LUMIX® DMC-LS5K 14.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
Firmware & Drivers
Dimensions (W x H x D) (Approx.)
96.5 x 62.0 x 27.2 mm
(3.8 x 2.45 x 1.07 inch)
126 g (0.28 lb) without AA Battery and SD Memory Card
173 g (0.38 lb) with AA Battery and SD Memory Card
- Camera Effective Pixels 14.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1/2.33-inch CCD sensor / 14.5 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
F2.8 - 6.5 / 2-step
(F2.8 - 7.9 (W) / F6.5 - 18.4 (T))
- Optical Zoom 5x
f = 4.7 - 23.5 mm
(26 - 130 mm in 35 mm equiv.)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 6x (4:3 / 10M), 8.5x (4:3 / 5M), 10.5x (4:3 / under 3M)
7 elements in 5 groups
(5 Aspherical Lenses / 8 Aspherical Surfaces)
- Optical Image Stabilizer O.I.S. (On / Off)
- Digital Zoom 4x
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 15 cm - infinity / Tele 60 cm - infinity
- Focus Normal
- AF Metering Face / 9-area / 1-area
- Shutter Speed Still: Approx. 8 - 1/2,000 sec
- Digital Red-Eye Correction(Red-Eye Removal) Yes
Recording File Format
Still Image: JPEG (DCF / Exif 2.3)
Motion Picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Rec Mode (Mode Button) Intelligent Auto, Normal Picture, Scene Mode, Motion Picture
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Self Portrait, Scenery, Panorama Assist, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, Party, Baby, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Fireworks, Beach, Snow
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full-resolution Image, 0.8 frames / sec
Motion Picture Recording (QuickTime Motion JPEG)HD Video: 1,280 x 720 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
STD Video: VGA:640 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
QVGA: 320 x 240 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
- Exposure Program AE
- Exposure Compensation 1/3 EV step, -2 - +2 EV
- Light Metering Multiple
ISO Sensitivity(Standard Output Sensitivity)
Auto / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600
High Sensitivity Mode (ISO1600 - 6400)
Still Image Recording
4:3 Aspect Ratio:
4,320 x 3,240 pixels (14M),
3,648 x 2,736 pixels (10M EZ),
2,560 x 1,920 pixels (5M EZ),
2,048 x 1,536 pixels (3M EZ),
640 x 480 pixels (0.3M EZ)
3:2 Aspect Ratio: 4,320 x 2,880 pixels (12.5M)
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 4,320 x 2,432 pixels (10.5M)
- White Balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set
- Self Timer 2 sec / 10 sec
- Playback Mode Normal Playback, Slideshow, Category Selection
- Thumbnails/Zoomed Playback 12, 30 thumbnails /Yes
- Set Protection Yes
- Resize Yes
- Copy Yes
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All
English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Russian, Chinese (Traditional), Netherlandic, Thai, Turkish, Portuguese, Arabic, Persian, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Vietnamese
*Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region for details on the OSD languages on the products that are available in your market.
6.7 cm (2.7") TFT Screen LCD Display (230,000 dots)
Field of View: Approx. 100%
Auto, Auto / Red-eye Reduction, Forced On,
Forced On / Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync. / Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off,
0.6 - 4.6 m (Wide / ISO Auto), 0.6 - 2.0 m (Tele / ISO Auto)
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Built-in Memory Approx. 10 MB
- Microphone Yes (Mono)
- Speaker Yes
- Interface USB2.0 High-Speed
- Power Alkaline AA Battery x 2
Battery Life (Approx.)160 pictures
320 pictures (with Optional Ni-MH AA Battery (1,950 mAh) )
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0, QuickTime, Adobe Reader
Alkaline AA Battery x 2, USB Cable, Hand Strap, CD-ROM
*Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region for details on the standard accessories on the products that are available in your market.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (Approx.) 96.5 x 62.0 x 27.2 mm
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
Advanced Features Manuals
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.