LUMIX® DMC-S2 14.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
This item is currently not available.
- Mega O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)
- Sonic Speed AF
- HD Video Recording
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 97.9 x 56.6 x 20.6 mm / (3.86 x 2.23 x 0.81 inch)
- Weight Approx. 95g without Battery and SD Memory Card (0.21lb ) / Approx. 112g with Battery and SD Memory Card (0.25 lb)
- Camera Effective Pixels 14.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1/2.33-inch CCD sensor / 14.5 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
ApertureF3.1 - F6.5 / 2-Step (F3.1 / 9.0 (W), F6.5 / 20.0 (T))
Focal Lengthf=5-20.0mm (28-112mm in 35mm equiv.) / (33-132mm in 35mm equiv. in video recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 4.7x (4:3 / 10M), 6.8x (4:3 / 5M), 8.4x(4:3 / under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom 8.0x
- Lens LUMIX DC VARIO / 6 elements in 5 groups / (3 Aspherical Lenses / 5 Aspherical surfaces)
Optical Image StabilizerMEGA O.I.S. (Off / On)
- Focusing Area Normal / Intelligent AUTO / Motion Picture : Wide 5 cm - infinity / Tele 100cm - infinity
AF Assist LampYes
- Focus Normal / Quick AF (Always On)
- Shutter Speed Face / Multi (23pt) / 1pt
Viewfinderapprox. 8 - 1/1600 sec
- File Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3) / Motion picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Intelligent Auto, Normal Picture, SCN, Motion Picture
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Panorama, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, / Baby1(birthday only), Baby2(birthday only), Pet(birthday only), / Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through, Photo Frame
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, apporx 1.5 frames/sec
- Motion Picture Recording (*2) [HD Video] 1280 x 720 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG) / [STD Video] VGA: 640 x 480 pixels, 30fps (Motion JPEG) / QVGA: 320 x 240 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV step, +/-2 EV
- Light Metering Intelligent Multiple
ISO SensitivityI.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / High Sensitivity mode (ISO 1600-6400)
- Still Picture Recording [1:1] 3232x3232(10.5M) / [4:3] 4320x3240(14M) / 3648x2736(10M EZ) / 2560x1920(5M EZ) / 2048x1536(3M EZ) / 640x480(0.3M EZ) / [3:2] 4320x2880 (12.5M) / [16:9] 4320x2432 (10.5M)
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set
- Color Mode / Color Effect / My color Color Mode : Standard, Black&White, Sepia, Vivid(in normal / video), Happy (only in iA Mode)
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Yes
Self Timer2sec / 10sec
Playback ModeNormal Playback, Slideshow, Filtering Playback(Category Playback / Favorites Playback), Calendar Playback
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Max 16x
- Calendar Display / Dual-Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / No
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection No / Yes
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / No / No / No
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / No / No
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- OSD language English, Spanish
LCD Monitor2.7"(6.7cm) TFT Screen LCD Display (230K dots) / Field of View : approx. 100%
- Built-in-Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off, / 0.4 - 3.3m (Wide/i ISO), 1.0 - 1.6m (Tele/i ISO)
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Built-in-Memory Approx.70MB
- Microphone / Speaker Mono / Mono
- Interface AV Output (NTSC), USB2.0 High speed
PowerLi-ion Battery Pack (3.6V, Minimum: 680mAh) (Included) / AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC) (Optional)
- Battery life (approx.) 280 pictures (CIPA Standard)*1
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.0 Lite Edition / Adobe Reader
- Standard Accessories Battery Pack, Battery Charger, USB Cable, Hand Strap, CD-ROM
- NOTE *1 / Recording conditions by CIPA standard / - CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera & Imaging Products Association]. / - Temperature: 23 oC (73.4 oF)/Humidity: 50%RH when LCD monitor is on. / - Using a Panasonic SD Memory Card (32 MB). / - Using the supplied battery. / - Starting recording 30 seconds after the camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabilizer function is set to [ON].) / - Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording. / - Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa in every recording. / - Turning the camera off every 10 recordings and leaving it until the temperature of the battery decreases. / - The number of recordable pictures decreases in Auto Power LCD Mode and Power LCD Mode. / *2 / - These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23 oC (73.4 oF) and a humidity of 50%RH. / - The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use. / - Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON] / [OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation etc.
- UPC 885170068988
Advanced Features Manuals
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.