LUMIX ZS30: WiFi Enabled Compact Long Zoom Camera
- Control and share instantly from your smartphone
- Stunning Full HD video from an optically stabilized 20X Zoom
- Create your memories with built-in creative effects
- Replacement Accessories
- Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
Firmware & Drivers
- Version: 1.3
Connection problem with Apple iOS devices via Wi-Fi is fixed.
Improvement of Connectivity with Mac/PC
Improved Automatic Time Adjustment by GPS signal.
- Release Date: 4-14-2014
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- How to Format SD Card/Internal Memory
- How to Remove/Insert SD Card/Batteries
- DMC-ZS30 How to Format SD Card
- DMC-ZS30 How to Format Internal Memory
- How To Send Images stored in the Camera to a Mac.
- How To Upload Pictures to YouTube.
- How to Upload to FaceBook
- How to Send Images Stored in the Camera to an iOS Device.
- How to Transfer Images Using NFC
- How to Transfer Videos to your PC using HD Writer
- How to Transfer Pictures to your PC with PHOTOfunSTUDIO
- How to Shoot Using Aperture Priority
- How to Install Software
- How to Create a Shared Folder on your PC Using PHOTOfunSTUDIO
- How to Connect your Camera to a Wireless Network Using the WPS ( Push Button ) Method.
- How to Take Better Photos
- How To Upload to Flickr.
- How To Upload to Picasa.
- How To Upload to Twitter.
- How to Create a LUMIX Club Account.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 108.3 x 58.9 x 27.7 mm / (4.26 x 2.32 x 1.09 inch)
- Weight Approx. 172g without Battery and SD Memory Card (0.38 lb) / Approx. 198g with Battery and SD Memory Card (0.44 lb)
- Camera Effective Pixels 18.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1/2.3-inch High Sensitivity MOS Sensor / 18.9 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
ApertureF3.3 - 6.4 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F3.3 - 8.0(W), F6.4 - 8.0(T))
Focal Lengthf=4.3 - 86.0mm (24 - 480mm in 35mm equiv.) / (28-560mm in 35mm equiv. in video recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 24.5x (4:3 / 12M), 30.0x (4:3 / 8M), 38.2x (4:3 / 5M), 47.8x (Under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom 40x
- 2- Speed Zoom Yes
- Optical Image Stabilizer/Five Axis Correction HYBRID O.I.S.+ (On / Off) / Yes
Digital ZoomMax. 4x
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 50 cm - infinity / Tele 200 cm - infinity / Macro / Intelligent AUTO/ motion picture: Wide 3 cm - infinity / Tele 100cm - infinity
AF Assist LampYes (On/Off)
- AF Metering Face / AF Tracking / Touch Area (in Touch AF/AE)/ 23-Area / 1-Area / Spot
- Shutter Speed approx. 4 - 1/2000 sec / 15sec / 30sec in Sarry Sky mode
- File Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3) / 3D Image: MPO / Motion picture: AVCHD, MP4
- Recording Modes
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Intelligent Auto, P, A, S, M, C1, C2,Panorama Shot, SCN, Creative Control
- Creative Control mode Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, One Point Color
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Hand Held Night Shot, HDR, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Starry Sky, Glass Through, Underwater, High Speed Video, 3D Photo
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full- Resolution Image: 10 frames/sec Max. 6 images with AF Tracking: 5 frames/sec, 2 frames/sec Max.100 images Intelligent Burst Shooting / High- speed Burst: approx. 40 frames/sec (recorded in 5M/3M/0.3M for 4:3, 4.5M/2.5M/0.3M for 3:2, 3.5M/2M/0.2M for 16:9, 3.5M/2.5M/0.2M for 1:1) / approx. 60 frames/sec (recorded in 2.5M/0.3M for 4:3, 3M/0.3M for 3:2, 3.5M/0.2M for 16:9, 2M/0.2M for 1:1) / Flash burst shooting
- Motion Picture Recording (*2)
- HD Video 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60p (FHD: 28Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) / 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60i (FHD: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) / 1280 x 720 pixels, 60p (HD: 17Mpbs, HD: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) / 1920 x 1080 pixels, 30fps (FHD: 20Mbps / MP4) / 1280 x 720 pixels, 30fps (HD: 10Mbps / MP4)
- STD Video 640 x 480 pixels, 30fps (VGA: 4Mbps / MP4)
- High Speed Video 1280 x 720 pixels, 120fps (HD) / 640 x 480 pixels, 240fps (VGA)
- Continuous recordable time (motion pictures)
- AVCHD approx. 75 min (FHD / 60p), 80min (FHD / 60i)
- MP4 approx. 90 min (FHD)
- Actual recordable time (motion pictures)
- AVCHD approx. 30 min (FHD / 60p), 35min (FHD / 60i)
- MP4 approx. 40 min (FHD)
- Exposure Parameters
ExposureProgram AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV step, +/-2 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing 1/3 -1EV step, Max +/-1EV, 3 frames
- Light Metering Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
ISO SensitivityAuto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 * (* Extended ISO) / High Sensitivity mode (ISO 1600-6400)
- Picture Quality
- Still Picture Recording [1:1] 3664x3664 (10.5M) / 2992x2992 (7.5M EZ) / 2448x2448 (6M EZ)/ 1920x1920 (3.5M EZ) / 1536x1536 (2.5M EZ) / 480x480 (0.2M EZ) / [4:3] 4896x3672 (18M) / 4000x3000 (12M EZ) / 3264x2448 (8M EZ)/ 2560X1920 (5M EZ) / 2048X1536 (3M EZ) / 640x480 (0.3M EZ) / [3:2] 4896x3264 (16M) / 4000x2672 (10.5M EZ) / 3264x2176 (7M EZ)/ 2560x1712 (4.5M EZ) / 2048x1360 (2.5M EZ) / 640x424 (0.3M EZ) / [16:9] 4896x2752 (13.5M) / 4000x2248 (9M EZ) / 3264x1840 (6M EZ)/ 2560x1440 (3.5M EZ) / 1920x1080 (2M EZ) / 640x360 (0.2M EZ)
- Image Quality Fine / Standard (3D mode: MPO Fine / MPO Standard )
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set / White Balance Adjustment (Except Auto)
- Photo Style / Film Mode -
- Color Mode / Color Effect / My color Color Mode : Standard, Black&White, Sepia, Vivid (in P, A, S, M), Happy (only in iA mode)
- Aspect Bracketing -
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Yes
- GPS Yes(GPS / GLONASS) / Map / GPS LOG
- Wi-FI IEEE 802.11b/g/n / 2412MHz - 2462MHz (1-11ch) / WPA / WPA2 / Infurastracture mode / WPS / Wi-Fi Direct / Wi-Fi Button
- NFC Yes
- Zoom in Motion Picture Yes
Self Timer2sec / 10sec
Playback ModeAll, Slideshow, Filtering Play（Picture Only, Video Only, 3D Play, GPS Area Play, Map, Travel, Category Selection, Select Date, Favorite), Calendar
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Yes (Touch Magnification)
- Calendar Display / Dual- Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / No
- Show Histogram Yes
- Show Highlights -
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection Yes / Yes
- Retouch Creative Retouch / Auto Retouch
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / Yes / No / No
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / Yes / Yes
- Cut Animation Yes
- Video Divide Yes
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- OSD language English, Spanish
LCD Monitor3.0"(7.5cm) TFT Touch Screen LCD Display (920K dots), Multi-Touch / Field of View : approx. 100% / AUTO Power Monitor mode, Power Monitor mode
- Built- in- Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off, 0.6 - 6.4m (Wide/ISO Auto), 1.0 - 3.3m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Built- in- Memory Approx. 12MB
- Microphone / Speaker Stereo / Mono
- Battery life (approx.) 300 pictures (CIPA Standard)*1
- Standard Package
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.1 PE / Adobe Reader
- Standard Accessories Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, USB Cable, Hand Strap, DVD-ROM
- NOTE *1 / Recording conditions by CIPA standard / - CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera & Imaging Products Association]. / - Temperature: 23 oC (73.4 oF)/Humidity: 50%RH when LCD monitor is on. / - Using a Panasonic SD Memory Card (32 MB). / - Using the supplied battery. / - Starting recording 30 seconds after the camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabilizer function is set to [ON].) / - Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording. / - Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa in every recording. / - Turning the camera off every 10 recordings and leaving it until the temperature of the battery decreases. / *2 / - These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23 oC (73.4 oF) and a humidity of 50%RH. / - The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use. / - Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON] / [OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation etc. / - Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [AVCHD] in [FHD/60p]/[FHD/60i] is 29 minutes 59 seconds. / - Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to 4 GB.
How do I install the software?
How do I insert/remove the SD card or battery?
How do I get GPS information to appear on Text Stamped photos?
We are sorry but that is not possible at this time.
How do I format my SD Card in my camera?
For assistance on how to format your SD Card please Click Here.
How do I download photos from my camera's built in memory?
How do I download a copy of the software that came with my camera, I lost mine?
How do I correct "system error zoom"?
This error message indicates an internal problem and would require service. Click Here.
How do I convert AVCHD into an MPEG2 file?
- When the program is opened click on the button to display videos only.
- Click on the edit movie icon.
- From the drop down list select "Convert MPEG2".
- When you have selected all the thumbnails for conversion click the "Next" button.
- Click on the "Execute" button to begin conversion.
- Click "Yes" to continue.
- Please wait while the files are being converted.
- Once done click "OK" to continue.
- Click "Close".
- Now click "Yes" to exit the wizard.
- The converted videos will now have an MPEG2 icon in the lower right corner.
How do I change the picture size in my camera?
- Turn the camera on.
- Put the camera into the "REC" mode.
- Press the "Menu/Set" button to access the menu.
- Highlight "Picture Size" and press the "Right" button.
- Select the file size you wish by highlighting it and press the "Menu/Set" button.
- Press "Menu/Set" again to exit the menus.
How do I attach the strap to the camera body?
Put the small string through the metal bar and loop the rest of the camera strap through the small string.
How can you delete a picture you've just taken during Auto Review?
Press, "Playback" to bring up image, then press "Trash Can" to delete.
How can videos and pictures be transferred to my PC without using the supplied software?
Note: The files that are drag and drop cannot be edited, burn or playback using the supplied software.
It is recommended to use the supplied software to transfer the pictures and videos to the PC.
How can the error message "Check card" be resolved when inserting SD card.
Check if the SD works in the PC. If yes, format the SD card using the PC and reinsert the SD card.
If the issue persists try to use a different SD card. If the issue remains on all of the SD cards the camcorder needs servicing. Click the link below and submit a new repair request: http://shop.panasonic.com/ecom/onlineRepair/login
How can I stop the "This Battery Cannot be Used" message?
How can I set my camera's text stamp?
The following steps will set the text stamp in the camera.
- Please turn on the camera.
- Press the [Menu/Set] button on the back.
- Press the [▲] button to enter the "Playback" menu.
- Press the [►] button with the "Playback" icon highlighted.
- Press the [▼] button to highlight "Text Stamp"
- Press the [►] button to access the sub menu.
- Choose "Multi" or "Single" and click the "Menu/Set" button
- Find the photo(s) you want to have stamped and press the "Menu/Set" button.
- The screen will have a menu asking for approval to stamp the photo(s). Highlight and press "Yes".
- Please wait while the photo(s) are being stamped.
- Press the [Menu/Set] button to exit all menus.
How can I resize my photos in PhotoFunStudio?
- Open "PhotFunStudio" program.
- After program opens click on the "Edit" icon at the top.
- Select "Resize" in the drop down menu.
- Click on select all. That will place a check mark in all boxes.
- Click on the "Next" button.
- Click on the "Execute" button to continue.
- Click on the "Yes" button to begin the resize.
- Please wait for the process to complete.
- Click the "OK" button to continue.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
How can I maximize my SD Card?
How can I download video to a MAC?
Connect to your Mac with the USB cable and import with iMovie 11.
How can I copy photos to my PC?
- Launch the "PhotoFunStudio" program.
- After the program has opened click on the "Copy to PC" icon.
- Click on the icon of the connected device.
- Please wait while photos are imported.
- The pictures showing will be imported when you click "Next".
- Click "Yes" to continue.
- The images will be copied to the destination folder on your computer.
- When transfer is complete click on the "OK" button.
- Click on the "Close" button to exit the "Copy to PC" wizard.
- Confirm you want to exit by pressing "Yes".
How can I check the status of my camera repair?
How am I able to correct the error message that my laptop does not find the new equipment whenever I connect my Camcorder to the laptop?
English is not my native language and I've noticed that Panasonic's cameras sold in the U.S. only support English and Spanish. How can other languages be added?
Does this camera us SDXC memory cards?
Yes, it can use standard SD cards, SDHC cards, and SDXC cards.
Do you supply software for Mac OS10?
We regret to inform you that Apple support is not provided with this product.
Do video uploads to a youtube or facebook have a length or size limit?
Not as far as the camera is concerned, but YouTube or Facebook mayhave their own limitations.
Do I need to install firmware updates for my camera that are posted on the Panasonic website?
Do I get software with my camera?
Can you connect this camera to my TV?
Yes, with the supplied cable.
Can this camera take video?
Yes. This unit can record motion pictures in either AVCHD or MP4 formats.
Can the GPS be turned off on this camera?
Yes, it can.
Can the camera's menu be shown in any other language?
Can I use a class 10 SDHC card with this camera?
Yes, you can.
Can I upload to YouTube or Facebook?
Using the uploading tool ([LUMIX Image Uploader]), you can upload still pictures andmotion pictures to image-sharing websites (Facebook or YouTube).
Can I retrieve video that I deleted from my SD card?
There are third party software products on the market for SD Card recovery.
Can I record in PAL?
No, NTSC only.
Can I attach the 3D lens to my camcorder?
The 3D lens can only be attached to the HDC-SD90, HDC-TM90, HDC-SD800, HDC-TM900 and HDC-HS900 (3D lens are optional and not included with the unit).
Can additional languages be added to the camera?
The camera is unable to add additional languages.
Are there firmware updates available for my camera?
Firmware updates are occasionally released to correct minor problems that may have been discovered after the camera was released. Not all cameras may experience the issue that was responsible for the firmware update. Review what the firmware changes and see if you are experiencing the problem that the new version corrects. If so, install it - If not, no need.
Are cameras sold in the U.S. covered by an International Warranty?
What is AVCHD?
What does the letter at the end model number mean?
"A" = Blue camera
"B" = Blue camera
"D" = Orange camera
"G" = Green camera
"H" = Gray camera
"K" = Black camera
"P" = Pink camera
"R" = Red camera
"S" = Silver camera
"T" = Brown camera
"V" = Violet camera
"W" = White camera
"Y" = Yellow camera
- There are vertical/horizontal lines in my LCD screen. What do I do?
- The LCD screen on my camera is blank. What do I do?
Regarding the GPS feature of the DMC-ZS7, why is it that sometimes the location recorded to the photo is not correct?
When the camera is turned off it wakes up a few times per hour to obtain its current location. If the camera is located in a place where it cannot receive the GPS satellites, the position cannot be updated. In this case, when powered on it can take 30-60 seconds to acquire the latest position assuming it can receive the GPS satellites. There is a status indicator on the LCD screen that will tell the user when all the required data has been obtained. If a photo is taken without allowing the location to be updated, the last accurate location will be used.
- My lens cover won't open or close. What do I do?
My LCD screen is cracked. Can it be repaired or replaced?
My camera's lens won't extend or retract. What do I do?
Remove the battery and replace it. If this does not correct the issue then the camera will need to be serviced. Please click here for more assistance.Click Here.
My camera won't turn on because i dropped it. How can i get it fixed?
For assistance on this issue please click here.
My camera won't power on. What can I do?
I've noticed that while using my GPS equipped camera, sometimes, the location is not inserted.
GPS is a "line of sight service" that receives signals from several satellites that are constantly moving overhead. In order to calculate your position accurately, your camera's GPS receiver must simultaneously receive at least 4 GPS satellites. At any given time the number of satellites that are in line of sight to your camera will vary. Also, if you are using the camera in a city, near tall buildings, they may also obstruct your line of sight view to the GPS satellites. The building creates shadows, just as with sunlight, that can create temporary GPS outages. Such incidents are normal and do not indicate any problem that would require service.
Is there any software for the Mac OS that will work with the camera or camcorder?
Yes, iMovie and iPhoto can be used to import the video and pictures.
Is PHOTOfunSTUDIO compatible with Mac?
No, PHOTOfunSTUDIO is not compatible with Mac.
I'm traveling overseas and need to know if I need a voltage converter?
I'm having problems transferring photos via Wi Fi directly to my computer.
In the majority of cases the difficulty lies with the sharing attributes of the folder to which you are attempting to send photos to, and/or a mismatch in the computer's network name. First, check to see if you installed the PhotofunStudio software that came with your camera. During the installation, you will be asked if you want to create a "Lumix Share"folder. Answer "YES". This will automatically set the sharing attributes of this folder to allow sharing with an external device, the camera in this case. If you have not installed it, please install it now. Next, when Windows is installed it automatically creates a "workgroup"and gives it a default name of WORKGROUP. If the you changed this name, the camera must be changed to match the new name. This is done from the camera's WiFi setup menu. Finally, after both of the above have been checked, please reset all the WiFi settings back to their default values. Once this has been done, create a new connection.
I'm confused, my iPhone does not have NFC technology, will I still be able to transfer photos from a Panasonic TS5 to an iphone?
Yes, as long as you have the Lumix Link App on your phone. NFC is only supported by the Android format.
If a SDHC, SDXC Memory Card is used for continuous video recording, will it stop recording when it reaches 4GB?
I was looking for a new SD card for my Lumix and found some that are Wi-Fi enabled ("Eye Fi" brand and similar). Are these compatible with this particular camera?
I saw a notice on Panasonic's web site that a firmware update was available for my camera. What is a "firmware update" and is it important that I install it?
I purchased a third party battery for my Panasonic Lumix camera and have discovered it doesn't work. Why is that?
I need to download PHOTOfunSTUDIO.
I need drivers for a Mac.
There are no drivers required for either Mac or PC.
I need a RAW driver.
I last used my DMC-ZS7 about a week ago. I charged the battery before putting it away. Today when I went to use it the battery was almost dead. Is the battery defective?
When the camera is turned off it wakes up a few times per hour to obtain its current location. If the customer knows the camera will not be used within the next few hours, be sure did disable the GPS function from the operating menu.
I just purchased an SDXC card (48 GB or 64GB). When I connect my camera to my computer running the MAC OS it's unable to read the card. Is there an update available?
I had to resize some photos taken with my DMC-ZS7. Now, the GPS locations are not displayed. Why does this occur?
The GPS location data is stored with each photos EXIF data. Many photo editing programs will delete or remove EXIF data. EXIF data was originally intended to verify that the photo was an original photo and not one that was edited or modified.
I formatted my SD Card on my computer and now my camera is saving my pictures to the internal memory.
The newly formatted SD Card is not being recognized by the camera. The SD Card should be formatted in the camera to make sure the format structure is recognized by the camera. Also, make sure the card is not locked.
I cannot seem to figure out why the flash goes off twice when shutter button pressed to take pictures.
I can not see the RAW files on my computer.
How do I use the handheld night shot mode?
To learn how to use the night shot mode, please follow these instructions.
- Please turn the camera on.
- Press the [Mode] button on the camera to access the "REC" options.
- Use the directional buttons to access the "SCN" icon.
- Press the [Menu/Set] button.
- Press the directional buttons until you highlight the "Handheld Night shot" icon.
- Press the [Menu/Set] button to confirm your choice.
- Use the [▲] or [▼] buttons to select the picture size you want.
- Press the [Menu/Set] button to confirm your choice.
- Press the "Playback" button to review the pictures just taken.
How do I update the PHOTOfunSTUDIO software that came with my camera?
How do I turn off the "Flash" function?
How do I transfer video from my camera to my PC?
- The power on both the camera and PC should be on. Connect the camera to the PC with a USB cable.
- Open the PhotoFunStudio program.
- Click on the "Copy to PC" icon.
- Click on the Icon representing your camera.
- Click the "Next" button.
- A check mark will appear in the corner box of all thumbnails selected for transfer.
- Click "Next".
- The next screen will allow you to choose the destination folder.
- Click "Execute" to move on.
- Click "Yes" to verify.
- The video is now being transferred.
- When the video has completed its transfer click "Close".
- Click "Yes" to verify.
- If you wish to play a video double click it.
How do I take pictures using the aperture priority mode?
To learn how to do this, Click Here
How do I resolve the error message "turn off and turn back on"?
How do I resolve a "Lens Err" error message?
How do I reset the folder and picture number?
How do I reset my digital Camera ?
- Press the [Menu/Set] button to bring up the Menu screen
- Highlight the "Setup" icon
- Press [Menu/Set]
- Scroll through the "Setup" pages until you highlight "Reset"
- Press [Menu/Set] again follow the screen prompt to highlight "Yes"
- Press [Menu/Set]
Note: Some cameras will have a second prompt (do the same) until you have returned to the "Setup" page.
You have now reset the camera.
How do I remove or insert my SD Card and battery in my compact camera?
To learn how to do this, Click Here
How do I know when my Digital Still Camera battery is fully charged?
Why do I have spots on some of my photos?
Why do I get a message saying my camera will not read the Sd card?
Why can't I upload my photos to my email service?
Why aren't my file numbers recorded consecutivly?
Why am I unable to see the videos that were transfered from the product to the PC?
Also, when transferring videos confirm your destination folder.
Why am I unable to read the PDF operating instructions for HD Writer AE 4.1?
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later, or Adobe Reader 7.0 or later installed on your PC.
Where can I order parts for my product?
Where can I find the serial number to the camera?
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
What size SD Card can I use in my Camera?
What should I do if my camera won't turn on?
What is the Data Streaming rate when using Wi-Fi?
Data Streaming Rate depends on the strength of the Wi-Fi Connection.
What is O.I.S?
What is Intelligent D-range Control?
In addition to the suppression of blocked shadows, the Intelligent D-range Control also minimizes the blown highlight using gamma curve after identifying the area intelligently. Both extreme shadow and highlight are moderately compensated.