9.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
This item is currently not available.
- Built in IEEE 802.11b/g WiFi®: Provides wireless internet connection.
- LEICA DC Vario-Elmar Lens: 28mm wide angle.
- Super Zoom: Get up close with 10x optical zoom
- Digital Still Cameras - Connecting to a Mac
- How to Import Pictures Using iPhoto Software
- How to Transfer Pictures to a PC using the Photo Gallery Software.
- Panasonic Digital Camera Software Install
- DMC-TZ50 - How to use Title Edit
- DMC-TZ50 - How to set the Picture Size and/or Aspect Ratio
- DMC-TZ50 - How to resize a picture
- DMCTZ50: How to set a destination e-mail address
- DMCTZ50: How to turn on Auto Connect
- DMCTZ50: How to format an SD card
- DMCTZ50: How to trim a picture
- DMCTZ50: How to add the date to a picture using Text Stamp
- DMCTZ50: How to view pictures in a Picasa Web Album
- DMCTZ50: How to reset the Wi-Fi settings to factory default
- DMCTZ50: How to display the camera's MAC Address
- DMCTZ50: How to resize a picture
- DMC-TZ50 - How to upload a picture to a Web Album
- DMC-TZ50 - How to set a home Wi-Fi access point
- DMC-TZ50 - How to enter your Gmail account settings
- DMC-TZ50 - How to email a link to your Picasa Web Album's picture
- DMC-TZ50 - How to use the camera to delete a picture from a Web Album
- How to Take Better Photos
- DMC-TZ50 - How to use Auto Bracketing Mode
- Camera Type Super Zoom
- Series TZ
- Model Year 2008
- KEY FEATURES
Effective Pixels9.1 Megapixels
1/2.33", 10.7 Total Megapixels
CCD, Primary Color Filter
Extra Optical Zoom
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 11.3x for 7 Mega, 13.5x for 5 Mega, 16.9x for 3 Mega, 2 Mega, 0.3 Mega
3:2 Aspect Ratio: 11.6x for 6 Mega, 13.9x for 4.5 Mega, 16.9x for 2.5 Mega
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 12.1x for 5.5 Mega, 14.5x for 3.5 Mega, 16.9x for 2 Mega
Focal Lengthf=4.7-47mm (35mm Equiv.: 28-280mm)
- Lens Leica DC Vario-Elmar
- Lens Construction 11 Elements in 9 Groups (3 Aspherical Lenses/4 Aspherical Surfaces, 1 ED Lens)
ApertureRange Wide: F3.3 / F8.0 (2 steps)
Tele: F4.9 / F11 (2 steps)
Optical Image Stabilizer MEGA O.I.S.( Mode 1/ Mode 2)
(Max. 40.0x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom )
(Max. 67.5x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
Normal: Wide 50cm/ Tele 200cm - infinity
Macro / Intelligent AUTO / Clipboard : Wide 5cm / Max 200cm / Tele 100cm - infinity
- PERFORMANCE FEATURES
- Conversion Lens Compatibility No
- AF Metering Face / 1-point/ 1-point high speed/ 3-point high speed/ 9-point/ Spot
- Focus Normal / Macro, Continuous AF (in Intelligent Auto, On/Off)
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto /100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 (High Sensitivity Mode : Auto(1600 - 6400) )
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Halogen / White Set / White Balance Adjustment (+10steps, except for auto set)
Exposure Program AE
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
BacklightCompensation Yes (at Intelligent AUTO mode)
Auto Bracketing( AE) +/- 1/3 EV ˜ 1EV step, 3 frames
Intelligent Multiple/ Center-weighted/ Spot
- Shooting Mode (Mode Dial)/Rec. Mode Intelligent AUTO, Normal Picture, Scene, Motion Picture, Clipboard, Wi-Fi Mode
- Scene Modes Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Self-Portrait, Food, Party, Candle Light, Fireworks, Starry Sky, Beach, Aerial Photo, Snow, High Sensitivity, Baby1&2, Sunset, Pet, Hi-Speed Burst, Multi Aspect
ShutterSpeed/Shutter System 8 - 1/2,000 sec.
Starry Sky Mode: 15, 30, 60 sec.
Self Timer10 seconds / 2 seconds
- Auto Review 1sec, 2sec, Zoom, Hold
- Review No
- Picture Adjustment No
- Color Effect Mode No
- Color Mode Yes
Still Image: JPEG (design rule for camera file system, based on Exif 2.21 standard), DPOF Corresponding
Image with audio: JPEG (design rule for camera file system, based on Exif 2.21 standard)+
Motion Picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Image Quality Fine/Standard
RECORDING IMAGE SIZE (
4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3456 x 2592
3072 x 2304
2560 x 1920
2048 x 1536
1600 x 1200
640 x 480
3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3552 x 2368
3072 x 2048
2560 x 1712
2048 x 1360
16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3712 x 2088
3072 x 1728
2560 x 1440
1920 x 1080
Motion Image (4:3 Aspect Ratio)
640 x 480, 320 x 240
30 fps, 10fps
Motion Image (16:9 Aspect Ratio)
848 x 480 - 30 fps, 10 fps
HD: 1280 x 720 - 30fps, 15fps
- CONVENIENCE FEATURES
Burst Shooting Mode
Full-Resolution Image, 2.5 frames/sec Max. 5 images (Standard mode), Max 3 mages (Fine Mode)
High-speed Burst Mode: approx. 6 frames/sec (recorded in 2M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9)
Unlimited Consecutive ShootingYes
- Intelligent Exposure Yes
- Digital Red Eye Correction Yes
- Easy Zoom/Zoom Resume/Motion Zoom Yes/Yes/Yes
- Still Image Recording with Audio 5 seconds
- Audio Dubbing Maximum of 10 Seconds
Composition Guide LinesYes (2 patterns)
- Built-in Memory approx. 50MB
- Scene Mode Help Screen Yes
- Auto Angle Detection Yes
- Travel Date/World Time Yes/Yes
- Title Edit Yes
- Text Stamp/Date Stamp Yes/Yes
- STANDARD FEATURES
- Built-in Flash Type/Mode Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off 0.6 - 5.3m (Wide/ISO Auto), 1.0 - 3.6m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- External Flash No
3.0" Diagonal Polycrystalline TFT LCD Display (460K dots)
Field of View : approx. 100%
AUTO Power LCD mode, Power LCD mode, High angle mode
- Playback Mode REC/Play Selector Switch, 30 & 12-thumbnail Display, Calendar Display, Zoomed Playback (16x max), Playback of Fav Pics, Image Rotation, Resize, Trim, Protection, Aspect Conv. DPOF Print Setting Creating Still Pics from Motion Picture, Dual Image Playback
Communication Protocol: Standard IEEE802.11b/g
Security Protocol: 128/64bit WEP, TKIP, AES
No. of Channels: 11 (2412˜2462MHz)
Connectivity Speed: IEEE802.11b - 11M/5.5M/2M/1M(bps)
IEEE802.11g - 54M/48M/36M/24M/18M/12M/9M/6M(bps)
- OSD Language English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese
SD Memory Card
SDHC Memory Card
MultiMediaCard (Still image only)
- Interface DC Input, AV Output (NTSC), HD AV Output (Component), USB 2.0 High Speed
- Color Silver
Lithium-ion Battery Pack (3.7V, 1000 mAh)(Included)
AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC)(Optional)
Battery LifeUp to 300 pictures (CIPA Standard)
- Included Software PhotofunStudio -viewer-, ArcSoft® MediaImpression™, ArcSoft® Panorama Maker™, USB Driver
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery Pack,Battery Carrying Case, AV & USB Cables, Strap, CD-ROM
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.33'' x 4.07'' x 1.44''
- Weight 0.47 lbs
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: email@example.comPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.