LUMIX ZS30: WiFi Enabled Compact Long Zoom Camera
- Replacement Accessories
- Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 1.3
Connection problem with Apple iOS devices via Wi-Fi is fixed.
Improvement of Connectivity with Mac/PC
Improved Automatic Time Adjustment by GPS signal.
- Release Date: 4-14-2014
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- How To Upload to Picasa
- How To Upload Pictures to YouTube.
- How to Import Pictures Using iPhoto Software
- How to Send Images While Recording-Mac
- How to Format SD Card/Internal Memory
- How to Remove/Insert SD Card/Batteries
- DMC-ZS30 How to Format SD Card
- DMC-ZS30 How to Format Internal Memory
- How To Send Images stored in the Camera to a Mac.
- How to Upload to FaceBook
- How to Send Images Stored in the Camera to an iOS Device.
- How to Transfer Images Using NFC
- How to Transfer Videos to your PC using HD Writer
- How to Transfer Pictures to your PC with PHOTOfunSTUDIO
- How to Shoot Using Aperture Priority
- How to Install Software
- How to Create a Shared Folder on your PC Using PHOTOfunSTUDIO
- How to Connect your Camera to a Wireless Network Using the WPS ( Push Button ) Method.
- How to Take Better Photos
- How to Import pictures using Photo Gallery
- How To Upload to Flickr.
- How To Upload to Picasa.
- How To Upload to Twitter.
- How to Create a LUMIX Club Account.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 108.3 x 58.9 x 27.7 mm / (4.26 x 2.32 x 1.09 inch)
- Weight Approx. 172g without Battery and SD Memory Card (0.38 lb) / Approx. 198g with Battery and SD Memory Card (0.44 lb)
- Camera Effective Pixels 18.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1/2.3-inch High Sensitivity MOS Sensor / 18.9 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
ApertureF3.3 - 6.4 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F3.3 - 8.0(W), F6.4 - 8.0(T))
Focal Lengthf=4.3 - 86.0mm (24 - 480mm in 35mm equiv.) / (28-560mm in 35mm equiv. in video recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 24.5x (4:3 / 12M), 30.0x (4:3 / 8M), 38.2x (4:3 / 5M), 47.8x (Under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom 40x
- 2- Speed Zoom Yes
- Optical Image Stabilizer/Five Axis Correction HYBRID O.I.S.+ (On / Off) / Yes
Digital ZoomMax. 4x
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 50 cm - infinity / Tele 200 cm - infinity / Macro / Intelligent AUTO/ motion picture: Wide 3 cm - infinity / Tele 100cm - infinity
AF Assist LampYes (On/Off)
- AF Metering Face / AF Tracking / Touch Area (in Touch AF/AE)/ 23-Area / 1-Area / Spot
- Shutter Speed approx. 4 - 1/2000 sec / 15sec / 30sec in Sarry Sky mode
- File Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3) / 3D Image: MPO / Motion picture: AVCHD, MP4
- Recording Modes
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Intelligent Auto, P, A, S, M, C1, C2,Panorama Shot, SCN, Creative Control
- Creative Control mode Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, One Point Color
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Hand Held Night Shot, HDR, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Starry Sky, Glass Through, Underwater, High Speed Video, 3D Photo
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full- Resolution Image: 10 frames/sec Max. 6 images with AF Tracking: 5 frames/sec, 2 frames/sec Max.100 images Intelligent Burst Shooting / High- speed Burst: approx. 40 frames/sec (recorded in 5M/3M/0.3M for 4:3, 4.5M/2.5M/0.3M for 3:2, 3.5M/2M/0.2M for 16:9, 3.5M/2.5M/0.2M for 1:1) / approx. 60 frames/sec (recorded in 2.5M/0.3M for 4:3, 3M/0.3M for 3:2, 3.5M/0.2M for 16:9, 2M/0.2M for 1:1) / Flash burst shooting
- Motion Picture Recording (*2)
- HD Video 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60p (FHD: 28Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) / 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60i (FHD: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) / 1280 x 720 pixels, 60p (HD: 17Mpbs, HD: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) / 1920 x 1080 pixels, 30fps (FHD: 20Mbps / MP4) / 1280 x 720 pixels, 30fps (HD: 10Mbps / MP4)
- STD Video 640 x 480 pixels, 30fps (VGA: 4Mbps / MP4)
- High Speed Video 1280 x 720 pixels, 120fps (HD) / 640 x 480 pixels, 240fps (VGA)
- Continuous recordable time (motion pictures)
- AVCHD approx. 75 min (FHD / 60p), 80min (FHD / 60i)
- MP4 approx. 90 min (FHD)
- Actual recordable time (motion pictures)
- AVCHD approx. 30 min (FHD / 60p), 35min (FHD / 60i)
- MP4 approx. 40 min (FHD)
- Exposure Parameters
ExposureProgram AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV step, +/-2 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing 1/3 -1EV step, Max +/-1EV, 3 frames
- Light Metering Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
ISO SensitivityAuto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 * (* Extended ISO) / High Sensitivity mode (ISO 1600-6400)
- Picture Quality
- Still Picture Recording [1:1] 3664x3664 (10.5M) / 2992x2992 (7.5M EZ) / 2448x2448 (6M EZ)/ 1920x1920 (3.5M EZ) / 1536x1536 (2.5M EZ) / 480x480 (0.2M EZ) / [4:3] 4896x3672 (18M) / 4000x3000 (12M EZ) / 3264x2448 (8M EZ)/ 2560X1920 (5M EZ) / 2048X1536 (3M EZ) / 640x480 (0.3M EZ) / [3:2] 4896x3264 (16M) / 4000x2672 (10.5M EZ) / 3264x2176 (7M EZ)/ 2560x1712 (4.5M EZ) / 2048x1360 (2.5M EZ) / 640x424 (0.3M EZ) / [16:9] 4896x2752 (13.5M) / 4000x2248 (9M EZ) / 3264x1840 (6M EZ)/ 2560x1440 (3.5M EZ) / 1920x1080 (2M EZ) / 640x360 (0.2M EZ)
- Image Quality Fine / Standard (3D mode: MPO Fine / MPO Standard )
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set / White Balance Adjustment (Except Auto)
- Photo Style / Film Mode -
- Color Mode / Color Effect / My color Color Mode : Standard, Black&White, Sepia, Vivid (in P, A, S, M), Happy (only in iA mode)
- Aspect Bracketing -
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Yes
- GPS Yes(GPS / GLONASS) / Map / GPS LOG
- Wi-FI IEEE 802.11b/g/n / 2412MHz - 2462MHz (1-11ch) / WPA / WPA2 / Infurastracture mode / WPS / Wi-Fi Direct / Wi-Fi Button
- NFC Yes
- Zoom in Motion Picture Yes
Self Timer2sec / 10sec
Playback ModeAll, Slideshow, Filtering Play（Picture Only, Video Only, 3D Play, GPS Area Play, Map, Travel, Category Selection, Select Date, Favorite), Calendar
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Yes (Touch Magnification)
- Calendar Display / Dual- Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / No
- Show Histogram Yes
- Show Highlights -
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection Yes / Yes
- Retouch Creative Retouch / Auto Retouch
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / Yes / No / No
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / Yes / Yes
- Cut Animation Yes
- Video Divide Yes
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- OSD language English, Spanish
LCD Monitor3.0"(7.5cm) TFT Touch Screen LCD Display (920K dots), Multi-Touch / Field of View : approx. 100% / AUTO Power Monitor mode, Power Monitor mode
- Built- in- Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off, 0.6 - 6.4m (Wide/ISO Auto), 1.0 - 3.3m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Built- in- Memory Approx. 12MB
- Microphone / Speaker Stereo / Mono
- Battery life (approx.) 300 pictures (CIPA Standard)*1
- Standard Package
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.1 PE / Adobe Reader
- Standard Accessories Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, USB Cable, Hand Strap, DVD-ROM
- NOTE *1 / Recording conditions by CIPA standard / - CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera & Imaging Products Association]. / - Temperature: 23 oC (73.4 oF)/Humidity: 50%RH when LCD monitor is on. / - Using a Panasonic SD Memory Card (32 MB). / - Using the supplied battery. / - Starting recording 30 seconds after the camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabilizer function is set to [ON].) / - Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording. / - Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa in every recording. / - Turning the camera off every 10 recordings and leaving it until the temperature of the battery decreases. / *2 / - These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23 oC (73.4 oF) and a humidity of 50%RH. / - The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use. / - Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON] / [OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation etc. / - Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [AVCHD] in [FHD/60p]/[FHD/60i] is 29 minutes 59 seconds. / - Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to 4 GB.
- UPC 885170117464
Advanced Features Manuals
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.