LUMIX® GH2K 16 Megapixel Compact System Camera 10X 14-140 HD Zoom Lens Kit
Advanced Compact Hybrid (Still/Video) Mirror-less DSL Micro Body (16.05 Megapixels)
10X Lens Kit (HD 14-140mm F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S.)
Micro Four Thirds Mount, Light Speed Focusing, 3D Lens Ready
Advanced 3.0" Free Angle LCD with Touch Control Features (460K)
High Speed Three Core Processor (Venus Engine VI FHD), AVCHD Video 24 Mbps
Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
- Hoods + Caps
In Stock$399.95 $299.96
In Stock$599.95 $549.95
In Stock$329.95 $267.99
In Stock$449.95 $368.99
In Stock$329.95 $248.99
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 1.1
Added a video mode [HIGH BIT RATE] which is suitable for editing video recorded at high bit rate(24Mbps).
Added a function [POWER ZOOM LENS] when using power zoom lens.
([DISP FOCAL LENGTH], [STEP ZOOM], [ZOOM RESUME], [ZOOM SPEED], [ZOOM RING]*)
Full area enlargement of AF area setting.
Improved in the speed of consecutive shooting when shot with auto bracket.
Increased number of recordable images in consecutive shooting.
[EX.TELE CONV. (Extra Tele Conversion)] can be set ON/OFF separately in photo or video recording.
More accurate light adjustment of built-in flash.
Improved in the AF performance in video recording.
Synchronization of alarm volume for low battery with [BEEP VOLUME].
Added a function [HALF PRESS RELEASE].
Improved NR (Noise Reduction) in high sensitivity shooting.
Added a function [TOUCH SCREEN] which is ON/OFF control of touch-screen.
- Release Date: 11-29-2011
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- How to Take Pictures Using the Remote Shutter
- About Panasonic Lenses
- How to Check and Install Firmware
- How to Connect to Mac
- How to Convert AVCHD to MPEG2
- How to Copy Photos to Your PC
- How to Import Pictures Using iPhoto
- How to Import Pictures Using Photo Gallery
- How to Resize Your Photos
- How to Convert AVCHD to MPEG2 Using PhotoFunStudio
- How to Import Photos to PC Using PhotoFunStudio
- How to Install Software for Camera
- How to Install Software
- How to Take Better Photos
- How to use Your New Lens
- Camera Type Digital interchangeable lens system camera
Effective Pixels16.05 Megapixels
Type: Live MOS Sensor
Total pixels:18.31 Megapixels
Color filter:Primary color filter
- Image Sensor Size 17.3 x 13.0 mm (in 4:3 aspect ratio)
- Dust Reduction System Supersonic wave filter
- Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
Type:Contrast AF system, Focus mode:AFS/ AFC/ MF
AF mode:Face detection / AF Tracking / 23-area-focusing / 1-area-focusing
Touch (1 area-focusing in Face detection / AF Tracking / Multi-area-focusing / 1-area-focusing)
- AF detective range EV 0-18
- Focus Others Pre AF (Quick AF/Continuous AF), AF+MF, Touch shutter, Touch MF Assist
- AF/AE Lock AF/AE LOCK button or Shutter button halfway pressed in AFs mode
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto / Intelligent ISO / 160 / 200 / 250 / 320 / 400 / 400 / 500/ 640 / 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1600 / 2000 / 2500 / 3200 / 4000 / 5000 / 6400 / 8000 / 10000 / 12800 /
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Halogen / Flash / White Set 1,2 / Color temperature setting
White Balance Adjustment
- Color Temperature Setting 2500-10000K in 100K
- White Balance Bracket 3 exposures in blue/amber axis or in magenta/green axis
ExposureProgram AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual, Auto
Exposure Compensation1/3EV Step ±5EV
Auto Bracketing( AE) 3,5,7 frame, in 1/3, 2/3 or 1 EV Step, ±3 EV
- Light Metering System 144-zone multi-pattern sensing system
Intelligent Multiple/ Center-weighted/ Spot
- Metering Range EV 0-18
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait (Normal/Soft Skin/Outdoor/Indoor/Creative) / Scenery (Normal/Nature/Architecture/Creative) / Close-up (Flower/Food/Objects/Creative) / SCN (Peripheral Defocus/Night Portrait/Night Scenery/Sunset/Party/Sports/Baby 1,2/Pet)
- Movie Scene Mode Portrait (Normal/Soft Skin/Outdoor/Indoor/Creative) / Scenery (Normal/Nature/Architecture/Creative) / Close-up (Flower/Food/Objects/Creative) / SCN (Peripheral Defocus/Night Portrait/Night Scenery/Sunset/Party/Sports/Baby 1,2/Pet)
- Movie Scene Mode Note (Activated by selecting Still Image SCN mode then pressing Motion picture Button. Still Image SCN mode without corresponding Movie SCN mode is recorded in Normal mode or other related mode.)
ShutterSpeed/Shutter System Type:Focal-plane shutter
Shutter Speed:Still Images: 1/4000 ˜ 60 and Bulb (up to approx. 2 minutes)
Self Timer10sec, 3 images/ 2sec / 10sec
- Image Quality RAW, RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard, Fine, Standard,MPO+Fine, MPO+Standard (with 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds standard)
- Color Space sRGB, Adobe RGB
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) [4:3] 4608x3456(L) / 3264x2448(M) / 2336x1752(S) / 1920x1440(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard)
- 3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) [3:2] 4752x3168(L) / 3360x2240(M) / 2400x1600(S) / 1920x1280(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard)
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) [16:9] 4976x2800(L) / 3520x1980(M) / 1920x1080(S) / 1920x1080(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third standard)
- 1:1 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) [1:1] 3456x3456(L) / 2448x2448(M) / 1744x1744(S) / 1792x1792(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third standard)
- Motion Picture Recording 4:3 Motion JPEG: [4:3] QVGA : 320 x 240, 30fps / VGA : 640 x 480, 30fps
- Motion Picture Recording 16:9 Motion JPEG: [16:9] WVGA : 848 x 480, 30fps
- Motion Image (HD Movie) Motion JPEG: [HD] 1280 x 720, 30fps
Motion Image (AVCHD) NTSC
[Full HD] 1920×1080, 24p (24H:24Mbps,24L:17Mbps)
[Full HD] 1920×1080, 60i (sensor output is 60p) (FSH:17Mbps, FH:13Mbps/AVCHD)
[HD] 1280 x 720, 60p (sensor output is 60p) (SH:17Mbps, H:13Mbps/AVCHD)
- Aspect Ratio 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1 (Multi-aspect recording except 1:1)
Protection: Single / Multi or Cancel
Erase: Single / Multi / All / Except FAVORITE
- Built-in Flash Type/Mode TTL Built-in-Flash, GN13.9 equivalent (ISO 160•m), Built-in Pop-upAuto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off
- Flash Synchronization 1st. Curtain Sync. , 2nd Curtain Sync.
- X-Sync Speed Less than 1/160 second
ViewfinderLive View Finder (1,533,600 dots equiv.)
Field of view:Approx. 100%
Magnification:Approx. 1.42x / 0.71x (35mm camera equiv.) with 50mm lens at infinity; -1.0 m-1
Eye point:Approx.17.5mm from eyepiece lens
Diopter adjustment: -4.0˜+4.0(dpt)
- Auto eye sensor Yes
TFT LCD with Touch panel
Free-angle 3.0inch / 3:2 Aspect / Wide viewing angle
460K dots pixels
Field of view:Approx. 100%
Monitor adjustment:Brightness (7 levels), Color (7 levels)
- Live View Digital zoom: 2x, 4x
Extra Tele Conversion
Still image: Max.2x (Not effective with L size recording. Magnification ratio depends on the recording pixels and aspect ratio.)
Motion image: Max.4.8x (Magnification ratio depends on the recording quality and aspect ratio.)
- Live View: Other Functions Guide Lines (3 patterns)/Real-time Histogram
Color:Standard / Dynamic / Smooth / Nature / Nostalgic / Vibrant
B&W:Standard / Dynamic / Smooth
Others:My Film1 / My Film2 / Multi Film / Cinema
- Playback Mode Normal playback, 30-thumbnail display, 12-thumbnail display, Calendar display, Zoomed playback (16x Max.), Slideshow (duration & effect is selectable)
- Additional Playback Mode Playback Mode (Normal/Picture/AVCHD/Motion JPEG/3D Play/Category/Favorite), Title Edit, Text Stamp, Video Divide, Resize, Cropping, Aspect Conversion, Rotate, Rotate Display, Favorite, Print Set, Protect, Face Rec Edit
- OSD Language English, Spanish
- Recording Media SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card
MicrophoneMonaural, Wind-cut: Off / Low / Standard / High
Video: Auto / 1080i / 720p / 480p
Audio: Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator
- Direct Print PictBridge compatible (Print size, Layout, Date setting is selectable)
ID-Security Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1200mAh) (Included)
Battery LifeCIPA standard:
Approx. 330 images (LCD), Approx. 340 images (LVF) with H-FS014042
Approx. 320 images (LCD), Approx. 330 images (LVF) with H-VS014140
- Operating Humidity 10% to 80%
- Operating Temperature 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Flash Output Adjustment 1/3EV Step ±2EV
- Hot shoe TTL Auto with FL220/FL360/FL500(Optional)
PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 HD Edition
SILKYPIX® Developer Studio 3.1 SE
Super Loilo Scope (trial version)
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery Pack, Body Cap,AV Cable, USB Connection Cable, Shoulder Strap, Stylus pen, CD-ROM
- Remote Control Remote control with bulb function by DMW-RSL1 (Optional)
Continuous recordable time (Motion images)
AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 120 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 110 min with H-VS014140
Motion Jpeg with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 130 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 120 min with H-VS014140
Actual recordable time (Motion images)
AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 70 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 65 min with H-VS014140
Motion JPEG with picture quality set to [HD]: Approx. 75 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 70 min with H-VS014140
- My Color Mode (Still image & Movie) Expressive/Retro/Pure/Elegant/Cinema/Monochrome/Dynamic Art/Silhouette/Custom (Color/Brightness/Saturation/ Contrast adjustable)
- Burst Speed SH: 40 frames/sec(4M), H: 5 frames/sec, M: 3 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)
BURST SHOOTING: Number of recordable images
7 images (when there are RAW files with the particular speed)
Unlimited consecutive shooting (when there are no RAW files)
(depending on memory card size, battery power, picture size, and compression)
Still Image: JPEG(DCF, Exif 2.3), RAW, DPOF compatible
MPO (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds standard)
Motion Image: AVCHD / QuickTime Motion JPEG
Approx.609g / 21.48 oz (SD card, Battery, 14-42mm lens included)
Approx. 904g / 31.88 oz (SD card, Battery, 14-140mm lens included)
Approx. 392g / 13.82 oz (Body only)
- USB USB 2.0 High Speed
- Audio video output Stereo Type, NTSC
- Recommended Humidity 40%RH to 60%RH
- Remote / External microphone input ø2.5mm. stereo mini jack
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 124 x 89.6 x 75.8mm / 4.88 x 3.53 x 2.98 in (excluding protrusions)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 7.125'' x 13.125'' x 9.5625''
- UPC 885170024243
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: email@example.comPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.