesBGM Effect (Natural / Slow / Swing / Urban / OFF)
- Show Histogram Yes
- Delete Image Single / Multi / All / All except Favorites
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- Wind-Cut in Motion Picture Yes
- Intelligent ISO Control Photo
- Face Recognition Photo
- Intelligent Scene Selector Photo (Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Sunset, Macro)
- File Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3)Motion picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Intelligent Auto, P, A, S, M, Custom, SCN, My SCN2, My SCN1, Movie
- Still Picture Recording 4:3 4320x3240(14M) / 3648x2736(10M) / 3072x2304(7M) / 2560x1920(5M) / 2048X1536(3M) / 640X480(0.3M)
- Still Picture Recording 3:2 4320x2880 (12.5M) / 3648x2432 (9M) / 3072x2048 (6M) / 2560x1712 (4.5M) / 2048x1360 (2.5M) / 640x424 (0.3M)
- Still Picture Recording 16:9 4320x2432 (10.5M) / 3648x2056 (7.5M) / 3072x1728 (5.5M) / 2560x1440 (3.5M) / 1920x1080 (2M) / 640x360 (0.2M)
- Still Picture Recording 1:1 3232x3232 (10.5M) / 2736x2736 (7.5M) / 2304x2304 (5.5M) / 1920x1920 (3.5M) / 1536x1536 (2.5M)/ 480x480 (0.2M)
- Color Mode / Color Effect Standard, Natural, Vivid, Black & White, Sepia, Cool, Warm, Happy (only in iA Mode)
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / Yes / Yes
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Photo
- Mode Switch [Recording] / [Playback]
- Easy Zoom / Zoom Resume Yes/Yes
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12/30-thumbnails / Yes
- Calendar Display / Dual-Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / No
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection Yes / Yes
- Travel Date / World Time Yes / Yes
- Built-in-Memory approx. 70MB
- Microphone / Speaker Mono / Yes
- AF Tracking Photo
- Intelligent Resolution Technology Photo & Movie
- Optical Image Stabilizer Photo / Movie
- Playback Motion Picture Yes (Motion JPEG)
- LUMIX Image Uploader Yes
- Recommended Humidity 40%RH to 60%RH
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / Yes / No / No
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 4.13" x 2.27" x 1.31"
- Weight Approx. 188g without Battery and SD Memory Card (0.414 lb)Approx. 210g with Battery and SD Memory Card (0.462 lb)
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
How do I install the software?
You can install the software that came with your camera in the same fashion as any other software you may have used on your PC. There are no special procedures unique to this software.
How do I insert/remove the SD card or battery?
The SD Card slot and battery compartment are located next to each other. They can generally be found on the bottom or side of the camera behind the door labeled "Memory card/battery". If you need more assistance please click here for Help & Tutorials.
How do I format my SD Card in my camera?
For assistance on how to format your SD Card please Click Here.
How do I download photos from my camera's built in memory?
To download photos from the internal memory simply remove the SD card if you have one inserted in your camera before you connect the USB cable to your computer.
How do I download a Driver for my camera?
Drivers are not required. Panasonic's cameras use the native Windows USB driver officially included since the release of Windows XP.
How do I download a copy of the software that came with my camera, I lost mine?
The software cannot be downloaded. Please contact our parts department who can supply a copy after proof of purchase is provided. There is a small charge for shipping.
How do I correct "system error zoom"?
This error message indicates an internal problem and would require service. Click Here.
How do I convert AVCHD into an MPEG2 file?
To begin the process open "PhotoFunStudio" program.
- When the program is opened click on the button to display videos only.
- Click on the edit movie icon.
- From the drop down list select "Convert MPEG2".
- Click on the AVCHD thumbnails you wish to convert. The selected thumbnails will be highlighted in blue and have a checkmark in the box at the upper left.
- When you have selected all the thumbnails for conversion click the "Next" button.
- Click on the "Execute" button to begin conversion.
- Click "Yes" to continue.
- Please wait while the files are being converted.
- Once done click "OK" to continue.
- Click "Close".
- Now click "Yes" to exit the wizard.
- The converted videos will now have an MPEG2 icon in the lower right corner.
How do I check for the existing firmware version of my camera?
For cameras made over the past 3 model years press "menu", go into the "tools" menu and scroll the options. Towards the end of the list is a feature that can be selected. On older models there is no way for the user the read the version.
How do I change the picture size in my camera?
To change the file size of your picture please follow these instructions.
- Turn the camera on.
- Put the camera into the "REC" mode.
- Press the "Menu/Set" button to access the menu.
- Highlight "Picture Size" and press the "Right" button.
- Select the file size you wish by highlighting it and press the "Menu/Set" button.
- Press "Menu/Set" again to exit the menus.
How do I attach the strap to the camera body?
Put the small string through the metal bar and loop the rest of the camera strap through the small string.
How can you delete a picture you've just taken during Auto Review?
Press, "Playback" to bring up image, then press "Trash Can" to delete.
How can videos and pictures be transferred to my PC without using the supplied software?
Connect the camcorder to the PC via USB cable. After camcorder and PC are connected, drag and drop the files to the specified folder.
Note: The files that are drag and drop cannot be edited, burn or playback using the supplied software.
It is recommended to use the supplied software to transfer the pictures and videos to the PC.
How can the error message "Check card" be resolved when inserting SD card.
Confirm the SD card is not in "LOCK" position.
Check if the SD works in the PC. If yes, format the SD card using the PC and reinsert the SD card.
If the issue persists try to use a different SD card. If the issue remains on all of the SD cards the camcorder needs servicing. Click the link below and submit a new repair request: http://shop.panasonic.com/ecom/onlineRepair/login
How can I take better pictures with my camera?
Taking better pictures comes with practice and an understanding your camera. You must learn which settings are best for various types of photos, but eventually you will see that you are taking better photos and enjoying your new camera more and more.
How can I stop the "This Battery Cannot be Used" message?
This message appears when a non-Panasonic battery is used. If the battery is a genuine Panasonic battery, then it should be replaced.
How can I resize my photos in PhotoFunStudio?
To resize your photos, perform the following steps.
- Open "PhotFunStudio" program.
- After program opens click on the "Edit" icon at the top.
- Select "Resize" in the drop down menu.
- Click on select all. That will place a check mark in all boxes.
- Click on the "Next" button.
- Use the "Up/Down" arrows to the left in the to "Expansion/Reduction ratio" section to adjust how much you want to enlarge or reduce the picture(s).
- Click on the "Execute" button to continue.
- Click on the "Yes" button to begin the resize.
- Please wait for the process to complete.
- Click the "OK" button to continue.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How can I maximize my SD Card?
The maximum amount of space will be achieved when all previous photos have been deleted. The actual number of photos your card can hold will vary depending on the size, resolution and content of the photos.
How can I download video to a MAC?
Connect to your Mac with the USB cable and import with iMovie 11.
How can I copy photos to my PC?
To copy photos to your PC, perform the following steps.
- Launch the "PhotoFunStudio" program.
- After the program has opened click on the "Copy to PC" icon.
- Click on the icon of the connected device.
- Please wait while photos are imported.
- The pictures showing will be imported when you click "Next".
- Choose the save destination by clicking on the "Browse save destination folders" then click on the "Execute" button.
- Click "Yes" to continue.
- The images will be copied to the destination folder on your computer.
- When transfer is complete click on the "OK" button.
- Click on the "Close" button to exit the "Copy to PC" wizard.
- Confirm you want to exit by pressing "Yes".
How can I check the status of my camera repair?
You can check the repair status of your camera by clicking on the link below and entering your email address and password. Click Here or contacting our Call Center at 1-800-211-7262.
How am I able to correct the error message that my laptop does not find the new equipment whenever I connect my Camcorder to the laptop?
Make sure that you are using the supplied USB that comes with the Camcorder. Then, attempt to connect the camcorder to a different USB port. Also, you may try to connect to a different PC to determine whether the issue is with the PC or camcorder.
English is not my native language and I've noticed that Panasonic's cameras sold in the U.S. only support English and Spanish. How can other languages be added?
Unfortunately, they can't. The languages are embedded into the microprocessor, and selected for each regional version of our cameras. A note of warning - do not attempt to load firmware intended for another region into your camera. It will not change the available languages and it may seriously damage your camera. Such damage is not covered under the product warranty.
Does this camera us SDXC memory cards?
Yes, it can use standard SD cards, SDHC cards, and SDXC cards.
Does the DMC-ZS8 offer creative panoramic effects?
The camera has Panorama Assist as one of the scene modes.
Do you supply software for Mac OS10?
We regret to inform you that Apple support is not provided with this product.
Do I need to install firmware updates for my camera that are posted on the Panasonic website?
Firmware updates are usually not mandatory. They are released to correct minor issues that were discovered after the product was released. We suggest you read the description of what changes the new firmware makes. If you are experiencing that condition, you may wish to install the update.
Do I get software with my camera?
PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.0 LE (Windows XP/Vista/7). This software allows you to copy still pictures or motion pictures to a computer and sort the copied pictures by their recording date and time, model name of the digital camera used, or other attributes. You can write pictures to a DVD, create a Slide Show using your preferred music or effects and so on before saving it to a DVD.
Could the MC protector from Panasonic be referred as a UV Filter?
No, MC stands for Multi-Coated referring to the multiple coatings that are applied to our filters to reduce lens refraction and glare.
Can you text stamp latitude and longitude GPS information on my photos?
You will only see location, city, landmarks, etc. However, the latitude/longitude information can be seen in the EXIF data.
Can you connect this camera to my TV?
Yes, with the supplied cable.
Can this camera take video?
Yes. This unit can record motion pictures in either AVCHD or MP4 formats.
Can the camera's menu be shown in any other language?
Cameras sold for the US market generally support English and Spanish. Portugese is also now supported in some 2012 models.
Can I use a class 10 SDHC card with this camera?
Yes, you can.
Can I retrieve video that I deleted from my SD card?
There are third party software products on the market for SD Card recovery.
Can I record in PAL?
No, NTSC only.
Can additional languages be added to the camera?
The camera is unable to add additional languages.
Are there firmware updates available for my camera?
If the "Drivers & Downloads" tab is visible, then there are updates available for your camera.
Firmware updates are occasionally released to correct minor problems that may have been discovered after the camera was released. Not all cameras may experience the issue that was responsible for the firmware update. Review what the firmware changes and see if you are experiencing the problem that the new version corrects. If so, install it - If not, no need.
Are cameras sold in the U.S. covered by an International Warranty?
Generally, no. Some cameras sold abroad are sold with an international warranty. In order for the warranty to be valid, the proof of purchase must show that the camera was purchased in a country that offers products with international warranties. "Gray Goods", foreign versions purchased in the U.S. would generally not have a valid U.S. warranty, and in some cases even obtaining an out of warranty repair could be a problem when parts are not available.
What does the letter at the end model number mean?
The letter denotes the color of camera.
"A" = Blue camera
"B" = Blue camera
"D" = Orange camera
"G" = Green camera
"H" = Gray camera
"K" = Black camera
"P" = Pink camera
"R" = Red camera
"S" = Silver camera
"T" = Brown camera
"V" = Violet camera
"W" = White camera
"Y" = Yellow camera
- There are vertical/horizontal lines in my LCD screen. What do I do?
- The LCD screen on my camera is blank. What do I do?
- My lens cover won't open or close. What do I do?
My LCD screen is cracked. Can it be repaired or replaced?
Yes the LCD screen can be repaired, but accidental damage is not covered under warranty so there will be a charge. To get more help and information please click here.
My camera's lens won't extend or retract. What do I do?
Remove the battery and replace it. If this does not correct the issue then the camera will need to be serviced. Please click here for more assistance.Click Here.
My camera won't turn on because i dropped it. How can i get it fixed?
For assistance on this issue please click here.
My camera won't power on. What can I do?
If you have a second battery, try it to see if you can power on the camera. If you don't have an extra battery and you're sure the battery you have is fully charged then the camera may need to be serviced. Click Here.
My camera is connected to my computer, but Picasa does not recognize any device connected. How can I upload my pictures?
Does your computer recognize the camera? If so, you can upload the pictures to the computer then see if Picasa can import them from your hard drive instead of straight from the camera.
My baby smeared peanut butter on my camera lens. Any suggestion on cleaning it off?
The best way to clean it would be to use a liquid lens cleaner and lens cleaning tissues. DO NOT use cleaners such as Windex or paper towels or tissues. You can pick up the liquid lens cleaner and the lens cleaning tissues at your local camera shop.
Is there any software for the Mac OS that will work with the camera or camcorder?
Yes, iMovie and iPhoto can be used to import the video and pictures.
Is PHOTOfunSTUDIO compatible with Mac?
No, PHOTOfunSTUDIO is not compatible with Mac.
Is it possible to view the 3D images on the camera?
No. It is not.
I'm traveling overseas and need to know if I need a voltage converter?
The charger that is provided with your camera will work with global AC power, from 90 - 240 VAC; no "power transformer" is required. You will however require a mechanical adapter plug to convert the two pronged plug used in the U.S. to the power connection type used in the countries you will be visiting.
I'm having problems transferring photos via Wi Fi directly to my computer.
In the majority of cases the difficulty lies with the sharing attributes of the folder to which you are attempting to send photos to, and/or a mismatch in the computer's network name. First, check to see if you installed the PhotofunStudio software that came with your camera. During the installation, you will be asked if you want to create a "Lumix Share"folder. Answer "YES". This will automatically set the sharing attributes of this folder to allow sharing with an external device, the camera in this case. If you have not installed it, please install it now. Next, when Windows is installed it automatically creates a "workgroup"and gives it a default name of WORKGROUP. If the you changed this name, the camera must be changed to match the new name. This is done from the camera's WiFi setup menu. Finally, after both of the above have been checked, please reset all the WiFi settings back to their default values. Once this has been done, create a new connection.
If a SDHC, SDXC Memory Card is used for continuous video recording, will it stop recording when it reaches 4GB?
In AVCHD video recording, the file will be divided, but it will not stop recording video. However, in MP4 video recording, recording will stop when 4GB is reached.
I was looking for a new SD card for my Lumix and found some that are Wi-Fi enabled ("Eye Fi" brand and similar). Are these compatible with this particular camera?
Panasonic does not specifically set up our cameras to work with this type of SD Card. The best thing to do is check the website of the manufacturer of the card. They usually list all the cameras that their card works with.
I saw a notice on Panasonic's web site that a firmware update was available for my camera. What is a "firmware update" and is it important that I install it?
Panasonic may occasionally add a new feature to the camera, or if we discover a minor problem after the camera started selling Panasonic may issue new firmware to make the necessary changes. Any new firmware release includes a description of the changes it makes. If you are having the problem it corrects, or if you want to add the new feature, follow the instructions and install the update. You should always begin the firmware update usong a fully charged battery.
I purchased a third party battery for my Panasonic Lumix camera and have discovered it doesn't work. Why is that?
Panasonic's digital still cameras include safety technology that can authenticate a genuine Panasonic battery. Compare to older type nickel cadmium batteries, today's Lithium-Ion batteries can store substantially more power. With this increase, additional safety measures must be included to guard against over charging or short circuits that could cause damage to the camera or even personal injury. Many after market batteries do not include these safety features. Panasonic's design places the customer's safety first.
I need to download PHOTOfunSTUDIO.
PhotofunStudio cannot be downloaded from the Panasonic web site. If you own a Panasonic camera, please contact our parts department. You will need to provide a copy of your proof of purchase. There is no charge for the software, but there is a minimal charge for the shipping and handling.
I need help with using iA at night. I know I am doing something wrong. I Can't get the camera to take a picture with iA on at night. Yes I have the flash on.
The camera will not fire in iA mode unless it has a subject to focus on. So if taking pictures in very low light or complete darkness, the shutter will not fire therefore you will have to use another shooting mode.
I need drivers for a Mac.
There are no drivers required for either Mac or PC.
I need a RAW driver.
RAW files require more than a driver to view the files. RAW files can be read using photo editing programs such as Adobe's Photoshop or Aperture. These companies also release software updates to allow their programs to read each manufacturers newest camera's RAW files. Panasonic's G series cameras also come with Silky Pix, a simplified program that allows the user to open and adjust RAW files.
I just purchased an SDXC card (48 GB or 64GB). When I connect my camera to my computer running the MAC OS it's unable to read the card. Is there an update available?
At this time Apple (MAC) does not recognize or support SDXC media. We anticipate that Apple may already be working on a software solution. Please contact Apple for additional information.
I formatted my SD Card on my computer and now my camera is saving my pictures to the internal memory.
The newly formatted SD Card is not being recognized by the camera. The SD Card should be formatted in the camera to make sure the format structure is recognized by the camera. Also, make sure the card is not locked.
I cannot seem to figure out why the flash goes off twice when shutter button pressed to take pictures.
This occurs once red-eye reduction flash option selected. The subject should remain still until second flash triggered.
I can not see the RAW files on my computer.
Your computer cannot view RAW files by itself. RAW files require using photo editing programs such as Adobe's Photoshop or Aperture. These companies also release software updates to allow their programs to read each manufacturers newest camera's RAW files. Panasonic's G series cameras also come with Silky Pix, a simplified program that allows the user to open and adjust RAW files.
How would using a third party battery effect my cameras warranty?
For safety reasons Panasonic recommends using only a genuine Panasonic battery. Using another battery would not have any direct effect. If an after market battery malfunctions, or causes any damage to the camera, such damage would not be covered under the standard warranty.
How long should my battery last?
CIPA figures which range from 300-400 photos (depending on the camera model). CIPA measurement methods use a very controlled method to measure battery life. The procedure takes a specific number of shots at a fixed interval, with a fixed ratio of flash photos. While this method provides a standardized measurement that can be used to compare two cameras, it's far from how the camera is actually used. Life expectancy can be affected by any of the following:
- If the flash is used, the total number of photos can decrease by 30-40%
- If the camera has GPS, you can expect up to a 50% reduction in battery life. If the customer has no immediate need for GPS disable the feature in the camera's menu options.
- While the battery saver feature will turn the LCD panel off after a preset time (and place the camera into sleep mode) the camera still draws some power from the battery. We suggestion, turn the camera after each shot. At social gatherings, try and minimize passing the camera around the table to have others look at the photos. The LCD panel consumes ~30% of the total power.
How do I update the software that came with my camera?
The software you received with this camera does not have an update.
How do I update the PHOTOfunSTUDIO software that came with my camera?
If you have the original software, PHOTOfunSTUDIO x.x or PHOTOfunSTUDIO x.x HD, that came with this camera you can update to the latest version by clicking here, scrolling down to the PHOTOfunSTUDIO section, and selecting your version.
How do I turn off the "Flash" function?
On most models, press the button just above "menu". It is labeled with a "lightening bolt". Pressing it will offer several options related to the flash operation.
How do I transfer video from my camera to my PC?
Here is how to transfer video to your PC.
- The power on both the camera and PC should be on. Connect the camera to the PC with a USB cable.
- Open the PhotoFunStudio program.
- Click on the "Copy to PC" icon.
- Click on the Icon representing your camera.
- Click the "Next" button.
- A check mark will appear in the corner box of all thumbnails selected for transfer.
- Click "Next".
- The next screen will allow you to choose the destination folder.
- Click "Execute" to move on.
- Click "Yes" to verify.
- The video is now being transferred.
- When the video has completed its transfer click "Close".
- Click "Yes" to verify.
- If you wish to play a video double click it.
How do I take pictures using the aperture priority mode?
To learn how to do this, Click Here
How do I resolve the error message "turn off and turn back on"?
There appears to be a problem with the internal components of the unit. The camcorder needs to be serviced. Click the link below and submit a new repair request.
How do I resolve a "Lens Err" error message?
There appears to be something wrong with the internal components of the unit. Try resetting the camcorder. To reset the camcorder, go to the Menu screen and select "Setup". Next select "Initial Set". If the issue persists, the camcorder needs to be serviced. Click the link below and submit a new repair request:
How do I reset the folder and picture number?
Go into the "Setup" menu and scroll until you reach "Rec. Reset" or "No. Reset" and follow the reset procedure there.
How do I reset my digital Camera ?
* To reset your camera, first make sure your camera is not in the iA mode.
- Press the [Menu/Set] button to bring up the Menu screen
- Highlight the "Setup" icon
- Press [Menu/Set]
- Scroll through the "Setup" pages until you highlight "Reset"
- Press [Menu/Set] again follow the screen prompt to highlight "Yes"
- Press [Menu/Set]
Note: Some cameras will have a second prompt (do the same) until you have returned to the "Setup" page.
You have now reset the camera.
How do I remove or insert my SD Card and battery in my compact camera?
To learn how to do this, Click Here
How do I know when my Digital Still Camera battery is fully charged?
When a battery is inserted into a Panasonic charger a green steady light will appear. When the green light goes out, the battery is completely charged, and ready to use in the camera. A blinking GREEN LED indicates a charging problem. The battery can be "shorted", though more often it is caused by a battery that is too hot or too cold. The battery should be allowed to come to room temperature before charging. Also, if the battery is 100% discharged, the blinking condition will subside after the battery has been on the charger for 10-15 minutes. If the condition persists, the battery should be replaced.
Why do I have spots on some of my photos?
Spots can occur due to dust or dirt inside the lens, or when flash is used in a very dusty environment.
Why do I get a message saying my camera will not read the Sd card?
In such cases, first, try formatting the card using the camera. We do not recommend using your PC to format the card. If the problem persists, try using another SD card.
Why do I get a black screen when I play back pictures on my camera?
When original pictures on an SD card have been altered by rotating, stretching or editing and are not saved back into its original file folder (DCIM/pana) the file extensions are altered and therefore the camera cannot playback the image and instead displays a black screen. The pictures can still be viewed and saved on the computer however once altered they can no longer be viewed on the camera. A black image on the display can also be caused by accidentally deleting one of the movie images file. A video will create several files - if one of these files are deleted the camera will not recognize the format and therefore will display a black screen.
Why can't I upload my photos to my email service?
You may need to reduce the size of the photos in order to be able to send them through email. Check with your email provider to see what the limitations might be.
Why aren't my file numbers recorded consecutivly?
When you perform an operation after taking a certain action, the pictures may be recorded in folders with different numbers from the ones prior to operation.
Why am I unable to see the videos that were transfered from the product to the PC?
When transferring videos to the PC use the editing software that is provided with the product (HD Writer LE2.0).
Also, when transferring videos confirm your destination folder.
Why am I unable to read the PDF operating instructions for HD Writer AE 4.1?
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later, or Adobe Reader 7.0 or later installed on your PC.
Which battery and/or charger is compatible to my camera?
The compatible battery is the DMW-BCG10PP and the charger for it is the DE-A65B.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the serial number to the camera?
The serial number can be found on the bottom of the camera usually on a black metalic sticker. In the lower right hand corner is a small silver box with the serial number in it.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
What size SD Card can I use in my Camera?
Cameras with a manufacturing date of 2006 or before can use Standard Sd Cards ( 2GB Max ) only. Models manufactured from 2007 thru 2009 can use Standard SD Cards and SDHC Cards ( Max 32GB ) Cameras Manufactured 2010 and later can use all SD Cards up to and including SDXC cards (64GBMax ).There is no firmware update that willincrease the maximum size of the SD Card for allowable usage.
What should I do if my camera won't turn on?
First, ensure that the batter is fully charged, keeping in mind that the charge indicator light turns off after charging is complete (approximately 90 minutes). A depleted battery will usually cause the camera to power on, and then quickly off. If your battery is more than a year old, it may need to be replaced. A new battery can be purchased from the Panasonic National Parts Center by calling 800-833-9626 or visiting www.Panasonic.com/parts
What is O.I.S?
O.I.S (Optical Image Stabilizer) helps to reduce the effects of shake during the recording while walking, or holding the unit and recording the subject while using zoom.
What is AVCHD?
AVCHD stands for Advanced Video Coding High Definition. AVCHD is the format for recording and playback of High Definition Videos.