10.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
Intelligent Auto Mode
LEICA DC Vario-Summicron Lens
- Replacement Accessories
- Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
Firmware & Drivers
- Series LX
- Model Year 2008
Effective Pixels10.1 Megapixels
- Image Sensor 1/1.63" 11.3 Total Mega Pixels CCDPrimary Color Filter
Extra Optical Zoom
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 3.0x for 7 Mega, 3.6x for 5 Mega, 4.5x for 3 Mega, 2 Mega, 0.3 Mega
3:2 Aspect Ratio: 3.0x for 6.5Mega, 3.6x for 4.5Mega, 4.5x for 3Mega, 2.5Mega
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 3.0x for 6Mega, 3.6x for 4.5Mega, 4.5x for 2.5Mega, 2Mega
Focal Lengthf=5.1-12.8mm (35mm Equiv.: 24-60mm)
LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON
8 elements in 6 groups
(4 Aspherical Lenses / 4 Aspherical surfaces)
ApertureRange Wide: F2.0 - F8.0 Tele: F2.8 - F8.0
- LENS SPECIFICATIONS .
Optical Image StabilizerMEGA O.I.S. (Auto/Mode1/ Mode2)
( Max. 10.0 x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom )
(Max. 17.9x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
Normal: Wide 50cm/ Tele 50cm - infinity
Intelligent AUTO / Macro: Wide 1cm / Tele 30cm - infinity
- PERFORMANCE FEATURES .
- Conversion Lens Compatibility Yes
- AF Metering Face / AF tracking / multi-area / 1-area high speed / 1-area / spot
- Focus Normal / Macro, Quick AF On/Off (On in Intelligent Auto), Continuous AF On/Off AF/MF Switchable, Manual Focus(Joystick), One Shot AF, AF Area Select, AF Tracking
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto / 80 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 (High Sensitivity Mode : Auto(1600 - 6400) )
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Halogen / White Set
(Selectable at Portrait, Soft Skin, Transform, Self-Portrait, Sports, Baby, Pet, High Sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst, Pinhole modes)
White Balance Adjustment (±10steps, except for auto set)
ExposureProgram AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual, Program Shift(Program AE mode)
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
- Backlight Compensation Yes (auto in Intelligent AUTO mode)
Auto Bracketing( AE) +/- 1/3 EV ˜ 1EV step, 3 frames
Intelligent Multiple/ Center-weighted/ Spot
- Scene Modes Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Self-Portrait, Food, Party, Candle Light, Fireworks, Starry Sky, Beach, Aerial Photo, Snow, High Sensitivity, Baby1&2, Sunset, Pet, Hi-Speed Burst, Multi Aspect
ShutterSpeed/Shutter System P:1-1/2000sec (Selectable minimum shutter speed)
Starry Sky Mode : 15, 30, 60sec.
Self Timer2sec / 10sec
- Auto Review 1sec, 2sec, Zoom, Hold
- Review 1x/4x/8x
Noise Reduction +2steps
(can be adjusted in Film Mode)
Still Image: JPEG(Design rule for Camera File system, based on Exif 2.21 standard), RAW, DPOF corresponding image with audio: JPEG (Design rule for Camera File system, based on Exif 2.21 standard)+ QuickTime
Motion picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Image Quality Fine / Standard / RAW / RAW+Standard JPEG / RAW+Fine JPEG
RECORDING IMAGE SIZE (
4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3648 x 2736
3072 x 2304
2560 x 1920
2048 x 1536
1600 x 1200
640 x 480
3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3776 x 2520
3168 x 2112
2656 x 1768
2112 x 1408
2048 x 1360
16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3968 x 2232
3328 x 1872
2784 x 1568
2208 x 1248
1920 x 1080
- Motion Image (4:3 Aspect Ratio) 640 x 480 pixels 30 fps, 320 x 240 pixels 30 fps/10 fps
- Motion Image (16:9 Aspect Ratio) : 848 x 480 pixels 30 fps
- Motion Image HD¿16:9 Aspect Ratio) 1280x720 pixels 30fps
- CONVENIENCE FEATURES .
- Burst Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, 2.5 frames/sec Max. 8 images (Standard mode), Max 4 images (Fine), Max 3images (RAW)
Unlimited Consecutive ShootingYes
- Intelligent Exposure Off / Low / Standard / High
- Digital Red Eye Correction Yes
- Easy Zoom/Zoom Resume/Motion Zoom No/No/No
- Still Image Recording with Audio 5 seconds
- Audio Dubbing Maximum of 10 Seconds
Composition Guide LinesYes (2 patterns)
- Built-in Memory approx. 50MB
- Scene Mode Help Screen Yes
- Auto Angle Detection Yes
- Travel Date/World Time Yes/Yes
- Title Edit Yes
- Text Stamp/Date Stamp Yes/-
- STANDARD FEATURES .
- Built-in Flash Type/Mode Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off Flash Synchro ; 1st / 2nd Flash output Adjustment (1/3EV step, -2 - +2 EV) 0.8 - 8.3m (Wide/Macro/ISO Auto), 0.3 - 5.9m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- External Flash Yes
ViewfinderExternal OVF (Optional)
3.0", 3:2 Polycrystalline TFT LCD Display (460K dots)
Field of View : approx. 100%AUTO Power LCD mode, Power LCD mode
- Film Mode Standard, Dynamic, Natural, Smooth, Vibrant, Nostalgic, WB/Standard, WB/Dynamic, WB/Smooth, My Film1, MyFilm2, Multi Film
- Playback Mode REC/Play Selector Switch, 30 & 12-thumbnail Display, Calendar Display, Zoomed Playback (16x max), Playback of Fav Pics, Image Rotation, Resize, Trim, Protection, Aspect Conv. DPOF Print Setting Creating Still Pics from Motion Picture, Dual Image Playback
- OSD Language English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese
SD Memory Card
SDHC Memory Card
MultiMediaCard (Still image only)
- Interface DC Input, AV Output (NTSC), HD AV Output (Component), USB2.0 High speed
- Color Silver
- Power Li-ion Battery Pack (3.7V, 1150mAh) (Included)AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC) (Optional)
Battery Life380 pictures (CIPA standard)
- ACCESSORIES .
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO -viewer- 2.1E ArcSoft (MediaImpression / Panorama Maker) SilkyPix Developer Studio 3.0SE, QuickTime, USB Driver
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery Pack, Battery Carrying Case, Lens Cap, Lens Cap Strap, AV Cable, USB Cable, Shoulder Strap, CD-ROM
- SPECIFICATIONS .
- ISO Limit Set Yes
- Multi-Exposure Yes
- Multi-Aspect Yes
- Rec Mode (Mode Dial) Intelligent AUTO, P(Program) mode, A(AperturePriority) mode, S(Shutter Priority) mode, M(Manual) mode, Motion Picture, Custom1, Custom2, Scene mode
- Color Bracketing No
- Motion Picture 4:3 Aspect Ratio: 640 x 480 pixels 30 fps, 320 x 240 pixels 30 fps/10 fps 16:9 Aspect Ratio: 848 x 480 pixels 30 fps
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.34'' x 4.28'' x 1.06''
- Weight .5 lbs.
- UPC 037988988129
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.