LUMIX XS1: Super Slim Creative Pocketable Camera
This item is currently not available.
- Compact and slim camera
- 5X wide angle optically stabilized zoom
- Create amazing photos with 13 in-camera creative effects
- HD video capture
- Replacement Accessories
Firmware & Drivers
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 93.8 x 53.5 x 17.6 mm / (3.69 x 2.11 x 0.69 inch)
- Weight Approx. 88g without Battery and micro SD Memory Card (0.19 lb) / Approx. 103g with Battery and microSD Memory Card (0.23 lb)
- Camera Effective Pixels 16.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1/2.33-inch CCD Sensor / 16.6 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
ApertureF2.8 - 6.9 / 2-Step (F2.8 / 9.0 (W), F6.9 / 22.0 (T))
Focal Lengthf=4.3 - 21.5mm (24 - 120mm in 35mm equiv.) / (26 - 130mm in 35mm equiv. in video recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 6.3x (4:3 / 10M), 9.0x (4:3 / 5M), 11.3x (4:3 / under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom 8x
- 2- Speed Zoom -
- Optical Image Stabilizer/Five Axis Correction MEGA O.I.S. (Off / On) / No
Digital ZoomMax. 4x
- Focusing Area Normal / Intelligent AUTO : Wide 5 cm - infinity / Tele 100 cm - infinity
AF Assist Lamp-
- AF Metering Face / 9-Area / 1-Area
- Shutter Speed approx. 8 - 1/1600 sec / 15 sec / 30 sec / 60 sec in Starry Sky mode
- File Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3) / Motion picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Recording Modes
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Intelligent Auto, Normal Picture, Creative Control, Panorama Shot, SCN
- Creative Control mode Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, One Point Color
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery,Food, Baby1(Birthday only), Baby2(Birthday only), / Pet(Birthday only), Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through, Photo Frame, Starry Sky
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, approx. 1.0 frames/sec / High-speed Burst Mode: approx. 10 frames/sec / (recorded in 3M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9, 2.5M for 1:1) / Flash burst shooting
- Motion Picture Recording (*2)
- HD Video 1280 x 720 pixels, 30 fps (HD / Motion JPEG)
- STD Video 640 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (VGA / Motion JPEG) / 320 x 240 pixels, 30fps (QVGA / Motion JPEG)
- Continuous recordable time (motion pictures)
- AVCHD -
- MP4 -
- Actual recordable time (motion pictures)
- AVCHD -
- MP4 -
- Exposure Parameters
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV step, +/-2 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing -
- Light Metering Intelligent Multiple
ISO Sensitivityi.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / High Sensitivity mode (ISO 1600-6400)
- Picture Quality
- Still Picture Recording [1:1] 3456x3456 (12M) / [4:3] 4608x3456 (16M) / 3648x2736 (10M EZ) / 2560X1920 (5M EZ) / 2048X1536 (3M EZ) / 640x480 (0.3M EZ) / [3:2] 4608x3072 (14M) / [16:9] 4608x2592 (12M)
- Image Quality -
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set
- Photo Style / Film Mode -
- Color Mode / Color Effect / My color Color Mode : Standard, Black&White, Sepia, Vivid (Normal only), Happy (only in iA mode)
- Aspect Bracketing -
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Yes
- GPS -
- Wi-FI -
- NFC -
- Zoom in Motion Picture Yes(Digital Zoom)
Self Timer2sec / 10sec
Playback ModeAll, Slideshow, Filtering Playback (Picture Only, Video Only, Category Selection, Select Date, Favorites), Calendar
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Yes
- Calendar Display / Dual- Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / No
- Show Histogram -
- Show Highlights -
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection Yes / Yes
- Retouch Creative Retouch / Auto Retouch
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / No / No / No
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / No / No
- Cut Animation -
- Video Divide -
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- OSD language English, Spanish
LCD Monitor2.7"(6.7cm) TFT Screen LCD Display (230K dots) / Field of View : approx. 100%
- Built- in- Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off, / 0.4 - 4.4m (Wide/i.ISO) / 1.0 - 1.7m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, micro SD Memory Card, micro SDHC Memory Card
- Built- in- Memory Approx. 90 MB
- Microphone / Speaker Mono / Mono
- Battery life (approx.) 260 pictures (CIPA Standard)*1
- Standard Package
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.0 LE / Adobe Reader
- Standard Accessories Battery Pack, AC adaptor, USB Cable, Hand Strap, CD-ROM
- NOTE *1 / Recording conditions by CIPA standard / - CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera & Imaging Products Association]. / - Temperature: 23 oC (73.4 oF)/Humidity: 50%RH when LCD monitor is on. / - Using a Panasonic SD Memory Card (32 MB). / - Using the supplied battery. / - Starting recording 30 seconds after the camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabilizer function is set to [ON].) / - Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording. / - Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa in every recording. / - Turning the camera off every 10 recordings and leaving it until the temperature of the battery decreases. / *2 / - These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23 oC (73.4 oF) and a humidity of 50%RH. / - The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use. / - Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON] / [OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation etc. / - Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [AVCHD] in [FHD/60p]/[FHD/60i] is 29 minutes 59 seconds. / - Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to 4 GB.
- UPC 885170117266
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.