LUMIX DMC-SZ8 16 MP 12X Zoom Compact Digital Camera - Black
This item is currently not available.
- Get close or go wide with 14mm ultra wide-angle lens
- Share with smartphone or tablet via wireless feature
- Add creativity to photos with HD video with creative filters
- Play back images with bright 3.0" LCD
- Replacement Accessories
- Cases, Bags + Straps
- How To Upload Pictures to YouTube.
- Digital Still Cameras - Connecting to a Mac
- How to Import Pictures Using iPhoto Software
- How To Upload to YouTube.
- How to Connect your Camera to a Wireless Network Using the WPS ( Push Button ) Method.
- How to Format Sd Card and Internal Memory for Compact Cameras
- How to Take Better Photos
- How to Import pictures using Photo Gallery
- How To Upload to Flickr.
- How To Upload to Picasa.
- How To Upload to Twitter.
- How to Create a LUMIX Club Account.
- How To Upload to FaceBook
- How to Send Images Stored in the Camera to a Mac.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 99.8 x 60.4 x 26.5 mm / (3.93 x 2.38 x 1.04 inch)
- Weight Approx. 144 g without Battery and SD Memory Card (0.32 lb) / Approx. 159 g with Battery and SD Memory Card (0.35 lb)
- Camera Effective Pixels 16 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1/2.33-inch CCD Sensor / Total Pixel Number 16.6 Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
ApertureF3.1 - 6.3 / 2-step (F3.1 / 7.8 (W), F6.3 / 16.3 (T))
Focal Lengthf = 4.3 - 51.6mm (24 - 288mm in 35mm equiv.) / (26 - 314mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 16.9x (4:3 / 8M), 27.0x (4:3 / under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom 24x
- 2- Speed Zoom -
- Optical Image Stabilizer/Five Axis Correction O.I.S. (On / Off) / No
Digital ZoomMax. 4x
- Conversion Lens Compatibility -
- Focusing Area Normal / Intelligent Auto / Motion Picture: Wide 3 cm - infinity / Tele 150 cm - infinity
AF Assist LampYes (On/Off)
- AF Metering Face / 1-area / 9-area
- Shutter Speed Approx. 8 - 1/2000 sec / Starry Sky Mode: 15, 30, 60 sec
- File Format Still Image: JPEG (DCF/Exif2.3) / Motion Picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Recording Modes
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Intelligent Auto, Normal Picture, Panorama Shot, Scene, Creative Control
- Creative Control mode Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, / Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, One Point Color (15 filters)
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, / Food, Baby1*, Baby2*, Pet*, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through, HDR, Starry Sky / * Birthday only.
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image (Unlimited Consecutive Shooting): 1.2 frames/sec / High-speed Burst: Approx. 3 frames / sec / (recorded in 3M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9, 2.5M for 1:1)
- Motion Picture Recording (*2)
- HD Video 1280 x 720 pixels, 30fps (HD / Motion JPEG)
- STD Video 640 x 480, 30fps (VGA / Motion JPEG) / 320 x 240, 30fps (QVGA / Motion JPEG)
- High Speed Video -
- Continuous recordable time (motion pictures)
- AVCHD -
- MP4 -
- Actual recordable time (motion pictures)
- AVCHD -
- MP4 -
- Exposure Parameters
ExposureAuto (Program AE)
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV step, +/-2 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing -
- Light Metering Intelligent Multiple
ISO SensitivityAuto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / High Sensitivity Mode (ISO1600 - 6400)
- Picture Quality
- Still Picture Recording [4:3] 4608x3456 (16M) / 3264x2448 (8M EZ) / 2048x1536 (3M EZ) / 640x480 (0.3M EZ) / [3:2] 4608x3072 (14M) / 3264x2176 (7M EZ) / 2048x1360 (2.5M EZ) / [16:9] 4608x2592 (12M) / 1920x1080 (2M EZ) / [1:1] 3456x3456 (12M) / 1536x1536 (2.5M EZ)
- Image Quality -
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set
- Photo Style / Film Mode -
- Color Mode / Color Effect / My color -
- Aspect Bracketing -
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Yes (On/Off)
- GPS -
- Wi-FI IEEE 802.11b/g/n / 2412 MHz – 2462 MHz (1-11 ch) / WPA / WPA2 / Infrastracture Mode / WPS / Wi-Fi Button
- NFC -
- Zoom in Motion Picture Yes
Self Timer2 sec / 10 sec
- Self Shot Mode -
Playback ModeNormal Play, Slide Show, Category Selection, Calendar
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Yes
- Calendar Display / Dual- Image Playback Yes (Menu / Zoom Lever) / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image No / No
- Show Histogram -
- Show Highlights -
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection No / Yes
- Retouch Creative Retouch
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / Yes / No / No
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / No / No
- Cut Animation -
- Video Divide -
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All
- OSD language English, Spanish
LCD Monitor3.0" (7.5cm) TFT Screen LCD Display (460K dots) / Field of View: Approx. 100% / Power Monitor mode, AUTO Power Monitor mode, High-angle Mode
- Built- in- Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off / 0.6 - 5.2m (Wide / ISO Auto), 1.5 - 2.6m (Tele / ISO Auto)
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Built- in- Memory Approx. 80MB
- Microphone / Speaker Mono / Mono
- Battery life (approx.) 200 pictures (CIPA Standard)*1
- Standard Package
- Included Software * The DMC-SZ8 Operating Instructions for advanced features is available for downloaded at Panasonic LUMIX Customer Support Site using PC, smartphone or tablet connected to the Internet. / * The software for PC is not bundled with DMC-SZ8. Please use the software pre-installed to the PC or other general image viewing software to browse pictures.
- Standard Accessories Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, USB Cable, Hand Strap
- NOTE *1 / Recording conditions by CIPA standard / - Temperature: 23 oC (73.4 oF) / Humidity: 50%RH when LCD monitor is on. / - Using a Panasonic SDHC Memory Card / - Using the supplied battery. / - Starting recording 30 seconds after the camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabilizer function is set to [ON].) / - Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording. / - Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa in every recording. / - The number of recordable pictures varies depending on the recording interval time. / - If the recording interval time becomes longer, the number of recordable pictures decreases. / - CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera & Imaging Products Association]. / *2 / - Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 6" or higher when recording motion pictures. SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing. / - Motion pictures can be recorded continuously up to 2 GB. / - The maximum available recording time for up to 2 GB only is displayed on the screen.
- UPC 885170180789
Advanced Features Manuals
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: email@example.comPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.