9.1-Megapixel Compact Digital Camera with 28mm Lens and 10x Optical Zoom
This item is currently not available.
Lumix® 9.1-Megapixel Compact Digital Camera with 28mm Wide-Angle Lens, 10x Optical Zoom, Intelligent Auto Mode, 3.0" Diagonal Intelligent LCD and HD Output, Silver
- Digital Still Cameras - Connecting to a Mac
- How to Import Pictures Using iPhoto Software
- How to Transfer Pictures to a PC using the Photo Gallery Software.
- Panasonic Digital Camera Software Install
- DMC-TZ5 - How to set the Picture Size and/or Aspect Ratio
- DMC-TZ5 - How to resize a picture
- DMC-TZ5 - How to use Title Edit
- DMCTZ5: How to trim a picture
- DMCTZ5: How to add the date to a picture using Text Stamp
- DMCTZ5: How to format an SD card
- How to Take Better Photos
- Camera Type Super Zoom
- Series TZ
- Model Year 2008
- KEY FEATURES
Effective Pixels9.0 Megapixels
Optical Zoom10x (2-speed zoom)
1/2.33", 10.7 Total Megapixels
CCD, Primary Color Filter
Extra Optical Zoom
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 11.1x for 7 Mega, 13.5x for 5 Mega, 16.7x for 3 Mega, 2 Mega, 0.3 Mega
3:2 Aspect Ratio: 13.4x for 4.5 Mega, 16.7x for 2.5 Mega
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 13.4x for 3.5 Mega, 16.7x for 2 Mega
Focal Lengthf=4.6-46mm (35mm equiv: 28-280mm)
- Lens Leica DC Vario-Elmar
ApertureRange Wide: F3.3 / F8.0 (2 steps)
Tele: F4.9 / F11 (2 steps)
Optical Image Stabilizer MEGA O.I.S.( Mode 1/ Mode 2)
(Max. 40.0x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom)
(Max. 66.8x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
Normal: Wide 50cm/ Tele 200cm - infinity
Macro / Intelligent AUTO / Clipboard : Wide 5cm / Max 200cm / Tele 100cm - infinity
- PERFORMANCE FEATURES
- Conversion Lens Compatibility No
- AF Metering Face / 1-point/ 1-point high speed/ 3-point high speed/ 9-point/ Spot
- Focus Normal / Macro, Quick AF On/Off, Continuous AF On/Off
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto /100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 (High Sensitivity Mode : Auto(1600 - 6400) )
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Halogen / White Set / White Balance Adjustment (+10steps, except for auto set) (Selectable at Portrait, Soft Skin, Self-Portrait, Sports, Baby, Pet, High Sensitivity, and Highspeed Burst mode)
Exposure Program AE
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
BacklightCompensation Yes (at Intelligent AUTO mode)
Auto Bracketing( AE) +/- 1/3 EV ˜ 1EV step, 3 frames
Intelligent Multiple/ Center-weighted/ Spot
- Dedicated Button/Mode Switch Dedicated Button: MacroMode Switch: Shooting, Playback
- Shooting Mode (Mode Dial)/Rec. Mode Dial: Normal Picture, Motion Picture, Intelligent AUTO, Clipboard
- Scene Modes SCN 1&2 (Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Self-Portrait, Food, Party, Candle, Fireworks, Starry, Beach, Aerial, Snow, High Sensitivity, Baby 1&2, Sunset, Pet, Hi-Speed Burst, Multi-Aspect Shooting)
- Advanced Scene Mode No
ShutterSpeed/Shutter System 8 - 1/2,000 sec.
Starry Sky Mode: 15, 30, 60 sec.
Self Timer10 seconds / 2 seconds
- Auto Review 1sec, 3sec, Zoom, Hold
- Review No
- Picture Adjustment No
- Color Effect Mode No
- Color Mode Standard/Vivid/Cool/Warm/Natural/Black & White/Sepia
Still Image: JPEG (design rule for camera file system, based on Exif 2.21 standard), DPOF Corresponding
Image with audio: JPEG (design rule for camera file system, based on Exif 2.21 standard)+ QuickTime
Motion Picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Image Quality Fine/Standard
RECORDING IMAGE SIZE (
4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3456 x 2592
3072 x 2304
2560 x 1920
2048 x 1536
1600 x 1200
640 x 480
3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3552 x 2368
3072 x 2048
2560 x 1712
2048 x 1360
16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3712 x 2088
3072 x 1728
2560 x 1440
1920 x 1080
Motion Image (4:3 Aspect Ratio)
640 x 480, 320 x 240
30 fps, 10fps
Motion Image (16:9 Aspect Ratio)
848 x 480 - 30 fps, 10 fps
HD: 1280 x 720 - 30fps, 15fps
- CONVENIENCE FEATURES
Burst Shooting Mode
Full-Resolution Image, 2.5 frames/sec Max. 7 images (Standard mode), Max 4 images (Fine Mode)
High-speed Burst Mode: approx. 10 frames/sec (recorded in 2M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9)
Unlimited Consecutive ShootingYes
- Intelligent Exposure Yes
- Digital Red Eye Correction Yes
- Easy Zoom/Zoom Resume/Motion Zoom Yes/Yes/Yes
- Still Image Recording with Audio 5 seconds
- Audio Dubbing Maximum of 10 Seconds
Composition Guide LinesYes (2 patterns)
- Built-in Memory approx. 27MB
- Scene Mode Help Screen Yes
- Auto Angle Detection Yes
- Travel Date/World Time Yes/Yes
- Title Edit Yes
- Text Stamp/Date Stamp Yes/Yes
- STANDARD FEATURES
Built-in Flash Type/Mode
Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off
0.6-6.3m (Wide/ISO Auto), 0.3-3.1m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- External Flash No
3.0" Diagonal Polycrystalline TFT LCD Display (460K dots)
Field of View : approx. 100%
AUTO Power LCD mode, Power LCD mode, High angle mode
- Playback Mode 30 & 12-thumbnail Display, Calendar Display, Zoomed Playback (16x max.), Playback of Fav Pics, Category Playback, Slide Show, Image Rotation, Resizing, Trimming, Protection, Aspect Conv. DPOF Print Setting, Still Pics From Animation, Dual Image Playback
- OSD Language English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese
SD Memory Card
SDHC Memory Card
DC Input, AV Output (NTSC), HD AV Output
- Color Blue
Lithium-ion Battery Pack (3.7V, 1000 mAh)(Included)
AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC)(Optional)
Battery LifeUp to 300 pictures (CIPA Standard)
PhotofunStudio -viewer-, ArcSoft® MediaImpression™, ArcSoft®
Panorama Maker™, QuickTime, Adobe Reader, USB Driver
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery Pack, Battery Carrying Case, AV & USB Cables, Strap, CD-ROM
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.33'' x 4.07'' x 1.44''
- Weight 0.47 lbs
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.