LUMIX® GH3 Body Only, 16 Megapixel Digital Single Lens Mirrorless Camera (No Lens)
- Professional HD Video up to 1080/60p in H.264 format
- Sealed magnesium-alloy body helps the camera withstand the rigors of professional use.
- Full Area High-Speed AF System for fast shooting and focus in both still and video modes
- Dual-OLED Displays are used for both the Live View Finder and the rear monitor and feature 100% coverage, exhibits virtually no perceptible lag time and ensures the subject is shown with natural coloring.
- Replacement Accessories
External Flash + Microphones
- Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
LUMIX G X Vario Power Zoom Lens, 45-175mm, F4.0-5.6 ASPH., Micro Four Thirds, POWER Optical I.S. - H-PS45175KH-PS45175K
Back Order$449.99 $449.95
In Stock$599.99 $599.95
In Stock$349.99 $349.95
LUMIX G X Vario Power Zoom Lens, 14-42mm, F3.5-5.6 ASPH., Micro Four Thirds, POWER Optical I.S. - H-PS14042SH-PS14042S
Back Order$799.99 $799.95
In Stock$329.99 $329.95
- Get Support
Firmware & Drivers
- Version: 1.2
Connecting to PC via Wi-Fi by inputting the computer name (the NetBIOS name for Apple Mac computers) is enabled.1920 x 1080, 60p[NTSC]/50p[PAL], 28Mbps mode is added in the video recording option of [MP4].
"Exposure Comp. Reset" is added which resets the setting of exposure compensation to ±0 whenever the camera is turned off or the shooting mode is changed. - (SD - Firmware Download)
"Low Light AF" is added that makes it possible to set focus on the subject in low-lit situations (-3EV).
"Silent Mode" is added which suppresses electronic shutter, shutter sound, operation sound and flash emission with a single setting.
Connection problem with Apple Mac computers via Wi-Fi is fixed.
Performance of AF is enhanced in use with H-PS14042 and H-PS45175.
- Release Date: 11-29-2011
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- How to Take Pictures Using the Remote Shutter
- 3D Still Photography Tips
- About Panasonic Lenses
- How to Upload to Flickr
- How to Upload to Picasa
- How to Upload to Twitter
- How to Check and Install Firmware
- How to Connect to Mac
- How to Create a Shared Folder
- How to Shoot Using Aperature Priority
- How to Send Images Stored in the Camera to a Mac
- How to Upload Pictures to Facebook
- How to Upload to YouTube
- About the Panasonic Lenses
- How to Create a Lumix Club Account
- How to Import Pictures Using iPhoto
- How to use Your New Lens
- How to Install Software for Camera
- How to Install Software
- How to Take Better Photos
- How to Set up Your Camera for Time Lapse Photography
- How to Use Aperture Priority
- How to Connect your Camera to a Wireless Network Using the WPS (Push Button) Method
- How to use Your New Lens
- Type Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera
- Recording media SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card (Compatible with UHS-I standard SDHC / SDXC Memory Cards)
- Image sensor size 17.3 x 13.0 mm (in 4:3 aspect ratio)
- Lens Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
- Type Live MOS Sensor
- Total pixels 17.20 Megapixels
- Camera effective pixels 16.05 Megapixels
- Color filter Primary color filter
- Dust reduction system Supersonic wave filter
- Recording file format Still Image: JPEG(DCF, Exif 2.3), RAW, MPO (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds standard) / Motion Image: AVCHD Ver2.0 compliant (AVCHD Progressive), MPEG4-AVC(H.264). (MOV, MP4)
- Aspect ratio 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1
- Image quality RAW, RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard, Fine, Standard, / MPO+Fine / MPO+Standard (with 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard)
- Color Space sRGB, Adobe RGB
- File size(Pixels)
- Still Image [4:3] 4608x3456(L) / 3264x2448(M) / 2336x1752(S) / 1824x1368 (with 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard) / [3:2] 4608x3072(L) / 3264x2176(M) / 2336x1560(S) / 1824x1216 (with 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard) / [16:9] 4608x2592(L) / 3264x1840(M) / 1920x1080(S) / 1824x1024 (with 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard) / [1:1] 3456x3456(L) / 2448x2448(M) / 1744x1744(S) / 1712x1712 (with 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard)
- Motion Image (MOV*1 : NTSC area) [Full HD]1920×1080, 30p (sensor output is 30p, 72Mbps(ALL-Intra)) / [Full HD]1920×1080, 24p (sensor output is 24p, 72Mbps(ALL-Intra)) / [HD]1280x720, 60p (sensor output is 60p, 72Mbps(ALL-Intra)) / [Full HD]1920×1080, 60p (sensor output is 60p, 50Mbps(IPB)) / [Full HD]1920×1080, 30p (sensor output is 30p, 50Mbps(IPB)) / [Full HD]1920×1080, 24p (sensor output is 24p, 50Mbps(IPB))
- Motion Image (MP4*2 : NTSC area) [Full HD]1920×1080, 60fps (sensor output is 60p, 28Mbps)*4 / [Full HD]1920×1080, 30fps (sensor output is 30p, 20Mbps) / [HD]1280x720, 30fps (sensor output is 30p, 10Mbps) / [VGA] 640x480, 30fps (sensor output is 30p, 4Mbps)
- Motion Image (AVCHD Progressive*2:NTSC area) [Full HD]1920×1080, 60p (sensor output is 60p, 28Mbps)
- Motion Image (AVCHD*2 : NTSC area) [Full HD] 1920×1080, 24p （sensor output is 24p, 24Mbps） / [Full HD] 1920×1080, 60i (sensor output is 30p, 24Mbps) / [Full HD] 1920×1080, 60i (sensor output is 60p, 17Mbps)
- Continuous recordable time (Motion images) AVCHD with picture quality set to Approx. 240 min with H-HS12035 / Approx. 220 min with H-VS014140
- Actual recordable time (Motion images) AVCHD with picture quality set to Approx. 120 min with H-HS12035 / Approx. 110 min with H-VS014140
- Flicker reduction (Motion images) [1/50] / [1/60] / [1/100] / [1/120] / OFF
- Time Code (Motion images) (except MP4) ON/OFF, Count Up : Rec Run/Free Run selectable, Time Code Mode : Drop frame/Non-drop frame selectable(NTSC only)
- WiFi IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 2412MHz - 2462MHz (11ch), Wi-Fi / WPA / WPA2, Infrastructure mode
- Type OLED Live View Finder (1,744K dots)
- Field of view Approx. 100%
- Magnification Approx. 1.34x / 0.67x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Eye point Approx. 21 mm from eyepiece lens
- Diopter adjustment -4.0~+4.0（dpt）
- Auto eye sensor Yes
- Type Contrast AF system
- Focus mode AFS (Single) / AFF (Flexible) / AFC (Continuous) / MF
- AF mode Face detection / AF Tracking / 23-area-focusing / 1-area-focusing / Pinpoint / (Full area touch is available)
- AF assist lamp Yes (ON / OFF)
- AF lock Yes (AF/AE LOCK button)
- Others Quick AF, Continuous AF (during motion image recording), AF+MF, Eye Sensor AF, Touch Pad AF, Touch AF, Touch shutter, Touch MF Assist, Shutter AF, / Half Press Release
- Light metering system 144-zone multi-pattern sensing system
- Light metering mode Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
- Metering range EV0-18 （F2.0 lens, ISO100 equivalent）
- Exposure mode Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- ISO sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity) Auto / Intelligent ISO / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 (Changeable to 1/3, 1EV step) / (Extended ISO125-less under 200, ISO more over 12800-25600 Available) (Up to ISO3200 in Auto)
- Exposure compensation 1/3 EV Step ±5EV (±3EV for motion image)
- AE lock AF/AE LOCK button
- AE bracket 3,5,7 frame in 1/3, 2/3 or 1 EV Step, single/burst
- White balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / incandescent / Flash / White Set 1, 2, 3, 4 / Color temperature setting
- White balance adjustment Blue/amber bias, Magenta/green bias
- Color temperature setting 2500-10000K in 100K
- White balance bracket 3 exposures in blue/amber axis or in magenta/green axis
- Type Focal-plane shutter
- Shutter speed Still Images: 1/4000-60 and Bulb (Approx. 60 minutes), Motion image: 1/16,000 ~ 1/30 (NTSC)
- Self timer 10sec, 3 images after 10sec, 2sec
- Remote control Remote control with Bulb function by DMW-RSL1 (Optional)
- Still image Clear Portrait / Silky Skin / Backlit Softness / Clear in Backlight / Relaxing Tone / Sweet Child's Face / Distinct Scenery / Bright Blue Sky / Romantic Sunset Glow / Vivid Sunset Glow / Glistening Water / Clear Nightscape / Cool Night Sky / / Warm Glowing Nightscape / Artistic Nightscape / Glittering Illuminations / Clear Night Portrait / Soft Image of a Flower / Appetizing Food / Cute Dessert / Freeze Animal Motion / Clear Sports Shot / Monochrome
- Motion Picture Clear Portrait / Silky Skin / Backlit Softness / Clear in Backlight / Relaxing Tone / Sweet Child's Face / Distinct Scenery / Bright Blue Sky / Romantic Sunset Glow / Vivid Sunset Glow / Clear Nightscape / Cool Night Sky / / Warm Glowing Nightscape / Artistic Nightscape / Clear Night Portrait / Appetizing Food / Cute Dessert / Freeze Animal Motion / Clear Sports Shot / Monochrome
- Burst speed SH: 20 frames/sec, H: 6 frames/sec, M: 4 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)
- Number of recordable images 18 images (when there are RAW files with the particular speed) / Unlimited consecutive shooting (when there are no RAW files) / (depending on memory card size, battery power, picture size, and compression)
- Built in flash Type TTL Built-in-Flash, GN12 equivalent (ISO100 ・m)/GN17 equivalent (ISO200 ・m) Built-in Pop-up（Reference）
- Flash Mode Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction (when iA, iA+), Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction
- Synchronization speed Less than 1/160 second
- Flash output adjustment 1/3EV Step ±3EV
- Flash synchronization 1st. Curtain Sync, 2nd Curtain Sync.
- Synchronization for flash dimming and exposure compensation Yes (ON/OFF)
- Flash sync socket Yes
- Type OLED Monitor with static touch control
- Monitor size Free-angle 3.0inch / 3:2 Aspect / Wide viewing angle
- Filed of view Approx. 100%
- Monitor adjustment Brightness (7 levels), Color (7 levels), Red-Green(11 levels), Blue-Yellow(11 levels)
- Digital zoom 2x, 4x
- Extra Tele Conversion Still image: Max.2x (Not effective with L size recording. Magnification ratio depends on the recording pixels and aspect ratio.) / Motion image: 2.4x, 3.6x, 4.8x (Magnification ratio depends on the recording quality and aspect ratio.)
- Other functions Guide Lines (3 patterns) / Real-time Histogram
- Level Gauge Yes
- Still image and Video Standard / Vivid / Natural / Monochrome / Scenery / Portrait / Custom
- Still image Expressive / Retro / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Dynamic Monochrome / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Miniature Effect / Soft Focus / Star Filter / One Point Color
- Motion Picture Expressive / Retro / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Dynamic Monochrome / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Miniature Effect / One Point Color
CREATIVE VIDEO MODE
- Exposure Mode Program AE/ Aperture-Priority / Sutter-Priority / Manual Exposure
- Slow and fast motion 40% / 48% / 80% (Records 0.4 times, 0.48 times, 0.8 times slower) / 160% / 200% / 300% (Records 1.6 times, 2.0 times, 3.0 times faster) / (1920x1080, 24p, 24Mbps in MOV, MP4, AVCHD)
- Playback mode Normal playback, 30-thumbnail display, 12-thumbnail display, Calendar display, Zoomed playback (Max.16x), Slide Show (All / Picture Only / Video Only / 3D / Category Selection / Favorite, duration & effect is selectable), / Playback Mode (Normal Play / Picture Only / Video Play / 3D Play / Category Play / Favorite Play), Title Edit, Text Stamp, Video Divide, Resize, Cropping, Rotate, Favorite, Print Set, Protect, Face Recognition Edit
IMAGE PROTECTION / ERASE
- Protection Single / Multi or Cancel
- Erase Single / Multi / All / Except Favorite
- Direct Print PictBridge compatible
- USB USB 2.0 High Speed
- HDMI miniHDMI TypeC / Video: Auto / 1080p / 1080i / 720p / 480p / Audio: Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator
- Audio video output Monaural Type, NTSC / *Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region for details on the products that are available in your market.
- Remote input φ2.5mm for Remote
- External microphone input φ3.5mm for External microphone
- Headphone output φ3.5mm for Headphone
MicrophoneStereo, Wind-cut: Off / Low / Standard / High / AUTO
- OSD language English, Spanish(English)
BatteryLi-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1860mAh) (Included)
- Battery life (CIPA standard) Approx. 540 images with H-HS12035 / Approx. 500 images with H-VS014140
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 132.9 x 93.4 x 82.0mm / 5.23 x 3.68 x 3.23 in (excluding protrusions)
- Weight Approx. 550g/ 19.40 oz (SD card, Battery, Body) / Approx. 470g / 16.58 oz (Body only)
- Operating temperature 0℃ to 40℃ (32°F to 104°F)
- Operating humidity 10% to 80％
SoftwarePHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.5 PE / SILKYPIX® Developer Studio 3.1 SE / LoiloScope (trial version)
- Standard accessories Body, / Body Cap, / Battery Charger (AC Cable included), / Battery Pack, / USB Connection Cable, / Shoulder Strap, / CD-ROM
- External Flash (optional) DMW-FL360L (optional), Wireless Channel: 1ch/2ch/3ch/4ch
- External Microphone (optional) DMW-MS2 (optional), Gun/Stereo selectable
- Battery Grip (optional) DMW-BGGH3 (optional)
- NOTE *1 Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class10" / *2 Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class4" or higher / *4 Firmware must be updated to the latest version 1.1.
- UPC 885170103887
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.