LUMIX® S1 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
- Mega O.I.S.
- 4x Optical Zoom with 28mm Wide Angle
- 720p HD Movie Recording
- Replacement Accessories
- Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
- Cases, Bags + Straps
Effective Pixels12.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1/2.33-inch / 12.7 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
- Aperture F3.1 - F6.5 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F3.1 - 9.0 (W) / F6.5 - 20.0 (T))
- Extra Optical Zoom 4.9x (4:3 / 8M), 6.3x (4:3 / 5M), 7.8x (under 3M)
Focal Lengthf=5.0-20.0mm (28-112mm in 35mm equiv.)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 4.9x (4:3 / 8M), 6.3x (4:3 / 5M), 7.8x(4:3 / under 3M)
LUMIX DC VARIO
6 elements in 5 groups
(3 Aspherical Lenses / 6 Aspherical surfaces)
Optical Image StabilizerMEGA O.I.S. (Off / On)
( Max. 16.0 x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom )
(Max. 31.2 x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
- Focusing Area Normal / Intelligent AUTO / Motion Picture : Wide 5 cm - infinity / Tele 100cm - infinity
- Focus Range Display Yes
- AF Metering Face / 11 pt / 1pt
- Shutter Speed approx. 8 - 1/1600 sec
- Focus Quick AF (Always On)
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityI.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 High Sensitivity mode (ISO 1600-6400)
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set
(Selectable at Portrait, Soft Skin, Self-Portrait, Sports, Baby, High Sensitivity)
Exposure Program AE
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
- Backlight Compensation Yes (auto in Intelligent AUTO mode)
- Face Detection Photo
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Self-Portrait, Scenery, Panorama Assist, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, Party, Baby, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Fireworks, Beach, Snow
- Shutter Interval approx. 0.7 sec
Self Timer2sec / 10sec
- Auto Review Yes (On/Off)
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 4000x3000(12M) / 3264x2448(8M EZ) / 2560x1920(5M EZ) / 2048x1536(3M EZ) / 640x480(0.3M EZ)
- 3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 4000x2672 (10.5M)
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 4000x2248 (9M)
Motion Picture Recording 4:3
VGA: 640 x 480 pixels, 30fps (Motion JPEG)
QVGA: 320 x 240 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
- Motion Picture Recording 16:9 1280x720 pixels, 24fps (Motion JPEG)
- Aspect Ratio 4:3 / 3:2 / 16:9
Unlimited Consecutive ShootingYes
Composition Guide LinesYes (1 pattern)
- Scene Mode Help Screen Yes
2.7"(6.7cm) TFT Screen LCD Display (230K dots)
Field of View : approx. 100%
- Playback Mode Normal Playback, Slideshow, Filtering Playback(Category Playback), Calendar Playback
- OSD Language English, Spanish
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Interface AV Output (NTSC), USB2.0 High speed
- Power Li-ion Battery Pack (3.6V, Minimum: 660mAh) (Included)
Battery LifeApprox. 240 pictures (CIPA Standard)
- Built-in-Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced Off0.4 - 3.3m (Wide/I.ISO), 1.0 - 1.6m (Tele/I.ISO)
Battery Charger, Battery Pack
Hand Strap, CD-ROM
- Focus Icon Select Yes
- Orientation Detector Yes
- Slideshow Mode All / Category / FavoritesBGM Effect (Natural / Slow / Swing / Urban / OFF)
- Delete Image Single / Multi / All / All except Favorites
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites
- Intelligent ISO Control Photo
- Intelligent Scene Selector Photo (Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Sunset, Macro)
Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3)
Motion picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Color Mode / Color Effect Standard, Vivid, Natural, Black & White, Sepia, Cool, Warm
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / No / Yes (only date stamp)
- Mode Switch [Playback] button
- Easy Zoom / Zoom Resume No / No
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Max 16x
- Calendar Display / Dual-Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / No
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection No / Yes
- Travel Date / World Time No / Yes
- Built-in-Memory approx. 20MB
- Microphone / Speaker Mono / Yes
- Optical Image Stabilizer Photo / Movie
- Recording mode (Mode Dial / Mode Button) Intelligent Auto, Normal Picture, SCN, Motion Picture
- Playback Motion Picture Yes
- LUMIX Image Uploader Yes
- Recommended Humidity 40%RH to 60%RH
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / No / No / No
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 3.89 x 2.31 x 0.82 in
Approx. 117g with Battery and SD Memory Card (0.26 lb)
Approx. 100g without Battery and SD Memory Card (0.22 lb)
- UPC 885170032286
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.