10.1-Megapixel Compact Digital Camera with 30mm Lens and 5x Optical Zoom
This item is currently not available.
Lumix® 10.1-Megapixel Compact Digital Camera with 30mm Wide-Angle Lens, 5x Optical Zoom, Intelligent Auto Mode and 2.5" Diagonal Intelligent LCD, Silver
- Digital Still Cameras - Connecting to a Mac
- How to Import Pictures Using iPhoto Software
- How to Transfer Pictures to a PC using the Photo Gallery Software.
- Panasonic Digital Camera Software Install
- DMC-LZ10 - How to trim a picture
- DMC-LZ10 - How to use Title Edit
- DMC-LZ10 - How to format an SD card
- DMC-LZ10 - How to add the date to a picture using Text Stamp
- DMC-LZ10 - How to set the Picture Size and/or Aspect Ratio
- How to Take Better Photos
- Camera Type Runs on AA Batteries
- Series LZ
- Model Year 2008
- KEY FEATURES
Effective Pixels10.1 Megapixels
1/2.33", 10.7 Total Megapixels
CCD, Primary Color Filter
Extra Optical Zoom
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 5.9x for 7 Mega, 7.1x for 5 Mega, 8.9x for 3 Mega, 2 Mega, 0.3 Mega
3:2 Aspect Ratio: 7.1x for 4.5 Mega, 8.9x for 2.5 Mega
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 7.1x for 3.5 Mega, 8.9x for 2 Mega
Focal Lengthf=5.2-26mm (35mm Equiv.: 30-150mm)
- Lens Leica DC Vario-Elmar
ApertureRange Wide: F3.3 / F8.0 (2 steps)
Tele: F5.9 / F8 (2 steps)
Optical Image Stabilizer MEGA O.I.S.( Mode 1/ Mode 2)
(Max. 20.0x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom)
(Max. 35.6x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
Normal: Wide 50cm/ Tele 100cm - infinity
Macro / Intelligent AUTO: Wide 5cm / Tele 100cm - infinity
- PERFORMANCE FEATURES
- Conversion Lens Compatibility No
- AF Metering Face / 1-point/ 1-point high speed/ 3-point high speed/ 9-point/ Spot
- Focus Normal / Macro, Quick AF On/Off
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto /100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 (High Sensitivity Mode : Auto(1600 - 6400) )
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Halogen / White Set / White Balance Adjustment (+10steps, except for auto set) (Selectable at Portrait, Soft Skin, Self-Portrait, Sports, Baby, Pet, High Sensitivity, and Highspeed Burst mode)
Exposure Program AE Aperture Priority AE Shutter Priority AE
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
BacklightCompensation Yes (at Intelligent AUTO mode)
Auto Bracketing( AE) +/- 1/3 EV ˜ 1EV step, 3 frames
Intelligent Multiple/ Center-weighted/ Spot
Dedicated Button/Mode Switch
Dedicated Button: Macro
Mode Switch: Shooting, Playback
- Shooting Mode (Mode Dial)/Rec. Mode Dial: P(Program AE) Mode, A(Aperture Priority AE) Mode, S(Shutter Priority AE) Mode, M(Manual Exposure) Mode, Motion Picture, Intelligent AUTO
- Scene Modes SCN (Portrait, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Self-Portrait, Food, Party, Candle Light, Fireworks, Starry Sky, Beach, Aerial Photo, Snow, High Sensitivity, Baby 1&2, Sunset, Pet, Hi-Speed Burst)
- Advanced Scene Mode Portrait, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait
ShutterSpeed/Shutter System 8 - 1/2,000 sec.
Starry Sky Mode: 15, 30, 60 sec.
Self Timer10 seconds / 2 seconds
- Auto Review 1sec, 3sec, Zoom, Hold
- Review No
Noise Reduction +2steps
- Color Effect Mode Cool, Warm, Black & White, Sepia
- Color Mode No
Still Image: JPEG (design rule for camera file system, based on Exif 2.21 standard), DPOF Corresponding
Image with audio: JPEG (design rule for camera file system, based on Exif 2.21 standard)+ QuickTime
Motion Picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Image Quality Fine/Standard
RECORDING IMAGE SIZE (
4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3648 x 2736
3072 x 2304
2560 x 1920
2048 x 1536
1600 x 1200
640 x 480
3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3648 x 2432
3072 x 2048
2560 x 1712
2048 x 1360
16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3648 x 2056
2816 x 1584
1920 x 1080
Motion Image (4:3 Aspect Ratio)
640 x 480, 320 x 240
30 fps, 10fps
- Motion Image (16:9 Aspect Ratio) 848 x 480 pixels - 30 fps, 10 fps
- CONVENIENCE FEATURES
Burst Shooting Mode
Full-Resolution Image, 2.5 frames/sec Max. 7 images (Standard mode), Max 4 images (Fine Mode)
High-speed Burst Mode: approx. 10 frames/sec (recorded in 2M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9)
Unlimited Consecutive ShootingYes
- Intelligent Exposure No
- Digital Red Eye Correction No
- Easy Zoom/Zoom Resume/Motion Zoom Yes/No/No
- Still Image Recording with Audio No
- Audio Dubbing No
Composition Guide LinesYes (2 patterns)
- Built-in Memory approx. 27MB
- Scene Mode Help Screen Yes
- Auto Angle Detection Yes
- Travel Date/World Time Yes/Yes
- Title Edit Yes
- Text Stamp/Date Stamp Yes/Yes
- STANDARD FEATURES
Built-in Flash Type/Mode
Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced Off
0.6 - 6.3m (Wide/ISO Auto), 0.3 - 3.1m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- External Flash No
2.5" Diagonal Polycrystalline TFT LCD Display (230K dots)
Field of View : approx. 100%
AUTO Power LCD mode, Power LCD mode, High angle mode
- Playback Mode 30 & 12-thumbnail display, Calendar Display, Zoomed Playback (16x max.), Playback of Favorite Pictures, Category Playback, Slide Show, Image Rotation, Resizing, Trimming, Protection, Aspect Conv. DPOF Print Setting
- OSD Language English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese
SD Memory Card
SDHC Memory Card
- Interface DC Input, A/V Output (NTSC), USB
- Color Silver
- Power Batteries (x2): AA Alkaline
Battery LifeUp to 160 images with Alkaline Batteries
Up to 260 Images with Oxide Batteries
PhotofunStudio -viewer-, ArcSoft® MediaImpression™, ArcSoft®
Panorama Maker™, QuickTime, Adobe Reader, USB Driver
- Standard Accessories Two AA Alkaline Batteries, AV & USB Cables, Strap, CD-ROM
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.44'' x 3.84'' x 1.31''
- Weight 0.31 lbs.
- UPC 037988987344
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.